• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution DC |OT| Electronic old men running the world. A new age.

I loved Deus Ex Human Revolution, so I was really excited about the Director's Cut, in particular the New Game Plus mode. Sadly, on PC, the Director's Cut is incompatible with the regular game, so you can't transfer saves. Which means I can't play New Game Plus Mode without beating the game *again*. Being an older gamer, I don't have time for that sadly.

If somebody beats the Director's Cut on PC, will they share their save file with me so I can dive straight into New Game Plus mode? I'd be really appreciative.

Maxrunner

What's the general consensus on the game? The Wii U version is pretty cheap down where I live so I'm contemplating on picking it up. I already own the PS3 version of the original and didnt get the chance to play much but it showed a deal of promise and I'm wondering whether I should jump onto the new version while its still a fresh experience to me.

I have the pc version of the original but made a deal with the DC wiiu version, and i'm quite liking it, althought the framerate could be more stable, but i think the pple who donwloaded it from the eshop might get better performance. Shame one cannot install the retail version on the hdd.

I loved Deus Ex Human Revolution, so I was really excited about the Director's Cut, in particular the New Game Plus mode. Sadly, on PC, the Director's Cut is incompatible with the regular game, so you can't transfer saves. Which means I can't play New Game Plus Mode without beating the game *again*. Being an older gamer, I don't have time for that sadly.

If somebody beats the Director's Cut on PC, will they share their save file with me so I can dive straight into New Game Plus mode? I'd be really appreciative.
Sure, I think this should be it: http://www.mediafire.com/download/oz1ff5mcc49ana4/238010.rar

Just extract that in your /Steam/userdata/[numbers equating to your profile]/ folder and that should do it. The first four saves or so are from my replay of the Missing Link section so you can ignore that, there should be a NG+ option on the main menu but I haven't used it yet to see how it works exactly.

Shaanyboi

Banned
What's the general consensus on the game? The Wii U version is pretty cheap down where I live so I'm contemplating on picking it up. I already own the PS3 version of the original and didnt get the chance to play much but it showed a deal of promise and I'm wondering whether I should jump onto the new version while its still a fresh experience to me.

WiiU version is pretty great.

WiiU version is pretty great.

And really hard to find. I went to Game Centre, no copies. Best Buy, nothing. EBGames, nada. Game Shack, nothing. Another EBgames had the case on the shelves, but no copies left (how does that even work?). Finally found a Future Shop with 2-3 copies left and snagged one. It seems most places only ordered enough to fill preorders, so if you're interested and you see it, you should probably grab it. I had thought about just holding off for a price drop or asking for it for Christmas, but at this rate I don't know if it will be around in a month.

Eusis

I guess in this instance the extra $20 really justifies itself, though the PS3 challenged that with Vita compatibility.

Still, don't feel particularly bad about grabbing for $5 on PC, though I think I'll only seriously play whenever I can get it for cheap on Wii U.

Schnozberry

I guess in this instance the extra $20 really justify themselves, though the PS3 challenged that with Vita compatibility.

Still, don't feel particularly bad about grabbing for $5 on PC, though I think I'll only seriously play whenever I can get it for cheap on Wii U.

You'll have to wait for an eShop sale. It doesn't seem like they printed many retail copies.

It doesn't seem like they printed many retail copies.

To the point where I'm almost wondering if I should go back and buy another copy to keep sealed. Not sure what the demand will be like in the future though.

Anyway, about to dive in, hope I dig this more than the original HR.

To the point where I'm almost wondering if I should go back and buy another copy to keep sealed. Not sure what the demand will be like in the future though.

Anyway, about to dive in, hope I dig this more than the original HR.
1 per gamestop it looks like. Crazy.
I think best buy is getting bit in stock on the 29th in case any of you are still looking for thecwii u version.

I'm loving it.

Sure, I think this should be it: http://www.mediafire.com/download/oz1ff5mcc49ana4/238010.rar

Just extract that in your /Steam/userdata/[numbers equating to your profile]/ folder and that should do it. The first four saves or so are from my replay of the Missing Link section so you can ignore that, there should be a NG+ option on the main menu but I haven't used it yet to see how it works exactly.

Thanks, man.

For others wanting to skip to New Game Plus, like me, the NG+ option does appear on the main menu, but my copy of the game crashes to desktop just seconds into the first load.

The way to get the saves to work is to load the most recent one from Missing Link, then run the last normal Campaign save. This will load the game with the Game Complete achievements. Then the NG+ option will work.

Also, dang, Rickenslacker. Hardest difficulty, no detections, no kills. Bravo, sir.

I already own the original on my Mac and it runs with everything full there, but tbh I got to the first boss, died a bunch of times and never went back to it.

I'm wondering if it would be worth going back to; the U is my favourite system to game on, and the rebalances and new gimmicks might be enough to get me going again.

So far, it's been worth going back. There's a noticeable visual downgrade, but the game is about 178% more fun to play. This was clearly meant to be seen on a big screen (some of the cinemas can still give me chills), and the added pad stuff is great.

One pretty irritating thing is that there's no way to stop the commentary once it starts playing. In addition, there's no indication on the screen of whether or not you've listened to a particular commentary already. When wandering around the cities I'll occasionally activate a commentary I already listened to without realizing it. (Or just accidentally activate one when I didn't want to.) This then means I'm stuck listening to the same 5 minutes or so of commentary I already heard.

The commentary is fantastic, but that's a pretty annoying little quirk of it.

Commentary is clumsily implemented but juicy: I didn't know I had to activate it with "f" or select and lost a few of them until I hit the first level. It's pretty good stuff anyway, you get a lot of insights like the nigerian scam easter eggs or the fact you can go back through the whole level of the first mission and hear the remarks of the police because that's how the designer felt the game should have been (but level designer begged to differ ahahah).

EDIT:
- "Baseball, the game that takes forever and nothing happens?"
- "No, that's soccer."
Bwahahahah

Really found my groove with this on the U version. I usually find stealth boring, too much waiting around, but going unseen through this feels totally badass.

Genji

Here's the ones I know of.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eidos\Deus Ex: HRDC
Change "AllowJobStealing" to 0

If you're running DX11 also change
"D3D11_CREATE_DEVICE_PREVENT_INTERNAL_TH­READING_OPTIMIZATIONS" to 1

for nVidia users

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eidos\Deus Ex: HRDC\Graphics
Change "AtiForceFetch4" to 0

Thanks for posting this, made a huge difference. Game was pretty much unplayable before making the suggested regedits.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
I've tried all the registry edits and the game is still broken with mouse controls. Game is unplayable :/

Tried V-sync off /Buffering off and nothing changes. It's like the DPI on my mouse is really low and sluggish.

Probably been asked before but would someone care to explain what's new in PS3 version? I have the original Deus Ex H.R. for PS3 so trying to decide wheter to get this or not.

D-e-f-

Banned
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut Mobile friendly |OT| I never asked for this flip phone.

Listen to the soundtrack while viewing, if you like.
Be sure to check out Abunai's fantastic original DX:HR |OT|

Release date:
October 22, 2013

Platforms
  • Mac
  • Xbox 360
  • PlayStation 3
  • PlayStation Network (PS3)
  • PC
  • Wii U

Developers
  • Straight Right
  • Eidos Studios Montreal
  • Snowed In Studios

Publisher
Square Enix

Wii U Features
This version of the game has been significantly enhanced with system-specific features such as dedicated Miiverse Integration and a Neural Hub on the GamePad that allows for touchscreen-hacking, interactive map editing, augmented sniping and other GamePad interactions.

Online Features

Draw on the map or record audio notes to share via Miiverse.
Miiverse integration, aside from the standard screenshot and message board functions entails the ability to share either typed, hand drawn and/or audio notes (recorded via the GamePad microphone), so called Infologs that players can leave on the map, with their friends. It is essentially an enhanced version of bloodstains, first found in Demon's Souls. These Infologs can be shared via Miiverse and downloaded by friends who will then be able to look at, for example, a screenshot with a hand-written note and an audio clip inside it.

Gameplay Enhancements & New Content

On top of making use of the full breadth of Wii U's features, the game will also offer hours of developer commentaries, a New Game+ mode, achievements, a fully interactive in-game guide along with gameplay tweaks like improved A.I., overhauled boss fights, refined game balance and combat and visual improvements.

All DLC is Included

All previously available content has been brought together in one seamless package.
The "Missing Link," which was available as DLC for the original and Tong's rescue mission that shipped with the Augmented Edition have been seamlessly integrated into the narrative flow of the game. The Missing Link still has players lose their abilities at the beginning but they will be able to bring all the new augmentations and weapons into the regular game after the content is completed and their missing skill points will be awarded back to them.

New Game+ Mode & Achievements

The highly requested New Game+ mode has added to the Director's Cut, letting players carry over their augmentations and weapons from their first playthrough. All the achievements from the original game, including the Missing Link DLC achievements and new Director's Cut achievements are built into the game as well.

Boss Battles & A.I. Improvements

In terms of the revamped boss battles, all the maps have been reworked to include options for stealth and hacking, allowing players to solve the encounters without firing a single bullet (although the bosses still have to be killed in some way). Eidos Montreal had originally made tweaks to the A.I. for the Missing Link DLC that has now been applied to the entire game.

Another gameplay tweak is that now two energy cells recharge in all but the highest difficulties, allowing for more experimentation and use of augmentations.

Visual Augmentation

Cleaner visuals and better lighting from the DLC are now applied to the whole game.
The improvements in the visual department consist of smoother shadows, better lighting and anti-aliasing which are now part of the whole game. According to Eidos Montreal's Emile Pedneault, the Director's Cut on Wii U is even "sharper than the PC version," likely referring not to the actual sharpness of the resolution but to the graphical improvements originally found in the "Missing Link" DLC which were applied to the whole game while also being improved even further.

Exclusive Bonus Content

Also included in the Director's Cut are a 45-minute Making Of-documentary and around eight hours of developer commentary from Eidos Montreal in the vein of Valve games like Half Life 2 or Portal that have small icons appearing in the world that trigger the audio files which can then be played back even while the player continues to explore the level.

Additionally, five languages (German, English, Spanish, French, Italian) are available on the disc in both subtitle and audio form including the ability to mix and match. And finally, a left-handed control option has also been added with four preset layout variations.

PC Upgrade Plan

For the PC version of the Director's Cut, Square Enix announced an upgrade plan for those who already invested in the original game. This offer is limited to the Steam version.

New purchase (if you don’t already have the game): £12.99/€19.99/$19.99
Own the basic game (with no DLC): £6.99/€7.99/$9.99
Own the game and Missing Link DLC: £3.49/€3.99/$4.99

Digital Distribution File Size:

About 14 gigs.

System Requirements

AgentOtaku takes us through using the Vita as a controller for the PS3:
"Um, did you know you can play Deus Ex: Human Revolution DC via VIta, Wii U pad style?"

Oh wow, nice job OP for totally copy/pasting my wiki on giantbomb without giving credit lol.

smh

At least update it to the most current version which I fleshed out a while ago.

NotLiquid

Oh wow. So I caved in with the Wii U version, and it's pretty damn great. Never mind that the game is just as fucking fantastic continuing from what I had already played, the Wii U extras are really good. This is exactly the kind of multiplatform experience I'd hope to get from a Wii U version and is definitely one of the best imaginable ways for me to play the game.

This is probably the best multiplatform game that the Wii U has so far. Great job, Straight Right.

Maxrunner

Oh wow. So I caved in with the Wii U version, and it's pretty damn great. Never mind that the game is just as fucking fantastic continuing from what I had already played, the Wii U extras are really good. This is exactly the kind of multiplatform experience I'd hope to get from a Wii U version and is definitely one of the best imaginable ways for me to play the game.

This is probably the best multiplatform game that the Wii U has so far. Great job, Straight Right.

Has a port it's really the best yet.

Cystm

Oh wow, nice job OP for totally copy/pasting my wiki on giantbomb without giving credit lol.

smh

At least update it to the most current version which I fleshed out a while ago.

http://www.giantbomb.com/deus-ex-human-revolution-directors-cut/3030-42021/wiki-history/

It's a community effort. I credited the wiki page. I thought I had that in there in the bottom of the link. I edit my posts obsessively and missed that and probably many other things.

That one is a big thing though and you are absolutely right to call me out on that.

Rnr1224

i have both the original and the missing link so $5 seems like a good price for this. i never did beat the original so the DC could get me back into it. still unsure though

Zuly

Forgive the stupid question and I'm sure somebody has asked this already but I'm too lazy to read eight pages, does the discount for already owning vanilla still apply for Steam gifts?

Almighty

Forgive the stupid question and I'm sure somebody has asked this already but I'm too lazy to read eight pages, does the discount for already owning vanilla still apply for Steam gifts?

It might be because I already bought it for myself, but the gifting option is now greyed out for me. So looks like they might have closed that little oversight. Looks like I should of gifted it to my brother when I had the chance.

So this. The gamepad map alone makes it a much more fluid experience. Ghosting through the FEMA internment camp, I feel like a total fucking boss. And with the touch screen, I get the hacking now much more than I did in the original version. I am loving the hell out of this game now, the sequel has shot to the top of my next ten most anticipated list.

Can you plug headphones into the Gamepad and have all audio come through when playing on the TV?

Yes you can, and the audio's kind of amazing that way.

So this. The gamepad map alone makes it a much more fluid experience. Ghosting through the FEMA internment camp, I feel like a total fucking boss. And with the touch screen, I get the hacking now much more than I did in the original version. I am loving the hell out of this game now, the sequel has shot to the top of my next ten most anticipated list.

Yes you can, and the audio's kind of amazing that way.

Excellent. I can't believe I'm saying it, but I'm really thinking of getting this. The price initially turned me off, especially since I can get it cheaper on PC. I own the original version but didn't get too far - something just didn't feel right to me. But with the changes they've made plus the Wii U exclusive stuff, I'm very tempted.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Excellent. I can't believe I'm saying it, but I'm really thinking of getting this. The price initially turned me off, especially since I can get it cheaper on PC. I own the original version but didn't get too far - something just didn't feel right to me. But with the changes they've made plus the Wii U exclusive stuff, I'm very tempted.

It seems to be the version they put effort into....

D-e-f-

Banned
http://www.giantbomb.com/deus-ex-human-revolution-directors-cut/3030-42021/wiki-history/

It's a community effort. I credited the wiki page. I thought I had that in there in the bottom of the link. I edit my posts obsessively and missed that and probably many other things.

That one is a big thing though and you are absolutely right to call me out on that.

I know it's a community effort in general. I happen to have written the entire page aside from the PC specs thing, though. No clue where the other user has gotten their multiple hundred points from. Ultimately, it's not a big deal. Would've just been nice to have it mentioned somewhere :)

cilonen

Oh fuck. Is this also why I can't get higher than 40fps with a GTX690 no matter what settings I choose?

The original DXHR was fine last year - I'm now worried about firing it up to compare.

Edit: er. nope. that's mouse issues only. Anyone on PC having difficulties with this?

Edit 2: This is bullshit. DXHR - 120fps locked. DHXR Director's Cut with exact same settings - 40 FPS max.

cilonen

Here's the ones I know of.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eidos\Deus Ex: HRDC
Change "AllowJobStealing" to 0

If you're running DX11 also change
"D3D11_CREATE_DEVICE_PREVENT_INTERNAL_TH­READING_OPTIMIZATIONS" to 1

for nVidia users

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eidos\Deus Ex: HRDC\Graphics
Change "AtiForceFetch4" to 0

Aha. Thanks a lot :)

So after playing through the DC twice, and now starting the Commentary feature (WiiU btw) this version is so much better than the one I bought on PC (obviously not technically so don't get your panties in a bunch), but the Gamepad controls, reading emails on the second screen, hacking with touch controls, writing notes, recording audio logs for Miiverse, and last but not least, off TV play on the Gamepad. Man playing Deus Ex in Bed next to my GF is awesome.

So after playing through the DC twice, and now starting the Commentary feature (WiiU btw) this version is so much better than the one I bought on PC (obviously not technically so don't get your panties in a bunch), but the Gamepad controls, reading emails on the second screen, hacking with touch controls, writing notes, recording audio logs for Miiverse, and last but not least, off TV play on the Gamepad. Man playing Deus Ex in Bed next to my GF is awesome.

Don't make me buy this :(

That mirrors my experience exactly. All I can say is, I've got my $50 worth. This version feels a lot more...open?...than the PC (in my case, OS X) version did for me.

Apenheul

Indeed the Wii U port is very well done, the use of the gamepad makes sense and improves the experience and the image quality is very good. The only drawback is that the framerate drops at times when rotating the camera in scenes with lots of transparencies.

Is it possible to deactivate these wall mines on the wiiu version? I remember doing it on the pc vrrsion....but on the wiiu i cant seem to turned them off quickly...

sfried

Is it possible to deactivate these wall mines on the wiiu version? I remember doing it on the pc vrrsion....but on the wiiu i cant seem to turned them off quickly...
Just walk very slowly towards them. In the PC version there was a separate "walk" key that allowed you to attain the maximum crawling speed before any of them would blow off. In any console version (or PC with controller), it's up to your judgement on how slow you crawl via the analog stick.

I'm playing the WiiU version and I'm at the Missing Link part I guess. Can someone please tell me
if I get my augmentations back? I hate not being able to do everything I could before...

Top Bottom