• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Wait, I thought it spawns an additional seeker grenade, not improve range. I bought it without checking because i trusted the db.There's already a skill to improve range do that is stupid.
an additional seeker bolt from the axion grenades, not an additional grenade. nothing to do with range. Spawning with grenade energy is the buried lead though.
Dude I make no effort to collect strange coins. I have one character, so no alt exploits. I've yet to even get a full 9 coins from doing weekly's. Still, each week I've had enough to buy multiple items from Xur. But that's besides the point. These stats you keep throwing around(from a single platform) could just be an early symptom of Destiny's base ironing out into a small but dedicated group of core gamers--in which case my worries are probably exacerbated since these are the people who you'll be interacting with the most going forward.
If I may ask, where are you getting the coins to afford multiple items every week without doing Weekly Heroic strikes?

Pretty dangerous assumption there about the playerbase. Only thing we can do is watch how those statistics progress over time. I think that the idea that all but 10% of the millions of people who purchased Destiny have already stopped playing is hilariously farfetched, but we'll see.

KxoZz

Just beat the hardmode raid for the first time. Shit was intense. Took us about 6 hours. Team was awesome. I got Epilogue and legendary ship out of it.
Have to say that bungie really aced the raid. It's just amazing when compared to the rest of the game.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Don't get your hopes up too high. It's great against Void shields but otherwise it's a style choice. If Doctor Nope style AR's are your thing, you'll love it. Otherwise it's going to take some adjusting to.
I've already used it plenty, just haven't had it equipped turning in stuff to upgrade it.

tmac456

It definitely regens over time as you can not reload. It's not a mod, it's a basic aspect of the gun, similar to element affinity on some guns.

^^^^^^^^^^^ this is correct. i've had it for a couple weeks now and have used the shit out of it. i can pretty much count the seconds in my head for when the next bullet appears in the chamber

Strider

Well I've already been killed with that Ice Breaker about 20 times. Does the thing aim and pull the trigger for you too?

I've used the Ice Breaker a ton as well as many other snipers as it's my most used special weapon type. Not joking when I say I do believe the Ice Breaker has more aim assist than other snipers.

gatti-man

Ice breakers for everyone. Pve just got easier. Im not buying since i only have enough strange to get the legendary speeder upgrade but grats to all.

Can't wait to play with my GAF crew again in next week's Heroic Raid for the clan trophy. Ice Breaker gonna make several parts easier. I got maxed Shadow Price as my alt.

You know you can get the Raiding Party trophy/Achieve from Normal right?

Can you get more rewards from Nightfall after completing it?

I beat on Tuesday, got a legendary sniper rifle :(

Nope. Only once a week will you get rewards.

EL CUCO

Took this image this morning before leaving for work. Gee do you think Warlocks are most interested in what Xur has today?

y80WChP.jpg

Got 99 problems but sunbreakers aint one.

Lmao! I woke up at 5:30am to check out Xur's stock with 60 coins on hand.

Warlock Lyfe

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Decided to run one Tiger Strike before work to see if I could get lucky and find one more strange coin for Ice Breaker.

RNGesus delivered the goods.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
so ice breaker is the one to get. I wouldn't mind getting a second piece of legendary gear even though it's that ugly as sin Hunter chest piece, but if I should go for Ice Breaker, I'll go for Ice Breaker.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Agreed. That's a better way to state what I was saying about non-hardcore. I simply meant that most players don't just roll over to Xur with 50 strange coins on a weekly basis. They have to earn the strange coins and, again, for most that doesn't happen in a week's worth of playing.
For sure. It's important to realize that you could do the following on one character over the course of a week:
  • Weekly 28 Heroic Strike
  • Weekly Nightfall Strike
  • 4 Daily Heroic Stories
  • 4 Daily Public Events
  • 6 Tiger Playlist Strikes

and walk up to Xur that Friday with a total of... 9 Strange Coins. It's entirely possible. And the above sequence of play for a single week- I know this is going to sound nuts to some of you- is more hardcore than many people are playing this game right now, despite not even including a single roll of raid loot.

Plus just do the Tiger Strikes over and over with a good group that rushes through. You will get a ton of blues which seem to produce coins fairly regularly. Plus, leveling the Crypt will give more blues and a chance for more. There is also the random chance of a lovely purple dropping at some point too.

I think this is the game plan right now. Thanks man

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Care to run through it with me and a friend right now?

Add krelac22 and GODSFAVORITE

Sorry buddy, I'm at work. Happy to help this weekend though.

And Hawkian, I had this long ass reply written up to your post a few pages back, but this thread moves so fast and people seem to have moved on that I won't bother to post it. We can just agree to disagree on the best way to entice people to keep playing in the long term. I think people need top of the line gear as a carrot to keep playing (especially with limited content) and by making the carrot easier to get, Bungie is lessening people's incentive to play (as what happened to you in Diablo 3).

Kamina

Golden Boy
So i decided not to buy the helm of inmost light because I already had another exotic. I bought the Helmet engram instead so i could get an helmet for my other characters.
Cryptard turned it to the Helmet of inmost light.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Guys I need one more strange coin to buy ice breaker... what's the fastest way to get it!?

I think this is the game plan right now. Thanks man
Yeah, if you don't have any characters to do the Weekly Heroic Strike on, this is the best plan. Save up the engrams and turn in 10+ at a time instead of hitting the tower after each strike or whatever. Don't worry about your inventory at all, everything goes to the Postmaster.

LOVE the fucking Postmaster btw.
I think that looks fantastic.

SkylineRKR

Guys I need one more strange coin to buy ice breaker... what's the fastest way to get it!?

You've done the weekly?

Running Tiger for engrams. Sometimes I get this spree of 2 or 3 coins after eachother. Public event got me one from postmaster too.

Sitting on 25 strange coins still, but I skipped Xur last week.

jred2k

I bought the exotic engram from Xur, got The Achlyophage Helm. I'm a Hunter, but I skipped buying it last week because it's ugly. Oh well, I need shards anyways.

Don't junk it just yet. The ability on the armor that gives an extra shot for Golden Gun is a god send. Especially in the raid.

anddo0

You know you can get the Raiding Party trophy/Achieve from Normal right?

Nope. Only once a week will you get rewards.

Thanks

Maybe I'll luck out and get a helm for my Hunter from Tiger Strikes.
I bought three exotic engrams from Xur and got two Titan and one Warlock helm.

Shito

Guaranteed way is to level up an alt and do Eye of a Gate Lord mission. This will give you one coin when completing it.
That's what I intend to do if I can't manage to be carried on the 28 weekly (level 25 still) and have to settle for the 6 coins one.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Does anyone know if EXP is split between guns and subclass? Should I equip all maxed weapons while trying to level my subclass?

Namikaze1

Can't wait to play with my GAF crew again in next week's Heroic Raid for the clan trophy. Ice Breaker gonna make several parts easier. I got maxed Shadow Price as my alt.
I probably won't have Ice Breaker maxed out by then. Got work, school, and alternate Titan to level up. On the other hand, Athean won't know what's coming to him. :D

Bitch is gonna go down so fast.

apparently there is a gold chest on mars that contains one strange coin. Weekly strike is your best best if you haven't done it.

other then that Tiger playlist and pray for an RNGesus miracle.

ManCannon

any Gaffers for a belated Nightfal this morningl? Need to complete on my alt, hunter 27. Proving harder to solo than on my lock. ps4 bjsketch

malfcn

Now I have the Supremacy and Icebreaker. Two solid Snipers to rotate because of the one exotic equip cap.

So when will they at least let you use more than one exotic weapon.
And then armor sets..

This week I was lazy or unlucky..only 11 motes so I can't chance another helm..

You can get a bunch (7?) of strange coins as a reward for one of the strikes - maybe the weekly heroic on level 28. But if you're 20 you'd definitely need someone to carry you through it. I don't think its very likely you'd get that many in two days, sorry :(.
not really.
God damn it. That's going to be frustrating and demoralizing.

If you haven't done the weekly heroic or nightfall yet, then yes. Otherwise, nope no chance.

Yes, if you've not done the weekly strike. Just do it on level 28 (9 coins) then use your alt (which you may or may not have) to do the level 24 for 6 coins = icebreaker for you.
I haven't done either yet. No alt though. Guess all I can do is try.

BadAss2961

Finally gonna see what all the Ice Breaker fuss is about.

I don't mind that at all that it'll be more widespread. The stronger everyone is in PvE, the better for all of us.

Homeboyd

I think they are using the ice breaker "reloading" then switching out to a full ammo P&T. I would assume this only works in PvE.
That doesn't explain the P&T infinite ammo. They said you can have infinite P&T ammo somehow. Or at least, I thought that's what they said. Maybe I'm mistaken.

Plus just do the Tiger Strikes over and over with a good group that rushes through. You will get a ton of blues which seem to produce coins fairly regularly. Plus, leveling the Crypt will give more blues and a chance for more. There is also the random chance of a lovely purple dropping at some point too.

Not rushing (With Blessing of the Gifted on) increases your chances of random drops from people you actually kill, tho. I hate rushing. V. unfun.

ah thanks. It doesn't list that in the info I had.

Np. Most sites don't list the inherent bonuses and on Ice Breaker it's shown under the damage type on the far left of the upgrade tree.

I've already used it plenty, just haven't had it equipped turning in stuff to upgrade it.

Ah ok. Just wanted to make sure you knew what you were in for.

For sure. It's important to realize that you could do the following on one character over the course of a week:
  • Weekly 28 Heroic Strike
  • Weekly Nightfall Strike
  • 4 Daily Heroic Stories
  • 4 Daily Public Events
  • 6 Tiger Playlist Strikes

and walk up to Xur that Friday with a total of... 9 Strange Coins. It's entirely possible. And the above sequence of play for a single week- I know this is going to sound nuts to some of you- is more hardcore than many people are playing this game right now, despite not even including a single roll of raid loot.

Exactly. I play a decent amount personally but I don't farm a bunch of stuff and I don't have alts. Level 29 and clear Normal Vault every week since week 2 and have completed HM Vault once. I rarely have more than 13 coins by the time Xur comes around and thus far, I've mostly bought armor from him to break down for shards and such to increase my ability to level.

People are really over-estimating the amount of the populace that can spend 17-23 coins every week on these weapons. I'll only have enough for Ice Breaker this week because I got lucky RNG on the Nightfall and got 9 coins out of it. Something that most people actually complain about when it happens.

LiK

I probably won't have Ice Breaker maxed out by then. Got work, school, and alternate Titan to level up. On the other hand, Athean won't know what's coming to him. :D

Bitch is gonna go down so fast.

I doubt I'll have any significant upgrades for it too. But I'll try to get it leveled as much as I can.

Rafterman

Banned
an additional seeker bolt from the axion grenades, not an additional grenade. nothing to do with range. Spawning with grenade energy is the buried lead though.

If I may ask, where are you getting the coins to afford multiple items every week without doing Weekly Heroic strikes?

Yeah, I'd like to know also. Without weekly strikes I still don't have enough coins to buy a single item from him and I've been playing since day one. I find it highly doubtful that ANYONE has enough coins to buy multiple items each week without trying.

Hyun Sai

That was a VERY good day.

I first bought the Ice Breaker, so I had to drop the Suros, but after levelling Rahool, I got 2 legendary weapons engrams, one of them turns out to be The Devil You Know. Just now I bought the exotic engram form Xur, I got the Skull of Dire Ahamkara (and I'm Warlock who prefers Voidwalker)...

Holy shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom