• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
OK back with another noob question Destiny GAF.

What do I do with 3 strange coins? Use them while I'm matchmaking? Then I get a better chance at better gear post match? Do I need to use one before every match or does it last for like 30 mins or what? Does it only work if my team wins?

DCX

DCX
Willing to do the older raids. I lost my original character and did some raids on that one but zero with this new Titan.

I'm level 358. Help DGAF!

DCX

OK back with another noob question Destiny GAF.

What do I do with 3 strange coins? Use them while I'm matchmaking? Then I get a better chance at better gear post match? Do I need to use one before every match or does it last for like 30 mins or what? Does it only work if my team wins?
Oh you mean 3 of coins.

Use one at the beginning of a strike or crucible match. It gives you the chance of getting an exotic engrams. If you don't get one, use another at the beginning of the next match. Only use 1 at a time.

Vanillalite

Oh you mean 3 of coins.

Use one at the beginning of a strike or crucible match. It gives you the chance of getting an exotic engrams. If you don't get one, use another at the beginning of the next match. Only use 1 at a time.

My bad I probably mixed up two things. Lol

Vanillalite

For levelling up subclasses? It used to be miles quicker before it was nerfed - the biggest boost you can get for your subclass are the weekly shiro bounties

Nah I'm a noob so I mean just in general. Went from 30 to 33 like that this morning trying out crucible.

Hesemonni

Banned
Whee. Just popped my raid cherry with a bunch of randoms via LFG on King's Fall and we made it to Golgoroth. We had some problems with the gaze holding and eventually didn't do enough DPS ... and well, some random fuckery eventually leading to a bunch of dicks being invited who managed to sour it for the rest of the crew, but I had a lot of fun.

Feel free to add Xbox Live : 'Hesemonni' for occasional n00b raider dragging ;)

Shiv47

Anyone interested in a NM vault of glass? Trying to help my son finish the no time to explain quest. Maybe start in 90 mins?

That second Lyudmila looks pretty decent. Is it a bad gun and that's why no one talks about it?

Lyudmila-D

GD/LD - Army of One - Zen Moment - High Caliber Rounds/Fitted Stock/Oiled Frame

SC/SD - Crowd Control - RangeFinder - Snapshot/Fitted Stock/Oiled Frame

GB/LC - Danger Close - Spray and Play - Single Point Sling/Hand Loaded/Injection Mold

AbWd3mj.jpg

Vanillalite

OK so I have the Vestian Dynasty from the Wolves quest, but I got a better sidearm from Crucible today in the Vortigern-C.

So I went to dismantle the Vestian and it was doing one of those takes super long to dismantle. So I stopped before I finished thinking maybe the game is trying to tell me to hold on to the Vestian?

Any reason to hold onto it? Why does it have the super long dismantle time ?

FyreWulff

Vestian used to be the only non-exotic Sidearm in the game between House of Wolves and Taken King and IIRC there was no way to get it back outside of making a new character. You can get it back now from Petra, but they probably never changed it's dismantle time.

Ruze789

That second Lyudmila looks pretty decent. Is it a bad gun and that's why no one talks about it?

AbWd3mj.jpg

Pretty sure it's in the high impact pulse archetype, which means for a decent time to kill (2 bursts) you need all bullets in the bursts to get crits, but it also has low AA and base stability which makes it hard to hit those.

The high rate of fire/ low impact pulses are a lot more forgiving. Maybe something will change in the upcoming hotfix, but I think that people are looking for the mid-impacts to see a boost.

Mindlog

The Vestian Dynasty taking a while to disassemble may just be an artifact of some past event. I believe you can even repurchase the thing from Petra. Feel free to dismantle.
I have a god roll Lyudmila.
The 4 burst Pulse Rifles typically had a high TTK and since it's 4 rounds missing crits was even more costly. Hawksaw had a faster TTK and higher RoF so missing a shot wasn't anywhere near as punishing.

I keep one in the vault just in case.

Used to a slow thread. Three posts in 5 minutes. We're bumpin' again!

Ruze789

I still have never even equipped my Vestian Dynasty but just can't bring myself to dismantle it due to that dismantle time. I got a decently rolled Queen's Choice also, but I haven't tried that out either.

Vanillalite

Thanks Destiny GAF!

You guys and gals are a treasure trove of wealth and knowledge that you so kindly share with a noob like me.

BHK3

Banned
I only have Vanilla Destiny, no DLC no nothing. Is it possible to still get the platinum? I'm reading conflicting information regarding something about exotics and raids and clans and levels...I've been solo this whole time, not even sure why the games online only. Haven't done a thing that would require an internet connection.

I only have Vanilla Destiny, no DLC no nothing. Is it possible to still get the platinum? I'm reading conflicting information regarding something about exotics and raids and clans and levels...I've been solo this whole time, not even sure why the games online only. Haven't done a thing that would require an internet connection.

Platinum is for the base game, so yes you can get it without owning any dlc.

However, there are trophies that require you to be part of a clan and complete strikes and raids with clan members, and the hardest of them all - flawless raid. These are not possible solo.

Your characters are stored on the server so it is always online, and activities like patrol are set in social space where you can find and interact with other players. It's a social game after all :p

zethren

Banned
So I'm a bit confused about what's being buffed on Tuesday. Slower ROF auto rifles?

If so, I'm pretty glad about that. I have an old An Answering Chord in my box that was one of my favorite guns in the game for a while. Might infuse it up to a better ATK and pull it out for some use then.

Foxxsoxx

So I'm a bit confused about what's being buffed on Tuesday. Slower ROF auto rifles?

If so, I'm pretty glad about that. I have an old An Answering Chord in my box that was one of my favorite guns in the game for a while. Might infuse it up to a better ATK and pull it out for some use then.

All auto rifles, slow autos most of all along with slow pulses and sorta kinda hand cannons with better first shot accuracy but worse range and more severe drop-off.

People seem to think that Autos aren't getting a huge buff as on the stream they were using the raid one which has focussed fire

Best to see what rises to the top on tuesday

BHK3

Banned
Platinum is for the base game, so yes you can get it without owning any dlc.

However, there are trophies that require you to be part of a clan and complete strikes and raids with clan members, and the hardest of them all - flawless raid. These are not possible solo.

Your characters are stored on the server so it is always online, and activities like patrol are set in social space where you can find and interact with other players. It's a social game after all :p

I havent seen anything social about it, I mean I see other players in the shop places but other than that it's always empty. This actually feels exactly like borderlands but the loot is dumbed down which I like a lot, no tons of stats and it's simply whats a higher number that I keep. I have my thing set to public and I completed the first raid alone, took forever to kill level 8 enemies for some reason even though I was level 12 at the time. I know whats DLC and whats not but I read you can't get to level 40 or something or theres only 1 vanilla exotic left for the trophy.

I have my thing set to public and I completed the first raid alone, took forever to kill level 8 enemies for some reason even though I was level 12 at the time.

Hiya, I think you mean strike. They have matchmaking and are 3 person activities, whilst the first raid us level 27 and needs 6 people. Level 8 is the very first strike, Sepiks Prime, was there a giant purple ball at the end?

The social side of the game comes from outside of the game. Hanging around this OT and other forums or clans. Then creating PS or Xbox parties to take on strikes/nightfall/raids.

You can message people in the tower or on patrol but most people ignore those:(

I havent seen anything social about it, I mean I see other players in the shop places but other than that it's always empty. This actually feels exactly like borderlands but the loot is dumbed down which I like a lot, no tons of stats and it's simply whats a higher number that I keep.

I have my thing set to public and I completed the first raid alone, took forever to kill level 8 enemies for some reason even though I was level 12 at the time.

I know whats DLC and whats not but I read you can't get to level 40 or something or theres only 1 vanilla exotic left for the trophy.

What you completed was a strike, not a raid. Raids are 6 player activities that require a pre-organised fireteam to complete.

Player population is super low these days so it's no surprise that you're not seeing other players in strikes or patrols. Since you only have vanilla, your progress is limited to level 30.

You don't need to collect all the exotics for the platinum trophy, and I'm sure you are missing the strike and raid trophies if you only play solo...

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I have a feeling my grasp will still be my go to. For closer range, handcannons on super close maps.

There is going to be a lot less kamikaze shotgunners that's for sure.

It's generally been considered an unfeasible archetype but it's getting a boost tomorrow with a slightly faster (1 frame) firing rate so who knows? The mid-impact pulses are not getting touched, I don't believe.

So after maybe 20 hours I got a Eyesluna: Best set up with what I got?

Truesight IS-Fastdraw IS-Quickdraw IS

Rangefinder
Snapshot-Renforced Barrel-Oiled Frame
Mulligan.

So Truesight has a hell of a kick to the side.or maybe it was reinforced that was causing it to kick so hard.

Help, Maybe the roll is not a good one.

So after maybe 20 hours I got a Eyesluna: Best set up with what I got?

Truesight IS-Fastdraw IS-Quickdraw IS

Rangefinder
Snapshot-Renforced Barrel-Oiled Frame
Mulligan.

So Truesight has a hell of a kick to the side.or maybe it was reinforced that was causing it to kick so hard.

Help, Maybe the roll is not a good one.

Eyasluna has a side to side recoil so you have to master that, go on patrol and spam it at a wall and watch the recoil then work out how to hold the thumbstick to control (slightly down and left works for me). Rifled's better but not as important on HCs as you have to pace your shots, so reinforced will work as you'll know you've left enough time to let your barrel settle

I just tested my rescue mag PC+1 on inside and outside spawn on burning Shrine and it's possible to have ammo within 10 seconds of a round :d

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9mY5TRfpnI

Edit someone went back through the stream and found this https://clips.twitch.tv/bungie/GoodQueleaVaultBoy special dropped when he killed the guy

Kalamari

Don't go to Discord, stay here and talk with us.

Besides, I heard everyone in Discord likes things that any normal person would hate. Such as microtransactions in video games, pineapple on pizza, and Justin Beiber.

Don't go to Discord, stay here and talk with us.

Besides, I heard everyone in Discord likes things that any normal person would hate. Such as microtransactions in video games, pineapple on pizza, and Justin Beiber.

I may or may not like 2 of the three things mentioned.

i'm still willing to drop 20 bucks for the blacksmith shader.

Top Bottom