• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
So just played the Iron Banner...

The Suros does wreck shit. When I'm not lagging. Even then it's got only a tad more TTK than a Shingen for example. I also went up against a Vex Mythoclast for the first time. It's pretty horrible. 4 times I went up against it, 4 times I got my ass kicked. Two times it was with my Suros. Once with a HMG and another pike. Can't believe I lost those encounters. I guess I can't moan about horribly OP that gun is without being really salty

Daigoro

Did you get 2 and 1 went to mailbox? Never heard of that

nothing in the mailbox.

i got yet another red shader and a purple special weapon engram. when i went to my inventory, the engram was fucking blue and the shader was the same shit shader it always is.

im 100% sure too. i watched that thing sparkle next to that shitty shader and commented on it. when i went back to orbit a game or so later it was blue.

edit: to clarify, im 100% i was awarded a purple engram. but its probably more likely that the engram disappeared altogether than turned into a blue. its possible that i got a crappy blue in one of the other games and just mistook it for the purple that i was awarded.

anyways... fuck it.

GhaleonEB

Just to confirm for folks still wondering, this and future Destiny OT's will move to the Gaming Community forum tomorrow morning, as it's been a month (!!!) since the game came out.

RdN

Anyone knows if there's a way to contact Bungie other than Bungie.net? Maybe an email or something? Already tried twitter, but was summarily ignored.

Since the update yesterday, I cannot access Bungie.net nor Destiny, which returns me a diverse collection of errors like Zebra, Catterpillar, Coconut and Groundhog. Previous to yesterday's updated, I had almost no problems other then the occasional Catterpillar.

I already contacted my ISP and they informed me that there's nothing on this end that's blocking the connection, so it must be something that changed on Bungie servers yesterday.

If anyone has any contact info other than B.net I'd very much appreciate. Thanks.

Spawnling

Raid, normal (27+), next 10 minutes, PS4, from the beginning!!

First come first serve, I'll send out invites!

1. Spawnling - 29 Hunter
2. Mindlog
3. PaperDude42

someday

Banned
Ugh, so last night I managed to beat the weekly level 22 strike (after having to restart it due to being kicked to orbit when the final dude was almost dead), and skip back to the tower to finish off my exotic bounty for Invectus or whatever the shotgun is called. All I need to do is buy a bunch of special ammo and I've got plenty of glimmer.

But, I didn't pay attention to what I was doing and before I stopped to reassess, I had spent over 20,000 in glimmer on heavy ammo...

So now I'm farming for glimmer, using wax and shit to maximize, and I just can't believe I did this.

Nicko

This will be my final Post-20 guide, and I put a lot of thought into it so I hope it helps some of you out there!

Thanks again man for the super thorough guide! Really interesting to read as well. Even though I know it will take me quite a while to get to 28, it's motivating to read about post-raid life. I'm definitely excited to get there someday, and focus on min/maxing my gear and going after specific gear and exotics.

Also, wanted to quote this post as a means to soft-bookmark.

On to the Gelcap!

Rubenov

I want to be the best I can be at PvP, and it seems Hunters have the advantage here. Should've started with this class... this will be my third character :(

Not looking forward to the grinding but it must be done.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Raid atheon question.

I'm in a debate on how we are to beat him.

Reading guides tells me do 1 portal at a time.

They tell me that doesn't work and that we need to do both at same time.

The reason being they say is that when we finish first portal and start second one plus the shrine we have to defend the first portal as well or oracles will spawn and kill us.

But no guide mentions continuing to guard the first portal.

They're wrong, you abandon the the portal after the relic is taken out. It works killing left, then taking that relic into right. The group defending the left portal moves to the right and also 1 or 2 defend the middle.

So I have all the exotic bounty weapons except for Pocket Infinity (haven't gotten around to leveling half of them however). Didn't realize I could get repeats of those bounties, got the choice between invective, thorn and juju again last night. Dropped that bounty like a hot potato. Hindsight I could have done invective for some energy (12.5k glimmer wouldn't have been too bad)

Also, apparently you can't have more than 3 characters and my storage is now clogged with fusion rifles ready for whenever i get that final bounty. But yeah of the exotics, invective is the only good one I've use so far in crucible.

make another psn account. 3 more characters~

someday

Banned
The devil walker on earth one always seems consistent. I've had issues with other one's though.

It seems like only the ones in green are consistent. I don't even bother waiting for the ones in red. Also, anyone noticed how hard some of the kill ones are? I'm level 28 and I've been unable to take down level 8 enemies during some of those events. Their shields recharge way faster than elsewhere in the game.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I swear using that Destiny Public Events site does not actually help me find public events.

Go to earth @ the :30 or :00 mark in the hour

Just go Mothyards > Forgotten Sands > The Divide
Bam, get marks and shards/energy

Moth has Warsat or Extraction Crews :00-:05
Forgotten has Kill Target or Extraction Crew :05-:10
The Divide has The Walker :15

Add 30 minutes, they come again

If the Suros doesn't get an impact nerf when the weapon rebalancing patch comes then I'm 100% convinced that Bungie just straight up doesn't give a shit about their own game.

That thing has been running unchecked in the Crucible since Xur started selling it. It's enough at this point.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

1. Spawnling - 29 Hunter
2. Mindlog
3. PaperDude42
4. GraveRobberX - 27 Sunsinger Warlock

Added myself

I will say this. Thank God the Iron Banner is easier to rank up than the Queen's Event. It's only like 10 or so games per every level, I think, so it shouldn't be too hard to get that cool Hunter's cape. And I don't care if everyone is using it now, but the Rank 1 emblem in the Iron Banner is awesome and is the best emblem in the game.

When does the event end, by the way?

I'm a level 23 trying to finish off the level 24 daily and I need help killing draksis. I got to him but can't finish him. If possible could someone join my fireteam to help me finish. Psn name is Guitarmy204.

Went ahead and bought two of the emblems from the Speaker. Even if there is no confirmation, enough people seem to believe it makes a difference where fuck it I'll take the placebo effect. What else am I gonna use the motes of light for? I already have an exotic weapon and armor piece, and can afford a weapon and armor piece next time this come arounds with strange coins worst comes to worst.

Bought Blessing of the Watcher and Blessing of the Joined, which these guys swear increase your chance of end game loot and RNG rolls for loot at the end.

Blitzhex

Are you fucking kidding me. I played my ass off to get Sunbreakers the first week of the game. Game never gave me strange coins, so I had to play till the last minute to buy them cause I thought I'd never be able buy them again. Then xur fucking sells them every week and now I get Sunbreakers reward in nightfall after 4 weeks of nothing but strange coins from them.

OOvKF3b.gif

Strider

Currently in a ridiculously good raid group. Got the hard mode raid done in about 85 minutes or so. We're running it again because of how damn well we did. I think we dropped atheon in 3 warps, if not 2.

My group is starting at the Relic part tonight to try and finish hard mode. What strategies did you guys use for these 2 parts? Atheon and the 2 relics that is.

Go to earth @ the :30 or :00 mark in the hour

Just go Mothyards > Forgotten Sands > The Divide
Bam, get marks and shards/energy

Moth has Warsat or Extraction Crews :00-:05
Forgotten has Kill Target or Extraction Crew :05-:10
The Divide has The Walker :15

Add 30 minutes, they come again

or you can just go through the building on the right of where you spawn... >.>

koryuken

Posted in the Nightfall thread, but i'll try here also.

Is anyone planning to do a weekly Nightfall tonight? I will be online around 9:30PM PST. I would love to join a group :(

I am a lvl 26 Sunsinger on PS4. PSN - sharpacid

1. Spawnling - 29 Hunter
2. Mindlog
3. PaperDude42

If you have space I'll join you. PSN is MrJellyBean. I'll be on my PS4 in a few minutes. Level 28 Hunter/Gunslinger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom