• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

WizzNARD

I can't stop buying the Direct Relief pins lol

For anyone who doesn't know, Bungie has a charitable wing called the Bungie Foundaion that is supposed by certain store purchases and partners with various non-profits, in this case Direct Relief for its work to assist communities in the wake of the hurricane through this pin/emblem: https://bungiestore.com/products/destiny-2-bungie-foundation-collectible-pin-with-emblem

The three things Direct Relief is doing with regard to this disaster are:
1. Directly funding local non-profit health centers and free/low-cost clinics that took a big financial hit from the influx of people needing medical care in the affected areas of Texas
2. Partnering with state-level and national health centers whose staff are being extended beyond their usual areas to provide primary care and may not have the budget to do so otherwise
3. They provide emergency supply packs to health centers in advance to be opened in times of disasters like these; several have been opened in the wake of Harvey and will need to be replaced

If you would like to help out and get the pin/in-game emblem, but don't have the financial leeway to do so, please 1) quote this post and 2) PM me your shipping address. I will gladly cover your donation.

I want DGAF to be the biggest part of this effort possible. We're a gigantic community, and we can have a real impact here. Once we all have our emblems in D2 I want to pick a day we all put them on and I'll take screenshots of my friends list to send Bungie.

You can of course also donate right to Direct Relief as well if you would prefer: https://secure.directrelief.org/sit...&NONCE_TOKEN=F3997F98AC8F07C488FB7621F737CBF9
Would love an emblem if possible, spent all my money on destiny!! Pm coming.

Number45

For anyone who doesn't know, Bungie has a charitable wing called the Bungie Foundaion that is supposed by certain store purchases and partners with various non-profits, in this case Direct Relief for its work to assist communities in the wake of the hurricane through this pin/emblem: https://bungiestore.com/products/destiny-2-bungie-foundation-collectible-pin-with-emblem

1. Directly funding local non-profit health centers and free/low-cost clinics that took a big financial hit from the influx of people needing medical care in the affected areas of Texas
2. Partnering with state-level and national health centers whose staff are being extended beyond their usual areas to provide primary care and may not have the budget to do so otherwise
3. They provide emergency supply packs to health centers in advance to be opened in times of disasters like these; several have been opened in the wake of Harvey and will need to be replaced

If you would like to help out and get the pin/in-game emblem, but don't have the financial leeway to do so, please 1) quote this post and 2) PM me your shipping address. I will gladly cover your donation.

I want DGAF to be the biggest part of this effort possible. We're a gigantic community, and we can have a real impact here. Once we all have our emblems in D2 I want to pick a day we all put them on and I'll take screenshots of my friends list to send Bungie.

You can of course also donate right to Direct Relief as well if you would prefer: https://secure.directrelief.org/sit...&NONCE_TOKEN=F3997F98AC8F07C488FB7621F737CBF9
I don't need a pin but I'd like to take part in the picture if I'm able to. Might be a while before it arrives!

Makikou

Looking for a fireteam for Destiny 2 launch, I can start around Wednesday, 15:30-ish GMT +3 (nordic europe) and I have thursday and friday off work so going to be playing a lot

- No spoilers, i'm going in blind.
- Have a microphone, don't be a drunk or 420 blaze it 24/7.
- Know what way you're holding a gun
- I'm not going to tryhard grind so don't join if you're going to skip everything to just get max level as fast as possible. I want to enjoy the game too and not overlook anything.
Be able to commit for long playsessions

Slide into my PM's :)

Posting here aswell as on Discord

jacobs34

Just wanted to stop by and say how much I'm looking forward to playing with you all come next week. I loved that live action trailer, btw.

Dalek

Just an update to the amazon pre-order saga. Despite what the support rep told me earlier, I just got an email with a voucher code to download now.

Holy shit!!! I found the Destiny Rockstars yesterday for the XP boost. They are awful. I only had like 1/4 of the can, I wasn't planning on drinking all of it anyway, but I feel awful now. My head hurts and I feel like my heart is going to explode. I'm exaggerating a bit but man these are awful.

Frostburn

nooo, DGAF is amazing. Only even thought to do this because I knew there would be people in this community who wanted to help out but aren't currently able.

Love DGAF! I ordered a pin, funny enough my only 2 orders on the Bungie store is the Nepal Aid T-shirt and then the Bungie Foundation Pin.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Holy shit!!! I found the Destiny Rockstars yesterday for the XP boost. They are awful. I only had like 1/4 of the can, I wasn't planning on drinking all of it anyway, but I feel awful now. My head hurts and I feel like my heart is going to explode. I'm exaggerating a bit but man these are awful.
This is your brain on Light
Does it allow you to play the full game, or just the pre-load?
Hahah I love this question. I'm sure it's just a PSN code which would currently enable you to pre-load

Just an update to the amazon pre-order saga. Despite what the support rep told me earlier, I just got an email with a voucher code to download now.

