• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

I put super to V, grenade to middle button, class ability to Q. Super on Q is a tad too risky since it's kinda easy to misclick that.

Yeah that's why I moved the Super key in the first place but I don't like it on Q either, thought about the TAB key but I find it to be perfect on the Middle Mouse button. Only issue that could crop up with the Middle Mouse button is it is usually reserved for multiple magnifications on long-range weapons (I would imagine Destiny 2 will have a couple of these at least throughout it's lifespan) but I'll cross that bridge when I need to.

Edit: And I've generally always put "grenade" in any shooter as a side mouse button as it just feels natural there with my thumb on it.

Cornbread78

JtD0obNl.jpg

I can't forget my roots.

giphy.gif

Hells to the yeah. I haven't tried a raid with it, but strikes, patrols and story while the wife is watching TV!

noomi

As much as I would love to have cross-saves I feel it's a long shot.

In the off chance that they would include cross-saves I wonder how PS4 exclusive content would be handled...

WizzNARD

Is the clan pages still messed up? Anytime I try to check out any clans posted here it just shows the banner and nothing else, no option to join or view or anything.

On mobile, haven't tried desktop. Any ideas?

Einhandr

Is the clan pages still messed up? Anytime I try to check out any clans posted here it just shows the banner and nothing else, no option to join or view or anything.

I feel like it's just a mobile web thing. On desktop and the app it's fine.

In the off chance that they would include cross-saves I wonder how PS4 exclusive content would be handled...

I think the only chance it had of happening was if it was in at launch as after launch it just becomes that much more complicated especially for those who have characters on both console and PC.

I was hoping for a new Master Account type system at Bungie.net where you opted in or out of cross-saves (some folks might want 6 characters or, gasp, 9).

And again, this probably isn't just Bungie's decision as there are a lot of different platforms/publishers, etc that need to play nice.

I'm going to go 2 and 2 on Xbox/PC as the Warlock ain't worth my time.

Cornbread78

when using your phone, request the desktop site through the web options and it works better than the regular desktop site, or the useless mobile app.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oh, so I think Bungie reads this but all of you people who use the Twitters or whatever if you can also make sure to use the appropriate channels-

Guaranteed Power Ammo from yellow bar enemies seems to be working great except for within the strike once you enter the Darkness Zone (i.e. where having a steady flow of power ammo would be most beneficial). They can drop it sometimes but it just still isn't guaranteed. As far as I understand the way the change was supposed to be implemented, this is just a bug that needs fixin'

For ze new page

Luke plz acknowledge :X

I'm pretty sure I have no other issues with the beta. Performance is great, graphics are great. I really like the new Control map. Super recharge rates feel substantially better. Other ability cooldowns were only slightly improved but I think I am more on board than most with regard to the "active recharge" stuff that Bungie has in mind taking perk synergy/Exotics into account.

I wonder is anyone (ps4) interested in doing a Taken King Raid?

Bump......

Hey guys, I have a PS4 clan set up and we have plenty of room. Anyone is welcome.
It's mostly US gaf, but our founder is a EU guy, so we are pretty flexible with meeting times. We pretty much do everything. I mainly set up raids and what not, usually I'll post on the Dgaf OT.

WizzNARD

when using your phone, request the desktop site through the web options and it works better than the regular desktop site, or the useless mobile app.
Thanks (and also to the others who answered)! Yeah seems like the app doesn't wanna work for me either, will have to check out desktop version. On Xbox myself and most of my og D1 friends have disappeared so a new clan seems to be in order.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hopefully not beating a dead horse to any Bungie eyes... typically when I run into an issue like this I start googling and find it has already been completely documented and talked to death, but it seems like no one is really talking about the power ammo in the Strike. weird

I don't post on the official forums or tweet at people so if anyone can do so I would love to at least be sure this is a known thing. The game is about to come out!

To clarify, it works perfectly in the story mission and the "open world" of the Strike (when you load in but do not yet enter the Darkness Zone), and from what I've seen and heard, in the EDZ patrol. It is thus abundant and can be farmed in those activities easily, as described by Bungie in interviews.

In the Strike proper, it seemed to me yellow bars don't necessarily drop power ammo at all sometimes. The only reddit post I could find possibly on the topic was this which seems to be interpreting it differently: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...gie_in_pve_power_ammo_from_yellowbars_should/

I don't exactly know how he can be sure it is functioning that way though. How would you know if someone else gets power ammo? I do agree however, if it is working the way he described, it should drop for the whole team. But I'm pretty sure that it was not guaranteed even from yellows I did kill myself, so he may just be misunderstanding why he isn't seeing the drops.

Note: power ammo drops are improved overall even within the strike. But based on the new dynamic of the weapon slots, it definitely feels like you should have at least some rounds of power ammo at the outset or by the midpoint of of each major PvE engagement. This would definitely be the case with guaranteed power ammo from every yellow and is not quite the case, in the Inverted Spire, without it.

Could be a moot issue to some extent viz a viz Synths as well (i.e., if you can use a synth when you get down to zero, essentially D2 already has more purple ammo naturally dropping in typical gameplay than D1 outside of very specific cases).

Anyway, just as I understand what they described this seems like a bug.

I feel like they could do something like just enable you to copy a character from PC to console or vice versa. Maybe not a complete cross-save, but a half step.

aarcane

Looks like someone sent a join request to Space Targaryens over the weekend and then withdrew it. Whoever that was, sorry. I was at my brother's wedding, staying somewhere with no mobile signal or wi-fi.

Anyway, I've been thinking about ditching said clan and joining another for PS4. The only member is me (on PSN, Xbox and Blizzard accounts) anyway. Thoughts?

Looks like someone sent a join request to Space Targaryens over the weekend and then withdrew it. Whoever that was, sorry. I was at my brother's wedding, staying somewhere with no mobile signal or wi-fi.

Anyway, I've been thinking about ditching said clan and joining another for PS4. The only member is me (on PSN, Xbox and Blizzard accounts) anyway. Thoughts?

You could join my awesome clan. Generally we do all the pve stuff and pvp stuff for events. Raids are my favorite though, can't wait.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I like that video. I just skimmed it for now but got some great stuff

-Luke calls the top spec of Voidwalker (Attunement of Chaos) "Slowva Bomb" and the bottom one (Attunement of Hunger) "Devour path." Apparently the Devour state (which you can activate two ways) is very defining for the spec
-Bottom Gunslinger spec (Way of the Sharpshooter) is described as "the highest orb generation class that I've seen in the game to date" via scoring precision hits (not necessarily kills) with Golden Gun
-A reminder to swap to your energy weapon (regardless of element) to attack players in Super state in the Crucible for a damage boost (I have literally never remembered to specifically do this in like 15 matches so that was welcome)
-The same-element shield break in PvE does heavy damage to the target with the shield, stuns that target for a few seconds of vulnerability if it survives, and of course does high AoE damage to nearby enemies.

Frostburn

Well since everyone in your clan has to be the product of incest and have purple eyes you may not get many members ;)

aarcane

Well since everyone in your clan has to be the product of incest and have purple eyes you may not get many members ;)

Haha, true. I'll update the profile to say it's not a prerequisite.

Anyway, the probably ill-advised clan name originates from a drunken playthrough of the vanilla campaign and joking about Mara Sov and her brother. It was very nearly Space Lannisters instead.

Cornbread78

I've had a couple folks, join, then back out over the past couple days, so I wouldn't take it personally. Any of the other clans here would be happy to take you under their wing!

hyouka-ep18-4.jpg

oh wow; harsh

Ramirez

Hopefully not beating a dead horse to any Bungie eyes... typically when I run into an issue like this I start googling and find it has already been completely documented and talked to death, but it seems like no one is really talking about the power ammo in the Strike. weird

I don't post on the official forums or tweet at people so if anyone can do so I would love to at least be sure this is a known thing. The game is about to come out!

To clarify, it works perfectly in the story mission and the "open world" of the Strike (when you load in but do not yet enter the Darkness Zone), and from what I've seen and heard, in the EDZ patrol. It is thus abundant and can be farmed in those activities easily, as described by Bungie in interviews.

In the Strike proper, it seemed to me yellow bars don't necessarily drop power ammo at all sometimes. The only reddit post I could find possibly on the topic was this which seems to be interpreting it differently: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...gie_in_pve_power_ammo_from_yellowbars_should/

I don't exactly know how he can be sure it is functioning that way though. How would you know if someone else gets power ammo? I do agree however, if it is working the way he described, it should drop for the whole team. But I'm pretty sure that it was not guaranteed even from yellows I did kill myself, so he may just be misunderstanding why he isn't seeing the drops.

Note: power ammo drops are improved overall even within the strike. But based on the new dynamic of the weapon slots, it definitely feels like you should have at least some rounds of power ammo at the outset or by the midpoint of of each major PvE engagement. This would definitely be the case with guaranteed power ammo from every yellow and is not quite the case, in the Inverted Spire, without it.

Could be a moot issue to some extent viz a viz Synths as well (i.e., if you can use a synth when you get down to zero, essentially D2 already has more purple ammo naturally dropping in typical gameplay than D1 outside of very specific cases).

Anyway, just as I understand what they described this seems like a bug.

I was told power ammo drops for everyone in the latest build, it's just a bug and it's already fixed apparently. Right now it only drops for whoever scored the killing blow.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I was told power ammo drops for everyone in the latest build, it's just a bug and it's already fixed apparently. Right now it only drops for whoever scored the killing blow.
Oh word? Who said this?

You mean a newer build than the current PC beta right?

JJShadow

Has it been confirmed that the servers won't be up till Tuesday? I'll probably get my physical copy early, but if the servers are not running it's gonna be pointless lol

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
this seems new

Luke Smith answers destiny questions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C26qHS5qnQ

Nice interview. Doesn't feel like it's towing the PR line. I appreciate upfront answers to mostly genuine questions.

Think he whiffed on the grimoire question though. The lore is nice and all, but people who care about grimoire are talking about their score, and having something to represent to others how much they've accomplished in Destiny.

Holy shit this game is the bomb on pc..

Ughh damn you GAF I've already resigned myself to PS4. But I have such a good PC to play this on. I long for the days of non exclusivity crap and crossplay for all.

Time to finally play on a big TV with a controller.

This is one nice thing, between VR and playing Warhammer Total War and PUBG on my PC my glorious TV hasn't seen much action recently. Almost time to take her out for a spin.

Another cool thing is I have Phillips hue lights around and use a screen grabber via PC to do the light color sync with Destiny around my TV, it looks cool. I wish I had an actual ambilight kind of setup.

aarcane

I've had a couple folks, join, then back out over the past couple days, so I wouldn't take it personally. Any of the other clans here would be happy to take you under their wing!

I was worried whoever it was got mad because I didn't approve them soon enough. Oh well.

Even if I join another clan on PS4, this one will still be up and running because my Xbox and Blizzard accounts will remain there. Then, if someone joins who really likes the name, I could always sign it over to them, right?

I don't think people cared too much about Grimoire score. Anyone that was into the grimoire seemed like they enjoyed reading about the universe Bungie created, rather than watching some arbitrary numbers go up. I found that most people wanted an in-game grimoire rather than obliterating it all together.

What I'm more concerned about is the loss of the Destiny 1 grimoire. I'd be all in if they ever decided to release a book with that stuff.

LTWood12

Grimoire score is a great way for me to judge someone on another team as I fly into a trials match ('3810? hopefully a newb'), feel superior, then get ass handed to me repeatedly.

Cornbread78

I was worried whoever it was got mad because I didn't approve them soon enough. Oh well.

Even if I join another clan on PS4, this one will still be up and running because my Xbox and Blizzard accounts will remain there. Then, if someone joins who really likes the name, I could always sign it over to them, right?

Yeah, you can just transfer leadership over.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
We must hang in different circles. Of course people want the grimoire lore brought in-game... that's just blatantly obvious; there was never a debate that it was a poor implementation in D1. Nobody asked for grimoire cards with lore outside the game to continue.

For completionists though the score was always important. I worked to get max grimoire, so obviously it's something I care about. Its pretty clear that it's internally hated at Bungie though and thought of as a mistake. I'm guessing that people using grimoire score as raid LFG requirements in year 1 was what really pushed it over the tipping point for them. No surprise that it isn't included in D2.

I don't care if it's "grimoire score" or something else, I just want a way to show off to other players how dedicated I've been to accomplishing all that Destiny 2 has to offer. Emblems aren't enough. Record books that only I can see aren't enough.

Top Bottom