• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Everybody is on the Horizon Dawn grind. That's okay.

Yeah, I just got it in the mail too but since I'll be heading out of town tonight, I figure I'll just grind some IB for gears instead. want to set some time aside for that. however, Destiny keeps having connection issue for me. the constant "contacting Destiny server" and the code:baboon errors is driving me mad

Dez_

Anybody else around for IB or just general crucible stuff? Don't really need gear or anything. I just feel like playing some PvP.

Shiv47

Anyone available to help with exotic sword strike? Trying to help my son get his, but without potential random issues.

Hesemonni

Banned
Jay. Beat Aksis on normal. Fun fight. Today on hard and I guess it's wait for D2 after that.

Or maybe start leveling Titan...

Does anyone know when we find out what Xur will be selling tonight? I bought Hawkmoon last week but I dont like hand cannons. I am hoping he will have an autorifle tonight.

Deku Tree

Does anyone know when we find out what Xur will be selling tonight? I bought Hawkmoon last week but I dont like hand cannons. I am hoping he will have an autorifle tonight.

Xur shows up from Friday reset time to Sunday (early morning hours reset time). I think reset time is 4am or 5am EST. it changes based on daylight savings too.

Acidote

I want to get back into the game for a while and complete it's content, I pretty much abandoned it shortly after Iron Lords released. LL 343. What's the faster way to level up my LL these days? Because I don't think I should jump into IB whith my current level.

Dthomp

I want to get back into the game for a while and complete it's content, I pretty much abandoned it shortly after Iron Lords released. LL 343. What's the faster way to level up my LL these days? Because I don't think I should jump into IB whith my current level.

Regular Crucible for guns, artifacts, or class items? you can also use Archons Forge for special weapons and armors, as well as ghosts (everything but ghosts drop up to 385 I think, Ghost and artifact up to 400. Siva Heroic strikes will have blues up to 365 and 3 of coins for exotic drops that will be increases as well. I'm sure somebody has the chart that they'll post sometime

darthbob

BWU

We're putting the finishing touches on an announcement about the next content update for Destiny. For weeks now, we've been teasing relentlessly that you haven't heard the last from the Live Team. We do that not to be cruel, but to give our team the breathing room they need to finalize the details — and bring you along on the journey as best we can.

Tomorrow, we'll begin the conversation about what's next, including some fresh challenges for you to tackle and the sandbox changes that were previewed last week. This article will hit the blog at 9AM Pacific. You should expect an announcement and a reveal schedule. You'll be able to update your calendars. The countdown is about to begin.

9AM PST March 3rd, we're getting some fresh deets

darthbob

Fresh challenges, huh, like maybe Challenge Mode for legacy raids that never had them? Doubt it but maybe.

VoG Challenge mode sounds about right, I'd still like to see this finally appear in-game.

Kabr's%20Defending%20Grasp.jpg

Mindlog

There's new Destiny news?
I've been Iron Templing away in Horizon.

Pretty sure I accidentally got into an area I wasn't supposed to be twice. Once I climbed someone I probably wasn't supposed to climb and once I mountain goated my way into an enemy I wasn't supposed to kill, but I did. Can't progress in either direction because of hard obstacles. Game is fun!

Is it wrong for me to hope that there's going to be a proper goodbye mission for our guardians before Destiny 2? That's probably asking too much, huh?

Ullus

Picked up a PS4 for a nice price today and was thinking about getting Destiny, is it worth getting into stil, and if so what version should one get?

Picked up a PS4 for a nice price today and was thinking about getting Destiny, is it worth getting into stil, and if so what version should one get?

yeah, plenty of players still and you can even join a few of the new players here. if you're getting it, get the Rise Of Iron collection that has all the older DLCs.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
If there is ever a time to call the game dead it's right this moment. Zelda and Horizon taking over. And it's only going to get worse with Mass Effect, Persona and a bunch of other stuff coming out soon after.

What I'd like right now is for Bungie to just fix technical issues and do balance changes that the majority would like. Leave it like that until 2 comes out. I personally don't care for "new" content which is probably a strike or two or some minor event that does nothing in the overall scheme of things.

Jason Schreier‏Verified account @jasonschreier 4m4 minutes ago
More
Tomorrow morning's Destiny news should be very interesting!

hmmm

If there is ever a time to call the game dead it's right this moment. Zelda and Horizon taking over. And it's only going to get worse with Mass Effect, Persona and a bunch of other stuff coming out soon after.

What I'd like right now is for Bungie to just fix technical issues and do balance changes that the majority would like. Leave it like that until 2 comes out. I personally don't care for "new" content which is probably a strike or two or some minor event that does nothing in the overall scheme of things.

I imagine they don't plan on doing heavy lifting on the balance point for D1 if it's true that D2 will be in a different system, so most balance changes right now seem to be...band-aids? one would hope that the balance in 2 will be...better than what it is now.

GlamFM

Banned
Sticking with my first prediction that we are getting raids 2.0, but I´ll add that Destiny 1 is going f2p in some capacity.

>be me
>be actually enjoying destiny again
>turn on ps4 to play destiny
>realize most of friend's list is on horizon
>don't have horizon
>lose interest in playing destiny
>turn off ps4
>repeat

Deku Tree

I used to log in once a week to do the weekly crucible and weekly strike to get some free weapons skins. Then I stopped caring about doing that too.

Fourth Horseman?

Yes. It sucks for fighting mobs in PVE. Low ammo count, no range, long as fuck reload. I cant believe I spent a whole week farming strange coins and this is what I ended up with. I just want an exotic auto rifle so much. I have gone down to using a blue auto rifle since I cant get any good ones to drop.

Dez_

Yes. It sucks for fighting mobs in PVE. Low ammo count, no range, long as fuck reload. I cant believe I spent a whole week farming strange coins and this is what I ended up with. I just want an exotic auto rifle so much. I have gone down to using a blue auto rifle since I cant get any good ones to drop.

While, I'm not much of an auto rifle user, I'm pretty sure you might be better off checking the gunsmith for good auto rifle rolls for the next armsday (every Wednesday). That, or save your legendary marks for a good vendor legendary auto rifle. Save your strange coins for 3 of coins to use for any pve or pvp activity so you can have better chances at exotics.

4th Horseman is really a situational type weapon to have fun with and mess around, but it's not going to be replacing your special loadout any time soon. It also happens to be the most common special I received whenever I was trying to decrypt my special engrams lol.

While, I'm not much of an auto rifle user, I'm pretty sure you might be better off checking the gunsmith for good auto rifle rolls for the next armsday (every Wednesday). That, or save your legendary marks for a good vendor legendary auto rifle. Save your strange coins for 3 of coins to use for any pve or pvp activity so you can have better chances at exotics.

4th Horseman is really a situational type weapon to have fun with and mess around, but it's not going to be replacing your special loadout any time soon. It also happens to be the most common special I received whenever I was trying to decrypt my special engrams lol.

Thanks for the advice, I havent looked into the armsday stuff at all so far but I will check it out now.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45708/7_The-Road-Ahead

The final Destiny 1 live event is called Age of Triumphs. They're going to piece meal the actual content reveal of the event every week in March through a series of live streams. The event is set to take place at the end of March.

March 8th. Age of Triumph Reveal
March 15th. Age of Triumph Weekly Rituals
March 22nd. Age of Triumph Sandbox Update

There's some stuff about Destiny 2, but not much.

We know that, just like us, you have grown fond of the Guardians you've created, so we do plan to preserve your character personalization. We are going to recognize the dedication and passion you've shown for this world. Specifically, the class, race, gender, face, hair, and marking selections for all characters that have achieved Level 20 and completed the Black Garden story mission will carry forward. We also plan to award those veteran accounts with honors that reflect your Destiny 1 accomplishments.

Dez_

Its officially confirmed by Bungie via Jason that characters wont carry over.

Expected. I'm fine with that. Would prefer Destiny 2 start fresh and without any baggage to make this work, but going forward, if they're serious about committing to "creating your legend" or whatever marketing buzzwords they'll use, then I do expect them to do some kind of way to carry yourself forward into the sequels to come.

That or just give me an emblem and shader. I don't know.

Top Bottom