• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

You're right, I may have gone too far with garbage, better to say they are very safe. I've never been a huge fan of Destiny maps except Crossroads maybe, so sure I don't mind if it plays safer this time, I just feel like this is too safe for a map where you have such abilities like Blink, double jumps, Sentinel' Super, etc...

Great explanation, thanks again. :)

Huh, that's funny. I think most Destiny players would consider Crossroads to be one of the worst maps in the first game. It's gorgeous and creative, but the design is a tremendous clusterfuck, and not in a good way.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Man lol, thought I'd clear out my Vault and ended up deleting some spliced gear with ornaments on. Wish the delete process was slower for upgraded items.

Also has Bungie said anything about the Vault? Hate having to transfer items to a character just to delete, makes it such a pain.

Lee

Huh, that's funny. I think most Destiny players would consider Crossroads to be one of the worst maps in the first game. It's gorgeous and creative, but the design is a tremendous clusterfuck, and not in a good way.

Crossroads is the worst map by far.

I feel like Crossroads was designed specifically for Mayhem Clash, and it works well there. You can't say it's competitive or balanced, but it's a good chaotic map for 6v6 mayhem (which is why I feel it comes up every other game in that playlist or mayhem IB).

EL CUCO

Crossroads not having any doors already makes it one of the best maps in the game.

Dont @ me

portals dont count :p

I have a friend that just wants to try Destiny 2 but isn't sure if she wants to buy it.

Could she preorder on Amazon, get the code, play the beta, then cancel the order? I see no reason why not...

Strider

I have a friend that just wants to try Destiny 2 but isn't sure if she wants to buy it.

Could she preorder on Amazon, get the code, play the beta, then cancel the order? I see no reason why not...

Yes you can do that... I do it for basically any game I'm interested in that has a beta.

But if for whatever reason they are slow delivering the code there's always the open beta to fall back on.

She'll be able to play on Friday without having to pre-order. If she really wants to play on Tuesday, you don't need to wait very long to cancel the order as the Bungie code gets delivered almost instantly. Once you enter the code on the Bungie site, it's just a matter of waiting on them to send out the actual Beta codes.

Basically, she can order and cancel within the same day.

ramyeon

So I've definitely gone a bit Destiny crazy since I picked up the Collection about a month and a half ago. Crazy to think how far my Hunter has come. I've now done all the raids on Normal, only one I haven't completed is King's Fall because some of our Fireteam had power issues when we were trying to beat the daughters. It seems to be one of the less popular raids as well, so it's not as easy to find team mates for it.

Did Vault of Glass start to finish on 390 for the first time last night with a group from the100. I'd previously done the last part of it from the Gatekeeper on 390 and got the Vex Mythoclast from that, but was really keen to get some of the armour.

Group was a great mix of sherpas and beginners and there was a lot of understanding and patience. Much harder than the Normal version of the raid, that's for sure. But I picked up the Prime Zealot gauntlets, chest and most importantly the helmer for my Hunter. The Prime Zealot helm is probably one of the best looking I've seen for the Hunter imo.

Wish it was easier to get the Age of Triumph Ornaments. I had one. I'm not sure how, since I've never done weekly raid challenges.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Has anyone gotten their closed beta codes yet? I ordered the PS4 and Xbox version already but no codes.
If you pre ordered at a retail store, try contacting their support. I had the same issue few months ago when I pre ordered it via game stop so i contacted support and they gave me my beta code for destiny 2 beta.

CLBridges

Is it the 18th yet? While I have been enjoying other games since not playing Destiny anymore, I'm so ready for D2. I'm gonna be rusty going into beta but can't wait for the newness.

I pre ordered it from amazon, and amazon gave me a code to enter on the bungie website.

Has anyone done this yet, and how long did you have to wait to get the code from bungie?

Thanks in advance.

I pre ordered it from amazon, and amazon gave me a code to enter on the bungie website.

Has anyone done this yet, and how long did you have to wait to get the code from bungie?

Thanks in advance.

Bungie emails you when they're ready. They don't send codes early because the codes have to be issued to them from PSN/XBL respectively first.

How big of an hammering is PSN going to take on the day the beta goes live for downloading?

Bets on gamming side meltdowns? Do they even get odds on this one?

It will be glorious. /sarcasm

ramyeon

Putting together a group to do the WotM Weekly Heroic raid with challenges. On a scale of 1-10 how hard is this going to be? Haven't done any Heroic raids yet.

Putting together a group to do the WotM Weekly Heroic raid with challenges. On a scale of 1-10 how hard is this going to be? Haven't done any Heroic raids yet.
Overall, I don't find WoTM that hard (it really is a fun raid), but Aksis challenge can be a paaaain, especially with an inexperienced group. So watch out for that. :/

A really good, comprehensive guide for the whole WoTM raid is here.
Edit: Challenge modes are here.

Makikou

Dunno if this is the correct place to ask but if anyone pre-ordered Destiny 2 for PS4 from amazon.de here, have you received your beta code yet?

Because I haven't (I did get one from another place)

Marvel

could never
Really looking forward to hitting up PVP with DGAF again in D2.

If you pre order from PSN or Live you're already enrolled for the beta. No codes required.
Nice, didn't know this.

Only just started buying digital as my disc drive in my Pro has killed itself.

Spades

Bungie emails you when they're ready. They don't send codes early because the codes have to be issued to them from PSN/XBL respectively first.

Do you think we'll be able to get a PS4 and Xbox One code?

I play on Xbox but was planning on playing the day early on PS4 before switching over to Xbox to play with my clan.

Pastry

Banned
Maybe this is a good place to ask.

I really enjoyed vanilla Destiny all the way though what single player content was available. I beat the raid a couple of times but after that felt like there wasn't much incentive for me to keep playing. It didn't feel like there was any post-game at that point other than repeating the raid and the crucible. I don't think there were things like dailies in the game yet.

Is post-game something that Destiny 2 is looking to have addressed at release? I will there be more than one raid? don't want to pick up the gam and play up until max level and feel like there is nothing to do.

broony

Maybe this is a good place to ask.

I really enjoyed vanilla Destiny all the way though what single player content was available. I beat the raid a couple of times but after that felt like there wasn't much incentive for me to keep playing. It didn't feel like there was any post-game at that point other than repeating the raid and the crucible. I don't think there were things like dailies in the game yet.

Is post-game something that Destiny 2 is looking to have addressed at release? I will there be more than one raid? don't want to pick up the gam and play up until max level and feel like there is nothing to do.

It's a weird one because presently in d1 there is 4 expansions worth of end game content. There are raids, nightfalls, trials, prison of elders challenges and then maybe heroic strikes and missions, and iron banner.

D2 when launched is obviously going to have s smaller pool of content, but I guess the question is what percentage of the game is going to be end game content.

Currently, I think the answer has to be, we don't know yet.

broony

Beta preload starts tomorrow 6pm uk time on PS4.

https://youtu.be/-s1enca13AM

So I think that's
7pm EU
1pm East coast us
10am west coast us.

That's assuming that all psn stores are doing this at the same time.

Edit*. Think there has been a system update this week so make sure you grab that as it may stop the beta installation.

Makikou

Beta preload starts tomorrow 6pm uk time on PS4.

https://youtu.be/-s1enca13AM

So I think that's
7pm EU
1pm East coast us
10am west coast us.

That's assuming that all psn stores are doing this at the same time.

Edit*. Think there has been a system update this week so make sure you grab that as it may stop the beta installation.

Yeah so I'd expect beta dl codes to show up during tomorrow/friday.

Return of the Titan bubble in 2
tGgd1oT

Sentinel will be my first class I do. Just seems like the best all around class that will always be of use.

broony

Return of the Titan bubble in 2
tGgd1oT

Sentinel will be my first class I do. Just seems like the best all around class that will always be of use.

Cabal excavation public event. Expect the ign video next week on exploring a destination will be Nessus and this is footage from it.

Do you think we'll be able to get a PS4 and Xbox One code?

I play on Xbox but was planning on playing the day early on PS4 before switching over to Xbox to play with my clan.

You have to pick your system when you put in the code on Bungie's website. So, no.

If you have two codes to input on Bungie's site, you can pick a different console for each code you input. Then Bungie will send you a code for each console you selected.

panda-zebra

Anyone help with this one?

Played Destiny on ps4 up to Crota and had to take a break. Only just got back to the game recently with the complete collection. No problems until this morning when I started getting a message without a code:

Attention
You have lost connection to the Destiny servers.
Your permissions to access online multiplayer
gameplay may have change or your profile
may have been signed in elsewhere.
For more information, visit help.bungie.net

I found a tweet suggesting I restore licenses, did that earlier and got in straight away, thought it was fixed. But come back to sign in again and getting the same message. Restoring licenses once more hasn't helped.

Any clues?

EDIT: I should add, it gets me to the menu each time, but when I choose my character, then I get the message.

Lee

You have to pick your system when you put in the code on Bungie's website. So, no.

If you have two codes to input on Bungie's site, you can pick a different console for each code you input. Then Bungie will send you a code for each console you selected.

Right. You'll need a separate code for each platform. After you enter the code on Bungie's site you'll see this:

Platform selection and download code generation will be available in mid-July for the Destiny 2 Beta. An email will be sent to your verified email address when beta download codes are available. Need help? Click Here!

PS4 preload starts tomorrow so I expect Bungie will have details in the weekly update and start sending emails pretty soon.

Top Bottom