• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chitown B

so, helmet engram AGAIN? seriously?

At least I can buy the Ice Breaker

No but it does regen if its equipped and you use a primary or heavy.

It says:

"Missing a shot has a chance to return ammo directly to the magazine"

That's not the same as regen over time. It only regens if you miss a shot, maybe.

Are there not any exotic boots yet for the Warlock? Bought the Chest from Xur along with Icebreaker. Just need boots to complete my exotic armor set.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Missed this before! This thread still moves crazy fast. I thought you people understood that Community was a wasteland where discussion goes to die! o_o

Oh, you should. Back when Rahool was in top form, he gave me a bunch of loot for a Titan. Between that and getting a Titan Helm from Xur's mote of light engram, I leveled a baby Titan to 24 in about 6 hours.

The grind from 24 to 28 is still hard since I don't have much armor mats from breaking down junk like I did with my main.
I recommend putting blue engrams and decrypted junk blues from Tiger strikes in your vault to give to your Titan for this :)
Are there not any exotic boots yet for the Warlock? Bought the Chest from Xur along with Icebreaker. Just need boots to complete my exotic armor set.
So far, I don't believe there are any exotic boots in the game.

Also considering that you can only equip one piece at a time that's a pretty interesting endeavor XD But more power to you.

Flambe

Voidfang Vestments increases the range of axion bolt grenades (which nobody cares about), but what it also makes you spawn with a grenade ready (any grenade type). Combine it with the Sunsinger's ability to carry two grenades and you will always re-spawn with two grenades.

It's interesting.

Mm yeah that's alright lol. I like my armamentarium on titan already so

SkylineRKR

Ice Breaker is so broken, lol. Solo'd Nightfall with it. Got me a Knucklehead Radar, so I ditched Raspberry for my Prime Zealot.

And thats another thing, Nightfall is SO much easier if you do it solo... We went in with 3 guys later on, 2 Ice Breakers, but the boss wiped us.

When I was alone he died like 5 times as fast and they didn't ohko me (only Hobs, but they're gone by then).

Namikaze1

I'm trying to like it. It's pretty trash in PvP though.
Yeah, in PVP, it sucks but in PvE, my god is it a true beast.
I need to max it out. I'll probably do it after I finish leveling my 3rd titan.
I maxed it out about two weeks back. The amount of amount it can hold and carry is stupendous. Feels more like a freaking machine gun than an auto rifle. The amount I can carry tallies around 900 and that's with just a single "Carry more AR ammo" armor buff.

Navy Bean

yeah I know his character has already done that (for the 6 coins) he needs like 7 more. I could run him through hard and get him 3 more. He could grab the gold chest on mars for one. then we have to get three more.

he could level an alt and run the weekly once for three more. seems like a lot of work but the ice breaker is worth it for end game stuff.

Plus just do the Tiger Strikes over and over with a good group that rushes through. You will get a ton of blues which seem to produce coins fairly regularly. Plus, leveling the Crypt will give more blues and a chance for more. There is also the random chance of a lovely purple dropping at some point too.

Voidfang Vestments increases the range of axion bolt grenades (which nobody cares about), but what it also makes you spawn with a grenade ready (any grenade type). Combine it with the Sunsinger's ability to carry two grenades and you will always re-spawn with two grenades.

It's interesting.
Wait, I thought it spawns an additional seeker grenade, not improve range. I bought it without checking because i trusted the db.There's already a skill to improve range do that is stupid.

Temidien

Neo Member
Jesus Christ this thread moves fast for such a poor game everyone complains about...

My number one argument against haters. For a game that's so disappointing, my friends list is 80% populated with people playing Destiny weeks later and most gaming sites are still running Destiny stories daily.

The game has problems, no one is disputing that, but the parts it gets right are too solid to ignore.

Okay, I have GOT to stop you there.

This is total bullshit.

1) I tried Nightfall for the first time last night, but we didn't finish it, got wiped in the last boss fight and moved on to easier pastures.

2) I have 13 coins, but will be playing Tiger until Sunday Morning kinda non-stop in the hopes that I make it to 17 through Engrams.

3) I've now had Destiny for a month, have crested my Titan to level 27.like92socloseto28 and have focused my activities to a pretty slim amount of stuff, mostly strikes and bounty-related story missions

4) And after all that, Destiny is still the most fun game I've ever played, narrowly beating out WipEout for the crown.

So saying people like me won't be playing in four months is an hilariously off base hypothesis. Consider it refuted.

Yeah. You are completely correct. It would appear that a few of us here are having trouble with the 10,000 foot view. GAF IS NOT REPRESENTATIVE AT ALL OF THE OVERWHELMING MAJORITY OF THOSE THAT PLAY THE GAME. PERIOD.

Xur is just not an option for those that aren't "hardcore" spending a ton of time on this game. That's the reality. He's only "giving away" stuff to those that have put the time in to even visit him and, frankly, deserve to taste the carrot at the end of the stick once in a while.

Xamdou

Yup. But it takes a second to regenerate.

Ice Breaker is so broken, lol. Solo'd Nightfall with it. Got me a Knucklehead Radar, so I ditched Raspberry for my Prime Zealot.

And thats another thing, Nightfall is SO much easier if you do it solo... We went in with 3 guys later on, 2 Ice Breakers, but the boss wiped us.

When I was alone he died like 5 times as fast and they didn't ohko me (only Hobs, but they're gone by then).

I need one more strange coin to get it!!!~!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ha, just de-leveled myself from 28 to 26. Bought the exotic warlock chest from Xur and legendary gauntlets from FWC to replace my sunbreakers.
What's your build look like? Crazy thing is that Voidfang is good for both Sunsingers and Voidwalkers despite the perk. Sunbreaker "everything was solar" builds seem fun too though, hope you aren't sharding them!

Flo_Evans

Does Icebreaker regen ammo while in inventory if you're using a different gun - swapped it out for a different sniper, for example?

no.

But if you are empty on sniper you can equip it, let it regen, then swap back to other sniper and keep half the ammo.

NastyBook

Wow @ some of the entitlement that's popped up the last couple of pages. I can't believe people are catching feelings over unlucky players using their OBVIOUSLY hard earned Strange Coins for Exotic weapons. I got a guy on my buddy list that I was practically begging to buy an exotic from Xur once he got enough SCs. Felt bad for him because he's got a high light level, but literally nothing has dropped for him outside of good gear. If some of the posters in here had their way, this dude would still be shit out of luck right now. I'm at work, but I hope he gets that fucking Icebreaker today.

And as for me, I'm at the same fork in the road from last week. I chose to get two exotic helms for my Titan/Hunter last week, instead of that beastly Suros. Now I can either get two exotic chest pieces for my Warlock and Hunter, or I can go in on that Icebreaker. The higher my light levels, the more Weekly and Daily missions I can run at higher difficulties. But that Icebreaker is pretty fucking dope. Gonna have to sleep on it during my lunch break.

Two Words

Does Icebreaker regen ammo while in inventory if you're using a different gun - swapped it out for a different sniper, for example?
I don't think so, but you can empty out a special ammo weapon, switch to Ice Breaker, let it charge, and switch back to the empty special weapon. You'll now have some ammo for it.

Kind of redundant sure. Are you really going to complain about the way the Ice Breaker operates? >_<

I wish the Ice Breaker was a void weapon. I am all over the solar weapons but only have a void legendary shotgun (and shotguns are more or less useless for higher PvE content).

Looks like the AE will be my void when I get it from the raid. No complaints.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
managed to hit level 25 in two days (from level 22). I feel accomplished this week.

Does anyone have info on how levels scale based on the number of players in your party?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah. You are completely correct. It would appear that a few of us here are having trouble with the 10,000 foot view. GAF IS NOT REPRESENTATIVE AT ALL OF THE OVERWHELMING MAJORITY OF THOSE THAT PLAY THE GAME. PERIOD.

Xur is just not an option for those that aren't "hardcore" spending a ton of time on this game. That's the reality. He's only "giving away" stuff to those that have put the time in to even visit him and, frankly, deserve to taste the carrot at the end of the stick once in a while.
He's not giving stuff away even so. I understand that there are people on this forum that can solo a Weekly Heroic blindfolded using only their thumb and pinky but for someone of my skill level, it's a notable though not overwhelming challenge, for which coins that I can use on Exotic gear are an appropriate reward.

And about the non-hardcore: Xur is totally an option for them! It will just take longer to be able to afford has wares. I hope everyone considers this. It's an important aspect of the way the game favors longitudinal play.

RedFury

I mean it's probably not better than the mythoclast, but I've never used that so I'm not sure. The AE melts minotaurs (and praetorians) though. Great for raids and can still use the Ice Breaker as well.

Also, people saying you can have infinite ammo with the patience and time sniper... how?
I think they are using the ice breaker "reloading" then switching out to a full ammo P&T. I would assume this only works in PvE.

jay23

I don't think so, but you can empty out a special ammo weapon, switch to Ice Breaker, let it charge, and switch back to the empty special weapon. You'll now have some ammo for it.

Let's not spread this too much, bungie will definitely patch it if they find out.

Nameless

(my emphasis added)

This is the exact assumption everyone keeps basing their argument on and it simply is not true. For high level GAF players, yes it is probably easy to get 17 SC. But you can't base your argument on how easy it is to get something when the numbers show otherwise. I wish there was a trophy for just talking to Xur once. I bet it would be staggeringly low. That would put this nonsense to bed.

Dude I make no effort to collect strange coins. I have one character, so no alt exploits. I've yet to even get a full 9 coins from doing weekly's. Still, each week I've had enough to buy multiple items from Xur. But that's besides the point. These stats you keep throwing around(from a single platform) could just be an early symptom of Destiny's base ironing out into a small but dedicated group of core gamers--in which case my worries are probably exacerbated since these are the people who you'll be interacting with the most going forward.

E92 M3

so, helmet engram AGAIN? seriously?

At least I can buy the Ice Breaker

It says:

That's not the same as regen over time. It only regens if you miss a shot, maybe.

Ammo regeneration is an inherent ability.

malfcn

Yes that's how you get more

Don't go running now, make sure to read a few posts more for the most shards possible from which item

I would just grab 3 bodies and spend 195 off the 200, and get 193 to 195 if you can and dismantle 6 pieces

More shards from chest pieces than class item?

Lasdrub

Fry's has the game for $30 if you go in with a promotion code sent to e-mail. You can sign up for e-mail promotions like that here.

Anyway, does anybody happen to have a code who doesn't need it? I've been waiting for the game to go on sale and this is a good price. PM me if you happen to have an extra code. I would really appreciate it.

I bought the exotic engram from Xur, got The Achlyophage Helm. I'm a Hunter, but I skipped buying it last week because it's ugly. Oh well, I need shards anyways.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I maxed it out about two weeks back. The amount of amount it can hold and carry is stupendous. Feels more like a freaking machine gun than an auto rifle. The amount I can carry tallies around 900 and that's with just a single "Carry more AR ammo" armor buff.

Jeez. I can't wait until I get the stability upgrade for it. I can already handle its recoil pretty well, but it will make it a lot easier.

He's not giving stuff away even so. I understand that there are people on this forum that can solo a Weekly Heroic blindfolded using only their thumb and pinky but for someone of my skill level, it's a notable though not overwhelming challenge, for which coins that I can use on Exotic gear are an appropriate reward.

And about the non-hardcore: Xur is totally an option for them! It will just take longer to be able to afford has wares. I hope everyone considers this. It's an important aspect of the way the game favors longitudinal play.

Agreed. That's a better way to state what I was saying about non-hardcore. I simply meant that most players don't just roll over to Xur with 50 strange coins on a weekly basis. They have to earn the strange coins and, again, for most that doesn't happen in a week's worth of playing.

I've been using the Ice Breaker during a Strike.

HO-LY SHIT. It regenerates its own ammo, even without upgrades, and it does it pretty fast (compared to the Invective)! No need to reload. My God, what a beast! This is gonna be amazing for Raids.

Navy Bean

I wish the Ice Breaker was a void weapon. I am all over the solar weapons but only have a void legendary shotgun (and shotguns are more or less useless for higher PvE content).

Looks like the AE will be my void when I get it from the raid. No complaints.

I'm in the same boat, though I do have a legendary void launcher. I really want the AE to pair with the Ice Breaker. Speaking of which, I have a checkpoint at Atheon normal if anyone wants to complete it quickly tonight. On XboxOne.

I'm trying to like it. It's pretty trash in PvP though.

It's alright in PvP. You just have to adjust to it. I was a beast with Grim Citizen.. but then I got AE and used that to level it for the Raid (Bonus dmg to Oracles). Got pretty good with it in PvP. Went back to Grim Citizen yesterday in Iron Bounty assuming the stability would be better. Nope. Fires to slow for what I'm used to.

But AE is definitely not all that he's hyping it to be. Even fully upgraded in HM Vault against Oracles it's merely ok.

I need to max it out. I'll probably do it after I finish leveling my 3rd titan.

Don't get your hopes up too high. It's great against Void shields but otherwise it's a style choice. If Doctor Nope style AR's are your thing, you'll love it. Otherwise it's going to take some adjusting to.

It says:

It definitely regens over time as you can not reload. It's not a mod, it's a basic aspect of the gun, similar to element affinity on some guns.

tmac456

Do you do a lot of bounties? You have to do bounties to get exotic bounties... The more the better.

i do quite a bit. i'm approaching vanguard rank 4

crucible ones not so much... did a few of the Queens ones. will my chances increase if i do more crucible ones?

LiK

Atheon records are about to be broken with full teams using icebreaker.

Can't wait to play with my GAF crew again in next week's Heroic Raid for the clan trophy. Ice Breaker gonna make several parts easier. I got maxed Shadow Price as my alt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom