• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante316

Did the raid for the first time today downed the templar and are now in the gorgon passage

Got Raid gloves, raid boots, lots of shards and energy and the exotic Plan C

Felt good to actually get something in Destiny

Thats some luck you have. You can easily reach 30 if you have exotic chest piece.

geordiemp

While I'm waiting to try to join the other heroic raid group, I'll try starting one here. Anyone LV 29+ can join. PS4 version.

1. Streakydude

Anybody interested? 0_0 Send a FR to Streakydude if so. :D

(I'm LV 29 Warlock)

Lvl 29 hunter - geordie007

squidyj

So I got my 2nd exotic bounty, thorn/juju/invective and I already have thorn...

The last thing I want is a shotgun but juju is bad and Im not too keen on pulse rifles either

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
While I'm waiting to try to join the other heroic raid group, I'll try starting one here. Anyone LV 29+ can join. PS4 version.

1. Streakydude

Anybody interested? 0_0 Send a FR to Streakydude if so. :D

(I'm LV 29 Warlock)

I'll give it a try. Level 29 Hunter.

Mr Croft

That was just a skilled player. In skilled hands, the Khvostov is pretty damn good. The only real issue I had when playing PvP with it is the spread. It is ridiculously satisfying to play with.

Oh I love my mytho. But something about being level 30 and still dying from a three shot of suros is a little disheartening when they are 3-4 levels below me.... Maybe I was expecting too much from iron banner? Maybe I though base damages would change when you hit someone of a lower light level. It feels like regular crucible to me

Edit: he was level 4 lol. I don't think he should be doing that much damage when levels are supposed to be enabled... Maybe I was expecting too much from iron banner

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I gotta say it's interesting the difference between now and 2 weeks ago for me. I now have 2 normal groups that i do vanguard, weekly, daily and nightfall with (one work friend and one random that has turned into a dependable third man) and my raid group which actually came out of one of my older friends that i hadn't really talked to in almost a year or two seeing one of my Destiny videos that i shared on facebook and asking if i wanted to lead their lower level group into the raid because i knew what was coming from watching vids and i'm the highest level in their little crew.

I went from groupless to basically the leader of two consistent groups that cover almost all my bases. Directed my raid tgroup (too many 25s and 26s to beat it last week) all the way up to the Templar boss but they didn't have the dps to get it done. Gonna go at it again this sunday and I asked all of them to focus on getting their weapon legendary weapons up to snuff...

Good times!! Hawkian - I still wanna group up with you sometime soon and get something done. I feel like gunnin down aliens is the least i can do to say thanks for all the walkthroughs!!

zlatko

Banned
Seems Bungie didn't implement the armor values at all in Iron Banner.

A level 4 should 9/10 times lose to level people 8+ IMO.

Makes all my excitement for it deflated. *sigh*

CornDogg

This would be solved, for me, if they just added the ability to purchase materials. Let me use glimmer to buy mats, or even marks.

Or do it like WoW and add an auction house. Let mats, blues, and greens be auctioned for glimmer. I'd say keep legendaries and exotics bound to your character/account, though, so it doesn't turn into the Diablo 3 mess.

Or do it like WoW and add an auction house. Let mats, blues, and greens be auctioned for glimmer. I'd say keep legendaries and exotics bound to your character/account, though, so it doesn't turn into the Diablo 3 mess.

This, too.

Bungie took a number of ideas from MMOs, seemingly without understand why they worked.

Mr Croft

Yes... It really took it out of me. Especially since I worked so hard on hard raids to get to 30 and max out my mytho...

Ganhyun

so, apparently since the update my friend cannot hear me when we team together or party together... neither of us are muted for the other, others hear me just fine. wtf,

Vendor version of both guns Lord High Fixer seems better do to more range when ADS. Every thing else is almost equal.

g1lgamesh

Neo Member
Hey Gaffers!!

Trying to get a fireteam together to do the two weekly strikes. Want to do both the Heroic and the Nightfall on the hardest difficulties.

This is for PS3. I am looking for people lvl27+ (28+ prefered), so it doesn't take too long.

Anyone down? I am a lvl 28 hunter.

PSN: Habibix

Go ahead and add me or reply here and we can get this thing going!

cartesian

Okay, random question time - is that tree-shaped thing on the Iron Banner emblem a reference to something? Is it derived from some kind of famous historic symbol?

Iron_Banner_emblem.png

Every time I see it my mind tells me that I've seen this kind of symbolism somewhere else, but I just can't place it. My gut instinct says ancient coinage (I dunno, maybe Roman coins or something?) but that seems really unlikely.

It's bugging me. Maybe it's something really obvious and I'm just thick. Or maybe it's nothing and I've gone completely mad.

Just curious, does anyone use shotguns in PvE? I've only used them in once situation, back when I was still in blue status. I used one to one-hit the shields off the Knights in the Phogoth strike. Haven't really experienced a situation where they would be preferred to primaries, fusion, snipers, etc.

They seem useless to me in PVE

Trace

Banned
Okay, random question time - is that tree-shaped thing on the Iron Banner emblem a reference to something? Is it derived from some kind of famous historic symbol?

Iron_Banner_emblem.png

Every time I see it my mind tells me that I've seen this kind of symbolism somewhere else, but I just can't place it. My gut instinct says ancient coinage (I dunno, maybe Roman coins or something?) but that seems really unlikely.

It's bugging me. Maybe it's something really obvious and I'm just thick. Or maybe it's nothing and I've gone completely mad.

Isn't it the world tree from Norse mythology or something?

g1lgamesh

Neo Member

Iron_Banner_emblem.png

The tree has been used in many cultures for many things for literally thousands of years. It symbolizes life, wellbeing, growth ect. ect. There are similar looking trees on ancient coins, manuscripts, wall carvings, ect. ect.

Where this specific tree came from, I have no clue. It might be imitating one from the past, or it might just be made for the Iron Banner....

Iron_Banner_emblem.png

EKbFEdE.jpg

Inspired by celtic mythology definitely.

kuppy

Somebody want to join for Daily, Weekly and Nightfall on 28 (PS4)?
I'm a Hunter on 27 and have another Hunter also on 27 already joined.
PSN ID: kuppii930 - just jop in the fireteam

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oh, for fuck's sake. I was about to start farming Spirit Bloom in order to unlock the last three upgrades of my Shadow Price. Visited the Cryptarch and got another Shadow Price. One with ADS radar. Mine doesn't have that.

Sigh. What now? I could switch to the new one and scrap the old one. I would have wasted a lot of XP and materials then, but I could get the Mask of the Third Man instead of the Knucklehead. The former looks way better.
Or I could keep the old one and get ADS radar via the Knucklehead, but actually for all primaries.
Interesting dilemna, you considered most of the things I would have pointed out. :)

Legendaries don't take THAT much XP/mats to level up, so:
-If you think you'd take advantage of the ADS-primary radar from Knucklehead, break the new one
-If you are super committed to ARs, love Shadow Price, and have or would consider exotic secondary/heavy builds, break the old one
Good times!! Hawkian - I still wanna group up with you sometime soon and get something done. I feel like gunnin down aliens is the least i can do to say thanks for all the walkthroughs!!
We will make it happen! I'm sorry our times line up so horribly, lol

About to post my last leveling guide, in two parts (spoilers it's not that much about leveling though)

Just curious, does anyone use shotguns in PvE? I've only used them in once situation, back when I was still in blue status. I used one to one-hit the shields off the Knights in the Phogoth strike. Haven't really experienced a situation where they would be preferred to primaries, fusion, snipers, etc.
I do constantly, unless the angry modifier is on.

ryuken-d

We need 4 more than.

Are there other who want to start the raid fresh or need 2 more? Normal mode

I have a pretty big list of gaf and nongaf people I could invite. I leave work in 20 minutes so I should be able to play in about an hour. sorry if thats too late. add me anyways always looking for more. PSN: ryuken-d

Into

For those of you who are unaware or perhaps struggling with Nightfall this week and who arent aware of the entrance strategy:

Priest on Nightfall can easily be 2 manned by using the entrance point to fuck up his aggro, we did it yesterday and my partner was "only" lvl 27.

The strategy has been posted many times but here is a visual i sent to my friend so he was on the same page:

The entrance here is the area where you first enter the final "room" to the entire location where you fight the Priest and his mobs.

The basic idea is that boss is always "looking" at player 1 here, the player who is standing on top, this means player 2 can poke out, throw a grenade-shoot and run back up to player 1, the boss will always reset his aggro and go back to the same spot. Player 2 may want to clear out some snipers and generally be aware of possible mobs inc, the invisible guys etc. Player 1 will never die, so he can always res Player 2 if he/she should die. The purple giant eyeball never factors in and never participates in the fight. Try it, works really well, gl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom