• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

shermas

Holy cow! The Live Action trailer was amazing.

I thought it was a tad too jokey. Like too casual, almost... I mean, as a 1,000+ hour maniac, I'm in, no matter what. But the tone of that trailer is so different than the feeling you had when playing the first game.

Either way, HYYYYYYYYPPPE. I cannot wait for next week.

Dalek

Whoa someone on reddit posted some scans of the official guide with some pictures of exotics.

Also-vendor locations

HUUUUUGE location spoiler:
Tower confirmed

ramyeon

Whoa someone on reddit posted some scans of the official guide with some pictures of exotics.

Also-vendor locations

location spoiler:
Tower confirmed
This is a way bigger spoiler than the warning seems to convey :(

Think it might be time to gtfo the internet until next week.

Juan

location spoiler:
Tower confirmed

And a ton of exotic weapons/armors from D1 are returning, officially this time.
To be honest, it's really hard to swallow the fact that we will have to grind to get back D1 exotics in D2... I mean, they made us loss our exotics only to have more content for us to unlock during D2? They could totally have gave us our exotics back from D1 to D2.

And it's quite cool to see the Tower making a come back, I guess after we're done witht he campaign! That's a thing I wanted to see how our actions during the campaign will/could affect the world around us! Getting back to the Tower is a really cool thing.

But apparently, it will not be our Tower, but a new old one Gardians used to be during the first era of the city.

To update, we now have 3 PC only clans.

DestinyGAF PC || US - Full
for now
DestinyGAF PC || US 2
DestinyGAF PC || EU

Before the game releases in a month and a bit, we want to make sure each clan is filled with people who are going to play in the respective regions.

Thanks to those in US 1 who have told me they're going to be playing in the "Americas" region.
I've PMed all others to let them that a month out from the PC release they'll be kicked if they still have the Beginner status.

At which point they'll have to rejoin the appropriate clan.

That way all PC clans can be fulled properly and we can find out if we need to make follow up clans for those that are full.

Thanks

Dalek

To be honest, it's really hard to swallow the fact that we will have to grind to get back D1 exotics in D2... I mean, they made us loss our exotics only to have more content for us to unlock during D2? They could totally have gave us our exotics back from D1 to D2.

And it's quite cool to see the Tower making a come back, I guess after we're done witht he campaign! That's a thing I wanted to see how our actions during the campaign will/could affect the world around us! Getting back to the Tower is a really cool thing.

Yes I was surprised by the number of returning exotic armor. I don't mind the grind though. We still don't know what the returning reward is. Maybe it's a random exotic...

Deku Tree

Anyone who played D1 and had half a brain knew that was happening.

Juan

Anyone who played D1 and had half a brain knew that was happening.

And that's one other reason I'm still burn by Destiny and Bungie and won't be there day one (not a grit against the game itself, just the developers).

They could totally have gave us the content we unlocked during D1, this was just another lie to make a easy restart for everyone. Now I'm curious what will be their excuse for D3. You're going beyond the solar system so your weapon cannot reach the Traveler light and can't follow you to your next adventure?

And BWU is up btw.

Nightfall: Ready when you are
Raid: 10 AM PT, September 13
Trials: 10 AM PT, September 15

Nightfall Guided Games Beta: September 12th, 10AM
30-50% of players will be given seeker access, depending on clan participation in Destiny 2 during the first week.
Nightfall and Raid Guided Games: September 26th, 10AM
Target: 100% of players will be given seeker access.

Spades

Seriously, why the fuck do they insist on getting the raid live so soon after launch - they want people to rush through the content they've been working on for the last 2+ years?

Dave_6

These arrived today!
36809311251_91b94dac94_k.jpg

CLBridges

I'm preloaded and really excited for next week. However, I probably won't have enough time to get raid ready. Thought Bungie would give it two weeks before dropping the raid. They probably know the hardcore base is going to grind religiously so give'em the content.

Heart skipped a beat...Destiny 2 Xbox store page says "Available on 9/20/17 12:00:00 AM," which is certainly a mistake.

I'm free from September 4-12 yet the Raid releases on the 13th which will be my first day back to work.

Eric WK

I'm preloaded and really excited for next week. However, I probably won't have enough time to get raid ready. Thought Bungie would give it two weeks before dropping the raid. They probably know the hardcore base is going to grind religiously so give'em the content.

I don't think there's ever been more than a week between a content drop and raid opening anyway. No reason to expect more than that now.

If you can do it this weekend I can help. Just give me an idea when you want to do it. Check sent to wrong department, reissuing.

1 says they will help.

Whas your schedule like?

I'm a little rusty (haven't touched Destiny since December last year) but I might be able to bring my Titan depending on day/time (I'm based on UK). What's your schedule?

My availability would be the evenings to late night on Saturday or Sunday, so maybe from 8pm - 2am. Sunday would probably work best for me. And I'm pacific time zone.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
These arrived today!

You too?

I got my 3, problem is they sent me 2 Hunters, 1 Titan

Fucked me by not sending me my Warlock, oh the irony

Cool Amazon CS, 1 Day ship, tomorrow I'll have it, return back one of the Hunters

Fathead

I can't stop buying the Direct Relief pins lol

For anyone who doesn't know, Bungie has a charitable wing called the Bungie Foundaion that is supposed by certain store purchases and partners with various non-profits, in this case Direct Relief for its work to assist communities in the wake of the hurricane through this pin/emblem: https://bungiestore.com/products/destiny-2-bungie-foundation-collectible-pin-with-emblem

The three things Direct Relief is doing with regard to this disaster are:
1. Directly funding local non-profit health centers and free/low-cost clinics that took a big financial hit from the influx of people needing medical care in the affected areas of Texas
2. Partnering with state-level and national health centers whose staff are being extended beyond their usual areas to provide primary care and may not have the budget to do so otherwise
3. They provide emergency supply packs to health centers in advance to be opened in times of disasters like these; several have been opened in the wake of Harvey and will need to be replaced

If you would like to help out and get the pin/in-game emblem, but don't have the financial leeway to do so, please 1) quote this post and 2) PM me your shipping address. I will gladly cover your donation.

I want DGAF to be the biggest part of this effort possible. We're a gigantic community, and we can have a real impact here. Once we all have our emblems in D2 I want to pick a day we all put them on and I'll take screenshots of my friends list to send Bungie.

You can of course also donate right to Direct Relief as well if you would prefer: https://secure.directrelief.org/sit...&NONCE_TOKEN=F3997F98AC8F07C488FB7621F737CBF9

You sir are a gentleman. Already donated through my work.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So do we need to join a super busy clan to maximise rewards?

Pfft... If I started my own clan with me as the only member, I'd hit max before most full GAF clans

Patrol all you fools!

No one can deny my Gathering skills for materials and stockpiling galore

Watch me somehow hit Glimmer cap within 24-48 hours and come on GAF to give to the masses the news lol

Cornbread78

Just started today. Only a handful ATM.

It'll grow, I'm sure.

Pfft... If I started my own clan with me as the only member, I'd hit max before most full GAF clans
Patrol all you fools!
No one can deny my Gathering skills for materials and stockpiling galore
Watch me somehow hit Glimmer cap within 24-48 hours and come on GAF to give to the masses the news lol

*bows*

You always have a home with GAF Gold brotha, lol

Ahem.
Spoilers

Returning Exotics? Lame. Same number of missions as D1? Lame. 5 strikes?
Laaame. The returning exotics is the worst part.

LTWood12

Those look more like quests to me but I could be wrong. Either way that spoiler thread is all the "cancelling preorder" nonsense you'd expect.

Same number of missions? wat

17 missions, which is more or less what the original destiny had. Actually less.
I have no doubt that the missions will be beefier in D2.

Those look more like quests to me but I could be wrong. Either way that spoiler thread is all the "cancelling preorder" nonsense you'd expect.

Yeah, I know I'll still have a blast with the game if I had a blast with D1. I'm just disappointed at some of the things.

That's a nice QoL addition tbh.

BWU said:
Now the game will automagically determine your power potential and give you the reward you deserve without making you dig through all of your Armor and Weapons to equip your best stuff. We recently cornered Investment Designer Daniel Auchenpaugh and compelled him to make some rare promises about character progression.

Tell us about this new system. When do rewards determine their power, and how is it determined?

Daniel: Rewards determine their power at the time they're earned. This means that, when an engram drops in Destiny 2, it decides its power at the time it drops. Also, when we roll rewards, we look at your character's level and your best possible gear to determine the power of the reward. This is true for Crucible end-of-match rewards, Engram drops, Strike rewards, etc. Note that some sources can still produce better gear than others; once you're exploring endgame content look for the "Powerful Gear" rewards in tooltips if you're hunting the best drops.

What gear do you use to determine a players best equipment?

Daniel
: When we say "best possible gear," we look at what the best scenario is for your character across your account. This means that, if you are playing on your Hunter (like you should), we might use the Helmet you accidentally left in the vault, the Boots you just picked up but haven't equipped, and the Auto Rifle that you forgot to transfer from your Warlock. Gear on other characters, in the vault, in your inventory, or currently equipped are all compared to find the best loadout you could have.

That's convenient! What if I have a level 20 Hunter and make a new Hunter so I can have 3 Hunters? Will all my drops be level 20 gear on the new Hunter? What if I've got a ton of Exotics?

Daniel: Nope! The system is smart enough to look at level requirements and make sure it ignores anything that is too high for the current character to equip. It also obeys equipping restrictions, so it understands that you can only equip one Exotic weapon and one piece of exotic armor and figures that in.

I'm not sure about the sound of it "figuring in" that you can only equip one Exotic Weapon and one Exotic Armor at a time though.

That's a nice QoL addition tbh.

I'm not sure about the sound of it "figuring in" that you can only equip one Exotic Weapon and one Exotic Armor at a time though.
Just means if you have three exotic weapons (one each kinetic, elemental, power), at light 200, and everything else at 100, it would average your weapons as 133, not 200. I.e. one exotic, two regular.

Mindlog

Ahem.
Spoilers

Returning Exotics? Lame. Same number of missions as D1? Lame. 5 strikes?
Laaame. The returning exotics is the worst part.
I don't care about that middle part
(the number of missions)
but the rest is super lame.
Now the game will automagically determine your power potential and give you the reward you deserve without making you dig through all of your Armor and Weapons to equip your best stuff.
Been asking for that for years, but better late then ne
Daniel: Rewards determine their power at the time they're earned. This means that, when an engram drops in Destiny 2, it decides its power at the time it drops.
TonyKornheiserWhy.jpg

When we say "best possible gear," we look at what the best scenario is for your character across your account. This means that, if you are playing on your Hunter (like you should), we might use the Helmet you accidentally left in the vault, the Boots you just picked up but haven't equipped, and the Auto Rifle that you forgot to transfer from your Warlock. Gear on other characters, in the vault, in your inventory, or currently equipped are all compared to find the best loadout you could have.
So the next step is a max light button we can hit without using third party software right?
-_-

Still holding out hope that in-game inventory management is some big secret they haven't revealed. There's no way it's as useless as it was in D1.

Top Bottom