• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution DC |OT| Electronic old men running the world. A new age.

I think the only thing I don't like is the enemy banter.
"Hey asshole!"
"Where you hiding asshole?!"
"Asshole!"
"Ass-"

Yeah, I am assuming once I get father this will improve lol

I think the only thing I don't like is the enemy banter.
"Hey asshole!"
"Where you hiding asshole?!"
"Asshole!"
"Ass-"

Yeah, I am assuming once I get father this will improve lol

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but...the banter during fights is pretty bad all the way through.

My favorite: "Learn to shoot!"

Think you'll get your own squad after what happened last night?
Oh wait, wrong game. =D

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but...the banter during fights is pretty bad all the way through.

My favorite: "Learn to shoot!"

Oh well, still shaping up to be one of the best games I have ever played. Though I did try playing a bit in French and it didn't bug me as much. For some reason I don't mind the swearing in the main and npc dialog, but hearing repeated swearing from enemies irritates the hell out of me.

Patch notes

A patch has just been released to address a number of bugs and issues that affected some players of Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut.

What exactly has been fixed? This right here:

AI Bug Fixes
The Personality Dialog no longer disappears when talking to Chase;
Chet Wagner no longer missing;
Sarif dialog fixed when using pheromones.

Graphic Fixes
Black material - Fixed texture problem on the base of Detroit convenience shops;
Black wall in Sarif HQ near the entrance fixed;
Bright green textures instead of metallic textures in Hengsha kitchens fixed;
Fixed textures tiling issues in Adam's apartment floor and wall, Detroit grass and corridors;
Fixed floor tiling issue in Detroit apartment carpets;
Fixed black material on Tai Yong Medical walls.

Sound/Music Fixes
Fixed stuck sound issues;
Megan intro music stops playing in the walk and talk;
Fixed audio glitches in level load;
Fixed incoming commentary sound glitch when the system is disabled;
Music no longer stalling when performing an alt-tab.

Features fixes and additions
Setup dialog: now possible to change settings outside of the game;
Text selection language option fixed;
Fixed language switching issues from Steam and in-game;
Some performance optimizations.

We are still working on a few issues, most crucially the second screen functionality on PC and Xbox. We are collaborating with Intel and Microsoft to provide the full Director's Cut experience to all players as soon as possible.

Demigod Mac

Are there any tweaks to set the yellow-orange color grading filter and HDR bloom like the original version's? A lot of people complained about those but I actually liked it better than the Directors Cut's.

Eusis

Been playing this on wiiu and its great but im missing the wiimote support....would it be that hard to implement it?
That tends to require some juggling with layouts, and for a game like this it honestly may not be practical to implement at all.

MEsoJD

Banned
Sadly it didn't fix the performance issues that were fixed in the original... How can these fucks not get it right? Even the texture pop ups are still occuring around the convience store...

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
How can these fucks not get it right?

These "fucks"? They just released a patch and said they are working on another one. Yeah it sucks that there are issues with the game, but they are fixing them.

Tizoc

Dat 6-7 GB PS3 Install data.

Question about PS3 ver.:
If I have a save data of the game where I'm in my 2nd Hengsha visit, from the regular release, will it work with the DC ver.?
Also do the Trophies I got from the regular ver. unlock instantly or do I gotta get the Trophies again? Not that that'd be an issue thanks to NG+

Been playing this on wiiu and its great but im missing the wiimote support....would it be that hard to implement it?

As much as I love Wiimote aiming, this game really doesn't need it that much. For one, playing it as a shooter is out of the question for me anyway, and second giving up the second screen just isn't worth it for this game.

Seriously, I tried getting into the PC version and it just doesn't work for me anymore. Dual Screen or nothing for this game.

Dat 6-7 GB PS3 Install data.

Question about PS3 ver.:
If I have a save data of the game where I'm in my 2nd Hengsha visit, from the regular release, will it work with the DC ver.?
Also do the Trophies I got from the regular ver. unlock instantly or do I gotta get the Trophies again? Not that that'd be an issue thanks to NG+

If Steam is any indication, no, trophies/achievements are separate. It's treated as it's own game.

Tizoc

^Coolios then, what about Save data? Will my last save from the regular ver. work with DC if they're the same region?

Eusis

^Coolios then, what about Save data? Will my last save from the regular ver. work with DC if they're the same region?
Same thing as with Steam probably: not cross compatible. The DLC Missing Link's part of the main campaign now so that may pose problems anyway.

Computron

iJCNvOdsyeW6S.gif

MEsoJD

Banned
These "fucks"? They just released a patch and said they are working on another one. Yeah it sucks that there are issues with the game, but they are fixing them.

When this game originally came out it had the same performance problems that were eventually fixed so I don't understand how it's not in the directors cut. This shouldn't be an issue to begin with in my opinion.

Tizoc

Same thing as with Steam probably: not cross compatible. The DLC Missing Link's part of the main campaign now so that may pose problems anyway.

Heh, well thanks to New Game Plus I can plan some stuff to do in my 2nd Hard playthrough.

Does the PC ver. have a patch or such that makes all of Adam's 1 enemy takedowns Punches to the face?

Guys, what's the exact name of Director's Cut steamapps folder?

I just bought it but my internet cap will not be sufficient to download the entire game.
My friend was coming to my city, so I asked and he brought his game files so I can put it in steamapps and do an integrity check. But he copied only the files to the pendrive instead of the whole folder and now I need the exact name of the folder so I can put those files in and do the check.

Can anyone give it a look for me?

Guys, what's the exact name of Director's Cut steamapps folder?

I just bought it but my internet cap will not be sufficient to download the entire game.
My friend was coming to my city, so I asked and he brought his game files so I can put it in steamapps and do an integrity check. But he copied only the files to the pendrive instead of the whole folder and now I need the exact name of the folder so I can put those files in and do the check.

Can anyone give it a look for me?

steamapps\common\Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
So wait, what about the Augmented Edition content? Do people who buy the DC get that, or was that only for the original game?

Jintor

Yeah so anyone help a bit with Missing Link?

Midway into the base, you come across a guard typing at a security console. The Director's Commentary says that he's supposed to be interrupted by a patrolling guard stopping him sending an email that has some clues for later in the DLC, but after a while he'll actually manage to send it out (or if you knock out the patrolling guard, I think). Except I've been crouched behind this file cabinet for a bit waiting for him to get interrupted and nothing's happening.

Is that supposed to happen? Did I miss the event already? Anyone know what's up with this guard?

Pikma

Banned
So I have the original PS3 version still wrapped because I never got to play it thanks to my fucking backlog, and I was wondering... Is this version really ESSENTIAL for experiencing the game for the first time? Or is it more of a "Game of the Year Edition" with a few tweaks here and there? Because I'd hate to play my copy knowing there's a definitive version out there, I just wouldn't enjoy it. I'd rather get this version (on WiiU prob.) and give away my PS3 copy to a random fellow gaffer if that's the case.

D-e-f-

Banned
So I have the original PS3 version still wrapped because I never got to play it thanks to my fucking backlog, and I was wondering... Is this version really ESSENTIAL for experiencing the game for the first time? Or is it more of a "Game of the Year Edition" with a few tweaks here and there? Because I'd hate to play my copy knowing there's a definitive version out there, I just wouldn't enjoy it. I'd rather get this version (on WiiU prob.) and give away my PS3 copy to a random fellow gaffer if that's the case.

Sell PS3 version or give to your buddy, get Wii U version. Read the OP for how much stuff they improved in this version. Wii U version is the one to get since it has all the improvements and the Director's Cut was built for it (for once).

EDarkness

Sell PS3 version or give to your buddy, get Wii U version. Read the OP for how much stuff they improved in this version. Wii U version is the one to get since it has all the improvements and the Director's Cut was built for it (for once).

I was just about to say the same thing. Definitely the version to get.

I recently finished the game (Wii U version). The game was maybe even a bit too long, especially the harbor level towards the end... Too much backtracking and the game stealing most of your augmentations (during the ship level that came previously) made it bit of a chore. The level that came after that was nice and easy in comparison, and the last level was a nice change of pace, even if the
zombie
cliche wasn't very welcome in a game that tried to take itself seriously most of the time. Well, maybe the whole plot kind of started to come apart at the seams near the end, but it felt like they tried to add everything they came up with into the same story.

Okay, all the complaining aside, the game was very satisfying when all was said and done. It gave you plenty of choices, and ways to solve your problems, and the illusions that the choices mattered. Which is always nice. I never got the typhoon augmentation, choosing stealth and hacking augments instead of that. Maybe the next time I play the game. But the length of the game will probably keep me away for a while, maybe after a couple of years I'll try again.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games

If you are already interested in the Wii U version, then you should go for that instead. Played this game on 360 back when it came out then again on Wii U, and the Wii U version makes me never want to have to pay a game like this on any other platform. Too bad we likely won't see any other games like this ever hit the console, as it is pretty much the perfect Deus Ex experience for me.

Hmm, looks like the ship and harbor levels were from the Missing Link DLC originally? That explains why they felt so out of place, and honestly slightly inferior to the main game. The backtracking and end boss arena reminded me of MGS...

My Fiancee gave me the Wii U version yesterday as an early Christmas gift! Only a couple of hours in, but already loving it. Shaping up to be the best game I've played since... Deus Ex!

The Wii U gamepad is perfect for this sort of game.

Kevtones

Finally playing this today on Wii U.

Game is damn good. Really digging on it and the Wii U implementation is fucking ace. Straight Right done well (and I liked the Mass Effect port FWIW too).

Okay, so the Typhoon makes every boss fight in this game 100% trivial.

Beat the first boss by hiding in the vents and shooting at him a lot.

Beat the second boss by using two EMP mines and typhoon hits directly afterwards (after Eliza drained her the first time or whatever).

Beat the third boss using the Typhoon twice.

Beat the fourth boss by using the Typhoon five times.

Top Bottom