• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

glaurung

I'm a little confused (standard for me).

Jumped back in with The Collection - is all my Year 1 stuff completely redundant now, or is there some way to buff it up to Year 3 levels? I want to use all my cool Year 1 guns, the Vex Mythoclast, Fatebringer etc and wear all my sexy armour...but obviously everything is a bit underpowered now.

Currently working through the Taken King content before jumping into the Rise of Iron stuff, is that the best way? Obviously most of the strikes/Nightfall etc are locked off until I get better gear, but Taken King stuff isn't giving anything of real worth that I can see. I'm at 270 Light give or take so well off the pace.
Your Y1 gear is pretty much useless now. To get the new versions of those items, you need to earn them again through raiding/quests.

Start running strikes as soon as you can. Equip all new blues you get. Do not start infusing gear before you hit ~385-390.

C8kTDCEUAAAIF5z.jpg:large

Is the Vex still just a drop or did they roll it into a quest like the Necro?

CLBridges

I just don't have it in me to grind again for all the shit I already had. Thought I'd be hyped to rerun the raids but nah. Glad to see others enjoying it, I'm gonna patiently wait for D2.

bosseye

Your Y1 gear is pretty much useless now. To get the new versions of those items, you need to earn them again through raiding/quests.

Start running strikes as soon as you can. Equip all new blues you get. Do not start infusing gear before you hit ~385-390.

Ok, thanks. Thats a shame, not sure I'll have the inclination to go raiding for everything I've already got, but we'll see. Maybe the new loot will be just as iconic for me.

Only strikes I can access are the Vanguard Lvl 20 ones at the moment.

Ok, thanks. Thats a shame, not sure I'll have the inclination to go raiding for everything I've already got, but we'll see. Maybe the new loot will be just as iconic for me.

You can buy the year 2 versions of stuff you own for 150 marks which are piss to farm.

glaurung

Once you hit lv40, more stuff will open up. Enjoy the TTK storyline and Rise of Iron after that.

bosseye

Once you hit lv40, more stuff will open up. Enjoy the TTK storyline and Rise of Iron after that.

I'm Level 40 already (The Collection comes with the level boost). I guess my light level is far too low to do anything other than TTK and RoI story missions and bog standard Vanguard Strikes for now; everything else is locked out demanding I have better gear.

Have to say, going from full on legendary raid sets and exotic weapons to having to use a dull as fuck blue level autorifle was a sad moment. Having to swap my glorious armour out for whatever rubbish I'm getting out of blue engrams just to keep my light level around 270 made me saaaaad. Thats what happens when you step away for almost 2 years I guess, it all gets away from you.

But ha! Its still nice to be back. Gradually pulling my old fireteam back together.

Last night I LFG'ed for my third Raid of the week and I was pretty scared that the challenges wouldn't get completed because there were issues... in the abyss... and the bridge... and no one wanted to be swordbearer.

I was the last one alive against the Orges in the Abyss. I was 1 of 2 people alive for the GateKeepers on the other side of the bridge. And I stepped up to be the sword bearer before. Obviously, it wasn't a good start. People were getting upset yet wouldn't take my place.

Fun Fact : Being a warlock while doing the sword stuff sucks. Gotta love the warlock jump.

Finally we were able to get it done and I got my last exotic for the Challenges.

Bring on VoG and I hope my Raid group is more available this week.

rataven

Finally reached max light level last night. The grind for a special weapon over 399 was real.

Also, if anyone wants to hammer out a NF, my fireteam is open. PSN: rataven

I have not run VoG before, but would be down for a run.

The first time I ran it, is something I will never forget. It was like a journey to the unknown for all of us.

We were scared yet quietly confident. Once inside, I was smiling I had never done anything like this before. I had butterflies in my stomach. The thought of the 6 of us dropping down into the abyss not knowing what awaited us was such a crazy feeling.

The very first time I tried this raid, it took us I think close to 6 hours. It was release weekend, so it was kind of still unknown as to how all the mechanics worked. I would stop and stare out across the map, it was beautiful.

I hope you enjoy it, stop and look at things. Its unlike anything you have ever experienced.

Top Bottom