• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do have some good stuff. Just not Shadow Price! Lol. I would use about any legendary over the Dr. but it's all I have. It definitley wasn't meant as a solid recommendation, more of a "it's usable with the right config" recommendation.

Hahaha, I know. I was just messing around.

Also, mail me some of your good stuff. Since moving out of Manhattan, the good stuff has been a little harder to come by. I used to get it delivered like Domino's. Now it's an adventure every time I need to get it.

ocean

Banned
hahaha it's all good

well if Fixed isn't around (I failed him and Stuckd yesterday), I'm happy to take you. I think you're on my friends already on PSN, right? What's the ID again? I keep mixing up everyone who has a different GAF/PSN name :-X

I'm a_javierp on PSN, pretty sure I have you. I'd love Sony to take my freaking money and let me change my PSN ID. Anyways I took a break from Destiny but I'm still at home, just PM me or something when you get on if you have a spot!

I think I'm going to buy Shadow Price later. I've only had one legendary Primary and that was a scout rifle.

There's not much point in me buying Ice Breaker if I already have Patience and Time is there?

Haha, what is today's daily anyway?

Absolutely not; one sitting, no wipes.

Gate Lord on Venus. The one where you have to shoot out all those gates on the way to the boss to stop the Vex from coming through them.

Ice Breaker was criting like 2800 on the Gate Lord. I mean, damn. He went down harder and faster than a Thai hooker.

Navy Bean

The reason why its sooo great is simple.
Sunsinger radiance can shoot out 7 grenades
the ability to have heavy ammo combined with more heavy ammo with raid boots...*drools* imagine shooting ghallenhorn 10 times on a boss. They would melt.
fusion ammo with pocket infinity or any other fusion rifles sometimes use.

all this combined makes for a powerful entry to the raid and nightfall and lvl 28 weekly strikes.

Cool maybe I'll try to level it as I somehow have 30 shards just sitting there doing nothing. I also have raid boots already with the extra heavy ammo and I didn't realize they stacked. That is pretty sweet. However, I rarely use radiance because i'm so used to soloing level 28 stuff and I now feel naked without the re-gen...lol

The 200 Nightfall kills is brutal. Hit about twenty farming the beginning and said fuck it for now. I need to man up and do it. That reminds me, I need to man up and finish the game I'm still on Mars in story mode with a couple Venus missions left.

I was wondering what the Stranger's Rifle was for quite some time when I would get killed by it. Then a friend told me. I can say lack of story has not affected me in the slightest. Haha.

The nightfall thing is really REALLY easy. You just need to go to the area where the nexus strike is. Wander around there and I guarantee you'll find level 28 mobs

Nameless

Ok so Nightfall....Soloing it last night and a dropship kills me a nanosecond after my Gjallarhorn saps the last sliver of the Archon Priest's energy. I let out the highest pitched sound any human has ever made, but then, miraculously, I'm resurrected....mission completed. Amid the shock, confusion, and roller coaster of emotions I was nearly killed by leftover Fallen, but was able to retreat safely back to the entrance and watch that beautiful blue counter tick all the way down. My stats show a death, but the gods were merciful.

I might've had to step away from the game for a few days if I was kicked to orbit after killing that SoB.

Flo_Evans

Gate Lord on Venus. The one where you have to shoot out all those gates on the way to the boss to stop the Vex from coming through them.

Ice Breaker was criting like 2800 on the Gate Lord. I mean, damn. He went down harder and faster than a Thai hooker.

Just wait till you get a daily/weekly with solar burn... :)

Can anyone tell me what the lights on the ice breaker mean? I see them scoped in as well.

the lights indicate its state of charge. Its more of a rail gun than a sniper...

ethomaz

Banned
Worth getting the Ice Breaker if I already have Patience and Time?
For PVE yes... way better.

PVP not.

I think I'm going to buy Shadow Price later. I've only had one legendary Primary and that was a scout rifle.

There's not much point in me buying Ice Breaker if I already have Patience and Time is there?
I will give you a example... yesterday we are doing the Raid Hard and one time we died because everybody didn't have more ammo to kill enemies lol because the drop is so sparse.... so Ice Breaker is the way to go.

Not just that you can change to Ice Breaker and full the ammo in 15 seconds and back to other Special weapon to use this magical ammo.

Flo_Evans

Damn, I just realized last night I hit the 200 crucible marks cap at some point >_<

need to buy somethin'

How is the crucible hand cannon? Still have no legendary hand cannon. Or I could buy the speeder and the warp drive from Xur.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Gaf help me. Should I get the Ice Breaker? I have no exotic weapons. I stopped PVP that much and if I do go into PVP I would use a shotgun instead. I like to hop on and do the weekly and raid. Since that's PVE should I just get the gun to be set?
ice breaker as your first exotic will spoil you! ;)
Damn, I just realized last night I hit the 200 crucible marks cap at some point >_<

need to buy somethin'

How is the crucible hand cannon? Still have no legendary hand cannon. Or I could buy the speeded and the warp drive from Xur.
The Lord High Fixer will cure what ails you. Not in my arsenal as I used the marks on 77 Wizard, but a fantastic choice nonetheless.

My 27 titan with ice breaker stock and weapons of light killed the gatelord in 3 shots on the daily heroic.

bwahahahaha

Yup. I hit up weapons of light with the stock Ice Breaker and it was ridiculous. I had to make sure that, as a level 28 Titan, I hadn't mistakenly chosen the level 20 daily instead of the level 28.

Ice Breaker is the SHIT!

And ever since I hit 28, the game has been gifting me Strange Coins and Ass Shards-- I made 13 coins and 8 shards today. Oh, and I got BEWARE as a drop today!

I am also playing the best I ever have in Crucible.
Still coming in 2-3rd, though.

Are you only supposed to shoot from the hip in PvP? I keep aiming and dying...

I aim (L2) and find it very useful. But I always aim, so maybe I am used to it?

I will give you a example... yesterday we are doing the Raid Hard and one time we died because everybody didn't have more ammo to kill enemies lol because the drop is so sparse.... so Ice Breaker is the way to go.

Not just that you can change to Ice Breaker and full the ammo in 15 seconds and back to other Special weapon to use this magical ammo.

Hmm. Might give it a look then.

But you have to wait for that strike to be the nightfall, right?

I don't quite understand what you mean....

What it says is get 200 kills in nightfall yes? So all you need to do is start the nightfall strike (archon priest) and follow mission objectives till you hit the first darkness zone. Then back out of the caves and make your way to shattered coast and then to the area where the nexus strike usually occurs. In the buildings surrounding that area there's plenty of level 28 mobs you can kill that. They will count towards your bounty. I was one shotting everything with my rare void fusion rifle.

Once you kill all possible level 28 mobs in that area, evac back to the shattered coast. Bum around there for a wee bit and they'll have respawned by then. Rinse and repeat

I don't quite understand what you mean....

What it says is get 200 kills in nightfall yes? So all you need to do is start the nightfall strike (archon priest) and follow mission objectives till you hit the first darkness zone. Then back out of the caves and make your way to shattered coast and then to the area where the nexus strike usually occurs. In the buildings surrounding that area there's plenty of level 28 mobs you can kill that. They will count towards your bounty. I was one shotting everything with my rare void fusion rifle.

Once you kill all possible level 28 mobs in that area, evac back to the shattered coast. Bum around there for a wee bit and they'll have respawned by then. Rinse and repeat

Ohhhh right, yea, that makes sense

Flo_Evans

The Lord High Fixer will cure what ails you. Not in my arsenal as I used the marks on 77 Wizard, but a fantastic choice nonetheless.

Well I don't have a legendary pulse rifle either...

Gonna try and grind out more iron banner rep this weekend and you get marks even if you lose so I should be able to get more.

edit: I am capped for the week and storage. lol. not even rank 2 iron banner. bungie pls.

edit: I meant fusion rifle... :p

Anton668

well im a lil over 300 points away from level 4 with vanguard. So I guess i'll hit that and see what it nets me. if nothing special, I'll grab the Shadow Price and run with that till something better comes along.

thanks for the replys

Pop

http://a.pomf.se/xrdwkq.webm
SfgEh6C.jpg
Guess it's time to level my Titan.

well im a lil over 300 points away from level 4 with vanguard. So I guess i'll hit that and see what it nets me. if nothing special, I'll grab the Shadow Price and run with that till something better comes along.

thanks for the replys

I think I got BEWARE as the Vanguard level 4. If you like ARs, Shadow Price is amazing. Buy it.

Guys my friend is struggling with the thorn bounty (500 points in crucible). He has one good void shotgun and I think he has a machine gun as well. Any tips?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well I don't have a legendary pulse rifle either...

Gonna try and grind out more iron banner rep this weekend and you get marks even if you lose so I should be able to get more.

edit: I am capped for the week and storage. lol. not even rank 2 iron banner. bungie pls.
Strange Suspect is one of the few pulse rifles in the game I can actually recommend. I don't like them too much personally, but that gun has run the table in Rumble matches enough times for me to take notice. It seems crazy accurate despite its average stats, and the vendor empty mag reload mod is extremely useful, IMO.

Hawkian...I think you need to edit Xur's splash screen and make some notations like you did with the level 18 orbit screen showing that you can start buying legendaries.

Icebreaker** <-- Buy this weapon

** I don't care what you thought you wanted to do with your coins this weekend, just fucking buy it already.

thanks for the replys

Ehhh. I don't know if I'd buy it. The one that drops is much better. I think the one that is sold doesn't have the fast reload nor does it have the field scout perk (a MUST in order to make this gun the bad ass that it is).

They're both very good. What elements are the ones you are comparing? Does either fill a void (heh) in your arsenal?

Light/Beware is solar. I mainly need a fusion rifle because i dont have a legendary one yet and because of minataurs. I should add that i got the Comedian but i don't want to risk getting close to minataurs in case i take damage. I got 150 marks for Vanguard and Crucible so i just need to make my mind up. Though if i choose 77 wizard i won't have any marks to buy Cryptic dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom