• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Many Oceanic Guardians here? I've just jumped back in after a long hiatus (left just after Dark Below dropped), now playing through all the DLC, gonna have 2 x L40 chars in a day or so and a L25 Hunter, Destiny now is SO much better than vanilla when I left....it's crazy.

It's what I wanted/hoped Destiny would be all the way back then in Sept 2014 lol.

PSN: djakademik - Used to run with DestinyGAF ANZ with the crew back when.

I hope D2 has an emote wheel. I really had no reason to care about emotes with only one equipped at a time. Really the dpad could take care of it all. Including a consumable use wheel too.

I just don't have it in me to grind again for all the shit I already had. Thought I'd be hyped to rerun the raids but nah. Glad to see others enjoying it, I'm gonna patiently wait for D2.
This is how I'm feeling. I'll live vicariously through posts here and watching streams but have no real desire to play.

Fatebringer and Vision of Confluence aren't the weapons they once were, anyways.

I got May 18th in my viewfinder.

Hey all! I just bought this game last weekend mainly to play through the story, I'm around level 20 now. Just wanted to as a quick question, are there enemies that are weak or strong against a specific damage type? I.e. should I try to avoid all my weapons having the same damage type.

Just stopping in to note that I've made it in the top 2% of the Destiny population on grimoire score and I've still got some easy gains to go. Feeling good about it.

Strider

I just don't have it in me to grind again for all the shit I already had. Thought I'd be hyped to rerun the raids but nah. Glad to see others enjoying it, I'm gonna patiently wait for D2.

I've been debating downloading the game again just to run VoG one or two more times lol

But yea same boat mostly... I'm excited for Destiny 2 but don't really wanna play D1 anymore. I've been in passive lurk mode for a bit now.

Hey all! I just bought this game last weekend mainly to play through the story, I'm around level 20 now. Just wanted to as a quick question, are there enemies that are weak or strong against a specific damage type? I.e. should I try to avoid all my weapons having the same damage type.

Enemies shield color is what elemental they are weak to. Orange is solar, white is ark, purple is void.

CLBridges

The color of enemy shields indicate what element they are weak to. Purple for void, blue\white is arc and orange is solar. Just keep a variety of each on you and you'll be good.

To me the most ironic thing is that the final reward for completlng your Year of Triumph book (well, getting to 60% or so) is a chance to order a t-shirt. Like... wait... what? That just seems so bizarre to me, like some weird dystopian corporate cult thing.

I did run a Crota last night via LFG and it was fun, but yeah zero excitement at the drops - before at least you could say, "well cool now this new elemental primary will help me clear nightfalls faster!" but there really isn't any point to any weapons or drops now, you don't "need" anything new to clear anything better/faster, it just is stuff to put into your vault and eventually seal up when D2 is released.

Its still kinda fun doing random stuff, like last night I FINALLY got my missing siva cluster and that was nice, it took like 2 hours of jumping (and falling to my death) like a moron but I wasn't gonna give up, as I had done early in RoI. I'll be hunting private PVP map ghosts and some other stuff, but yeah clearing raids isn't that interesting or fun for me right now.

This is how I'm feeling. I'll live vicariously through posts here and watching streams but have no real desire to play.

Fatebringer and Vision of Confluence aren't the weapons they once were, anyways.

I got May 18th in my viewfinder.

Yeah, up until this morning I was pretty hyped to do VoG again but after running through the Nightfalls and a couple other activities I'm struggling to find the desire. While having those weapons again sounds enticing enough, I then ask myself what purpose do they serve from here on out?

Forget May (the gameplay reveal will make the wait that much worse), September can't get here soon enough for new content regarding Destiny.

It only comes into play when 'burns' are on. A lot of the higher endgame stuff has these. Arc burn, for example gives an Arc (blue element) weapon a damage buff. Arc also takes out Blue shields faster than Purple or Orange. Its a shallow mechanic but its nice to have a primary with elemental damage for the Night Fall, which has burns on most of the time.

Just stopping in to note that I've made it in the top 2% of the Destiny population on grimoire score and I've still got some easy gains to go. Feeling good about it.

Whats your score?

Enemies shield color is what elemental they are weak to. Orange is solar, white is ark, purple is void.

The color of enemy shields indicate what element they are weak to. Purple for void, blue\white is arc and orange is solar. Just keep a variety of each on you and you'll be good.

It only comes into play when 'burns' are on. A lot of the higher endgame stuff has these. Arc burn, for example gives an Arc (blue element) weapon a damage buff. Arc also takes out Blue shields faster than Purple or Orange. Its a shallow mechanic but its nice to have a primary with elemental damage for the Night Fall, which has burns on most of the time.

Thanks all! That's kind of a smart way to indicate the weakness.

Whats your score?

5440, I think.

Anyone care to share some helpful tips for the challenges this week? Hoping to hop on and do the raid tonight before starting Persona 5.

DeviantBoi

I don't think I've ever said this before... I wanna get home and play some Rift.

Gotta take advantage of that glitch before they patch it.

Atheon Challenge sounds insane

It doesn't seem that bad, the biggest issue I had with the group I was with was they didn't feel the need to call out who was going to shoot the Oracle whether it be the first group or second group in thus you had multiple players shooting the same one and with the nature of it all, of course, they started pointing fingers. With my suggestion of callouts being shot down with a "we can't really do that" that was enough for me for the time being.

This whole rehashed Raid thing with the same old rewards and the entirety of the AoT update really wasn't that exciting to begin with and any luster it did have is quickly flaming out.

Lima

Atheism challenge is how the encounter should have been from the start. Need constant communication and coordination. Can't have people potato their way through.

Top Bottom