• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

so I've been playing on and off again since a month or so ago, got myself to 389 now via soloing. I'm wondering if there's any group doing the new raid today that can let me tag along, kinda learn the steps and what not. I've done the Oryx raid before so at least I won't be completely useless, I think. anyway, PS4 player Beholder-Y, 389 Warlock, send a message if anyone can use me.

Mindlog

👀

Pineapple on Pizza. Animals. I hope tomorrow's patch makes all cooldowns 30 seconds longer for PvE and 30 seconds shorter for PvP.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I always get pineapple on Pizza. Always.

Bungie will nerf that as quick as they see it. Because red bars, netcode problems, and other things are less important than something like that.

zethren

Banned
Heads up, I'm not sure if this was announced or is common knowledge. But I just saw a Sugary Shell for ghosts drop in a crucible match. I'm assuming for Valentine's Day.

pablito

Don't go to Discord, stay here and talk with us.

Besides, I heard everyone in Discord likes things that any normal person would hate. Such as microtransactions in video games, pineapple on pizza, and Justin Beiber.

I take back my second request for the Discord info. Can't deal!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Newbie Raiders from thursday, please quote this post if you're around and want to get the Aksis kill at 9pm EST.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Heads up, I'm not sure if this was announced or is common knowledge. But I just saw a Sugary Shell for ghosts drop in a crucible match. I'm assuming for Valentine's Day.

All of last year's Valentines stuff is in the loot table for some time now.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So the five from Thursday were bach, Angry Guy, Worthy, Ayz and netguy. Would love to get as many of them the kill as possible but if any don't show up, I'll grab:

-pablito
-Beholder
-Anyone else who wants in?

Hedera

So the five from Thursday were bach, Angry Guy, Worthy, Ayz and netguy. Would love to get as many of them the kill as possible but if any don't show up, I'll grab:

-pablito
-Beholder
-Anyone else who wants in?
If you end up needing people to fill spots I could be of use. I'll keep an eye on the thread.

vctor182

Well tomorrow I will take this gun for a few matches
ytJnrqu.jpg

Let's see how it handles after the update.

So what' the next step in getting good in Destiny? Sometimes I feel like I'm starting to figure it out, get like 16 kills, one time I even got 26. Then, the next match, it just seems like the guys are playing on another level completely! A few times, at the end of the round I realized people were dropping (6 vs. 4) but but sometimes I'm just getting killed over and over again. I get some time there's maps I'm not familiar with, and generally, I'm that good at shooters because the camera control in first person is just not something Ive mastered.

But hand-cannon kills? Yeah, can't get one.
Scout rifles seems to lose too often.
Auto rifles are good, but soooo weak.
and Shotgun feels like 50/50

Is it really just about continually playing and improving at this point and finding weapons that work for you.

So what' the next step in getting good in Destiny? Sometimes I feel like I'm starting to figure it out, get like 16 kills, one time I even got 26. Then, the next match, it just seems like the guys are playing on another level completely! A few times, at the end of the round I realized people were dropping (6 vs. 4) but but sometimes I'm just getting killed over and over again. I get some time there's maps I'm not familiar with, and generally, I'm that good at shooters because the camera control in first person is just not something Ive mastered.

Is it really just about continually playing and improving at this point and finding weapons that work for you.

The success you get and then getting stomped is intentional. This game has skill based matchmaking. M3aning the better you do the harder oponants you face.

But practice practice. Some weopons have completely different feels. It takes awhile getting used to them.

Ji66a-Man

It's been a while since I've made one of these. Anyone down for WotM HM x3 with Aksis CM on reset day 5pm PST? My usual LFG rules apply: be 390+ LL with at least 5 WotM HM clears.

1) me
2) Ruffles
3) Gutz
4)
5)
6)

ViciousDS

Banned
pineapple on pizza is the shit

If they delay this patch

it probably has to do with the infinite bladedancer/HAMMAS glitch lol

Infinite sun hammers......god crucible would be hilarious

Huge lineup at Tyra to get that T12 Skorri's.

Pineapple is great on nachos as well as pizza.

Not all guns are created equal— use a fast or slow scout rifle, not one of the ones in the middle. The slow scouts demand perfection to be competitive, but if you can land those three head shots they are very effective.

Choosing a fast or slow AR is also the thing to-do after today's patch (though middling ARs are more competitive than middling scouts).

Just stick with hand cannons. Use them in PvE to learn about pacing your shots, which you have to do the farther away the target is due to bloom.

Shotgun trading: get better at movement and map knowledge to avoid fair gun fights. This is true with any gun fight but if you both have one-hit kill guns then you need to get your first lethal shot off well before they do.

deviant1

Was home sick yesterday and got these 3 fun weapons in the span of an hour. I love playing around with new weapons and perk combinations in this game.

Pretty godly roll on this.
Em8t0uQ.png

Fun for PVE. Feeding Frenzy + Outlaw +AR reload gloves = insane reload speeds.
9eoj1bN.png

This could be awesome for PVP if the buffs to this archetype turn out to be good.
7deMyKZ.png

pablito

Thanks Hawkian and others for the WOTM win last night. Fun stuff.

Thanks Robdraggoo for helping me learn it.

Anyone wanting to do the other raids or try some HM learning, just shoot me a PM or FR on PSN. I'm always down.

The vendor Parthian Shot is pretty awesome. It's not perfect, but I took it into the Crucible last night and did really well with it. It's going to be even better with the buff to the archetype.

This could be awesome for PVP if the buffs to this archetype turn out to be good.
7deMyKZ.png

I used this gun for months. It's fantastic. While it wasn't the meta, it was still really good in PvP before this recent buff. It's one of my favorite auto rifles.

Hedera

Whats DIM?
Destiny Item Manager. It's a chrome (?) app that allows you to move gear and items between your characters instead of doing it through the game itself. Nowadays it has more features like building loadouts and stuff like that.

Bungie's website can also do this kind of things but I find this app much smoother to use.

Top Bottom