• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

sephi22

Destiny 2 hype is making me want to wind up my Destiny 1 trophies, as well as do some Rise of Iron which I didn't play once despite pre-ordering it.

Anyone interested in completing a raid on Heroic as well doing a clan strike? Those 2 are the trophies I need to do with others.

Kard8p3

I don't think I've ever posted in here but damn am I tempted to double dip.. I never played much of D1 on the PS4 (my highest character is 29 lmao), I don't even have a pro, and I know the game will run so much better on my pc, but... Ugh, fml.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
How many boxes of poptarts do I need to get good at Destiny 2?

I'm getting 5 boxes

That's good enough I suppose

1 to use on each class
1 to use on my main class *cough*Warlock*cough*
Last one I'll use whichever class is falling behind in XP, most likely Hunter

So yeah, if need more, get more boxes

OM NOM NOM!

Dalek

Ok since I'm making new characters this year-

What race/gender should I make my 3 classes?

I remember hearing that female hunters are the way to go. My last one was a Awoken Male Hunter.

GraveRobberX

Gotta find me some Rockstar and Pop-Tarts after work.

No to the drinks, your heart and on set pre-diabetes will thank you
Each code is for blue Engrams, 4 Engrams per week cap
Won't really be worth it on how we will scale up LL wise

Pop-Tarts go wild, but thats a lot of Pop-Tarts

I mean I have 4 boxes of 8 and 1 box of 12 coming
44 Pop-Tarts...

Yeesh!
Also try to get from Target, get free Sparrow with Target colors exclusive to them

That's what my baby bro did for me
Need recipet and I can email/text them for the codes

Lizzy

Unconfirmed Member
So about the PS4 exclusive strike, is that a strike that comes with all copies for the PS4 or just limited/collector editions?

noomi

I'm in the same boat as you, put baby down at 8pm play until 1am, get 5 hours of sleep, curse the world and work and come home and do it again :)

I wish my boy went down at 8PM, kid goes to sleep around 10PM and wakes up at 6:00AM every day :(

We are the dads of destiny.

Has there been any discussion on how the new engram system may turn out to be disruptive to simply playing and progressing through the game initially or on new/alt characters?

For example, an engram drops so you stop what your doing and go to the Cryptarch to decrypt it so you'll be wearing the highest leveled gear when the next engram drop occurs. I can't see myself doing it that often but it does seem a bit backwards.

What's the advantage of making 3 characters this time ?

Same as before...more rewards per week, change in gameplay from the different subclasses, etc.

Unless they made changes to the infusion system it will remain easy to bring your other characters up to current max LL but considering this is vanilla Destiny 2 you'll still have to go through the 1-20 leveling process.

noomi

Saving these and sending them to your sons when they go to college.

Send it to my son when he has his own kid, he needs to know!

Lol noomi my 6 year old an hour ago:

"Dad, want to grind for exotics?"

It gets better.

"I've been waiting for you to ask me that my entire life"
tumblr_nkg8g3EfMI1ssite1o1_250.gif

Turkoop

Banned
Can someone help me out?
I really want one of these collectible pins but have no credit card to purchase it, can someone buy it for me and I can send the money to him via Paypal or so. Would be so great! I wanna help!

Hyun Sai

Same as before...more rewards per week, change in gameplay from the different subclasses, etc.

Unless they made changes to the infusion system it will remain easy to bring your other characters up to current max LL but considering this is vanilla Destiny 2 you'll still have to go through the 1-20 leveling process.
There is still a cap to the rewards each character can earn each week like in year one ? Like only one nightfall / Weekly / Raid per week.

No to the drinks, your heart and on set pre-diabetes will thank you
Each code is for blue Engrams, 4 Engrams per week cap
Won't really be worth it on how we will scale up LL wise

Pop-Tarts go wild, but thats a lot of Pop-Tarts

I mean I have 4 boxes of 8 and 1 box of 12 coming
44 Pop-Tarts...

Yeesh!
Also try to get from Target, get free Sparrow with Target colors exclusive to them

That's what my baby bro did for me
Need recipet and I can email/text them for the codes
Really? Maybe I'll just not get them at all then. Blues won't do me any good. Plus I was only going to buy a rockstar and one box of poptarts so not much lost for me.

There is still a cap to the rewards each character can earn each week like in year one ? Like only one nightfall / Weekly / Raid per week.

As far as we know, yes, but we won't be 100% sure until we get to play it. There were a few things in Destiny at different times during it's lifespan that you could do 3 times a week on one character (like obtain marks from playing Heroic Strikes).

Dineren

Banned
Have they mentioned anything about vault space? I assume it's at least the same size as the current D1 vault, but I'd still like more.

phen0m24

Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves?

Hawk that post said we could use regular not Destiny specific Pop Tarts so they should work!!

Also my son said he didn't (REPEAT: DIDN'T) like Brown Sugar/Cinnamon Pop Tarts.

What have I done wrong???

Cornbread78

Hawk that post said we could use regular not Destiny specific Pop Tarts so they should work!!

Also my son said he didn't (REPEAT: DIDN'T) like Brown Sugar/Cinnamon Pop Tarts.

Those are the only real Pop Tarts. The fruity ones are for fruity people!

Turkoop

Banned
I can't stop buying the Direct Relief pins lol

For anyone who doesn't know, Bungie has a charitable wing called the Bungie Foundaion that is supposed by certain store purchases and partners with various non-profits, in this case Direct Relief for its work to assist communities in the wake of the hurricane through this pin/emblem: https://bungiestore.com/products/destiny-2-bungie-foundation-collectible-pin-with-emblem

The three things Direct Relief is doing with regard to this disaster are:
1. Directly funding local non-profit health centers and free/low-cost clinics that took a big financial hit from the influx of people needing medical care in the affected areas of Texas
2. Partnering with state-level and national health centers whose staff are being extended beyond their usual areas to provide primary care and may not have the budget to do so otherwise
3. They provide emergency supply packs to health centers in advance to be opened in times of disasters like these; several have been opened in the wake of Harvey and will need to be replaced

If you would like to help out and get the pin/in-game emblem, but don't have the financial leeway to do so, please 1) quote this post and 2) PM me your shipping address. I will gladly cover your donation.

I want DGAF to be the biggest part of this effort possible. We're a gigantic community, and we can have a real impact here. Once we all have our emblems in D2 I want to pick a day we all put them on and I'll take screenshots of my friends list to send Bungie.

You can of course also donate right to Direct Relief as well if you would prefer: https://secure.directrelief.org/sit...&NONCE_TOKEN=F3997F98AC8F07C488FB7621F737CBF9
PM'd you!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I just came back from Target and the poptarts and Rockstar cans did not have any Destiny promos on them. What gives?

I said I wasn't going to do it but I went hunting for the Pop Tarts at lunch, no luck though.

They don't need to say anything . the Light is still within https://www.kelloggsfamilyrewards.com/en_US/promotions/pop-tarts-destiny-2-Target-promotion.html

Just make sure it's one of the varieties that are on their participating list

Also you'll make it easier on yourself if you just make a Kellogg's Rewards account beforehand https://www.kelloggsfamilyrewards.com/en_US/sign-up.html

Eric WK

As far as we know, yes, but we won't be 100% sure until we get to play it. There were a few things in Destiny at different times during it's lifespan that you could do 3 times a week on one character (like obtain marks from playing Heroic Strikes).

During the PAX West opening this morning, Luke specifically mentioned that the raid is opening on Wednesday (as opposed to Tuesday) to allow players to have two weekly resets to get ready. Seems like confirmation to me that things will be at least very similar.

GraveRobberX

You let him play on a filthy Xbox I bet

All flavors of greatness go out the window once you go "Green"

#TeamBlueBalls... Wait!, I didn't think this through

They don't need to say anything . the Light is still within https://www.kelloggsfamilyrewards.com/en_US/promotions/pop-tarts-destiny-2-Target-promotion.html

Just make sure it's one of the varieties that are on their participating list

Also you'll make it easier on yourself if you just make a Kellogg's Rewards account beforehand https://www.kelloggsfamilyrewards.com/en_US/sign-up.html

I was about to do then but then I realised I would need to spend $25. Not keen!

Top Bottom