• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Mengetsu

Wow saw that the guide is leaked online and went to my youtube and almost got spoiled. Had to sign into my alt account that doesn't have any Destiny channels subscribed to besides Byf, who already said he wouldn't be making videos on anything leaked. Now my normal reading of reddit and youtube watching I have to avoid :/

Why sell the strategy guide when you know stores get it early to sell and it's gonna leak? Destiny don't need no guide :/

T.v

Spoilers are making the rounds? Might have to avoid certain places then. Too often have I been spoiled in such accidental ways, though never with games.

traveler

Not Wario
I don't care about that middle part
(the number of missions)
but the rest is super lame.

Been asking for that for years, but better late then ne

TonyKornheiserWhy.jpg

So the next step is a max light button we can hit without using third party software right?
-_-

Still holding out hope that in-game inventory management is some big secret they haven't revealed. There's no way it's as useless as it was in D1.

What's wrong with engrams determining their power level on drop? That would be the only fair way in my mind.

Ahem.
Spoilers

Returning Exotics? Lame. Same number of missions as D1? Lame. 5 strikes?
Laaame. The returning exotics is the worst part.
I really dont understand why its so hard for them to make new material. Is it really that difficult as long as they had to make the game?

I really dont understand why its so hard for them to make new material. Is it really that difficult as long as they had to make the game?

Yeah, I think my biggest disappointment thus far are the returning exotics.
And the sounds of other exotic armor don't excite me. Like Hunter pants that just give HC accuracy....

FiraB

Banned
Yeah, I think my biggest disappointment thus far are the returning exotics.
And the sounds of other exotic armor don't excite me. Like Hunter pants that just give HC accuracy....

Odd thing is besides a couple old exotics the choices they brought back are just shit, hardlight and midas? Why? Dunemarchers, Skullfort? Alpha Lupi? Why! Titans got screwed and we got two shit guns to boot.

Bunga

Hi all, not played Destiny at all before but just wondering what the score with Destiny 2 is for players looking to potentially play it solo? Is it even a possibility or would I be hamstrung?

Hyun Sai

Well, after a incredibly disappointing year for my FGs of choice and their amateurish online, I'm done. Seems like I'll be back in Destiny this tuesday !

What changed here ? I see there is a Discord Neogaf now ?

LFG site to find group is still a thing ?

Midas

Well, after a incredibly disappointing year for my FGs of choice and their amateurish online, I'm done. Seems like I'll be back in Destiny this tuesday !

What changed here ? I see there is a Discord Neogaf now ?

LFG site to find group is still a thing ?

Yes.

Yes.

Welcome back to Destiny!

phen0m24

Hi all, not played Destiny at all before but just wondering what the score with Destiny 2 is for players looking to potentially play it solo? Is it even a possibility or would I be hamstrung?

You can play the story solo, sure. Patrol is fun solo, pvp can be played solo (matchmaking).

Strikes will matchmake you with other players.

Raids will not.

But you're on Destiny GAF. You don't need to play solo. :) This is the best Destiny community going.

Bunga

You can play the story solo, sure. Patrol is fun solo, pvp can be played solo (matchmaking).

Strikes will matchmake you with other players.

Raids will not.

But you're on Destiny GAF. You don't need to play solo. :) This is the best Destiny community going.

Thanks for this.

Playing solo is for others and not just myself really. I have small children who have a habit of interrupting most of my sessions so I tend to stay clear of multiplayer experiences where I can hamper the experience for others because I have to go AFK or whatever.

Impulsor

I just got effed. I got assigned to a project in the UK (I'm from Spain) for 5 weeks, starting the 11th of september.

NOOOOO!!

Lawyer1969

Neo Member
I can't stop buying the Direct Relief pins lol

For anyone who doesn't know, Bungie has a charitable wing called the Bungie Foundaion that is supposed by certain store purchases and partners with various non-profits, in this case Direct Relief for its work to assist communities in the wake of the hurricane through this pin/emblem: https://bungiestore.com/products/destiny-2-bungie-foundation-collectible-pin-with-emblem
You can of course also donate right to Direct Relief as well if you would prefer: https://secure.directrelief.org/sit...&NONCE_TOKEN=F3997F98AC8F07C488FB7621F737CBF9

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I just donated and can confirm that shipping is up to Germany as well.

Bought my pin. Thanks, Hawkian, for buying them for others. <3

Gonna start the pre-load on PS4 now, wheeee. I'm "working from home" next Wednesday and Thursday, then I'm off on Friday and Monday. It's going to be awesome.

shingi70

Banned
Game comes out next week and we know nothing about Eververse at launch. It makes me wonder it we won't actually see it drop till Festival of the Lost.

Thanks for this.

Playing solo is for others and not just myself really. I have small children who have a habit of interrupting most of my sessions so I tend to stay clear of multiplayer experiences where I can hamper the experience for others because I have to go AFK or whatever.

Find a clan that is comprised of parents. That's what I used to do when I played MMO's and my kids were babies (I'm a stay at home Dad). In my experience, parents understand and have no issues with having to wait a bit due to kid aggro.

A big one is Dads of Destiny but I'm sure there are others.

I've been out of the loop. What can I do to prepare for Destiny 2? I need to go grab some poptarts and RockStar energy drinks. That's all?

It's already pre-loaded.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Annoying but went with the disc copy since I could get it £15 cheaper than digital. Shame I can't play at midnight unless Amazon deliver it a day early.

So what clans are going to be big on XB1 for GAF?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I've been out of the loop. What can I do to prepare for Destiny 2? I need to go grab some poptarts and RockStar energy drinks. That's all?

It's already pre-loaded.

As I understand it the next step is to physically remove the rockstar liquid from the cans into a drain of some kind

Raybunny

If you're in Coral Springs, FL...there's two left

BO4CCZV.jpg

Oh man the last 2 one piece things!

Number45

Sooner or later I'm going to accidentally click on that spoiler thread in gaming. I'm programmed to check out every thread with Destiny in the title.

Tovarisc

Sooner or later I'm going to accidentally click on that spoiler thread in gaming. I'm programmed to check out every thread with Destiny in the title.

If you open it you will see clean opening post (only D1 pic and link to spoilers) so as long you realize where you are then you can back out without harm done.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You're such a dude. Time and time again.

You've definitely inspired me to donate. Will do it tomorrow (presuming I can in the UK - i'm sure I can) and would definitely like to get involved with the picture. I need to add you to my friends list if you don't mind. To say I played D1 so much and Destiny Gaffers make up about 75% of my friends list, i'm ashamed to say I don't have you on my roster.
Yessss definitely, add Hawkian on PSN.

Anyone who has bought an emblem (or just wants to otherwise!) make sure to send me a friend request

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Wow, seems like lots of shit leaked? Gotta tread carefully.

Who's creating the OT for Destiny 2?
Mon of Jars

And yeah I am going dark to all media/other threads/channels

plz use tags for anything you think might be spoileracious!

Top Bottom