• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Dineren

Banned
It seems like no one in the other Destiny threads doesn't know the answer, so I'll ask here:

Is it safe as a EU PS4 player to get the Digital Deluxe Super Edition from the US PS store? It's almost 30 euros cheaper on the US store :O

I can't say for sure, but as I understand it, you would need a US PSN account to activate any PSN codes, if you then make that US account the primary on your console you could play on your EU account with full access to everything. I also think you would have to buy all future expansions on the US account, but I'm less sure about that.

jiiikoo

Banned
I can't say for sure, but as I understand it, you would need a US PSN account to activate any PSN codes, if you then make that US account the primary on your console you could play on your EU account with full access to everything. I also think you would have to buy all future expansions on the US account, but I'm less sure about that.

Okay. I guess I'll get the EU version then, hassle free and no worry of not being able to play an expansion or something. Thanks!

So as someone who played Destiny and expansions entirely on Xbox One, and a tiny bit of vanilla Destiny on PS4 - what would I be missing out on by switching to PS4 for Destiny 2?

T.v

So as someone who played Destiny and expansions entirely on Xbox One, and a tiny bit of vanilla Destiny on PS4 - what would I be missing out on by switching to PS4 for Destiny 2?

Nothing at all. Quite the opposite I'd say. PS4 seems to have a much larger player base, and some minor exclusive content.

ori0n378e

- Cornbread78 (rookie)
- Beltharin (rookie)
- ori0n378e (rookie)
- wiesga01
- Pandora012
- Night_Knight

Be ready to carry the noobs Friday night!

I'll be on a little earlier, but we'll party up about 10:50 or so. Are your forum names the same as your PSN?

This is awesome, thanks everyone!

Thanks for the Raid run through! It was fun!!!

Thanks for the Raid run through! It was fun!!!

*patiently waits for Pandora to post the videos of her incriminating herself during Aksis*

giphy.webp

Dineren

Banned
I meant more in terms of character transfer/rewards etc. have they revealed any of that?

Emblems for completing the moments of triumph books (or partial completion), an emblem for level 7 in the age of triumph book, and an emblem for a grimoire score over 5000. They've said there is more coming as well, but they haven't said what.

Everything they've said about it is here.

is there a list somewhere with all the PS4 exclusive content? I'll be getting it on PC but might be tempted to pick it up on PS4 too.

edit* eh nvm it's just a pvp map, weapon, ship, and a strike. i'm a bit disappointed about the strike. don't care for the map/weapon/ship though.

phen0m24

Guys, stop buying pop tarts and rockstar energy drinks. Please don't get fat for the vidya gamez

My kids like the Pop Tarts. Rockstar is just naaaaasty though. Lik when are we going to raid again...

I meant more in terms of character transfer/rewards etc. have they revealed any of that?

Ghost the only thing about those rewards.. Every time I think about it, it reminds me of the stuff we got for finishing the "Triumphs." We got an ugly emblem that nobody wore, couldn't delete, and immediately replaced. Is anyone going to care that we played D1 for too many hours and stop playing to look in awe at........ our emblem? The first cool looking emblem drop from a package or faction will replace whatever "rewards" we got. My $.02.

I'm seriously considering re-buying D2 on the NZ PSN store for... like a 14 hour head start.

What. Is. Wrong. With. Me?

Your sleep schedule is already screwed up beyond recognition... Sleep deprivation may be getting to you. Or you've been drinking Rockstar while downing Pop Tarts. ;)

JayHayabusa

Any PSN clans still recruiting?

Mindlog, noomi, Kadey, Marvel, any of you still adding to your clans.

I'm open to join any PS4 clan really. DGAF is full of cool people

If someone can add me, I'm jayforone on PSN

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm seriously considering re-buying D2 on the NZ PSN store for... like a 14 hour head start.

What. Is. Wrong. With. Me?
pretty sure I got you beat since I just ordered the white ps4 pro... despite already having the game preordered in multiple ways. I didn't know you could region-hack like that though, crazy

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupId=988011 Ours is totally open if interested!

shermas

I'm in the same boat. Picked up a ps4 after the xbox E3 presentation and think I'll be using the ps4 for most of my D2 playing. I'll double dip, but I'm not too worried about the old stuff (emblems, whatever).

Add me on psn. Shermas78

Marvel

could never

Plenty still have space! Head on over to the clan recruitment thread and simply click on the clan image you wish to join. It'll take you straight to the clan profile.

What is 1-1 infusion?

It's taking a 400 LL piece of gear/weapon and infusing it into say a 385 LL (or any LL below 400) and turning it into a 400 LL piece of gear/weapon.

The old system introduced in The Taken King would only allow for a max of 5-6 LL increases per infusion.

JayHayabusa

pretty sure I got you beat since I just ordered the white ps4 pro... despite already having the game preordered in multiple ways. I didn't know you could region-hack like that though, crazy

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupId=988011 Ours is totally open if interested!

Thx man. Sent request on PSN. jayforone.

Edit: Oh it's open membership. Awesome. See you guys starting the weekend of release. I'll be in Greece on vacation for the week.

bitsurugi

No 1-1 infusion in D2. Back to that Luke Smith TTK Kings Fall grind.

That is a real bummer. It also makes the vault space issue worse, since, if you want to be efficient, you will kind of have to hoard gear ''just in case''.

Where is the source of this news btw?

ori0n378e

That is a real bummer. It also makes the vault space issue worse, since, if you want to be efficient, you will kind of have to hoard gear ''just in case''.

Where is the source of this news btw?
Wait, there is still a vault space issue??? How many items can we hoard?

X-Frame

It's taking a 400 LL piece of gear/weapon and infusing it into say a 385 LL (or any LL below 400) and turning it into a 400 LL piece of gear/weapon.

The old system introduced in The Taken King would only allow for a max of 5-6 LL increases per infusion.

TTK's original infusion rate was 80% wasn't it? And if the infusion fuel item was 5 or so higher than what you want to infuse, then it'll be a 100% infusion. I could be misremembering though.

It's disappointing that they seem to be going back to this, unless there are differences this time around.

Blueblur1

So do we know if there will be any unboxing videos ahead of release? I main want to confirm what comes as separate codes in the package.

TTK's original infusion rate was 80% wasn't it? And if the infusion fuel item was 5 or so higher than what you want to infuse, then it'll be a 100% infusion. I could be misremembering though.

It's disappointing that they seem to be going back to this, unless there are differences this time around.

I don't recall the exact details, only that it was 5-6 LL max (I think) that you could gain and the percentages were a bit different for Exotics.

Edit: I don't know as maybe you could gain more LL depending on what you were infusing at the time and with what, I just remember mostly being in the 314 LL range and it becoming a huge grind with RNG on top of RNG. Got all three characters to the max 320 LL that January after TTK release and felt like I needed a break (which would come from March 7-to-about August 1st as I was playing The Division and wasn't so hot on the Destiny Spring Update - although I did return to it in August and complete everything there was to do).

BLCKATK

Yeah, no probs

Flawless Crota run tonight 11pm est:

- Cornbread78
- Hawkian
- Pandora012
- Skeletron
-
-

Need 2 more, unless Orion decides to man up, then we only need 1 more...

don't forget me! Azys_. I'm going to a going away party but I should be able to make it back at 11 pm est for this.

iFirez

I just collected a bunch of my favourite screenshots and panoramas I created of the Tower into one album: http://imgur.com/a/WWWg6

quoteforsize said:

I've called it 'Remembering The Tower' as we've all seen the intro to Destiny 2... I thought it'd be cool to have all these memories of the tower I took in once place.

FinKL

Xbox Gaf am I crazy? I preordered D2 through the Xbox store but now noticed there is a D2 Preorder Edition that comes with the Coldheart Addon. Did I mess up and buy the wrong version? I don't see the Coldheart preorder bonus DLC under my base version I bought but see it in the D2 Preorder edition

Why would they offer a D2 Base Game Edition and a D2 Preorder Edition? I'm guessing the Preorder Edition goes away next week?

Top Bottom