• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Sigh... Just played a game where a guy on my team openly told everyone he was going to troll and force the team to lose in Iron Banner... And he did just that by never capping a point, purposely feeding the enemy kills, and doing everything he could to make things harder on the rest of us.....

Oh. So a normal game then?

The Fallen will continue to claw at the walls of our city unless we strike them down. Beneath the ruins of a Cosmodrome, in the shadow of an old colony ship we've located the house of Devil's Lair, and their high servitor feeding them their strength. We must destroy their machine god, and send their souls screaming back to hell...

Sounds familiar...

todd360

Just looked at roster list. Saw fig is level 30. Immediately felt chances of winning the raid tonight go up mixed with a middle finger to RNGesus. I should be level 30 today too! Ahhhhh

lunlunqq

So, in the beta, there were these areas that had high level enemies, supposedly there to block particular areas.

I went to one area I remember in Old Russia, kinda right where you get dropped off in patrol mode, and killed two knights that had ?? over their heads when you saw them in the beta. Turns out, it's just a small room with absolutely nothing remotely interesting inside it.

There was an interview with Deej about these encounters, and he said these are aspirational moments, where one day, you aspire to be powerful to take these guys down and move into these blocked areas.

Sooooo......was that it? Gain access to a tiny room with nothing inside it? Is it that way with all these other areas that had those powerful enemies around?

Well, at least those 3 lvl20 hive enemies in the basement make it very fast to finish the "kill 10 hive major or ultra" bounty; so they are kind of serving a purpose...

The Fallen will continue to claw at the walls of our city unless we strike them down. Beneath the ruins of a Cosmodrome, in the shadow of an old colony ship we've located the house of Devil's Lair, and their high servitor feeding them their strength. We must destroy their machine god, and send their souls screaming back to hell...

Sepiks Prime cast a great shadow over our City. With its destruction, the Fallen Devils will grow weaker. But we must stay vigilant. The Fallen are crafty. They'll find ways to survive. They always do.

these are the best lines of dialog in the entire game

Nori Chan

Serious question:

I'm level 29 and am one pair of boots away from reaching 30. Is there any point to play iron banner? Other than bragging rights??? The gear won't scale me to 30, correct?
To look good brug. Get that nice shader and cloak. And if you're not a hunter, make one, cause no one wants to wear a bracelet or a thong.

Gotta get that quad stack of bounties ("30 Melee Kills", "20 kills w/o taking damage from enemy", "Complete Strike w/o Dying", "Kill Sepiks") somehow...

If your team does rush through everything you could probably throw in the "20 double-kills with Fusion Rifle" bounty for a complete bounty wipe.

Where is he even in the game

That's him:

1410216257-zavala.jpg

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

Because this....is bullshit!

Twice now in IB, I've been on a team that's started with only four people. What the hell. I don't quit matches, but this is making it very tempting.

Ships are there to give variety to the abundance of loading screens, its just too bad most of them are poop colored.

I still maintain that everything about your ships--design, colors, animation--must have been handled by the Bungie C Team. Bland, boring, cartoony.

jeffc919

Do we know yet if IB gear can be melted down for shards, or is it like the Queen gear where it's purple but doesn't give shards?

Flo_Evans

Looking for normal VoG tonight, if you need someone throw me an invite. LVL 28 Defender Titan

PSN: rugioh

I might do it tonight, normal group can't make it. PSN: Flo_Evans - lv29 titan

will probably not be on for a few hours, have to go home eat dinner, put kids to bed.

zewone

Would 3 people with VOG experience be interested in doing a Normal run around 5:30PM PST?

Preferably a Warlock or two so we can cheese Atheon because it's so fun watching him walk off.

EDIT: PS4 by the way. I forget this game is on other consoles sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom