• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

GRIP

Anyway, Tuesday night raiding - Victory Lap Edition:

- GRIP (who I'm reasonably certain was drunk)

lol not drunk. A mix of messing around, bad luck, and weird shit happening.

1) Shoulder charge and the abyss don't mix. That was a bad idea.

2) One of you fuckers pushed me into a hole. I don't know who it was, but most of you were behind me so I blame all of you.

3) I have no idea how I died on my first trip across the bridge. No fucking clue.

4) Poor timing on killing the sword bearer and activating the bridge. Sword disappeared on me and killed me instantly.

E92 M3

Taken King is giving me anxiety with everything that has to be done. Dammit, why can't I be 15 again and play video games all day.

Court of Oryx looks like it's more fun and has better rewards than PoE. I'm just not sure how the set up will work in the real world.

It seems weird that only the summoner gets actual loot. And with other fireteams sharing the space won't people be fighting to try to summon the event first?

All players get loot

Summoner just gets better loot i guess? Not sure if everyone gets Rune charges for participating. I assume they do

BLCKATK

I really really REALLY hope my PS4 bundle comes pre-patched with everything I need to just start playing and not waste 3-5 hours with updates...

Doubt it, it's coming a disk copy of the Legendary Edition so I'm sure there will be plenty of downloading. I'm gonna be right there with you, can't wait for my Bundle to come in.

zewone

Court of Oryx looks like it's more fun and has better rewards than PoE. I'm just not sure how the set up will work in the real world.

It seems weird that only the summoner gets actual loot. And with other fireteams sharing the space won't people be fighting to try to summon the event first?

The other folks get loot out of the chest I thought.

They were just refraining from opening to not spoil the rewards for viewers, besides the ones the summoner automatically gets.

Namikaze1

fuck that, I'm gonna take my time with it. I have a job and I can't force myself to max out my level in 3 evenings just for the raid.

gonna have to go without me for its debut. I'm not raiding until I'm prepared.
Who am I gonna hammer shit with? ;__;

jaaz

I thought I heard from the stream that it que's the runes, so you can offer your rune and then wait until your rune is activated. You probably should help others on their runes if you want them to help you...

I've made the decision to solely start with my Warlock on 9/15, I barely play with my Titan and Hunter as it is. But I am keeping them. With school back and everything. But I will be ready for a raid team on 9/18 you bet your ass. I don't know if I'm going to run Stormcaller or Sunsinger I'm gonna have to wait and see.

Lnkn52

Taken King is giving me anxiety with everything that has to be done. Dammit, why can't I be 15 again and play video games all day.

Yes, very. This board is going to cause alot of Salt seeing everyone that gets to play get all the good loot.

Goth just got a $500 tip. Bungie is blowing up Goth's stream with all the subs.

The other folks get loot out of the chest I thought.

They were just refraining from opening to not spoil the rewards for viewers, besides the ones the summoner automatically gets.
Oh cool. So everyone can loot the chest but the summoner gets an extra drop once the event is finished.

I thought I heard from the stream that it que's the runes, so you can offer your rune and then wait until your rune is activated. You probably should help others on their runes if you want them to help you...
I hope there's a queue. I was getting flashbacks to other online games I've played where that stuff is a FFA. Shit gets ugly fast =D

You can present the rune to the statue in advance, you don't have to wait (if I heard correctly). So while you are waiting, you help out others with the current event, etc.

bitsurugi

Bungie is learning from their mistakes tho:

Laced up Lauren is waaaaaay more enjoyable then Prof Broman....

.... and also way prettier. She should be a regular on those reveal streams ^^

Kalamari

Its also has mountains of explorable terrain, puzzle chests, events outside of the Court etc..

Dude there is going to be so much to do

Bikvjz8CEAEO75M.jpg

KxoZz

Fuck, that looked fucking amazing. I NEED IT NOOOOWWW.

Why does the raid have to come out on a Friday? D: Why not Saturday. Damnit!

Those first two bosses they showed seemed like they can be easily downed in a few seconds if done right. The others looked better.

Heard a few "Guardian down" from the Nolandroid and they sound much better than last week for some reason.

Swords looked awesome.

They said something about that those Taken spheres will spawn on other Patrol destinations, too. Does that mean we'll be getting Patrol events ala TDB & HoW? Hopefully starting September 8th?

Those cinematics though. Epic.

stb

We'll see how high I can get leveled Tues and Weds. Then each night after that lol.

I think the trick is going to be getting a group of 6 to focus on 2 guys leveling up each class, so you roll in with an even mix of classes rolling into the raid at max level, perks unlocked, etc. Maybe not fully gearled (max light) in 3 days.

1) this is like that South Park episode where cartman tries to freeze himself in advance of the Wii release. I want to do that to myself but not have it go awry and wake up 1,000 years later. That would suck.

2) anyone for a PoE 34 right now? Need two peeps. Then I can get my Queenbreakera Bow amid be done with PoE.

Frenden

Banned
I'm just skeptical about the asymmetrical rewards. I like everything else about it.

Only Destiny could make me sad that I'm going to be at the beach from 9/12 to 9/19. I'm going to be so antsy.

My wife has a friend in from out of town that weekend and she's staying in our spare bedroom. The bedroom with my gaming monitor and Destiny.

This is a bad.

KxoZz

Ok, so who's the designer at Bungie that continues to think making enemies 1 level over the cap is good idea? Fucking stop doing that.

Was my first thought too when I saw the Lvl 41 Wizard. But we don't know everything about how Attack and Defense values will work in TTK so we should just wait and see before ranting about it.

stb

lol not drunk. A mix of messing around, bad luck, and weird shit happening.

1) Shoulder charge and the abyss don't mix. That was a bad idea.

2) One of you fuckers pushed me into a hole. I don't know who it was, but most of you were behind me so I blame all of you.

3) I have no idea how I died on my first trip across the bridge. No fucking clue.

4) Poor timing on killing the sword bearer and activating the bridge. Sword disappeared on me and killed me instantly.

Hah! No worries, man. You know I like making fun of you, and making up my own stories because you're not on mic. =)

XenoRaven

Bungie is learning from their mistakes tho:

Laced up Lauren is waaaaaay more enjoyable then Prof Broman....

.... and also way prettier. She should be a regular on those reveal streams ^^
I really like her stream. She has the typical stuff you see on popular Twitch streams like donation and sub alerts (complete with dubstep), but she always comes off as really grateful and never obnoxious.

GhaleonEB

I thought Court of Oryx was brilliant. They clearly realized how boring Patrol had become. This way, you can bet if the rewards are right there will be a group of guardians sitting around the Court popping a rune or waiting for someone to pop a rune. Again, brilliant.

One detail I thought I heard was players could offer a rune while an event was going on, and they would queue up and play out sequentially. I hope that's the case; the statues lined up then basically become like virtual quarters set on the arcade cabinet as you await your turn as the summoner.

There seemed to be a lot of activity on the patrols, just from the small spaces they went through:

• Cabal/Taken/Hive megabattle ala Skywatch
  • Taken swarms with loot-dropping champions via the ethereal lights floating around.
  • Lots of nooks and crannies branching off.
  • Items drop that are not explained and require exploration, and then further patrolling to charge up.
  • Court of Oryx
This is in addition to any other public events they did not show that run on the regular timers. Triggering the different events feels a bit like a "choose your own difficulty" approach to patrols, which is something they really needed.

LTWood12

I was literally watching the stream while driving so I missed a lot. What was the max ammo count on the sword when she used a synth?

Urk and Lauren were great on stream and made it very fun. Ben on the other hand was difficult to listen to at times.

I was literally watching the stream while driving so I missed a lot. What was the max ammo count on the sword when she used a synth?

55. Each R2 swing depleted 5%, so that gave her 11 swings.

Top Bottom