• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
The Fallen will continue to claw at the walls of our city unless we strike them down. Beneath the ruins of a Cosmodrome, in the shadow of an old colony ship we've located the house of Devil's Lair, and their high servitor feeding them their strength. We must destroy their machine god, and send their souls screaming back to hell...

Still my favorite Strike. Love the sound Sepkis Prime makes when he explodes. Almost makes you want to duck in real life to avoid flying debris.

squadr0n

Would 3 people with VOG experience be interested in doing a Normal run around 5:30PM PST?

Preferably a Warlock or two so we can cheese Atheon because it's so fun watching him walk off.

Im down, are you on ps4? that would help.

lvl 28 warlock
PSN: Squadon

Still my favorite Strike. Love the sound Sepkis Prime makes when he explodes. Almost makes you want to duck in real life to avoid flying debris.

I do the exact opposite. I eagerly anticipate that explosion and try to time my jump so I'm right there in the center when he pops. So satisfying :)

My last three Iron Banner matches have had the entire team quit.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Because there is no reason to stay if the team is losing, this is what happens when you stay (I'm KylieDog). What do I get for putting up with this craptastic team with a level 5 and two other players who went 1 kill to 14 deaths? Nothing.

So now after 2 minutes I look at score and if my team not on top, I leave. I have no reason to stay.

Spawnling

Would 3 people with VOG experience be interested in doing a Normal run around 5:30PM PST?

Preferably a Warlock or two so we can cheese Atheon because it's so fun watching him walk off.

EDIT: PS4 by the way. I forget this game is on other consoles sometimes.

Yep. I'll add you and be on.

Spawnling, 29 Hunter.

I love Lance Reddick's voice. I wish he had more things to say in the game.

Where is he even in the game

This is the game that basically used these actors

DRSyybF.jpg

DdGOZa0.jpg

gRN9nxf.jpg

QEmshn3.jpg

PKE3hFD.jpg

66DDfjl.jpg

pLFh12J.jpg

WQVMkSa.jpg

To record a few different variations of "Go here and do this because...your Ghost will fill you in"

Wonder how much of that $500 million went to them + Dinklage.

Sepiks Prime cast a great shadow over our City. With its destruction, the Fallen Devils will grow weaker. But we must stay vigilant. The Fallen are crafty. They'll find ways to survive. They always do.

THEY ALWAYS DOOOOOO

dat voice

Because there is no reason to stay if the team is losing, this is what happens when you stay (I'm KylieDog). What do I get for putting up with this craptastic team with a level 5 and two other players who went 1 kill to 14 deaths? Nothing.

So now after 2 minutes I look at score and if my team not on top, I leave. I have no reason to stay.

You are part of the problem, but at the same time I don't blame you. This one's on Bungie.

What do you (or anyone here) think Bungie will do to address it? Will there be penalties for dropping out? Will they do away with the roulette at the end and make sure that every person that participated till the end gets something a la RNG like what happens at the end of the Strikes?

kidko

Wow, this is extremely broken.

Seems like Iron Banner should just be all-Rumble anyway

Audible

Banned
PS4: looking for 3 experienced Raiders for Normal to carry a level 25 and 26.

Weve beaten it several times already so no need to worry about telling us what we need to do.

Yeah, but I thought in the final release, when you leveled up high enough to fight these guys, you would gain access to cool new areas to explore.

I guess not...

sigh.....

I've brought this up before and even tried to link to the quote, but the original source has been deleted from the internet. Your paraphrase was dead on though. During/after the beta when people were complaining about content, they came right out and said those areas were to be accessed when you leveled up.

At some point before the release this looks to have been changed to DLC. I think it was when Acti said they were so happy with the beta they could release the game as is. Just a guess though...

It's the elephant in the room that no-one wants to look at.

RedFury

Just stay and work on those bounties that way win or lose your still making progress...I just made it to lvl 2. Turning in 50pt bounties nets you 66pts with banner on.

One of the suggestions on Reddit I saw that was kind of funny was an organized movement for everyone on Bravo to quit every game.

Personally, one of the real suggestions I thought would be decent was to not allow you to play another IB match until your previous one actually ended.

Spy

I completed the raid on hard yesterday and I have to say, biggest group of dicks I've ever played with. No one was from GAF but the elitism and rage if someone made a minor mistake almost made me leave. Hopefully I can find a GAF group to do this with next time.

Flo_Evans

I've brought this up before and even tried to link to the quote, but the original source has been deleted of the internet. Your paraphrase was dead on though. During/after the beta when people were complaining about content, they came right out and said those areas were to be accessed when you leveled up.

At some point before the release this looks to have been changed to DLC. I think it was when Acti said they were so happy with the beta they could release the game as is. Just a guess though...

It's the elephant in the room that no-one wants to look at.

Well there is one area on earth that you can get to now with high level enemies. Basically a shortcut from forgotten shores into the refinery area.

There is also some high level mobs down under one of the ships/bases in forgot shores, but it looks like DLC area with a blocked door.

Rubenov

I'm a lowly Level 23 that could use some help beating the weekly Heroic Level 22. Last boss keeps killing me :/

PSN: Rubenov25 (PS4)

All these people talking crap about Thorn. I had 30 kills and 3.0 k/d in Control just this morning using that blessed thing, and wasn't even using reload boosting gloves. The thing can shred in PvP if you know how to use it.

Carn82

yes, finally got all legendaries for armor. Except the class item. Kinda not looking forward to harvesting all the materials :/

This fuckin' guy.

It weirds me out listening to him voice the Dead Orbit leader, because I'm also watching season 2 of The Blacklist where he's playing the villain Berlin.

He and Nathan Filion at least seem to have fun with it. Stormare is doing his best hammy/creepy Stormare and Filion brings his slight Western swagger (to an Exo, no less).

I completed the raid on hard yesterday and I have to say, biggest group of dicks I've ever played with. No one was from GAF but the elitism and rage if someone made a minor mistake almost made me leave. Hopefully I can find a GAF group to do this with next time.

Unless it's someone I already know or GAF, I likely won't do any Raiding with anyone else unless desperate with all these tales.

MADGAME

Just curious, does anyone use shotguns in PvE? I've only used them in once situation, back when I was still in blue status. I used one to one-hit the shields off the Knights in the Phogoth strike. Haven't really experienced a situation where they would be preferred to primaries, fusion, snipers, etc.

Just curious, does anyone use shotguns in PvE? I've only used them in once situation, back when I was still in blue status. I used one to one-hit the shields off the Knights in the Phogoth strike. Haven't really experienced a situation where they would be preferred to primaries, fusion, snipers, etc.

Not unless they're low level mobs. Feels like I have to get too close to anything more dangerous to be effective.

Unless it's someone I already know or GAF, I likely won't do any Raiding with anyone else unless desperate with all these tales.

I played with some GAF'ers earlier for the nightfall and weekly level 28 heroic and it was the most pleasant multiplayer experience i've ever had.

When we wiped we laughed and agreed on what to try the next time until we got it right.

Was brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom