• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Lnkn52

You guys are not reading between the lines. Losing our gear is obviously the story plot. We have to fight the darkness to retake our beloved GHorns.

/s

Well, two VoG pictures in their teased pending-announcement-stream announcement.

Thanks for the advice, I havent looked into the armsday stuff at all so far but I will check it out now.

There are four different auto rifles he can sell— ARI-45, ARI-41, Zarinaea-D, and Arminius-D, of the slow, medium, medium, fast archetypes, respectively. If you look your favourite blue AR up on a stats website, you can find its rate-of-fire and impact values— 100/2, 88/8, or 77/28, which correspond to fast, medium, and slow. Then just wait for a package for the type you want to be for sale and pick it up Wednesday-Saturday and hold on to it until he brings a roll you want (and if he doesn't, don't cash it in). Meanwhile, rank him up with the shitty test weapons to allow you to carry more packages and more choices when they arrive, not to mention the class-exotic and legendary weapons (if Titan, the exotic is an AR, and despite what anyone says is pretty decent).

Honestly? I'd love if they put some thought and lore into us losing our gear. I don't expect it, but it's better than just ignoring it. Especially if we're keeping the looks of our current characters.

Well, two VoG pictures in their teased pending-announcement-stream announcement.

In the Age of Triumphs shield image they used in the update there's iconography for all 4 of the raids. I'm pretty positive they're coming back in some form of weekly challenge.

A fresh start sounds great. Do we get to keep our resources? If not it will be a waste of motes, coins, shards, etc

Edit: all will be gone. Well, the grind starts anew. I wonder which will be my white whale on year 3?

I assume the tower/traveller will be attacked by the Cabel in a cutscene opening to Destiny 2.

In the Age of Triumphs shield image they used in the update there's iconography for all 4 of the raids. I'm pretty positive they're coming back in some form of weekly challenge.

Oh shit, missed that. Nice.

Deku Tree

If they are gonna bring back crota they better fix the glitches. That encounter is still full of bugs. I expect that they won't though....

There are four different auto rifles he can sell— ARI-45, ARI-41, Zarinaea-D, and Arminius-D, of the slow, medium, medium, fast archetypes, respectively. If you look your favourite blue AR up on a stats website, you can find its rate-of-fire and impact values— 100/2, 88/8, or 77/28, which correspond to fast, medium, and slow. Then just wait for a package for the type you want to be for sale and pick it up Wednesday-Saturday and hold on to it until he brings a roll you want (and if he doesn't, don't cash it in). Meanwhile, rank him up with the shitty test weapons to allow you to carry more packages and more choices when they arrive, not to mention the class-exotic and legendary weapons (if Titan, the exotic is an AR, and despite what anyone says is pretty decent).

Thank you so much. I will hop on tonight and see what he has. I cant belive I didnt know about the Armsday stuff before.

A fresh start is exactly what Destiny needs, along with a brand new game engine.

Hopefully we see new Destiny stuff at E3.

I thought that there was a story on gaming side the other day about how Bungie has to release this year or lose a ton of stock to activision. I cant imagine they could make a new game on a new engine in such a short amount of time.

zewone

I thought that there was a story on gaming side the other day about how Bungie has to release this year or lose a ton of stock to activision. I cant imagine they could make a new game on a new engine in such a short amount of time.

They've been working on Destiny 2 for years and it already got a 1 year delay. It was supposed to launch this past Holiday season.

Thank you so much. I will hop on tonight and see what he has. I cant belive I didnt know about the Armsday stuff before.

Spoiler: no AR this week; but still, do the bounties. There's a thread on Reddit every Wednesday detailing what's for sale and what packages can be cashed in for— and much bellyaching about not getting a god-roll.

Destiny 2 has been in development for years, the pipeline is very long (e.g. the King's Fall raid was finished before Destiny 1 shipped). The stock thing was denied by Bungie.

welp good job convincing me to never buy any of your MTs

Yeah I feel the same way. I mean of all the things to not carry over, its the stuff people bought with hard earned cash through MTs which were meant to support new content coming to the game (which never panned out as it was sold).

I am disappointed that nothing is carrying over, but most disappointed at that aspect.

Mindlog

^^^
Crude hit you with the weekly Reddit thread. Very helpful for quickly checking out what rolled what.

If anyone likes scout rifles the Dis-47 for sale this week is very good and can roll into an excellent weapon.
Honestly? I'd love if they put some thought and lore into us losing our gear. I don't expect it, but it's better than just ignoring it. Especially if we're keeping the looks of our current characters.
I missed this, but I agree.
Actually The Rise of Iron presented the perfect opportunity for them to take this path.

Rasputin doesn't want humans dependent on Traveler technology.
Guardians undertake a mission which strips them from the Traveler's light.
Then as all is seemingly lost the Ghosts begin to reform. The Guardians rise again this time born from SIVA infused the Traveler's Light. Alien tech made human.

Oryx comes back in a cinematic and is going to destroy the university and you see guardians trying to fight armies of vex cabal and hive and then the speaker comes out and smiles and teleports the guardians to an alternate universe and destiny 2 is called A Planet Reborn.

Just rip off the ff11 thing. Thats like the best thing.

Oryx comes back in a cinematic and is going to destroy the university and you see guardians trying to fight armies of vex cabal and hive and then the speaker comes out and smiles and teleports the guardians to an alternate universe and destiny 2 is called A Planet Reborn.

Just rip off the ff11 thing. Thats like the best thing.

pretty sure that's FF14, not 11.
/pushes nerd glasses

and I think I heard some "leaked news" saying Destiny 2 is about Cabals moving in and destroying the tower or earth or some junk. maybe just speculation thou, so don't take that too seriously.

While we're at the subject, do we have any Cabal weapons we can use? I mean, we have Vex, Hive, Fallen and even Taken weapons, but I don't think I've seen any Cabal weaponss before. or maybe I'm just not really familiar with the lore on those?

Typical Bungie, keeping the one thing no once gives a shit about

We know that, just like us, you have grown fond of the Guardians you’ve created, so we do plan to preserve your character personalization. We are going to recognize the dedication and passion you’ve shown for this world. Specifically, the class, race, gender, face, hair, and marking selections for all characters that have achieved Level 20 and completed the Black Garden story mission will carry forward.

Typical Bungie, keeping the one thing no once gives a shit about

yea, you mean i can keep my character - the thing i made in 5 minutes and haven't cared for since you could put helmets on in social spaces - instead of all the shit i paid actual money for from the eververse?

nice to know that our priorities are in the right place. thanks bungie.

LTWood12

I know some people are mad. Not here to pass any judgement on people's view of what 'value' is. i just wanted to share what I sent to Patrick @ Waypoint,

Patrick,

Appreciate you asking for reactions to the news about characters not moving forward. I've put over 2,200 hours into the game. That's over 92 days. And it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

To me 'my character' is well, me. It's 'LT' as my DGAF crew calls me. It's not the female titan i've smashed countless enemies with, it's not the exo hunter i've killed Crota with numerous times, and it's not my awoken warlock who's self-rezzed at the last second so often to save the day. Those are just avatars. This game has given me friendships that will last for years, i've talked about my real life struggles w/ them, and they to me. I've experienced the loss of a dear dear friend I looked to as a mentor:

http://kotaku.com/beloved-destiny-community-member-dies-at-33-1785588892

I couldn't put a price on the amount of enjoyment i've gotten out of this game. On the friends I've made. The inside jokes that have spawned. The camaraderie of overcoming something that seemed insurmountable. I can't put a price on it. That's the important stuff to me, and I get to bring that with me.

Kind regards,

LT

aarcane

One match of Iron Banner and I'm done for the evening. The one thing I hope doesn't go forward to Destiny 2 is the fucking lag.

I know some people are mad. Not here to pass any judgement on people's view of what 'value' is. i just wanted to share what I sent to Patrick @ Waypoint,
Patrick,

Appreciate you asking for reactions to the news about characters not moving forward. I've put over 2,200 hours into the game. That's over 92 days. And it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

To me 'my character' is well, me. It's 'LT' as my DGAF crew calls me. It's not the female titan i've smashed countless enemies with, it's not the exo hunter i've killed Crota with numerous times, and it's not my awoken warlock who's self-rezzed at the last second so often to save the day. Those are just avatars. This game has given me friendships that will last for years, i've talked about my real life struggles w/ them, and they to me. I've experienced the loss of a dear dear friend I looked to as a mentor:

http://kotaku.com/beloved-destiny-co...-33-1785588892

I couldn't put a price on the amount of enjoyment i've gotten out of this game. On the friends I've made. The inside jokes that have spawned. The camaraderie of overcoming something that seemed insurmountable. I can't put a price on it. That's the important stuff to me, and I get to bring that with me.

Kind regards,

LT​

Well said LT

zewone

I think I spent $5 on Eververse when it first came out so I do not care.

The only thing that matters to me is D2 needs multiple raids at launch. One every 4 months shit is played out.

Deku Tree

I spent $20 on Everse and I don't regret it. But I would be mad if I spent a lot more than that expecting my purchases to carry through the destiny sequels and the ten year journey etc... Bungie gave us that impression and now they are changing their mind in order to re-sell us the same digital cosmetics all over again.

I think I spent $5 on Eververse when it first came out so I do not care.

The only thing that matters to me is D2 needs multiple raids at launch. One every 4 months shit is played out.

How about one raid per year?

Not too upset about it, TBH.

Just like college, I went alone, made a shit ton of friends, and at this point my friends list is a barren wasteland.

I'll take it for whats its worth, the run times heavily outweigh the regretful ones.

yeah, depending on how hard of a cut this is, I could see a lot of people platform hopping.

PS4 still got the exclusive rights throughout Destinys lifespan, correct? Might have to hop on it. M$ better have something good at E3 (other than Scorpio cause I aint buying that).

FyreWulff

PS4 still got the exclusive rights throughout Destinys lifespan, correct? Might have to hop on it. M$ better have something good at E3 (other than Scorpio cause I aint buying that).

afiak, we actually don't know how long that lasts. Sony did get the D1 scloovs extended to the end of this year, maybe it's being dropped for D2.

afiak, we actually don't know how long that lasts. Sony did get the D1 scloovs extended to the end of this year, maybe it's being dropped for D2.

YOPBy9k.png

Guess we'll see at E3.

anyone care for doing VOG hard tomorrow during the day? working on a quest and need somebody to help with that. what's the min light for that anyway? 250 maybe?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Yo Destiny GAF

I got that forge your sword quest line.

Where da fuq do you find hedium flakes? I got all of the other mat and 0 of these dang things.

Top Bottom