• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution DC |OT| Electronic old men running the world. A new age.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I'm playing the WiiU version and I'm at the Missing Link part I guess. Can someone please tell me
if I get my augmentations back? I hate not being able to do everything I could before...

Yes. I believe you can get all your equipment back and you get all your augs back in the form of Praxis kits. Either during it or at the end of the Missing Link part.

Tizoc

I'm playing the WiiU version and I'm at the Missing Link part I guess. Can someone please tell me
if I get my augmentations back? I hate not being able to do everything I could before...

You will be able to find all the Praxis points you've attained during a point in the mission, this allows you to re-assign your abilities if you want to.
Incidently enough, there's a Trophy/Cheevo for beat Missing Link without using any Praxis Points or upgrades. It is very do-able

Yes. I believe you can get all your equipment back and you get all your augs back in the form of Praxis kits. Either during it or at the end of the Missing Link part.

You will be able to find all the Praxis points you've attained during a point in the mission, this allows you to re-assign your abilities if you want to.
Incidently enough, there's a Trophy/Cheevo for beat Missing Link without using any Praxis Points or upgrades. It is very do-able

Thanks, it was indeed as you told.

I've finished the game now and it's absolutely amazing. The start of The Missing Link was pretty hard, but patience was the key. Highly recommended.

Porcile

I finally managed to put in a decent session after getting the time to finish Wind Waker. My impressions are overwhelmingly positive, both of the game itself and the Wii features. Across the board it seems like Straight Right thought really hard about how to make it a genuine Wii U experience. For example, I really like that Off-TV play isn't just the game sans Gamepad. Neural icons on the side are still touch-screen controlled, so whatever way you play, your not getting that much of an inferior experience. Small things really, but's it's got a level of polish which has been missing from far too many Wii U games thus far. I'm glad I supported it despite all the detractors. Here's hoping for more!

D-e-f-

Banned
I finally managed to put in a decent session after getting the time to finish Wind Waker. My impressions are overwhelmingly positive, both of the game itself and the Wii features. Across the board it seems like Straight Right thought really hard about how to make it a genuine Wii U experience. For example, I really like that Off-TV play isn't just the game sans Gamepad. Neural icons on the side are still touch-screen controlled, so whatever way you play, your not getting that much of an inferior experience. Small things really, but's it's got a level of polish which has been missing from far too many Wii U games thus far. I'm glad I supported it despite all the detractors. Here's hoping for more!

I really love the work Straight Right has been doing on these Wii U ports so far. I'm hoping they get to do more on the platform (ports or original stuff). I finally ordered a (reasonably priced) copy of ME3: Special Edition because I'd like to play that again with their enhancements! They seem to really grasp the GamePad potential well in terms of enhancing traditional games.

I absolutely agree. It's the best use of the WiiU features I've seen so far. Miiverse is integrated perfectly and like you said, off tv play is a perfect compromise.

Apenheul

So typical, I always get distracted during missions when I find explorable buildings. At one point it took me more than half an hour to get into a heavily guarded building for a side-mission only to find out that I'd already taken care of all the guards on the inside some time before.

Raptomex

Somebody explain this to me. I've been playing the DC for the last week and am pretty far. So the missing link DLC is automatically integrated? I just recently learned you lose all your augments in the beginning of that DLC. With that said, I'm on the ship, recovered my armor and all my augments are reset? Is this correct? So that's it? Now I'm fucked? I had so much stuff maxed out. I don't think I beat the original story. It just kind of blended together.

cilonen

Somebody explain this to me. I've been playing the DC for the last week and am pretty far. So the missing link DLC is automatically integrated? I just recently learned you lose all your augments in the beginning of that DLC. With that said, I'm on the ship, recovered my armor and all my augments are reset? Is this correct? So that's it? Now I'm fucked? I had so much stuff maxed out. I don't think I beat the original story. It just kind of blended together.

Missing Link actually chronologically happens around 3/4 the way through the story, the original game had no ship section

I think - IIRC, I'm not there in the Director's Cut yet - that you get to 'rebuild 'your augments so you can re-spec if you want to at the end of ML.

Raptomex

I don't want to respec. I read on giantbomb the points are awarded back upon completion of the missing link. That better be true because I'm putting in points in other stuff.

Maxrunner

Just walk very slowly towards them. In the PC version there was a separate "walk" key that allowed you to attain the maximum crawling speed before any of them would blow off. In any console version (or PC with controller), it's up to your judgement on how slow you crawl via the analog stick.

These had red lights and the ones you get later for use have green lights...

SRTtoZ

I installed this a while ago just to make sure it runs good but I'm putting it off until I finish the BO2 and Ghosts campaign. My backlog is so big right now.

Can you play Off-TV mode without switching the TV on first to select the option?

Also, are the Wii U cut scenes choppy for both disc & digital versions?

I am very tempted to buy this now.

Can you play Off-TV mode without switching the TV on first to select the option?

Also, are the Wii U cut scenes choppy for both disc & digital versions?

I am very tempted to buy this now.

I have the digital version and although the cutscenes don't look that crispy, there's no stuttering if that's what you mean. I haven't used off tv, gamepad features are too good.

Buy it.

raschi

I have the digital version and although the cutscenes don't look that crispy, there's no stuttering if that's what you mean. I haven't used off tv, gamepad features are too good.

Buy it.
The gamepad stuff work just the same when playing off TV. The touch interface is nicely integrated with the main HUD. The only downgrade is a smaller map of course.
Yes you can.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Finished the DC. Game has aged remarkably well in gameplay. Still a better Metal Gear stealth game than Metal Gear Solid 4. Great level design. Decent story (even if it falls apart at the end). Yet another reminder that these kinds of games are disappointingly few and far between.

Integrating the DLC into the main quest works well and makes it the definitive version, and I like most of the boss tactic additions, even if the total sum of parts does skewer the difficulty towards the easy side. The pre-order DLC weapons integrated as general loot is good on paper, but the auto-unlock devices are still overpowered as fuck. The abundance of praxis points you'll have earned by the end is probably greater than standard Human Revolution too, so you're again left with almost everything unlock (literally). This was a problem with the base game though. Hopefully Deus Ex 4 is stricter in its praxis handouts.

The boss amendments are fine in the sense that they were awful to begin with so any extra option is beneficial, even if these extra options are mostly the same thing: hack a door to enter a new area, maybe crawl through a vent, disable or walk through lasers, activate turrets/robots to kill boss. The layouts change but the concept is the same every time, and if you don't have specific tiers of skill you're still gonna have to take them head on (though ammo distribution is more liberal in the boss encounters too). Namir was probably the only one that seemed a bit busted, because on the highest difficulty he's so agile and takes so much damage that, coupled with his explosive attacks, it's easy for him to take out your mechs, regressing the boss fight to the original idea (the laser rifle helps).

I played through on Give Me Deus Ex difficulty and rolled stealth/hacker/pacifists like I did on my very first playthrough, and had an easier time that, which was on a lower difficulty. Once you've got some good augs and equipment the game is really super easy to cheese. Cloak/batteries/stungun = win.

The game does have some production issues, like with animations, but a lot of those are due to the engine and restrictions the team had making the game. I ended up really liking the new lighting engine. I wasn't a big hater on the old filters, but the new lighting is really nice. Hengsha maybe loses a little something without the old lighting model, but that's about it.

Commentary was outstanding (played through with it on). Candid, honest, and thorough. Implementation could have been a lot better, like seeing the nodes instead of having to hunt them, and some cue informing you've listened to one already. But the content makes up for the execution.

No touch stuff on my end, played on PC. Touch stuff seems great from what I've seen/heard, but DX:HR already worked amazingly with mouse/keyboard (thanks Nixxes) so I'm not missing those extras. Don't need a guide or anything.

All in all, the game is still one of my favourites of the generation, even if the crappy stuff is pretty crappy. The final level is still total, utter balls. Fine idea, terrible execution. But everything leading up to it is amazing, and the commentary helps you appreciate the issues they had throughout the entire production. The Missing Link and the Tracer Tong quest integrated into the main game works really well. The latter was always a throwaway mission you can breeze through in a couple of minute, but The Missing Link is really fantastic and helps buff the lore and narrative in some important areas. Pre-order equipment integrated works, even if it does make the game easier. Praxis distribution is still too liberal. Some augs are borderline useless. But that's Human Revolution as it always was.

Very, very happy with the $5 I payed to upgrade, and I still think the game is worth the full price of investment if you've never played it before. Definitive version.

D-e-f-

Banned
Can anyone tell me of the Mac version of Deux Ex: Human Revolution Ultimate Edition is the same as the Director's Cut?

It's not. It would be called Director's Cut otherwise. It was handled by a completely different dev and publisher even and came out in March. That should tell you that it's not the same. It's just the original game + DLC.

http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Deus_Ex:_Human_Revolution_-_Ultimate_Edition

None of the Director's Cut improvements are in that version.

Playing through for the first time and am now walking around Detroit. Oh my god this has to be one of the best games I gave ever played! The attention to detail is astounding. I bought the origional game when it came out on PS3 but only made it to mission in Milwaukee and got frustrated and quit. The Wii U version is really hooking me in and making me kinda glad I waited.

What systems have issues, and what are they? I tried to find more info in this thread but it's hard to figure out what platforms people are playing on. I'm worried about the PC version.

The PC version seems to be the one with the most issues from what I've heard. Basically, it sounds like they used an old build of HR when making the Director's Cut. Thus, there are a bunch of issues that were problems when the game was first released, but were later patched.

Mostly performance issues and a few graphical bugs. There are some registry fixes that help with performance for a lot of people.

For the most part I didn't have any major issues, though. Performance wasn't great, but the registry fixes helped.

They also toned down the gold filter a LOT. Some people like the change, some people don't. (Personally, I think Detroit looks better in the Director's Cut, but Hengsha looked better in the original.)

Porcile

I'm currently doing the Tai Yong Facility Data Core mission. I love the change in visual direction once you get to the stop of the elevator. Really stunning area, easily my favourite of the game so far.

The PC version seems to be the one with the most issues from what I've heard. Basically, it sounds like they used an old build of HR when making the Director's Cut. Thus, there are a bunch of issues that were problems when the game was first released, but were later patched.

Mostly performance issues and a few graphical bugs. There are some registry fixes that help with performance for a lot of people.

For the most part I didn't have any major issues, though. Performance wasn't great, but the registry fixes helped.

They also toned down the gold filter a LOT. Some people like the change, some people don't. (Personally, I think Detroit looks better in the Director's Cut, but Hengsha looked better in the original.)

Thanks for an in-depth write-up. I'll subscribe to this thread and see what people think if it gets patched.

thenexus6

Need to finish this, got stuck at a boss towards the very end and haven't played for ages.. I think I kinda screwed myself over so not sure how I will ever get past it.

Also, "hey you american.. go yankees!"

Top Bottom