• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Permanently A

Hey friends. I'm looking for a new game to get into and I've got the general impression that Destiny is addicting. I'm wondering a couple things, first, can I just hop in to Destiny 2? Second, if I play on PC can I partner with my friends on PS4? Third, what is Destiny actually like? How many hours a week of playtime would you say is necessary? Do I have to play daily for bonuses and stuff or can I play it more casually? I'm looking to get invested, but not second job invested. Also, what video would you show someone to convince them to play Destiny 2? Cause that's what I'm gonna have to do with my friends, lol. Thanks.

Mindlog

I'm wondering a couple things, first, can I just hop in to Destiny 2?
Yes.
Second, if I play on PC can I partner with my friends on PS4?
No.
Third, what is Destiny actually like?
It's fun. There's some loot. There's some missions. PvP has a real love hate factor. Raids are amazing especially Day 1.
How many hours a week of playtime would you say is necessary?
Almost as everything you'll be fine with playing at your own pace. One notable exception off the top of my head is Day 2 raiding. You'll probably want to grind the hell out of some encounters to increase your light level and give your group a better chance of reaching the end.
Do I have to play daily for bonuses and stuff or can I play it more casually?
There are small daily bonuses, but most of the major bonuses are weekly affairs. At least with Destiny 1. Destiny 2 looks to increase the number of daily bonuses, but it doesn't sound like a requirement.

As for videos. Lots of yelling and strong language on this one, but look for Day 1 Raid videos.
Spoilers: This is after a few hours of trying (turn down your volume for victory cheers) Final Boss Defeated

Ramirez

Anyone help with this one?

Played Destiny on ps4 up to Crota and had to take a break. Only just got back to the game recently with the complete collection. No problems until this morning when I started getting a message without a code:

Attention
You have lost connection to the Destiny servers.
Your permissions to access online multiplayer
gameplay may have change or your profile
may have been signed in elsewhere.
For more information, visit help.bungie.net

I found a tweet suggesting I restore licenses, did that earlier and got in straight away, thought it was fixed. But come back to sign in again and getting the same message. Restoring licenses once more hasn't helped.

Any clues?

EDIT: I should add, it gets me to the menu each time, but when I choose my character, then I get the message.

If you have two controllers on or plugged in, unplug one.

I don't know if it's the same problem, but my kid could never get the character screen to load, it would just hang forever, his old controller being plugged in still was the problem.

We downloaded the whole game again and everything prior to that, lol.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know if I can order Destiny 2 from Amazon UK and get a beta code? I have already bought the game from CDKeys so I'd cancel it after getting the code. I wasn't going to play the beta but the hype train got me.

darknil

How do you think Bungie will handle the beginning of Destiny 2?

I mean, Ghaul takes the length of the Homecoming mission to capture the Traveler and strip the light from Guardians, but, how are we going to play that mission? I know that mission will likely change in the final product here and there.

What if the TTK classes are present and we will have them for that mission, then we need to re-earn them after the story? I know that is a very optimistic scenario, but if they want to handle it in a logical way, they would need to think how to accomodate for that beginning for old and new players, no?

Here's hoping there's something cool on that beginning.

Trakan

How do you think Bungie will handle the beginning of Destiny 2?

I mean, Ghaul takes the length of the Homecoming mission to capture the Traveler and strip the light from Guardians, but, how are we going to play that mission? I know that mission will likely change in the final product here and there.

What if the TTK classes are present and we will have them for that mission, then we need to re-earn them after the story? I know that is a very optimistic scenario, but if they want to handle it in a logical way, they would need to think how to accomodate for that beginning for old and new players, no?

Here's hoping there's something cool on that beginning.

Bungie released photos of D2 "parade armor" in one of the last few weekly updates. I saw a theory on reddit that there will be some sort of celebration and the Cabal come and crash the party. It would also explain why we have no weapons or our armor.

Mindlog

OK, I can't take it anymore. If I have to listen to Despacito one more fucking time I am going to lose my shit. I will be leaving this planet and unable to use my Destiny 2 beta code.

So here's a contest for the code. Quote to read all the rules. Draw the spirit of joy having an existential crisis in a Cinnabon that's one of the last remaining businesses in a dilapidated coal town.

Back at the end of the month. Do the right thing Bungie and re-open the beta for the last weekend of July.

Permanently A

Yes.

No.

It's fun. There's some loot. There's some missions. PvP has a real love hate factor. Raids are amazing especially Day 1.

Almost as everything you'll be fine with playing at your own pace. One notable exception off the top of my head is Day 2 raiding. You'll probably want to grind the hell out of some encounters to increase your light level and give your group a better chance of reaching the end.

There are small daily bonuses, but most of the major bonuses are weekly affairs. At least with Destiny 1. Destiny 2 looks to increase the number of daily bonuses, but it doesn't sound like a requirement.

As for videos. Lots of yelling and strong language on this one, but look for Day 1 Raid videos.
Spoilers: This is after a few hours of trying (turn down your volume for victory cheers) Final Boss Defeated

Thanks. Is this game fun/playable solo? Like can you LFG for raids?

OK, I can't take it anymore. If I have to listen to Despacito one more fucking time I am going to lose my shit. I will be leaving this planet and unable to use my Destiny 2 beta code.

So here's a contest for the code. Quote to read all the rules. Draw the spirit of joy having an existential crisis in a Cinnabon that's one of the last remaining businesses in a dilapidated coal town.

Back at the end of the month. Do the right thing Bungie and re-open the beta for the last weekend of July.

Thanks, I got the code. Perfect way for me to try out the game and see if its for me. Thanks again!

Mengetsu

Instagram ad going around is showing we will play the first 2 story missions apparently.

WpmTIa7.jpg

broony

Does anyone know if I can order Destiny 2 from Amazon UK and get a beta code? I have already bought the game from CDKeys so I'd cancel it after getting the code. I wasn't going to play the beta but the hype train got me.

Amazon UK let you preorder without taking money. So just preorder then cancel when you have the code. However, that's what I've done and they haven't sent any codes out yet.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Amazon UK let you preorder without taking money. So just preorder then cancel when you have the code. However, that's what I've done and they haven't sent any codes out yet.

I just did it too, I guess they'll send out the codes closer to the beta date.

JTripper

Do the artifacts refresh/rotate every week? I need two more and for the past three weeks it seems like the same artifacts have been in inventory. Didn't keep track of the names either.

Has anyone (game journalist, preview player, etc) asked Bungie whether or not the other classes/subclasses will offer multiple super abilities at the same time as the Sentinel Titan will? I'm a bit surprised this isn't getting more discussion as it represents a huge change and seemingly an imbalance if the other classes don't get the same treatment. I mean, otherwise it would seem they are funneling everyone towards favoring playing as a Titan which would go against all the balance improvements they were seemingly designing and striving towards with the next iteration of Destiny.

Hunter for life...

Titan in my second life...

ultrazilla

10 AM pacific

1 PM eastern

So Bungie is not going to send out emails for a proper download link? I have 2 pre-orders and the seperate beta codes locked into the corresponding Bungie accounts for them.

Do I simply pre-load the beta from the link and it'll unlock for those of us who tied it into our accounts on PS4?

Lee

Has anyone (game journalist, preview player, etc) asked Bungie whether or not the other classes/subclasses will offer multiple super abilities at the same time as the Sentinel Titan will? I'm a bit surprised this isn't getting more discussion as it represents a huge change and seemingly an imbalance if the other classes don't get the same treatment. I mean, otherwise it would seem they are funneling everyone towards favoring playing as a Titan which would go against all the balance improvements they were seemingly designing and striving towards with the next iteration of Destiny.

Hunter for life...

Titan in my second life...

No comments on it yet. It's definitely imbalanced, but I can't wait to play Sentinel.

You can keep an eye on a few of the devs social media activity here: https://destinydevtracker.com/

So Bungie is not going to send out emails for a proper download link? I have 2 pre-orders and the seperate beta codes locked into the corresponding Bungie accounts for them.

Do I simply pre-load the beta from the link and it'll unlock for those of us who tied it into our accounts on PS4?

If you preordered from Playstation you can just start downloading the beta client today. It's automatic.

If you entered a beta code on Bungie.net, you'll have to wait until the code generation goes live. That will be under the codes tab of your profile on Bungie.net. You'll pick a platform and get a code to download the client. They aren't going to announce when that goes live (see comment here) but I assume it'll be all over Twitter/here/wherever once it's live.

So I linked my Blizzard account yesterday and was excited about it. Then I read this reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...ing_your_blizzard_account_on/?sort=confidence .

Then I tried to log in and freaked out because it wouldn't let me under my PSN Account.... Then I realized it was maintenance today... Damn near gave me a heart attack as the only thing I need for the rewards is the 5000 G.Score and I was at around 4968.

Edit: Just checked again since maintenance ended. Good to go and downloaded the beta again.

ultrazilla

No comments on it yet. It's definitely imbalanced, but I can't wait to play Sentinel.

You can keep an eye on a few of the devs social media activity here: https://destinydevtracker.com/

If you preordered from Playstation you can just start downloading the beta client today. It's automatic.

If you entered a beta code on Bungie.net, you'll have to wait until the code generation goes live. That will be under the codes tab of your profile on Bungie.net. You'll pick a platform and get a code to download the client. They aren't going to announce when that goes live (see comment here) but I assume it'll be all over Twitter/here/wherever once it's live.

Thank you Lee! :)

Ugggghhhh why tf are they reusing Rise of Iron campaign space for a D2 map?

3rd map revealed is like 90% an area we can already go to. Like right now. I got an Isenfyre token in my vault.

Like, I get going back to the Cosmodrome, but this? We were just here.

(I like so much else of what I'm seeing, but this is a straaaaange decision)

Top Bottom