• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I used the last of my power ammo with the grenade launcher on the Centurion in the bunker and a few other Cabal as well.

The other two players were together on the other side of that area (at the other bunker).

Edit: When I say I used the last of the power ammo I mean I fired 4-5 rounds but did not have a full ammo count at the time.
Gotcha, so definitely the conditions were right for a drop and it just didn't happen. Even though it is rare, I hope Bungie looks at it one last time before or just after launch.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I'd like to know how.
My PC is 2 years old, i7-4720 and a GTX950.
I started low and chose 720p, and I'm getting an unstable 30 fps with medium to high settings.
Even on the Lowest, it's around 30 fps.

I was always going to stick with the PS4 Pro, PC was just a curiosity, what could my PC do.

I'm not too familiar with the 950, but on my aging 3770K and 980 I'm on all high settings on 1080p running way over 60fps all the time, even with HDR on and Chromatic.

Sounds like something could be bottlenecking you: that CPU is good to go for 1080p for sure, I think perhaps it's the VRAM if yours has only 2GB? My VRAM usage sits at about 2.5GB of my 4GB....so maybe that's the prob there, not sure.

LiK

Canceled my preorder with GS. It was backup preorder originally before I got one from BB and I forgot about it. Phew.

Cruxist

Digital pre-load starts tomorrow, right? Man, I'm so glad that I'm traveling and doing things this weekend. I would be losing it if I was just sitting at home. Cannot wait to finally play on Wednesday!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm not too familiar with the 950, but on my aging 3770K and 980 I'm on all high settings on 1080p running way over 60fps all the time, even with HDR on and Chromatic.

Sounds like something could be bottlenecking you: that CPU is good to go for 1080p for sure, I think perhaps it's the VRAM if yours has only 2GB? My VRAM usage sits at about 2.5GB of my 4GB....so maybe that's the prob there, not sure.
The gulf between the 950 and 980 is pretty huge. I'm not sure the framebuffer would be an issue at 720p- and frankly I'm stunned his rig can't maintain a locked 30fps at that res- but the 950 is just not a strong card in comparison.

edit:
for comparison purposes in terms of relative power like you originally mentioned, the 950 beats out a base PS4's GPU, but easily loses to the Polaris GPU in the PS4 Pro

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
The gulf between the 950 and 980 is pretty huge. I'm not sure the framebuffer would be an issue at 720p- and frankly I'm stunned his rig can't maintain a locked 30fps at that res- but the 950 is just not a strong card in comparison.

edit:
for comparison purposes in terms of relative power like you originally mentioned, the 950 beats out a base PS4's GPU, but easily loses to the Polaris GPU in the PS4 Pro

True that, yeah at 720p it should be stomping 30fps, but you're right: it's definitely not up to the CPU in the rig, OP if you swapped out your 950 to a 1060 or something I think you might have a massive upgrade on your hands mate :)

shingi70

Banned
Man I have nest Wednesday off but won't be able to play as much as I thought. Have to get some fillings at the dentist and I'm probably gonna be out like a light.

darthbob

Ordered two of those Hurricane Harvey relief pins.

Nice to see all the proceeds go to the relief effort and we're gonna look fly in-game as well. :D

harveyrelief_emblem.jpg

Bought some D2 Rockstar energy drinks. Holy crap these things taste awful.

Where did you find them? I have been checking gas stations and grocery stores and can't find any. I had to buy shit cherry poptats, but haven't heard back form the text I sent in for the code. Did you have any problems getting the XP boost code?

chur

Where did you find them? I have been checking gas stations and grocery stores and can't find any. I had to buy shit cherry poptats, but haven't heard back form the text I sent in for the code. Did you have any problems getting the XP boost code?
7-11. Looked like they had just put them out too.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
True that, yeah at 720p it should be stomping 30fps, but you're right: it's definitely not up to the CPU in the rig, OP if you swapped out your 950 to a 1060 or something I think you might have a massive upgrade on your hands mate :)
Yup, since the CPU is fine, though it would cost about $200, that would be a pretty massive upgrade. Even the best factory-OC'd 950 is "57% below the recommended spec" for D2, whereas the base 3GB 1060 beats it (if only slightly).
i6kF2MG.png

http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/inde...ce-gtx-950-gigabyte-xtreme-gaming-2gb-edition

would definitely be worth the price difference versus the 1050ti as well.
jaysis.

five destinations by the end of the year???
Based on the little knowledge I have about this, I think they realllllly want to make up for the scope and reception of The Dark Below.

Trakan

Based on the little knowledge I have about this, I think they realllllly want to make up for the scope and reception of The Dark Below.

It's a good start, but they really need to have stuff consistent throughout the year. If we get these two DLCs and then have to wait a year for a TTK style expansion, it's D1's drought all over again.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Good to see the Destiny threads in Gaming are in hot mess mode, feels about right XD.

Controller has AA in Destiny 2, more breaking news at 10 lol.

kidko

Played that sweet beta last night. Wow it was crazy pretty on my 1070. The intro was cool and all but the strike planet was gorgeous. I wish i could get in there solo and just go slow and explore it. Daaaaaang. They got me, i'm back in for d2 and even d2ouble d2ipping so see u on PS4 again, fraaands

I told my wife to pretend she is single for the weekend.

backfire coming my way?

Listen, do what I do. You've got a holiday weekend in the US. Bust your ass cleaning and doing everything you can on your honey do list.

And right now, find something your wife likes, a book, a show, or a meal and tell her you're getting that for her on launch day. That way you both have something to look forward to.

My wife is getting homemade creme brulee on Tuesday and she can't wait.

AaronMT86

A free terrible D2 PS4 theme is available if you sign in and watch a youtube video on live.playstation.com

The theme is rotating static D2 wallpaper.

LTWood12

Listen, do what I do. You've got a holiday weekend in the US. Bust your ass cleaning and doing everything you can on your honey do list.

And right now, find something your wife likes, a book, a show, or a meal and tell her you're getting that for her on launch day. That way you both have something to look forward to.

My wife is getting homemade creme brulee on Tuesday and she can't wait.

i have built up a cache of good will.

bungie just tweeted out that they are selling a pin with an emblem for D2 with proceeds going to Houston for Hurricane Harvey. https://bungiestore.com/collections/featured/products/destiny-2-bungie-foundation-collectible-pin-with-emblem
Nice one, picked this up.

Weirdly, I got an email this morning from Bungie Store re: an order I made last year. I bought the PA pins, they never arrived and I was ill at the time so - too busy to chase it up - I wrote it off. Now they tell me they got returned to sender nine months later lol...?

Top Bottom