• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

LTWood12

I am Warlock.

Happy Birthday Unstable!
0mJmNRZ.gif

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I ran into krafty in patrol and he was just standing on a rock staring at God knows what.

hYXfNEf.jpg

Happy birthday stable.

Looking to run trains tonight. Vanilla coffee with hazelnut creme is keeping up and making me hyper.

I think it would be fair to bring back specials but just nerf the amount you get on spawn and pick up.

I'm on XB1, feel free to add me. Zethren117

Just send a message that you're from GAF and I'll accept!

Edit: this goes for anyone here on XB1 of course!
I am also on xb1. I will definitely send you a message.
Edit: anyone on xb1 know if there are any good destiny clubs to join? I am hoping to eventually get to the point where in can do the nightfall stuff.

Lee

I am also on xb1. I will definitely send you a message.
Edit: anyone on xb1 know if there are any good destiny clubs to join? I am hoping to eventually get to the point where in can do the nightfall stuff.

There is a DestinyGAF club (not very active) and a larger NeoGAF club. I honestly haven't delved into the clubs and LFG too much at this point. Feel free to add me on Xbox and send me a party invite when you see me online (rare these days) and I'll be happy to help you with the nightfall or whatever else. Gamertag is "Lee", same as on here.

I am hoping to eventually get to the point where in can do the nightfall stuff.

During fun weeks, I'll run the nightfall with anyone that wants to even if I've already done it. XB1 is same as GAF. Just send me a message or a party invite if I'm not in a party, even if I'm not playing Destiny. Happy to do strikes and PvP too.

I've already done everything (
except well at Trials
), so I don't generally seek out people to play with, but I like playing the game.

Iron Banana is a great way to go up in light if that's a goal for anyone.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Only the first PoE part has matchmaking, the rest of them you'll be on your own unless you party up with other players. It isn't really necessary to complete unless you're looking to complete grimoire cards, but I do personally like to try and complete everything at least once in this game.

Skolas fight was pretty fun, though I first did that in Year 2, so he wasn't that tough anymore. Heard that he was quite a challenge back in year 1.

Thanks for the info!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
You were faster than anybody so the spot is yours. This session powered by Beef and Broccoli.

And Happy birthday to Ape too.

LTWood12

Yesterday and today, two different people from DGAF have reached out to me privately and been incredibly kind. When I reflect on the time we've all spent here together over the last 2 1/2 years, it's extraordinary the relationships that have formed amongst us.

For all the complaining I might do about bloom, or nerfs, or weapon parts; it pales in comparison to the good I've received due to the game and the community we fostered from it.

Anyway, thank you DGAF.

Dthomp

Anybody looking to squad up for the Iron Banana? Great way for increasing LL, as well as fun factor.

PSN-Dthomp

Dthomp

Thanks for the games tonight, early train and later one. Hoping to be on alot this week, maybe some of these new players will join up and play

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Good games everyone. We actually did pretty good. Only lost like a few games.

I think I'm done with IB for this week. Up for other crucible though.

deviant1

I was excited for Iron Banana to be back. Hopped into my first match and was pitted against a full team of 6 laggy red bars from Germany.

AH_Eat.gif

I got so frustrated trying to use Chaperone last night. First time playing PvP with the patch and I really dislike not having special ammo when I want it. Apparently I'm a hipster because I feel opposed to using my otherwise beloved sidearms now that everyone else is using them.

I ran into krafty in patrol and he was just standing on a rock staring at God knows what.

Probably pondering one's existence as an imposter (Realkrafty vs Realkraftyy).

Hesemonni

Banned
Just had my first experience with WotM yesterday and everything was nice and dandy until Aksis during which the party sucked and we failed to down him.

But the thing that surprised me the most was how short the raid is. Siege engine isn't even a proper boss, but you can really tell the whole thing was rushed through development. Which is a pity since the setting (Siva) began growing on me only lately.

you can really tell the whole thing was rushed through development.

Huh. The raid itself feels pretty well designed to me; it's the rest of the expansion that feels underwhelming. Pretty sure that the length was a deliberate choice and isn't an unpopular one. The encounters all allow for creative loadout choices if you wish, and allow for clutch plays by a few people to save the day and complete an encounter.

I just won first prize in the Xbox Live Hidden Valley watch to win contest, so I got $15 in xbox live credit. Is rise of iron worth buying if I mostly play alone and just do strikes and such? Do you get better gear since my LL is currently 325.

Arrrammis

I just won first prize in the Xbox Live Hidden Valley watch to win contest, so I got $15 in xbox live credit. Is rise of iron worth buying if I mostly play alone and just do strikes and such? Do you get better gear since my LL is currently 325.

Yes to both, the story is pretty ok and it opens a lot more content, even for solo players.

Deku Tree

Yes it's fun and worth it and you can also play Iron Banner solo this week if you want some low key fun PvP. Iron Banner is about once a month. You can get up to LL 400 with Rise of Iron even playin solo

Yes to both, the story is pretty ok and it opens a lot more content, even for solo players.

Thanks for the reply. My wife just mentioned to me that Mass Effect is coming out soon so I think I will save the money for that instead. sucks cause I really did like TTK and I wanted to check out RoI. Oh well maybe it will be on sale one day.

Yes it's fun and worth it and you can also play Iron Banner solo this week if you want some low key fun PvP. Iron Banner is about once a month. You can get up to LL 400 with Rise of Iron even playin solo

That is the main thing I want. I tried to do a story mission last night that my LL was okay for but I still got hopelessly stomped.

MechDX

Get it! We can run some Siva strikes and I'll do Iron Banner with you. LL up in no time

Dthomp

I think I've found my problem with IB. The rewards for IB just aren't even close to what you can get playing regular crucible. Out of the entire library for Y3 IB, maybe Distant Star and RIP Clever Dragon were good gunds, but alot of trash in here to play for.

Idea- Make previous IB guns and armors end of game rewards randomly during IB. I'd take almost any Y2 IB gun over the y3 version. Cause as is, after finishing bounties on my other two characters the rewards aren't worth the effort. Plus this new sweet meta makes IB Sidearm War vomit worthy

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I got so frustrated trying to use Chaperone last night. First time playing PvP with the patch and I really dislike not having special ammo when I want it. Apparently I'm a hipster because I feel opposed to using my otherwise beloved sidearms now that everyone else is using them.

Probably pondering one's existence as an imposter (Realkrafty vs Realkraftyy).

That explains why he was getting his ass kicked by dregs.

I'll be up for some regular crucible tonight.

trying to finish my IB bounties on my Hunter and got into a game where everyone has yellow bar except me. can't shoot anyone since they keep teleporting around (not that my aim is anything to talk about in the first place). come on Bungie! at least put me with somebody with the speed in connection!

komaruR

I think I've found my problem with IB. The rewards for IB just aren't even close to what you can get playing regular crucible. Out of the entire library for Y3 IB, maybe Distant Star and RIP Clever Dragon were good gunds, but alot of trash in here to play for.

Idea- Make previous IB guns and armors end of game rewards randomly during IB. I'd take almost any Y2 IB gun over the y3 version. Cause as is, after finishing bounties on my other two characters the rewards aren't worth the effort. Plus this new sweet meta makes IB Sidearm War vomit worthy

i just find IB is for getting lv400 special and heavy weap to use for infusion lol

Top Bottom