• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Now I have Red Death and Ice Breaker. Once I get Gjallarhorn, I'll have every exotic weapon I wanted before the game came out.

ibeXDQGPfeN4GM.gif

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sorry buddy, I'm at work. Happy to help this weekend though.

And Hawkian, I had this long ass reply written up to your post a few pages back, but this thread moves so fast and people seem to have moved on that I won't bother to post it. We can just agree to disagree on the best way to entice people to keep playing in the long term. I think people need top of the line gear as a carrot to keep playing (especially with limited content) and by making the carrot easier to get, Bungie is lessening people's incentive to play (as what happened to you in Diablo 3).
Sure, happy to respectfully disagree. The game's not similar to Diablo 3. If Bungie were attempting to create a similar loot-upgrade-progress-repeat system as Diablo, Torchlight, Borderlands, Marvel Heroes, etc. they would have quite failed, certainly, and Xur would be a horrible idea. But they aren't, and the things that will be needed to keep people playing are different (more content, the top line item by a long shot).

We'll just have to wait and see with regard to keeping people playing. I would nudge your attention toward the OT number and the page number up there in the corner as evidence in my corner.

edit: I just had a weird thought. Hawkmoon is the only exotic I cared about getting in the entire game. I have it. Am I weird for wanting to keep playing without that to look forward to...? I didn't even think about it until now.

Nameless

an additional seeker bolt from the axion grenades, not an additional grenade. nothing to do with range. Spawning with grenade energy is the buried lead though.

If I may ask, where are you getting the coins to afford multiple items every week without doing Weekly Heroic strikes?

Pretty dangerous assumption there about the playerbase. Only thing we can do is watch how those statistics progress over time. I think that the idea that all but 10% of the millions of people who purchased Destiny have already stopped playing is hilariously farfetched, but we'll see.

Patrol mode, public events and tiger strikes mostly. I've gotten a total of 6 coins from weekly strikes. Last week's nightfall did net me 7.

And to be fair, I'm not saying so many people have outright quit the game, but that those numbers COULD reflect the amount of people who play daily or even the majority of the week shrinking considerably since launch. Anecdotally, I'm definitely seeing this with my friends list.

E92 M3

I just finished them with my alts. Having bounties, weeklys, and the daily all on tuesday is waaaaaay too much.

And that's why I try to leave work earlier lol.

--

Am I one of the few that is considering not leveling up to 30 because the Hunter raid chest armor is so ugly?

an additional seeker bolt from the axion grenades, not an additional grenade. nothing to do with range. Spawning with grenade energy is the buried lead though.
An additional seeker is pretty big in my opinion. Couple it with enemies killed by your abilities explode, it will be pretty good for clearing mobs. Also great for PvP, those axion grenades tend to cause other players a lot of trouble. I'm imagining now in skirmish or salvage one axion grenade well track all three enemies if the travel as a pack.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
EEEEE. I love sniping and theat Hunter chest is nice. Can't wait to get home and spend muh 40 strange coins.

RedFury

That doesn't explain the P&T infinite ammo. They said you can have infinite P&T ammo somehow. Or at least, I thought that's what they said. Maybe I'm mistaken.
If that's the case I'd love to know this aswell. I'll take P&T over IceB in PvP any day. Great for counter sniping, especially now while Ice is the new hot item.

jay23

A myth that got me HAWKMOON

yah, placebo

It was so awesome when you got hawkmoon on live stream. I bought blessing of the gifted instantly. It may be a myth but I've been having a lot more luck.
probably because of the patch

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Sure, happy to respectfully disagree. The game's not similar to Diablo 3. If Bungie were attempting to create a similar loot-upgrade-progress-repeat system as Diablo, Torchlight, Borderlands, Marvel Heroes, etc. they would have quite failed, certainly, and Xur would be a horrible idea. But they aren't, and the things that will be needed to keep people playing are different (more content, the top line item by a long shot).

We'll just have to wait and see with regard to keeping people playing. I would nudge your attention toward the OT number and the page number up there in the corner as evidence in my corner.

edit: I just had a weird thought. Hawkmoon is the only exotic I cared about getting in the entire game. I have it. Am I weird for wanting to keep playing without that to look forward to...? I didn't even think about it until now.

I'll be very happy with additional content as the driver for us to keep playing. We haven't seen anything yet, so for me, it's just leveling up my 3 toons to level 30. Plus I just like the gameplay of the game - I played the strike during the beta probably 9 billion times.

As for the OT number, we'll see if we can reach 10!

Gsnap

Ok now I'm starting to get a little annoyed. I've been stuck at lvl 24 forever. I finally get a legendary engram for boots and it turns into shards. Rep takes forever to grind even with bounties.

Will I ever break through this barrier...

malfcn

Bungie please..why so many invisible walls and ceilings.

Dieing because I try to make a jump and hit nothing is infuriating.

Finally at lvl 28 and I got the ice breaker. Also gambled on the helmet engram and unfortunately got a titan one (last week was for the warlock class - I'm a hunter). All in all, not too bad.

Think I'm ready for the raid finally though. If anybody is looking for a member tomorrow or sunday, let me know.

BraXzy

All right here it is..

With Chatterwhite

With first IB shader

Thanks for posting, that does look very nice. I doubt I'll get enough motes of light before it rotates out though. Is there a solid way to get motes? I've never really actively tried.

In other news, I'm now a member of the breakers of ice club. Woop! I'm not a fan of how the scope looks but I love the whole light indicator thing for ammo.

Nodnol

You know that Simpsons episode where Homer sings MAX POWER, but crudely to the theme of Goldfinger?

I'm going that now.

Only it's......

ICE BREAKER.. Da duh duuuuh

SkylineRKR

I'm a hunter with queens chest piece. Any reason I should grab the one xur has?

Its an exotic, and better than the Queen stuff. Raspberry is pretty good. Its perks benefit Arcbolt nades, fusion rifle and heavy ammo.

But if Level 30 is your aim you should focus on an exotic headpiece, because Raid head piece is not going to drop on Normal.

RedFury

Ok now I'm starting to get a little annoyed. I've been stuck at lvl 24 forever. I finally get a legendary engram for boots and it turns into shards. Rep takes forever to grind even with bounties.

Will I ever break through this barrier...
Do you have any exotics? That's how I leveled my alt so fast. Bought an exotic for titan, leveled titan instant lvl 25 with that and a single purple item. If you did queens missions when available you could have got 2 then an exotic from xur.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm sad I missed the SUROS but you all are making Ice Breaker sound excellent. Hope I have enough coins

IB is more of a game changer than Suros (which I rarely use any more since I moved to scout rifles).

I'm wondering if we'll see new subclasses. Right now we've got:

Titan:
- Arc
- Void

Hunter:
- Solar
- Arc

Warlock:
- Solar
- Void

That leaves a slot open for a Solar Titan, a Void Hunter and an Arc Warlock. I'm imagining a Titan with a sunburst attack, and a Warlock that can shoot lighting from its hands.

ocean

Banned
I've got 27 Coins. I'd like that Icebreaker so my boss cheesiness is more effective but I wanna hold out for Suros Regime (it will be back one day, believe). Decisions.

Flo_Evans

If you have'n strange coin problems I feel for ya son, I got 99 problems but Xur ain't one...

Come along with me: Flo_Evans on the weekly heroic strike and witness the power of this (almost) FULLY OPERATIONAL BATTLE WEAPON!

Aza9SbL.png

lol this post was really cheesy. But I will help anyone that needs coins with the weekly tonight if you need it.

SkylineRKR

I have an exotic helmet. Radar one that let's me use it while aiming. I can only use one exotic at a time right? So that makes it useless to me then?

Yes but keep in mind that Raspberry is better PvE exotic than Radar (I use Radar now too and put Raspberry away, because I want level 30).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom