• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Anyone interested in running Crota now or in the next few minutes?

I want to see if I get a chance to get Titan greaves and also complete deathsinger challenge in less than 2 minutes.

XAL

You're breaking my heart. I recommend you try the Recruitment forums on bungie.net. It is very likely you get blueberries and morons like that, but every now and then, a true LFG team rears its head. They will fight to get the loot, they will wipe, but they will get the job done. Just don't be afraid to tell them that you need guidance.

If I can't assemble a group here I'll give it a go.

Full Crota 390 run, want to do both challenge modes before reset. Would love a Sherpa or two since I haven't Crota'd since yr 2 book. I am competent and can follow instructions.

PS4, start time ~730-8PM pacific standard time

1. PSN: OHGODTHEBEES, LL400, Hunter

Anyone interested in running Crota now or in the next few minutes?

I want to see if I get a chance to get Titan greaves and also complete deathsinger challenge in less than 2 minutes.

I'd be up for Crota.

Or if there isn't any interest in a quick raid, a last minute Nightfall.

PS4 I assume?

rataven

The excitement for VoG is palpable among my returning raid buddies. That raid is such a treasure trove. Shattered Vault Cloak and Fatebringer here I come.

You're breaking my heart. I recommend you try the Recruitment forums on bungie.net. It is very likely you get blueberries and morons like that, but every now and then, a true LFG team rears its head. They will fight to get the loot, they will wipe, but they will get the job done. Just don't be afraid to tell them that you need guidance.

LFG on bungie.net is terrible.

I recommend the.100 for decent players who don't abandon or kick after 1 wipe.

https://www.the100.io/

Dude where do I earn Age of Triumph armor?

Im confused.

3 AoT boxes every week from doing weekly heroic strike, weekly story and weekly crucible.

The loot pool in those boxes is so bad that you could have a 100 of them and still not get a piece of armor.

zewone

Dude where do I earn Age of Triumph armor?

Im confused.

3 AoT boxes every week from doing weekly heroic strike, weekly story and weekly crucible.

The loot pool in those boxes is so bad that you could have a 100 of them and still not get a piece of armor.

Can't you also get the armor from Zavalla weeklies?

I feel like I have received pieces from completing those as well.

I see, I spent $10 on eververse trying to get Suros ornament, and I didn't get one piece of armor then.

I didn't get an AoT Mystery Box for doing a Weekly Story mission or from the Weekly Crucible playlist. I did get one from the Heroic Strike playlist.

Man I would love to do ONE 390 Crota run to get both challenge modes and finish the necro quest....but the only raid groups I have on my list just blow their 3x run on reset and don't want to raid extra after that.

I'm tempted to use one of those raid for pay deals, trying to find a competent group to take the lead is really frustrating.

I really hope there is some kind of matchmaking or in-game sherpa system for D2. Finding people to raid with is the most disheartening thing about this game.

I have 3 400LL characters with good gear and weapons and LFG requirements still kind of demanding.

If you have 3x 400LL, relevant weapons, and don't suck at the game, then I'm not sure why you are having a hard time finding a group on LFG. I use LFG more than GAF and I've hardly ever run into problems.

Generally I'll post myself with a line like 'Know CM, have all weapons, looking for solid run with few wipes'. Then I'll look at other people posts. I don't get too picky but try to avoid listings that sound like a bad experience. Then I just message them and say '400 titan/warlock/hunter'.

I'm also hoping for ingame LFG system for D2 though.

McArkus

Full Crota 390 run, want to do both challenge modes before reset. Would love a Sherpa or two since I haven't Crota'd since yr 2 book. I am competent and can follow instructions.

Hey, I can join to the raid tonight and finish the necrochasm quest, will bring my hunter, psn: McArkus

XAL

I see, I spent $10 on eververse trying to get Suros ornament, and I didn't get one piece of armor then.
I wouldn't bother trying to get the new armor, the drop rates are fucking GARBAGE.

Had $100 worth of silver. Spent all the silver.
Received 1 hunter helm (yeah, THAT'S IT)
All new ornaments except for Vex and Suros #2

-----

2. McArkus, Hunter

Hey, I can join to the raid tonight and finish the necrochasm quest, will bring my hunter, psn: McArkus

Yeah man. If you have anyone who wants to do it/help, just add them to the list.

thabiz

Yeah i still don't get the lfg complaints. I've used those sites a ton and get the exact same experience I get with playing with people in here. I've never run into any of the horror stories that I see get posted. Sometimes I wonder if it's the person, not lfg.

Would love this also :D

I think you mean Sniper meta was terrible.

Ever since TTK snipers have been bullshit.

Good riddance to special ammo.

The Aim Assist levels on Snipers have been excessive since Y1. It's still a better gun fight than Blink-Shotgun-Melee, Slide-Shotgun-Melee, etc...

In the sniper meta you learn the shooting lanes pretty quickly and either take the quickdraw battle or choose a different route to flank.

In the shotgun meta, due to health bars, you can't kill a charging opponent faster than they can jump/blink/slide into 1 or 2 shot range of you with the shotgun if they're anywhere from close to medium range of you.

Dynomutt

Any tips/tricks to increase light level?

Currently at level 40 and about to do the Dreadnought (This is where I get the sword right?) mission for the first time. I have been messing around with the infusion system and currently sit at light lvl 213.

Specifically should I continue through the story mode for TK and ROI?

Any tips when infusing or should I wait until I have higher level gear?

Should I do strike playlists continually?

Any benefits to doing old raids at this lvl and light lvl?

Last but not least, I have quest which seem to be new from the TK and afterwards but are old missions. Should I just complete these? I have done some like the Warlock level up with Ikora by just returning to orbit and back.

Thanks in advance.

Currently at level 40 and about to do the Dreadnought (This is where I get the sword right?) mission for the first time. I have been messing around with the infusion system and currently sit at light lvl 213.

Last but not least, I have quest which seem to be new from the TK and afterwards but are old missions. Should I just complete these? I have done some like the Warlock level up with Ikora by just returning to orbit and back.

Thanks in advance.

I'd say do the quest lines as long as they're entertaining and for completions sake. A lot of them will award you gear that will upgrade your LL anyways. I wouldn't worry too much about infusion until you surpass 310 LL. You can do strikes and crucible for LL gains, and if I'm not mistaken, faction rep packages should offer you huge upgrades (Vanguard for strikes, Dead Orbit/New Monarchy/Future War Cult and Crucible for PvP).

No real benefit from Raids at your level and you'll probably have trouble finding groups for them since they're all being revamped so people will be running the new LL390 versions.

Always have your highest light level gear equipped when decrypting engrams (and if possible, when receiving post-game carnage report rewards).

Use legendary marks to buy armour/ghosts/weapons from tower vendors at 380 light.

Use strange coins to buy stuff from Xûr at 350 or whatever it is.

IIRC, you need to be ~290 before you can do King's Fall normal mode. This will drop rewards up to 320.

Court of Oryx is probably the easiest way to get loot to advance you from the low 200s.

Wouldn't bother infusing too often— hang onto legendaries and exotics you like and infuse them periodically if you want to use them, but otherwise they can wait until you're up at current light level. Dismantle legendaries you don't like and don't want to use for infusion fodder to get marks— marks to buy gear @ 380.

Looking for some help.

Recently, I've been encountering "Unable to join target player" errors while trying to join people. Once they start, they generally don't go away. It won't let me join others, but they can join me. I did a search and it appears to be an issue with people on the same network, but I'm getting this error connecting to people in different states.

I'm kind of lost on where I should look next since I haven't found anyone talking about the issue outside of people living in the same house.

Looking for some help.

Recently, I've been encountering "Unable to join target player" errors while trying to join people. Once they start, they generally don't go away. It won't let me join others, but they can join me. I did a search and it appears to be an issue with people on the same network, but I'm getting this error connecting to people in different states.

I'm kind of lost on where I should look next since I haven't found anyone talking about the issue outside of people living in the same house.

If it's Destiny specific, then your best best is to look for Bungie tech support.

dh4niel

I'm almost on 323 Light after playing over the weekend. I'm still not confident about joining a Raid though. Not on the part my skill but having another 5 people communicating and working together. I very rarely have a decent team in Crucible objective matches.

I've played with a couple of guys from GAF who have been tremendously helpful but they aren't always around unfortunately.

Arrrammis

Huh, it turns out that there's a bit of a bug with the Deathsinger/Crota Challenge. If the same person who killed the deathsinger with the sword picks up the sword during Crota without wiping in between, the game registers that the person picked up the sword twice, and thus the challenge is failed. Really sucks for any group that would manage to beat Crota on their first try after the deathsinger challenge.

WeTeHa

Huh, it turns out that there's a bit of a bug with the Deathsinger/Crota Challenge. If the same person who killed the deathsinger with the sword picks up the sword during Crota without wiping in between, the game registers that the person picked up the sword twice, and thus the challenge is failed. Really sucks for any group that would manage to beat Crota on their first try after the deathsinger challenge.

But it does tell you tge challenged is failed, right?

Thanks in advance.

Spam SIVA Crisis Strike and later SIVA Crisis Heroic Strike playlist, they can take you all the way up to LL390. Don't forget to do the weekly story playlist for the legendary marks, and buy whatever gear you need from the vendors (spend them on weapons is the best choice, followed by Ghosts). In between strikes don't forget to check your faction reputation, leveling up one gives you a package that contains gear up to LL400.

Spam SIVA Crisis Strike and later SIVA Crisis Heroic Strike playlist, they can take you all the way up to LL390. Don't forget to do the weekly story playlist for the legendary marks, and buy whatever gear you need from the vendors (spend them on weapons is the best choice, followed by Ghosts).

You're not doing any of those things @ LL213.

dubq

Is anyone interested in help me run the King's Fall Raid this evening? I am a PS4 350 light Hunter, eastern standard time zone, and just got back into the game. I know I don't have to run this raid and that I can get better gear from other activities but I'd really like to experience it before I try the Wrath of the Machine Raid.

Dynomutt

I'd say do the quest lines as long as they're entertaining and for completions sake. A lot of them will award you gear that will upgrade your LL anyways. I wouldn't worry too much about infusion until you surpass 310 LL. You can do strikes and crucible for LL gains, and if I'm not mistaken, faction rep packages should offer you huge upgrades (Vanguard for strikes, Dead Orbit/New Monarchy/Future War Cult and Crucible for PvP).

No real benefit from Raids at your level and you'll probably have trouble finding groups for them since they're all being revamped so people will be running the new LL390 versions.

Always have your highest light level gear equipped when decrypting engrams (and if possible, when receiving post-game carnage report rewards).

Use legendary marks to buy armour/ghosts/weapons from tower vendors at 380 light.

Use strange coins to buy stuff from Xûr at 350 or whatever it is.

IIRC, you need to be ~290 before you can do King's Fall normal mode. This will drop rewards up to 320.

Court of Oryx is probably the easiest way to get loot to advance you from the low 200s.

Wouldn't bother infusing too often— hang onto legendaries and exotics you like and infuse them periodically if you want to use them, but otherwise they can wait until you're up at current light level. Dismantle legendaries you don't like and don't want to use for infusion fodder to get marks— marks to buy gear @ 380.

Spam SIVA Crisis Strike and later SIVA Crisis Heroic Strike playlist, they can take you all the way up to LL390. Don't forget to do the weekly story playlist for the legendary marks, and buy whatever gear you need from the vendors (spend them on weapons is the best choice, followed by Ghosts). In between strikes don't forget to check your faction reputation, leveling up one gives you a package that contains gear up to LL400.

Thank you all again! Kinda refreshing coming back to this game! Feels full of content. I know they changed the voice of the ghost but were there any graphical changes? I know there isn't a pro patch but it looks cleaner/sharper and certain icons/emblems look brighter, more vibrant or different.

Gunplay is till fun! Must say what is odd is the pulse rifles shoot like I would expect a scout rifle to shoot and vice versa. Using pulse rifles more than I expected.

Top Bottom