• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

I conceptually get that but since this patch was basically just balancing and not fixing something critical, why not hold the patch? The meta that this is meant to fix has been this way for going on a year already, would a few extra weeks have tanked the game for everyone?

The following

Yeah. And it's more data if they choose to look at it that way while they put another patch together (along with Skorri's change?).

In a nutshell.

CLBridges

Auto rifles seem to decent, I've been playing around with Shadow Price. Kinda wished they would've buffed versus nerf overall, but oh well. Horizon soon then on to ME: Andromeda.

tfw Control on Anomaly

and not a single shotgun in sight

banderas.png

SIDEARM META

Right. Jade rabbit for life from now on

Jesus christ, can they stopp nerfing everithing? I liked my voidwalker. What's the point of my nothing manacles now?

I'm going to check in game in a bit, but that life Regen change sounds bleh. I already don't play PvP that much anymore, but this might be it.

So, ME:A comes out in a month. I put 200h+ into the multiplayer and started late. I would play right now because it was that good.

There are 2 MP modes for Andromeda. I expect to see some of you there as well.

Edit: And your Nothing Manacles may very well do nothing. Exactly what it says on the tin.

Dthomp

Looking forward to playing later, wish I would not have dismantled half my vault a few months back because "Why would I use any of these guns". Had god roll Parthian Shots, Spare Change, and some various sidearms that are probably very good now :/

Melchiah

So, ME:A comes out in a month. I put 200h+ into the multiplayer and started late. I would play right now because it was that good.

There are 2 MP modes for Andromeda. I expect to see some of you there as well.

I'll be there. Fingers crossed, that it will be as good as ME3's multiplayer was.

vctor182

To be fair, thats been a Bungie motto since halo2 ever since they removed the CE pistol and never brought it back.

Year 1 of Destiny was very very fun, year 2 was fun and year 3 so far is chores. I was expecting a better weapon/class tuning but I have to agree with Zoba; it feels like they're just using Destiny 1 as a testing environment for the sequel.

Shiv47

in 6s, secondaries are basically dead unless it's a sidearm or exotic. it's way more fun until supers come up...

dunno about 3s tho

I'm more annoyed by the effect on PvE, which I still play, than crucible, but it sounds like it might make 6s more interesting. I'd like to try out my auto rifles and see how they are now. I was one of the weirdos who liked sidearms, but never used them as Matador was king.

FyreWulff

Ugh, doesn't sound very good at all...

Where are the exotic weapon changes? NLB flinch correction? Bungie? lol?

What the fuck.

They want to do NLB flinch change but the way NLB is hooked up in the game makes it a longer/more difficult change.

At this point, anyone still playing Destiny "for fun" is wasting their time. It's clear as day with changes like "disable HUD and Radar when Blinking for a short time" that Bungie is using the live game as a testing bed for Destiny 2. You all are guinea pigs being subjected to cruel and unusual (and perhaps more often, completely stupid) balance decisions in the name of science.

The Truth change is long overdue though. That stupid rocket launcher should have never been buffed.

Of course, but I'm still of the belief that they're still going to just bring everyone up to the same client. I don't think you're going to have a "Destiny 1" to play come 2's release anyway, unless you have a 360 or PS3.

glaurung

OK Bongo you nerf all the guns that I like, but where's the Vault space solution that was promised after the launch of Rise of Iron? Still not manifested, fucknuts?

FyreWulff

OK Bongo you nerf all the guns that I like, but where's the Vault space solution that was promised after the launch of Rise of Iron? Still not manifested, fucknuts?

I think the Kioskification of all the events is part of that solution.

They'll probably, I'm guessing, eventually kioskify or make books for the raids and that's how you pull out raid gear in the future. Maybe. I wonder if that'd kill reset raiding.

Dthomp

I'm more annoyed by the effect on PvE, which I still play, than crucible, but it sounds like it might make 6s more interesting. I'd like to try out my auto rifles and see how they are now. I was one of the weirdos who liked sidearms, but never used them as Matador was king.

6s looks crazy, watching a few streamers. Not sure if it's more noticeable because people are holding back trying new things, but GRENADES EVERYWHERE!, and everybody seems to be using sidearms. Special seems to ALWAYS be up so I think once people are done testing out stuff they'll go right back to shotgunning which I've seen some of.

6s looks crazy, watching a few streamers. Not sure if it's more noticeable because people are holding back trying new things, but GRENADES EVERYWHERE!, and everybody seems to be using sidearms. Special seems to ALWAYS be up so I think once people are done testing out stuff they'll go right back to shotgunning which I've seen some of.

Shotguns aren't worth the effort, if you die at the wrong time you'll have no ammo so why even risk it, sidearms never lose any so you'll never run out

deadduck

Lol, loved this patch tonight.

Handcannons hit the mark , no more apes with shotguns and jug shields. Sidearms doing some serious work.

Health regeneration fix not great, but if they would fix one thing I wish they'd flinch NLB.

Would anyone mind helping me finish the Iron Tomb mission? Just got back into the game and want to knock this one out right quick. At the end now. PSN ErnieMcCracken

Simbo

Neo Member
Lol, loved this patch tonight.

Handcannons hit the mark , no more apes with shotguns and jug shields. Sidearms doing some serious work.

Health regeneration fix not great, but if they would fix one thing I wish they'd flinch NLB.

I'm with you.

Loving the changes. It's refreshed The Crucible....for the time being anyway.

Hand cannons feel great again.

Mindlog

Flux Grenades no longer stick. They were too flexible and deadly with the ability to stick to enemies.

Balance has been all downhill since they removed wallbanging.
H5N4jzz.gif

Ji66a-Man

Reposting since it's almost start time. Anyone down for WotM HM x3 with Aksis CM at 5pm PST? My usual LFG rules apply: be 390+ LL with at least 5 WotM HM clears. Sorry netguy, you don't clear the rule hurdle.

1) me
2) Ruffles
3) Gutz
4) Der godfather
5) robdraggoo
6)

So, I haven't played Destiny since vanilla, but there's a store here selling the Taken King Legendary Edition for $12. Will there be plenty of content if I pick this up or is Rise of Iron pretty well essential?

Just read the patch notes for the new one. Do they want every subclass to just be the same thing? Stormcaller Melee was so epic...

It was also 100% broken and overpowered. Even then, with this patch Stormcaller melees still have more range than any other melee ability in the game.

AbossSo.jpg

^^^ This is just not okay lmfao.

Top Bottom