• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramirez

Just curious, does anyone use shotguns in PvE? I've only used them in once situation, back when I was still in blue status. I used one to one-hit the shields off the Knights in the Phogoth strike. Haven't really experienced a situation where they would be preferred to primaries, fusion, snipers, etc.

Invective is ok, wouldn't bother with it on Nightfall or anything though, lol.

ZOONAMI

Just curious, does anyone use shotguns in PvE? I've only used them in once situation, back when I was still in blue status. I used one to one-hit the shields off the Knights in the Phogoth strike. Haven't really experienced a situation where they would be preferred to primaries, fusion, snipers, etc.

Rushing shielded enemies. I find that its easier to register hits with the shotgun, and I don't like that fusion rifles have to charge between shots.

Well there is one area on earth that you can get to now with high level enemies. Basically a shortcut from forgotten shores into the refinery area.

There is also some high level mobs down under one of the ships/bases in forgot shores, but it looks like DLC area with a blocked door.

Sure, but it felt like it was in direct response to content concerns and they were trying to say that the old Russia was larger once leveled up. A short cut and DLC don't count.

Took down the nightfall in one shot with some gaffers, rewards were had all around. One got a legendary scout rifle, the other a sniper rifle, and I walked away with a swank exotic chest for my Titan.

Also scored my Pocket Infinity today! Now to level that bad boy up and really bring the hurt.

Good going team.

One down from the wishlist
YZfDWRr.jpg

I GOT THE VEX MYTHOCLAST

FINALLY

:D

Time to wreck in Iron Banner

Ambitious

Oh, for fuck's sake. I was about to start farming Spirit Bloom in order to unlock the last three upgrades of my Shadow Price. Visited the Cryptarch and got another Shadow Price. One with ADS radar. Mine doesn't have that.

Sigh. What now? I could switch to the new one and scrap the old one. I would have wasted a lot of XP and materials then, but I could get the Mask of the Third Man instead of the Knucklehead. The former looks way better.
Or I could keep the old one and get ADS radar via the Knucklehead, but actually for all primaries.

Marvel

could never
My suros is maxed out, not a weapon I enjoy though. I must do my Thorn bounty after Iron Banner has ended.

MADGAME

Not unless they're low level mobs. Feels like I have to get too close to anything more dangerous to be effective.

Invective is ok, wouldn't bother with it on Nightfall or anything though, lol.
I wonder if dare I say, shotties need a PvE buff? Strange to even suggest given their upcoming nerf.

Rushing shielded enemies. I find that its easier to register hits with the shotgun, and I don't like that fusion rifles have to charge between shots.
Interesting. As effective as they are in PvP It's a bit odd never seeing them used in PvE

I dislike how weapons require these certain materials to upgrade. They should just unlock through experience as you use the weapon. (Same goes for gear).

What do you (or anyone here) think Bungie will do to address it? Will there be penalties for dropping out? Will they do away with the roulette at the end and make sure that every person that participated till the end gets something a la RNG like what happens at the end of the Strikes?

I don't care about the RNG rewards, they always random and crap 99% of the time. I'm fine with that.

But win or lose, you should get the same rep for seeing a match through to the end. Get nothing = no reason to stay in losing match.

Personally, one of the real suggestions I thought would be decent was to not allow you to play another IB match until your previous one actually ended.

That will not stop people leaving, they'll just leave and wait.

Slermy

This is the game that basically used these actors

To record a few different variations of "Go here and do this because...your Ghost will fill you in"

Wonder how much of that $500 million went to them + Dinklage.

THEY ALWAYS DOOOOOO

dat voice

Claudia Black should be added to the list, but yeah, it's such as waste. It's a fantastic voice pool.

Mr Croft

Good going team.

One down from the wishlist
YZfDWRr.jpg

Time to wreck in Iron Banner

Not really.... I feel it's weaker then regular crucible even when maxed out... Idk I watched the video where the level 4 guy with the first rifle you get easily killing level 26s. I don't get what iron banner is supposed to be lol.

JNA

Banned
While I'm waiting to try to join the other heroic raid group, I'll try starting one here. Anyone LV 29+ can join. PS4 version.

1. Streakydude
2. geordie007
3. Alcurid (don't know who this is tho XD)

Anybody interested? 0_0 Send a FR to Streakydude if so. :D

(I'm LV 29 Warlock)

Vespene

I dislike how weapons require these certain materials to upgrade. They should just unlock through experience as you use the weapon. (Same goes for gear).

Bungie said they want players to "invest" in their weapons. Most of the legendaries and exotics are trash unless fully upgraded.

excowboy

I'm a lowly Level 23 that could use some help beating the weekly Heroic Level 22. Last boss keeps killing me :/

PSN: Rubenov25 (PS4)

I managed this solo with a bit of cheesing - hide on the cliff where you enter the final area and just pop out with some grenades/supers/void weapons when you're able. Good luck!

I got my first legendary engram today, then my first legendary weapon, levelled up to 25 and then received my first exotic bounty - good times!

This would be solved, for me, if they just added the ability to purchase materials. Let me use glimmer to buy mats, or even marks.

Einhandr

While I'm waiting to try to join the other heroic raid group, I'll try starting one here. Anyone LV 29+ can join. PS4 version.

1. Streakydude

Anybody interested? 0_0 Send a FR to Streakydude if so. :D

(I'm LV 29 Warlock)

I've got two if that's cool, myself and a friend. Einhandr and ROBotomize if you're interested.

I wouldn't mind getting materials if you did actual crafting in the game. So much potential and yet this game is like half-assed in terms of design philosophy.

SharkJAW

Not really.... I feel it's weaker then regular crucible even when maxed out... Idk I watched the video where the level 4 guy with the first rifle you get easily killing level 26s. I don't get what iron banner is supposed to be lol.
That was just a skilled player. In skilled hands, the Khvostov is pretty damn good. The only real issue I had when playing PvP with it is the spread. It is ridiculously satisfying to play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom