• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

GutZ31

Does that mean I can use the Nacon for PC games? I've been looking for a new controller I can use for D2 and OverWatch on PC.
To use it on PC, you need to use a Xbox360 or Xbox One controller emulator to force the nacon to be visible.

We're still waiting to find out exactly how D2 on PC is going to handle regions.

At the moment the assumption is that it will be like other battle.net games. You can pick which region to play in but your friend's lists and other features don't cross regions.
If that assumption is correct then it's best for us to have different PC clans for different regions.

To help filter the current PC clan between US and EU i've demoted everyone to Beginner status.

PM me here on Gaf or on Bungie.net with your bungie name to let me know that you are going to play in the "Americas" region and I'll promote you back to a regular member.

I'm not going to kick anyone out in the beta but between beta and release it'd be good to sort this out.

(Still looking for someone to make the EU Clan BTW. PM me if you're keen)
FWIW, the PC dev lead said that clans aren't region restricted on PC

Kurumi

Game is leaking HARD.

Blackout time.

See you on the other side.

DESTINY 2!

HYYYYYYYYYPE!

tenor.gif

Posted for the new (100 posts per page) page.

Thanks to GutZ31 for updating the images to remove the background! 8)

Clan banners for each clan, and a breakdown by system of current registered members. Posted in the order they were posted in the OT.

I've deliberately not included clan size in these cards because I don't wanna discriminate against smaller clans AND I want to believe small clans are viable. Don't prove me wrong, Bungie.

Blue is PS4, Xbox is Green and PC is Red.

Everything is hotlinked and good to go. You may have some difficulty on mobile depending on how your phone handles neogaf's pop-ups.

Here's the the link to the original spreadsheet of all the clans.

Don't forget to join the all-DGAF Discord. Quote the OT for the link.

I'm immediately regretting making this, because it's going to be a pain the ass to keep up to date, but it looks snazzy, right? I should go bug Bungie to add a website feature to autogenerate these cards. Brb.

All of my editing software is at work, so I'll go through and update banners for folks tomorrow. Cheers!

P.S. My Clan is Nightmare People. ;)

How do I add my clan to the list? PS4, PC players welcome to and I have friends who will be getting it on PC. I may double dip, haven't decided yet.Will of Prometheus (WP) primarily focused on PVE content and raiding, people with experience in D1 and newbs to Destiny. But most have raiding experience in other games like WoW.

Hzoltan69

Anybody here still playing Destiny? :)
Getting into the hype for Destiny 2 I just realized that I've never done the flawless raider. Any chance I can get a team together for this? Shouldn't take too long to run a normal
Crota with max level characters. :)

Cornbread78

Anybody here still playing Destiny? :)
Getting into the hype for Destiny 2 I just realized that I've never done the flawless raider. Any chance I can get a team together for this? Shouldn't take too long to run a normal
Crota with max level characters. :)

Would love to try doing this late Sat night! (NA time)

Deku Tree

The only update coming to Destiny 1 at this point is the one in a couple of months that will add the PS exclusives to Xbox and (assumed) the PS exclusives can show up in Nightfall, etc.

What about the rumored Sept. 1 update that includes an in game D1 Arg to get people ready for D2?

Juan

The PS4 download size is suddenly 30 GB?

PlayStation requires double the space for a game to download, then get free the unsolicited space. So yeah, Destiny 2 is only 30 Gb, which is quite surprisingly not so much for a "next gen" game. I think Destiny 1 was like 24/26 GB at launch?

Cornbread78

Quick Clan housekeeping note:

GAF Gold has the below outstanding invites to join to clan from request that we approved.

I'm pretty sure they are staying outstanding because you either had multiple requests out to clans, or you have not left your D1 clan before sending the request to join GAF Gold.

If you name is below, can you please let me know if you still intend to join, or can we clear the invite from our records:

Princekuma23
Raishin_yaya
kevyward
MightKAC
Rockycrusher
DevilsHazard111
Nothus
Emperor-zurg

Thank you and keep the invites coming!

On another note, the new webpage formatting is complete a$$. How does it not let you scroll through a clan listing on the mobile site, the mobile "desktop" site, or even through Explorer or Firefox on PC... Get it together Bungie and make it easier for everyone to use!!!

robo

Rocking my current d1 clan for now as they are coming back for d2, i still have a lot of you on my friends list and im sure will meet in game at some point.

Looking forward to it, still playing d1 until the bitter end.

Got the physical limited edition and standard digital edition on order, nipper wants the d2 box to go with his d1, what can i say lol.

Preload for ps4 this week no?

noomi

Can't wait to finally have proper M+KB controls.

It's going to be a bit strange playing Destiny on a PC after over 1500 hours on PS4.

Frostburn

Yeah controls will take some time to get used to but it will be so nice to have that mouse aiming, I might actually get good at PVP now.

ori0n378e

Anybody up for a "Newbie" Wrath of the Machine Raid this week. I've yet to do it, and it will be on my alt account. Started a new character and she's at 386 light, main account highest is 350 something. Got bored and wanted to go through Destiny again... 😲

Hawkian, you going to do this again for D2?

Cornbread78

Anybody up for a "Newbie" Wrath of the Machine Raid this week. I've yet to do it, and it will be on my alt account. Started a new character and she's at 386 light, main account highest is 350 something. Got bored and wanted to go through Destiny again... 😲

Would love to do it Friday night at 11pm like we did with TKK!!!!!!!

Beltharin greatly appreciated the TKK run a couple weeks ago and would love to give RoI a run this weekend.

Also want to try a flawless run on normal Crota (no jumping sections to kill my poor Warlock)

I wouldn't mind joining, just depends on the time. I'm usually home by 6pm est.

Nothus

Quick Clan housekeeping note:

GAF Gold has the below outstanding invites to join to clan from request that we approved.

I'm pretty sure they are staying outstanding because you either had multiple requests out to clans, or you have not left your D1 clan before sending the request to join GAF Gold.

If you name is below, can you please let me know if you still intend to join, or can we clear the invite from our records:

Princekuma23
Raishin_yaya
kevyward
MightKAC
Rockycrusher
DevilsHazard111
Nothus
Emperor-zurg

Thank you and keep the invites coming!

On another note, the new webpage formatting is complete a$$. How does it not let you scroll through a clan listing on the mobile site, the mobile "desktop" site, or even through Explorer or Firefox on PC... Get it together Bungie and make it easier for everyone to use!!!

Hey I think I've sorted this now.

I'm not one to self-promote, but I just wanted to let people know that I've set the clan to open for a bit. I started the clan as a way for my buddies and I to hang out under the same banner, but I'm opening it up to Gaffers looking to reap the clan rewards. Anyone is free to join, I just ask that you be kind.

Posted for the new (100 posts per page) page.

Thanks to GutZ31 for updating the images to remove the background! 8)

Clan banners for each clan, and a breakdown by system of current registered members. Posted in the order they were posted in the OT.

I've deliberately not included clan size in these cards because I don't wanna discriminate against smaller clans AND I want to believe small clans are viable. Don't prove me wrong, Bungie.

Everything is hotlinked and good to go. You may have some difficulty on mobile depending on how your phone handles neogaf's pop-ups.

Here's the the link to the original spreadsheet of all the clans.

Don’t forget to join the all-DGAF Discord. Quote the OT for the link.

I'm immediately regretting making this, because it's going to be a pain the ass to keep up to date, but it looks snazzy, right? I should go bug Bungie to add a website feature to autogenerate these cards. Brb.

All of my editing software is at work, so I'll go through and update banners for folks tomorrow. Cheers!

P.S. My Clan is Nightmare People. ;)

as a player who likes to roll solo much of the time but occasionally wants to coop, which of these clans would be okay with that?

ori0n378e

I wouldn't mind joining, just depends on the time. I'm usually home by 6pm est.

Would love to do it Friday night at 11pm like we did with TKK!!!!!!!

Beltharin greatly appreciated the TKK run a couple weeks ago and would love to give RoI a run this weekend.

Also want to try a flawless run on normal Crota (no jumping sections to kill my poor Warlock)

How does this Friday night sound? Or over the weekend. It will give me a chance to get my main Titan up some LL.

Destiny 2 on PC is amazing.

Played Story Mission and Strike and it looks, sounds, and performs great while most importantly is absolutely sublime with M/KB.

A visual spectacle on a ultrawide with max settings/FOV all at 60+ FPS...those particle effects are to die for.

As far as key bindings go I put grenade as a side mouse button and put Super on the Q button although I think I'll put it on the Middle Mouse button next time I play. Felt like a different game/experience with M/KB in a good way.

Meh, Overwatch said the same thing and yet it crops the FOV to an unusable degree when using ultrawide.

Hoping that with D2 they do proper ultrawide with a usable FOV.

The only negative I noticed was that the initial character select screen was cropped which was probably just a bug in the beta as normal menu screens, UI, and actual gameplay seemed fine.

Dave_6

Can't play it till tomorrow but I'm going to force myself to play it with a m&kb. Never tried to use it and always give in and play with a controller.

Destiny 2 on PC is amazing.

Played Story Mission and Strike and it looks, sounds, and performs great while most importantly is absolutely sublime with M/KB.

A visual spectacle on a ultrawide with max settings/FOV all at 60+ FPS...those particle effects are to die for.

As far as key bindings go I put grenade as a side mouse button and put Super on the Q button although I think I'll put it on the Middle Mouse button next time I play. Felt like a different game/experience with M/KB in a good way.

The only negative I noticed was that the initial character select screen was cropped which was probably just a bug in the beta as normal menu screens, UI, and actual gameplay seemed fine.

I put super to V, grenade to middle button, class ability to Q. Super on Q is a tad too risky since it's kinda easy to misclick that.

Top Bottom