• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

rataven

30 more minutes, 30 more minutes........

Does anyone know the reason why the court would not be dropping any Stolen Runes for me at all now?

Probably just bad luck. I haven't ran the court in a while but I don't remember hearing of any change with their rarity.

Zeus7

court of oryx has always been terrible rngeezuz for me

I have had the same experience. Although doing reciprocal runes seems to level up the Crotas Bane faction fairly quickly to get an upgrade package. I got runes from that :)

Waldini

So. Started playing this game again.

Smashed Crota once with my old Raid Crew. Got everything. Did it five more times with LFG and it amazes me that there's so little people left who did Crota when the Raid was released. Nobody has a clue what to do ... even if the Raid is pretty easy and fast to do.

I bet that with tonights VoG release there will be alot of people who do not know what to do. Such a shame these Raid's didn't get updated earlier.

Templar Challenge :

- Do not allow the Templar to teleport!
- Destroy all Oracles that spawn at the Templar fase!

Atheon Challenge :

- Push Atheon of the ledge!

glaurung

Smashed Crota once with my old Raid Crew. Got everything. Did it five more times with LFG and it amazes me that there's so little people left who did Crota when the Raid was released. Nobody has a clue what to do ... even if the Raid is pretty easy and fast to do.

I bet that with tonights VoG release there will be alot of people who do not know what to do. Such a shame these Raid's didn't get updated earlier.

Templar Challenge :

Atheon Challenge :

All I know:
  • Pre-Templar oracle fight will be different. Less waves, more oracles?
  • Templar challenge sounds about right.
  • Atheon challenge? More RNG teleportation, maybe more people get pulled, maybe more people need to wrangle the relic. Could be that no one person can pick up the relic more than once.

Templar Challenge :

Atheon Challenge :

Nah the worst is knowing how it's done and having tons of experience but none of your raid/friends play it any more :'(

Waldini

All I know:
  • Pre-Templar oracle fight will be different. Less waves, more oracles?
  • Templar challenge sounds about right.
  • Atheon challenge? More RNG teleportation, maybe more people get pulled, maybe more people need to wrangle the relic. Could be that no one person can pick up the relic more than once.

Yep. Read about that as well. Still, I wouldn't be worried. If you have a good Fireteam that did VoG before you should be good. Tonight (when I'm done working) it'll be the 186th time I do the VoG..

Waldini

Nah the worst is knowing how it's done and having tons of experience but none of your raid/friends play it any more :'(

O yes.

I played Crota last night with 4 randoms.

One guy actually said;
"Hey! Don't go there man ... you must clean up the adds before you kill Ir'Yut! Listen to me, this my fifth Crota run!"

Me : "... 5th Challenge Mode run?

Him : "No! My 5th run of this Raid"

Me : "O. That's cool man. This is, like ... my 140th run"

Two and a half years ago....

C8jsgEpVYAASQrK.jpg:large

jOancWv.jpg

Can't wait to watch some of the more well known raiding groups try and figure the new challenges out while I'm at work all damn day. 😎

Waldini

Templar Challenge is to not let the Templar Teleport.

Atheon will probaly be a shift in the person who carries the relic. That's gonna be fun!

Atheon Challenge is for each Guardian to kill 1 Oracle. No more.

Card Boy

Banned
So i was given a code for Destiny: The Collection (Includes Expansion Pack 1+2, Taken King, Rise of Iron) from a contact. I know i need the base game for it. Whats the best way of getting the base game? Does the downloadable Trial give me the base game or do i need to buy the original disc?

(Xbox One here)

So i was given a code for Destiny: The Collection (Includes Expansion Pack 1+2, Taken King, Rise of Iron) from a contact. I know i need the base game for it. Whats the best way of getting the base game? Does the downloadable Trial give me the base game or do i need to buy the original disc?

(Xbox One here)
The Collection includes the base game.

Card Boy

Banned
The Collection includes the base game.

The code i got doesn't include the base game. It's from a retail box from The Collection and says i need the base game installed. I'm just wondering if the Trial version can be used or if i actually have to go and buy the base game.

