• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

I just need gloves to hit 30. I already have the helmet and atheon just gave me 2 helmets, lol. The only positive is that my current helmet only has light and strength, and one of them rolled with light, int, and disc.

I don't get it with this game's obsession with giving out legendary helms.

Prepare... for unforeseen ass shards.

That's pretty much what I've been getting for the past three weeks. I got the raid chest and gauntlets my first week, and then nothing until this week. All shards and energies. But then I got the gauntlets again, and then helmet for defeating Atheon.

Blitzhex

I play sunsinger warlock in the raid. I just hop on top of the portal and snipe the gatekeeper. Jump down if you start taking to much damage. Then run up the stairs and finish him off. Then grab relic and run. Try to kill both gatekeepers at the same time. You have to talk with the guy in the other portal. Also yeah I think its a blade dancer ability. I don't know to much about it.

Thanks for the tips, going to definitely try that out.

Just finished the raid. Got all chests and beat Atheon. Final haul? 18 (I think) Ascendant Shards, 4 (I think) Ascendant Energies and Chatterwhite. I freaking hate this game.

Haines

Banned
Raid atheon question.

I'm in a debate on how we are to beat him.

Reading guides tells me do 1 portal at a time.

They tell me that doesn't work and that we need to do both at same time.

The reason being they say is that when we finish first portal and start second one plus the shrine we have to defend the first portal as well or oracles will spawn and kill us.

But no guide mentions continuing to guard the first portal.

Patroclos

Banned

sghf4.gif

Thornveil Sunsinger

Exotic Armor: Apotheosis Veil
Exotic Weapon: Thorn
Subclass: Sunsinger
Necessary Subclass Skills: Fusion Grenades, Radiant Skin, Viking Funeral, Touch of Flame
Legendary Complements: 77 Wizard, The Swarm/Unfriendly Giant, Eclipse Maw IV (gauntlets)
Legendary Replacements: The Devil You Know
Notes: This is a pure gimmick build and isn't likely to have much use outside the Crucible, but holy hell do I bet it is fun inside. This is the max-DoT-infuriation build. While unfortunately the effects do not stack (credit to Diablohead testing... I wonder if they tried this out and realized it was too OP after 5 minutes and changed them not to stack), you will still have three ways to cause a DoT effect: hitting with your primary weapon, Scorch melee, and any grenade contact. The latter two will cause a longer and stronger DoT while the former can be applied at will at long range. So in addition to your standard shots with Thorn, every time you hit with Scorch (causing a DoT) you'll get a flame shield and decrease your grenade cooldown so that you can throw more (causing DoTs). Anyone you don't kill the way you intend to is extremely likely to die to the DoT effect shortly after.. this will be a postmortem powerhouse. Speaking of which, you'll want to (hard as it may be) stay away from Fireborn on this one in favor of Radiant Skin- popping your Super heals you from the helm's effect, so use it when low on health rather than after death.

Note that while all of the skills and Legendary chest mentioned are for Sunsingers, the helm is actually subclass agnostic, and the basic concept with Thorn's DoT in PvP could be used with a STR-heavy Surge melee build to keep Thorn's reload times down instead of using the Sunsinger for other ways to cause DoTs. There's probably a more effective gimmick Thorn build with a Voidwalker-specific Exotic though.

In Skirmish at least, Voidfang Vestments on a double grenade Sunsinger is one of the most stupidly powerful builds in the game.

Full grenade energy on spawn is probably the best PvP perk available to any class, but even moreso to Sunsingers since it gives them two grenades.

"We understand your frustration of Legendary Engrams turning into rare items, so we've decide to do the community a favor and remove them from the game."

....last time I got a purple was a day after the patch. Bungie pls.

Namikaze1

Well, I'm done for the night. Arrow is about to start and I'm not missing the premiere. Good luck to the crew in the Iron Banner.

David___

Banned
Universal Saint Defender

Exotic Armor: Helm of Saint-14
Exotic Weapon: Universal Remote
Subclass: Defender
Necessary Subclass Skills: Blessing of Light (PvP), Weapons of Light (PvE), Gift of Light, Illuminated
Legendary Complements: 77 Wizard, Final Boss (depending on range needed)
Legendary Replacements: Black Chasma (gets tricky because it's a primary)
Notes: This one I am working on myself... bought the helm and now I just need the shotty. Can't wait. Forget about using the Ward to protect myself- run in to a heavily contested flashpoint, pop the shield, blind everyone via the Helm, and start beating them all to death with my hands (with increased melee attack speed). After the first kill, any additional with melee will generate Orbs to be able to do it again. Anyone who stumbles out of the Ward and tries to run, they get chased by me with a boosted overshield and turned off by the Remote. Swap to either longrange fusion or sniper for ranged engagements, but avoid them at all costs. Every match is a constant race to the next Ward for more beatdowns. Glorious violence.
[/INDENT]
Carlos-Boozer-Open-Mouth-Shock-Reaction-Chicago-Bulls.gif

I seriously need to get a Universal.

lunlunqq

29 Titan looking to raid, normal.

I am on the last two bosses on Hard.

PSN: College_Boy

Hi, it's you, college_boy. It was fun raiding with you. Very sorry that I had to quit all of a sudden last night. If I sat in front of the TV for one more second, the wife will go berserk on me... :(

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
In Skirmish at least, Voidfang Vestments on a double grenade Sunsinger is one of the most stupidly powerful builds in the game.

Full grenade energy on spawn is probably the best PvP perk available to any class, but even moreso to Sunsingers since it gives them two grenades.
Crazy, I wouldn't have considered Voidfang for a Sunsinger build but wow that makes sense. I have yet to play around with anything with that perk but it sounds pretty nutso, especially doubling up like that. There's probably a crazy "EVERYTHING WAS SOLAR" build with solar grenades, high disc and Radiant Will in there too...
Carlos-Boozer-Open-Mouth-Shock-Reaction-Chicago-Bulls.gif

I seriously need to get a Universal.
Unlike the Spine gauntlets I reallllllly want for my Pocket Infinity thing, Universal Remote is on the mysterious "Xur list" we've seen, so fingers crossed!

Namikaze1

What the hell did I do to offend RNGesus?! The first two weeks, RNGesus bestowed upon me Exotics and legendaries with every legendary engram I brought in. After buying No Back Up Plans from Xur, all I got were blues, shards, energies, motes, and coins before the patch. After the patch, armor pieces for other classes. Is it because I talk to the heretic called Xur, RNGesus? Is it that?

SnakeEyes

Banned
What the hell did I do to offend RNGesus?! The first two weeks, RNGesus bestowed upon me Exotics and legendaries with every legendary engram I brought in. After buying No Back Up Plans from Xur, all I got were blues, shards, energies, motes, and coins before the patch. After the patch, armor pieces for other classes. Is it because I talk to the heretic called Xur, RNGesus? Is it that?
Join the queue.

Back of the line, please.

Ambitious

Interesting dilemna, you considered most of the things I would have pointed out. :)

Legendaries don't take THAT much XP/mats to level up, so:
-If you think you'd take advantage of the ADS-primary radar from Knucklehead, break the new one
-If you are super committed to ARs, love Shadow Price, and have or would consider exotic secondary/heavy builds, break the old one

I've decided to stick with the new one.
As I wrote, I don't know yet which helmet I'm going to use, but I'd prefer the Mask. And I don't mind the lost materials and XP that much. So the only remaining factor to consider is the difference betweeen the upgrades. These are the ones I consider relevant:

Old one: Persistence (grows more accurate the longer it is fired), Armor Piercing Rounds, Life Support (near death = additional ammo, increased reload speed)
New one: Who's next (kill with the final round increases reload speed), Flared Magwell (extra-fast reload speed), and obviously Third Eye

Shame about the piercing rounds, but the new one sounds more appealing to me.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hawkian, I love seeing builds like that. Good stuff!

Might need to post some of my own later :)
I'd love that, I really want to see what people come up with! I... avoided any SUROS Regime or Vex Mythoclast builds to be a little more obscure, but there are multiple preeeetty beastly ones people could aim at. My consolation is that you need perks that affect "Fusion Rifles" rather than "special weapons" to affect the Mythoclast, which rules out a few things.
I've decided to stick with the new one.
As I wrote, I don't know yet which helmet I'm going to use, but I'd prefer the Mask. And I don't mind the lost materials and XP that much. So the only remaining factor to consider is the difference betweeen the upgrades. These are the ones I consider relevant:

Old one: Persistence (grows more accurate the longer it is fired), Armor Piercing Rounds, Life Support (near death = additional ammo, increased reload speed)
New one: Who's next (kill with the final round increases reload speed), Flared Magwell (extra-fast reload speed), and obviously Third Eye

Shame about the piercing rounds, though.
the new one's mods are very solid though. doesn't sound like you'll have much downtime between targets o_o

SharkJAW

Currently in a ridiculously good raid group. Got the hard mode raid done in about 85 minutes or so. We're running it again because of how damn well we did. I think we dropped atheon in 3 warps, if not 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom