• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
No rep for losing in Iron Banner is leading to so much quitting when a team starts to fall behind. There's no fun in this.

rewarding people for losing isnt going to fix the problem. maps need to be tweaked and properly weighted and matches need to be balanced. level 18s-20s matching a full team of 29s is going to lead to quits regardless

FyreWulff

rewarding people for losing isnt going to fix the problem. maps need to be tweaked and properly weighted and matches need to be balanced. level 18s-20s matching a full team of 29s is going to lead to problems regardless of the

It's not rewarding for losing. Right now you get rewarded for quitting because it's more optimal to quit than stay around for some rep.

Winning of course should give you way more than losing.

Looking for two for Weekly Heroic Strike. Lvl 27 Hunter on Xbox One. Live name is InsaneLuchadoor. Would be in for Level 22 or 26 run. I'm under geared for 28.

If the Suros doesn't get an impact nerf when the weapon rebalancing patch comes then I'm 100% convinced that Bungie just straight up doesn't give a shit about their own game.

That thing has been running unchecked in the Crucible since Xur started selling it. It's enough at this point.

Is Mythoclast getting nerfed too then?

So after playing with all the supers but sunbro I'm convinced that nova bomb > all.

Not even close.

Arc Blade > Radiance > Golden Gun > Nova Bomb > Fist of Havoc > Ward of Dawn

Is Mythoclast getting nerfed too then?

It's a bit disingenuous to compare them and I think you know that.

Mythoclast is absolutely a brokenly overpowered weapon but it wasn't handed out by Xur like it was nothing.

The reason that Suros needs to be addressed ASAP is because every Crucible match completely revolves around it at this point. Mythoclast needing tweaks is a back burner thing right now because you see one maybe once every 20 matches.

LiK

So we beat Heroic Raid earlier today and I had to dance.

BzdXPiuIgAAMy6-.jpg:large

Nah. Bladedancer. Covers a wide area and doesn't need people to be congregated at one spot.

But you can escape a bladedancer though. Blink into Nova Bomb is OP. The only way to escape it is to be a hunter/warlock and blink jump on reaction. I leveled up a Warlock alt and all I do in Crucible is Blink and Kamehameha people into oblivion.

It's not rewarding for losing. Right now you get rewarded for quitting because it's more optimal to quit than stay around for some rep.

Winning of course should give you way more than losing.

by all means, the more rep the better, but i think bungie should focus on the underlying issues first.

knowing them though, they'll probably implement a quit ban before anything else.

But you can escape a bladedancer though. Blink into Nova Bomb is OP. The only way to escape it is to be a hunter/warlock and blink jump on reaction. I leveled up a Warlock alt and all I do in Crucible is Blink and Kamehameha people into oblivion.

You only do that 2 or 3 times a match though.

Audible

Banned
Please let us set our online status to offline Sony! This guy is absolute trash and I'm not the type to kick people out cause they're garbage.

Frenden

Banned
Rank 2 was a dog to get in IB. So many folks quitting.

Now that I have the cloak, I sorta want the rank 3 shader, but maybe not enough to grind it out.

Do you ever get IB drops after matches? I've heard "after rank 2" but never confirmed that.

Namikaze1

Arc Blade in IB still killed me in one hit. The lies!
I had a Bladedancer heading my way in one match. A single shotgun blast somehow took care of her. I was sweating bullets too. I was two kills away from completing the 10 kill streak bounty. I thought I was a goner.

Got two Epitaph in 12 hours by vanguard rewards. First one was arc but crappy legendary affixes. Second one was great, arc too, but all scopes sucked. I ditched too. I just bought the vanguard one. So good. Yeah, I'm nipticking. But I have nothing else to do in this game expect being nipticky and waiting for exo drop (looking at you Last Word/Hawkmoon/Icebreaker/time&patience)

LiK

I had a Bladedancer heading my way in one match. A single shotgun blast somehow took care of her. I was sweating bullets too. I was two kills away from completing the 10 kill streak bounty. I thought I was a goner.

i'm trying to get top spot bounty but i keep getting second. :(

Cruxist

Bah, ran the raid today and only got the Rocket Launcher. I guess the raid chest that I already had is now fully upgraded, but I wanted another piece of the gear.

And a buddy of mine got 2 raid guns and an exotic.

lupin23rd

Probably going to try the nightfall tonight for the first time, does it hand out rewards the first time only, or every time you complete?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks again man for the super thorough guide! Really interesting to read as well. Even though I know it will take me quite a while to get to 28, it's motivating to read about post-raid life. I'm definitely excited to get there someday, and focus on min/maxing my gear and going after specific gear and exotics.

Also, wanted to quote this post as a means to soft-bookmark.

On to the Gelcap!
Thanks a ton for this! if it helps even one person it was worth it :D

Cømet

Banned
Please let us set our online status to offline Sony! This guy is absolute trash and I'm not the type to kick people out cause they're garbage.

Here here. Sometimes I just wanna play solo, or with a different group, but when I won't respond to invites and/or close my fireteam people keep texting me. NO god damn it.

Nightz

Playing through the story on Venus for the third time. "I don't even have time to explain why I don't have time to explain." Gets me every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom