• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Gragen

So how do Iron Banner post game drops work? Do only the types of armour and weapons available from the vendor drop? Really keen to get the Camelot Casque helm but I haven't see any helms drop.

I think there's a rare chance for other stuff, I had a one of the old IB chest piece drop on my first game this week.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
5yyxaJO.png

Control changes:

-Simplified point system
--one point per kill
---zones controlled equals multiplier
-Zones A and C start auto captured
-1-stage capture instead of 2
-1 man capture speed is same as 6 man
-Match length set for 8 minutes
-Mercy Rule still exists
-Flag is see-through (heh)

X-posting from the gaming side thread:

Kills and assists are now combined into "Defeats" ala. Overwatch's "Eliminations", same goes for streaks, it now counts "Defeats" and not kills only.

Map point of interest callouts now show up under the radar and next to the zone flag.

Strider

Everything I've seen/know about D2 PvP makes me hype as fuck for it... 4v4, control changes, new weapon system, seemingly strong primaries, etc... I've been optimistic from the beginning when they announced the move to 4v4 (i feel like I was in the minority for sure in preferring this change?) but it looks like it's coming together nicely overall.

My biggest concern at this point is map design... Stoked to play it next week.

I honestly welcome the 4v4. I would like an option to play 6v6 but unless you're in a team, 6 randoms is more chaotic (at least in my experience).

Not a fan of the element at the top of the screen (i prefer less elements on my hud). That voidwalker super looked interesting.

Juan

Quite surprised to be honest, it looks actually really good. Love the change 4v4 brings to PvP, it looks way less chaotic and improve team work thanks to subclass abilities like the regen for the Warlock of the barrier for the Titan (but the Hunter looks like a solo player class).

Plus they simplified the way points are handled in Control, couldn't figure how it worked on D1 apart from the multiplier.

The level design looks garbage, hope there will be better maps in the final game.

The HUD looks so busy right now, don't like it...

EDIT: There is something I never understood which already was in Destiny 1:

Is this just a visual artifact/bug or do players have like a second small shield when they use their super?

Quite surprised to be honest, it looks actually really good. Love the change 4v4 brings to PvP, it looks way less chaotic and improve team work thanks to subclass abilities like the regen for the Warlock of the barrier for the Titan (but the Hunter looks like a solo player class).

Plus they simplified the way points are handled in Control, couldn't figure how it worked on D1 apart from the multiplier.

The level design looks garbage, hope there will be better maps in the final game.

The HUD looks so busy right now, don't like it...

EDIT: There is something I never understood which already was in Destiny 1:

Is this just a visual artifact/bug or do players have like a second small shield when they use their super?

The left section is your HP, which actually takes less damage than "shields" which is the right part of the health bar.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Every time they talk about Crucible I just feel disappointed. 4v4 is such a bummer for me. Not a fan of flattening kills/assists into "defeats" either. Destiny isn't a feel good Overwatch everyone's a winner game... or maybe it is now *shrug*.

Mindlog

-Zones A and C start auto captured
Eww, what? Why? No.
On the surface that sounds like it completely stifles opening move strategery and exacerbates the problems on asymmetric maps where one side has a clear advantage.

Just started watching the Warlock vid first and a hot take: The sound is fantastic. Much improved. The AR's thud sounds nice on headphones and blink has much less of a scraping effect.

Every time they talk about Crucible I just feel disappointed. 4v4 is such a bummer for me. Not a fan of flattening kills/assists into "defeats" either. Destiny isn't a feel good Overwatch everyone's a winner game... or maybe it is now *shrug*.
Wat.

Destiny was always a feel-good fuck around shooter when it came to PvP. Nothing wrong with that at all.

I'm sure Trials will still be sweaty

broony

Wat.

Destiny was always a feel-good fuck around shooter when it came to PvP. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Yeah I'm very average / slightly shit at crucible, but I always had fun in there. It's always possible to do something cool during a match.

Frostburn

I'm liking the changes to PVP so far, being able to play with a mouse & keyboard and these new changes make me think I'll be spending a LOT more time in PVP for Destiny 2.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Wat.

Sorry, think you got the wrong thing from my post. I like that aspect of Crucible - I like the supers and strong abilities that result in quick deaths and allow lower skilled players to participate and get kills. I don't like flattening kills/assists into defeats though. That isn't empowering players, it's just changing what you call stuff so you see less disparity between high/low skill on the scoreboard. I'm curious what their scoreboard considers a "kill" when calculating k/d. If it just goes by defeats, that's useless.

Lee

Sorry, think you got the wrong thing from my post. I like that aspect of Crucible - I like the supers and strong abilities that result in quick deaths and allow lower skilled players to participate and get kills. I don't like flattening kills/assists into defeats though. That isn't empowering players, it's just changing what you call stuff so you see less disparity between high/low skill on the scoreboard. I'm curious what their scoreboard considers a "kill" when calculating k/d. If it just goes by defeats, that's useless.

Hopefully that is still tracked and reported through the API. I think in Overwatch you can find out how many 'final blows' you had (but I might be wrong).

hydruxo

I'd argue that flattening it into defeats is more empowering than it was before. Take Overwatch for example. They do the same thing where assists and kills are rolled into eliminations. It makes it feel like you're contributing more rather than just getting assist after assist when you fail to get a kill. Nobody likes just seeing a bunch of assists pop up on the screen. A good player is still going to have far more 'defeats' than one who is less skilled. There shouldn't be much of a disparity.

Trakan

I'd argue that flattening it into defeats is more empowering than it was before. Take Overwatch for example. They do the same thing where assists and kills are rolled into eliminations. It makes it feel like you're contributing more rather than just getting assist after assist when you fail to get a kill. Nobody likes just seeing a bunch of assists pop up on the screen. A good player is still going to have far more 'defeats' than one who is less skilled. There shouldn't be much of a disparity.

Count me as one of those who hates getting a bunch of assists. I like the change. Though I still think BF did it best. After X amount of damage, you get "Assist counts as kill" and it actually gives you a kill.

Juan

Normal for abilities that trigger health regen in Destiny 1. You apparently haven't played voidwalker.

I did, that was actually the only sub-class I used during Year 1, but I always thought it was a visual artifact.

The left section is your HP, which actually takes less damage than "shields" which is the right part of the health bar.

Thanks for the clarification! Still confused the shield is disappearing on the left.

Look again.

I took a second look. Now I can add it looks poor and uninspired. Reminds me of Halo 5' Empire actually. Still hoping for better maps since D2 PvP looks way better!

I wouldn't say Endless Vale or Midtown are "garbage, poor or uninspired" at all. They look like well designed maps, but I would agree that they're very safe, with the latter being more on the generic side. After years of shitty Destiny maps though, I don't mind if the first few maps are conservative.

Thanks for the clarification! Still confused the shield is disappearing on the left.

Think the left portion as Halo's health, and the right is Halo's shield, normally the shield will start regenerating right after health but certain abilities will recharge the shield without starting health regen, thus creating a gap between the two.

Juan

I wouldn't say Endless Vale or Midtown are "garbage, poor or uninspired" at all. They look like well designed maps, but I would agree that they're very safe, with the latter being more on the generic side. After years of shitty Destiny maps though, I don't mind if the first few maps are conservative.

You're right, I may have gone too far with garbage, better to say they are very safe. I've never been a huge fan of Destiny maps except Crossroads maybe, so sure I don't mind if it plays safer this time, I just feel like this is too safe for a map where you have such abilities like Blink, double jumps, Sentinel' Super, etc...

Think the left portion as Halo's health, and the right is Halo's shield, normally the shield will start regenerating right after health but certain abilities will recharge the shield without starting health regen, thus creating a gap between the two.

Great explanation, thanks again. :)

Top Bottom