• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

chur

It's funny playing with people completely new to the game. They arrive at a cliff and stop. They start looking around wondering where to go next. Meanwhile I just keep running and jump off the cliff to get to the next section. This has happened to me in at least 3 different strikes today.

Because it plays amazingly well, and so much better than the trash in D1, that's why, lol.

I wasn't sold on it when it was announced, but after actually playing it, it just works so much better. Maps have no wasted space, there's always an engagement, and everyone has to pull their weight. I know everyone just complains and blames esports, but as someone who could give a shit about Destiny being an esport, it works so much better.

GlamFM

Banned
HOME STRETCH!

B4TTGeQ.png

shingi70

Banned
I'm hoping by next year's expansion we get 6v6 back in some form. 4v4 plays incredibly week, but in 6v6 I feel.more comfortable playing non seriously.

Midas

HOME STRETCH!

B4TTGeQ.png

Sooooooooooooon. Just three more days at work. Holiday coming up! I'm looking forward to Thursday's "This week at Bungie", so we can get all the details about the launch - I guess they'll give us more details then, if not earlier.

shingi70

Banned
How do you make a Destiny 1 clan. I was trying to quickly make one and get some guys together to do a strike and a raid.

I really like the look of my Titan, but I kinda want to start over and have my Titan be a female awoken.

My clan Progenitor is recruiting Xbox One guardians. We've been around since the early days of Destiny and I've been posting here in DGAF for quite a while. It got pretty tough gathering Xbox Guardians through the thread so I want to make sure we all get together early and stick together throughout Destiny 2's life span. Here's a link to my clan below;

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=174077

If John or anyone else could make us one of those cards for recruitment, that would be great. Thank you!

Hzoltan69

:(

That must really suck.

I went for the PS4 version despite having a PC with a 1080 just because I did not want to lose the community.

Same here. Community and being able to play a month earlier are not things to pass up.

I will gladly double dip, though, if characters and progress can be shared between platforms. Do you guys think there's a chance for that?

^^^
Thanks JohnOfMars!

Cross post

Hey guys, I have a PS4 clan set up and we have plenty of room. Anyone is welcome.

It's mostly US gaf, but our founder is a EU guy, so we are pretty flexible with meeting times. We pretty much do everything. I mainly set up raids and what not, usually I'll post on the Dgaf OT.

Oh and our motto is "Light dies First". Light Knight is the resident scrub of the clan. You are guaranteed to witness some great failures with him.

Trakan

Some guy got an early copy and was able to play it, so does that mean that D2 will be playable at midnight on the 6th?

Is there no switch for Bungie to flip?

Hzoltan69

Trying to put a group together for a flawless Crota raid this Saturday around 6pm UTC (on PS4). Anyone else who still needs this trophy?

1. Hzoltan969

Sky Walker

Did they fix the abilities/super cooldown timer in D2 PC Beta Build? It took a ridiculous amount of time to full my super in the Console Beta build.

- Cornbread78 (rookie)
- Beltharin (rookie)
- ori0n378e (rookie)
- wiesga01
- Pandora012
- Night_Knight

Be ready to carry the noobs Friday night!

I'll be on a little earlier, but we'll party up about 10:50 or so. Are your forum names the same as your PSN?

This is awesome, thanks everyone!

My name is the same

Dave_6

Did they fix the abilities/super cooldown timer in D2 PC Beta Build? It took a ridiculous amount of time to full my super in the Console Beta build.

Seems a good bit quicker to me. Even with me sucking in PvP while trying to learn playing with a mouse and keyboard, I was still getting a super earlier in the match than in the console beta.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
even the brutally tiny slice of D2 in the beta is so... effin...
good on PC. adsaghghdsfadjsdd.

- Cornbread78 (rookie)
- Beltharin (rookie)
- ori0n378e (rookie)
- wiesga01
- Pandora012
- Night_Knight

Be ready to carry the noobs Friday night!

I'll be on a little earlier, but we'll party up about 10:50 or so. Are your forum names the same as your PSN?

This is awesome, thanks everyone!
Eeee good luck you guys! You are in good hands with ori0n (even if he may be new to the raid), Pandora and Night

wwm0nkey

0 idea if this was ever posted, but I saw it online and posted it in the PC thread. Looks like the entrance to the raid was found in the strike

LINK

EDIT: Spoilers obviously

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Been saying this - still don't understand how people continue to justify 30fps.
although this is weird because it's not really a matter of justifying it. 60fps is just better. You don't have a choice on console and if they couldn't get the game to perform at a steady 60 considering D1's locked 30 I don't blame them.

PS4 is still my primary platform to be able to play with the broadest swath of DGAF and it'll still be a great experience.
Dammit....

What is the minimum number of people needed to do a normal Crota run for the Flawless trophy?
1. :p

even the brutally tiny slice of D2 in the beta is so... effin...
good on PC. adsaghghdsfadjsdd.

Eeee good luck you guys! You are in good hands with ori0n (even if he may be new to the raid), Pandora and Night

Oh shit, Hawkian praise! Are you going to play both ps4 and pc?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oh shit, Hawkian praise! Are you going to play both ps4 and pc?
Hell yeah I am!

I'm all in on PS4 but PC is too good to pass up. I'll get at least a Hunter to endgame on my rig
Hmm, how long do you think it would take at 370 light? I realy want to grab that trophy and I know I'll be on edge the entire time not to screw up and have to restart...
Alone? Hahaha

I mean the raid is like 220, light level won't be the deciding factor. It's a super fast raid. Soloing it is quite a task though. It isn't tough with a full group.

When are you looking to do it again?

Pandora and Night are going to lead the noobs through the gates of Iron...
:D It's a great raid. Enjoy and remember to pick up the bomb in the middle

Kalamari

I am seriously considering building a pc now. Going from 60 fps to 30 fps is like going from Kobe Beef to dog food. Besides, my laptop is barely cutting the mustard lately.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Anybody up for a "Newbie" Wrath of the Machine Raid this week. I've yet to do it, and it will be on my alt account. Started a new character and she's at 386 light, main account highest is 350 something. Got bored and wanted to go through Destiny again... ��

Hawkian, you going to do this again for D2?
Missed this but yes absolutely I am. :)

Cornbread78

Alone? Hahaha
I mean the raid is like 220, light level won't be the deciding factor. It's a super fast raid. Soloing it is quite a task though. It isn't tough with a full group.
When are you looking to do it again?

:D It's a great raid. Enjoy and remember to pick up the bomb in the middle

Great, lol. Looking to do a Flawless Crota run (only falling off the bridge to really worry about) late Sat, night around 11pm est. Another Gaffer is doing one earlier for EU folks as well..

I want to be apart of a newbie Taken King raid. The jumping puzzles were awesome to watch.

We did one a couple weeks ago and yeah, Wiped and crew got a good laugh out of my useless Warlock trying to get through the jumping sections....

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oh, so I think Bungie reads this but all of you people who use the Twitters or whatever if you can also make sure to use the appropriate channels-

Guaranteed Power Ammo from yellow bar enemies seems to be working great except for within the strike once you enter the Darkness Zone (i.e. where having a steady flow of power ammo would be most beneficial). They can drop it sometimes but it just still isn't guaranteed. As far as I understand the way the change was supposed to be implemented, this is just a bug that needs fixin'

EL CUCO

I am seriously considering building a pc now. Going from 60 fps to 30 fps is like going from Kobe Beef to dog food. Besides, my laptop is barely cutting the mustard lately.
Doit.gif

Seriously, I put together my build about 3 months ago because I knew this was gonna happen, and it was worth it. Not only do we have D2, but being able to play any game at 60fps is amazing. No more begging devs for PS4 Pro support, no pay2play online subscription, and then there's PUBG. PC gaming is freedom bro.

LTWood12

Oh, so I think Bungie reads this but all of you people who use the Twitters or whatever if you can also make sure to use the appropriate channels-

Guaranteed Power Ammo from yellow bar enemies seems to be working great except for within the strike once you enter the Darkness Zone (i.e. where having a steady flow of power ammo would be most beneficial). They can drop it sometimes but it just still isn't guaranteed. As far as I understand the way the change was supposed to be implemented, this is just a bug that needs fixin'

Yeah I hope that's not by design. But if it is, heavy ammo synths pls (which can now apparently be used from the app)

noomi

Doit.gif

Seriously, I put together my build about 3 months ago because I knew this was gonna happen, and it was worth it. Not only do we have D2, but being able to play any game at 60fps is amazing. No more begging devs for PS4 Pro support, no pay2play online subscription, and then there's PUBG. PC gaming is freedom bro.

I think a lot of people are intimidated by PC gaming, and it's stopping them from enjoying a really great platform. Yes it can be expensive if you are an enthusiast, but it's also completely affordable and very capable if you pick the right hardware. Plus the constant game sales from steam/origin/GMG/cdkeys...etc will quickly outweigh the cost of what you spent on hardware.

I'm all for console gaming, and have myself put in thousands of hours across a multitude of games, but PC gaming is always where my heart will be. :)

Top Bottom