• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

.So no point in saving exotic engrams now? I got a billion.

Yeah, I got 50 in the vault.

I really don't want to get addicted to this game again before September as I have invested too much money in games, etc of late to be messing about with content I've repeated a million times already but damn if I didn't just do the Daily/Weekly story thing/whatever and boy do I miss that gameplay.

Got a Cloak of Desolation which I have the entire set already so the Triumph Mystery Box failed me in saying it was going to give me something I didn't already have, boooo...

What does a Triad Engram get you? I'm guessing Legacy (but infusable) Vanguard gear?

What's with the Weekly Mission Playlist? I did the Earth and Moon mission and I need to do 5 missions for the Speaker quest line but when I go back to the playlist it is still on Earth and Moon, please tell me they don't expect you to do the same mission 5 times to complete a quest step?

Anyone down for CoE? I need it for the Speaker quest. Just passed the first boss, sitting at the second if anyone wants to join and get it done quick.

I just logged on for the first time in a while, get into orbit... and the original orbit theme song kicks in. Fucking chills. Holy hell the nostalgia is real, so glad they brought back the old music.

It says "complete story missions in the weekly story playlist"
.Does that mean just keep replaying this 5 minute mission over and over again?

It will randomize the mission and you need to do it 5 times for the quest.

Unrelated: Drop rates are WAY better now. I'm getting more drops than ever AND in patrols, there are nodes and chests popping up way more often. Stuff like getting Hadium Flakes will be way easier now (for those who haven't done it).

pantsmith

Looking for 1 more Guardian for Crota's End for a super chill run. No experience necessary, just need to be 390+.

We're going to try for both challenge modes but wont sweat it.

Message pantsmith on psn if interested.

Edit: just filled up!

If you've been playing since launch I think its pretty doable. I'm 67% and I am not even close to the most played in DGAF.

A lot of the stuff in there is either bugged or needs to be done again. Not sure which. I spent a ton of time in Crucible and hit the Lighthouse twice and a lot of those nodes are showing zero credit (though I did get credit for the Lighthouse but nothing else for Trials). I also have credit missing for some Story missions, even though I've done all the story missions since launch. Just random little things like that.

A lot of the stuff in there is either bugged or needs to be done again. Not sure which. I spent a ton of time in Crucible and hit the Lighthouse twice and a lot of those nodes are showing zero credit (though I did get credit for the Lighthouse but nothing else for Trials). I also have credit missing for some Story missions, even though I've done all the story missions since launch. Just random little things like that.

Some of the PvP stuff won't unlock until it's done post-AoT update. Bungie said as much on the announcement stream.

Some of the PvP stuff won't unlock until it's done post-AoT update. Bungie said as much on the announcement stream.

I know. The thing is, there are other nodes that aren't unlocked that should be as well. So it's hard to say which nodes are bugged and which just need to be done post AoT because Bungie wasn't specific.

Dthomp

Looking for 3 more who want to do the new raid, likely in 20-30 minutes if possible. Would like to attempt the challenge mode as well

Crota:
1. Me
2. Shiv
3. Dez
4. McArkus

Just some stuff that continues to make you scratch your head and wonder what the thought process is during development of content/quests, for example if you are going to require 5 story missions to complete a quest step at least dedicate 5 different missions and ask the player to complete each one instead of making the grind that much worse by having the player repeat missions back-to-back or even worse due to the missions being picked at random. I got the Array mission 3 times and the Sword of Crota 2 times to complete the quest step.

...and no, going to Orbit and selecting it again is not a solution the player should have to do or consider just to make the process less grindy.

Over the course of almost 3 years we have probably spent 75% (probably being generous here) of the playtime repeating content yet they make matters worse with decisions I just described.

I got screwed over with my husk, got a wizard draw. Now how the hell am I supposed to grind out wizards to upgrade it? One yellow bar wizard gives a tiny sliver of xp; at least with Thrall I could have farmed the moon mission since they're so plentiful there, but wizards not so much. Bungie is really pissing me off with the whole make 'em grind for old weapons all over again bullshit.

Is there any quick way to get 390+ gear (and a 385+ Artifact) these days?

Vendor Gear can get you straight to 380 now. WotM Challenge Mode gear is guaranteed 385 for Normal and 400 for Hard. Weekly Raid Challenge Mode gear is guaranteed 400 (and the raids themselves are 390 so they are viable for leveling that last 10).

WotM also has a checkpoint with a guaranteed artifact or ghost.
Vendor Gear can get you straight to 380 now. WotM Challenge Mode gear is guaranteed 385 for Normal and 400 for Hard. Weekly Raid Challenge Mode gear is guaranteed 400 (and the raids themselves are 390 so they are viable for leveling that last 10).

WotM also has a checkpoint with a guaranteed artifact or ghost.
Blues drop at 385 now and decrypting legendaries at the cryptarch get you above 385 drops

I know. The thing is, there are other nodes that aren't unlocked that should be as well. So it's hard to say which nodes are bugged and which just need to be done post AoT because Bungie wasn't specific.

I've noticed issues on the allegiances page. I literally watched it change from having New Monarchy bubble filled in, to unlocking Dead Orbit and Cryptarch. I then filled in those bubbles. Then they went away later and NM came back.

My hunter has 25 in NM and FWC, but my Titan has DO and Cryptarch. So that seems to be causing some discrepancies.

Either way they will patch it eventually. Still kind of annoying though.

forrest

formerly nacire
If I own the digital versions of Destiny, Dark Below and House of Wolves and buy the physical disc version of Destiny Collection from Amazon can I just download Taken King and Rise of Iron and continue to play without the disc?

If I own the digital versions of Destiny, Dark Below and House of Wolves and buy the physical disc version of Destiny Collection from Amazon can I just download Taken King and Rise of Iron and continue to play without the disc?

I think it just comes with a vanilla dish and codes. So you should just enter codes and be digital. Not 100% on that since I'm physical.

In new Crota is that chest still there in the left when you go in? Any clue what's inside it?

They removed that chest and made it the deathsinger reward ages ago.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Once you use the sword once you are done for the duration of the whole raid? Or can you use it like first one, and then third one use it again?

Top Bottom