Yep, I just got it too. Awesome, I was hesitant to order from Amazon because I'd read they weren't sending out the codes until the release time/date, so this makes me happy.

traveler

Not Wario
@Hawkian: Don't need the help for the pin myself but

rvKFwxD.gif

tumblr_nby3r7iQCz1rjer4yo1_250.gif

Anyone know if the Poptart promotion works with regular boxes? I remember seeing people speculate that you don't need to specifically buy the boxes with Destiny branding, but I want to make sure.

chur

I drink other energy drinks all the time, but these things are so gross. They don't give you XP btw. They give you gear. The Poptarts give you the XP boost.

ori0n378e

Hawkian, you are truly a great and humble person!!! If only the world was filled with people like you. Thank you for all you do for the Destiny Community and people in need. 👍 to you!

KiDdYoNe

Is it the 1st September in Russia, aka after Midnight?

11:40 PM atm. Looks like 11 PM is the time we're looking for.

Also

Wow. Hats off

WizzNARD

Yep, I just got it too. Awesome, I was hesitant to order from Amazon because I'd read they weren't sending out the codes until the release time/date, so this makes me happy.
This reminds me of when I tried to preorder. Had some left over GameStop credit and a ton of games to trade in so I figured I'd go get an Xbox money card or whatever you wanna call it.

I go in, say what I want to do and the clerk said I could just get a code for the game, instead of the card. I say whatever, I pretty much just want out of there ( this was the beta week for what it's worth). Tell him I want the digital deluxe, he says they only have game plus expansion, and tries selling me on that. I say no, just give me the card if that's the case.

He goes through everything, somehow they have the DD now, but whatever, and gives me a receipt for the DD, shows where the beta code is and that's it. I say, where's the code for the actual game? He says they will text/email me on release day and I can come pick up the code.

I'm like huh? First of all I wanted the card, not whatever he gave me. And second that is the most ass backwards system I've ever heard of! Why not text/email the code? I have to come to the store to pick up a code???

We worked it out and I just got a code for 100 something in Xbox money, whatever the price plus tax is.

Just thought I'd share. The whole thing was super dumbfounding.

Also want to add that Hawkian is amazing!!!

Born2Live

I've got a constant grin on my face knowing that i'll be playing D2 this time next week. It only feels like the other day everyone was getting hyped for the reveal event back in May. Looking forward to playing with this awesome community again.

D2 has also been the game that's pushed me over the edge to finally get a gaming PC. To much positivity from PC beta thread got me all giddy and forced metro pull the trigger.

Also like to add that Hawkian is an absolute legend and a credit to this community.

Ty

I just walked in looking for advice on clans and i'll damned if I didn't find an awesome thing happening.

Sending PM

WizzNARD

Bnet seems to be goofy on my end right now. Can't sign in at least. Just a heads up to everyone.

Had an open tab on my browser with it open and went to poke around and all of a sudden it said I wasn't in a clan anymore! But I was signed out, and the site won't let me sign in at all. App just crashes if I try to sign in

EDIT: Marvel beat me to it!

Turkoop

Banned
It's disgusting, that amount of sugar has killed me almost

I drink other energy drinks all the time, but these things are so gross. They don't give you XP btw. They give you gear. The Poptarts give you the XP boost.

ahhh shit!!!! I need to read directions better. Thanks for saving me from drinking anymore of that garbage.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah I'll be enjoying my first Pop Tarts in quite some years, it seems, but I'm gonna skip out on them Rockstars lol. They can keep their High Fructose Loot Syrup.

Yeah I'll be enjoying my first Pop Tarts in quite some years, it seems, but I'm gonna skip out on them Rockstars lol. They can keep their High Fructose Loot Syrup.

The only ones I could find were cherry. I haven't had them in years either but at least give me brown sugar cinnamon ones.

WizzNARD

Pop Tarts are fine. The chocolate chip ones are actually pretty great. The outside is like a chocolate chip cookie! With drizzle! And chocolate inside!

I don't know why I'm so excited!!!

Sane_Man

You're such a dude. Time and time again.

You've definitely inspired me to donate. Will do it tomorrow (presuming I can in the UK - i'm sure I can) and would definitely like to get involved with the picture. I need to add you to my friends list if you don't mind. To say I played D1 so much and Destiny Gaffers make up about 75% of my friends list, i'm ashamed to say I don't have you on my roster.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Looking for a fireteam for Destiny 2 launch, I can start around Wednesday, 15:30-ish GMT +3 (nordic europe) and I have thursday and friday off work so going to be playing a lot

Slide into my PM's :)

Posting here aswell as on Discord

That's sounded very dirty

I'll help ya if PS4, I'll be on Destiny 2 Bender till I crash and burn a week later and recuperate afterwards!

Bring on the Grind

Captain Patrol King back to leveling up everything!

Top Bottom