The code i got doesn't include the base game. It's from a retail box from The Collection and says i need the base game installed. I'm just wondering if the Trial version can be used or if i actually have to go and buy the base game.

sounds like you have a code for the The Collection Upgrade. You'll need to get a copy of the base game somehow. maybe buy it second hand on ebay or your local video game store?

here is amazon's listings

Sleeper Simulant melts Atheon as easily as it melts everything else.

Ahhh my bad.

do raids need to be done in order to progress the story or are they strictly end game content? i know i need to do strikes to progress the story.
Raids are endgame content. They do tie into the narrative, but they're the end points and the final boss(es) for their respective content drops.

That being said, you aren't gated to needing to finish VoG before doing the stuff that came in Dark Below, etc.

Deku Tree

I want both the exotic vision, and the regular vision. When you raid there is no reason to waste an exotic slot on elemental damage.

Waldini

But teleports are still random?

The three that get teleported take care of the first 3.
The gate needs to be openend by the rest (depening on the Venus or Mars side).

The other three enter (one by one) and take out their respective Oracle and leave.

Rinse and repeat.

Anyway, I've seen multiple streams now and ... well, the weapons drop alot but no Armor Pieces?

The three that get teleported take care of the first 3.
The gate needs to be openend by the rest (depening on the Venus or Mars side).

The other three enter (one by one) and take out their respective Oracle and leave.

Rinse and repeat.

Anyway, I've seen multiple streams now and ... well, the weapons drop alot but no Armor Pieces?
Only the helmet can drop from Atheon I believe. It's rare.

Raids are endgame content. They do tie into the narrative, but they're the end points and the final boss(es) for their respective content drops.

That being said, you aren't gated to needing to finish VoG before doing the stuff that came in Dark Below, etc.

good to know i can just skip them then.

Carn82

I want both the exotic vision, and the regular vision. When you raid there is no reason to waste an exotic slot on elemental damage.

but I believe the new legendary raid weapons won't have elemental damage. But a regular Vision is still pretty awesome.

-edit: didnt read your post correctly, so never mind, hehe.

glaurung

It's not just the Helmet.

Armor Pieces are rare as shit. I've done Crota 3 times (Challenge Mode on all 3 chars) and only got the butt-towl for my Titan.
The armor is rare-ish, but not totally absent from the loot pools. I have gotten in general 2 armor pieces per character from the new Crota. The shrieker tunnel timed chest often gives a class item.

One of my raid pals got a Crota ghost though. That thing looks beautiful, like a dark green crystal shell.

The armor is rare-ish, but not totally absent from the loot pools. I have gotten in general 2 armor pieces per character from the new Crota. The shrieker tunnel timed chest often gives a class item.

One of my raid pals got a Crota ghost though. That thing looks beautiful, like a dark green crystal shell.
Got the Titan helmet (ew) and the ghost on my 3rd run on Crota. The ghost is beautiful.

Is anyone else like me and not really fussed about loot because of destiny 2? I just want to fill the book.. but that trials of osiris one is really putting me off because I'm only above average tier player in there :(

And even then I'm suffering because my left ear drum exploded last week and the pain and discomfort mixed with the loud tinitus like noise is really distracting :'(

glaurung

I think the revamped Raids drop Armor with fixed/set rolls.
No. Regular legendary roll RNG method applies. All new raid armor comes with a fixed raid perk (increased damage during Oversoul, faster reload during Oversoul etc.), but the rest of the perks are pulled from the general pool. INT/DIS/STR stats are also randomized, as are stat values.

bosseye

I'm a little confused (standard for me).

Jumped back in with The Collection - is all my Year 1 stuff completely redundant now, or is there some way to buff it up to Year 3 levels? I want to use all my cool Year 1 guns, the Vex Mythoclast, Fatebringer etc and wear all my sexy armour...but obviously everything is a bit underpowered now.

Currently working through the Taken King content before jumping into the Rise of Iron stuff, is that the best way? Obviously most of the strikes/Nightfall etc are locked off until I get better gear, but Taken King stuff isn't giving anything of real worth that I can see. I'm at 270 Light give or take so well off the pace.

Top Bottom