• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

thelatestmodel said:
Steam version. No mods, it's not worth the hassle and they do not improve the core game experience.

You don't really need a guide, just familiarize yourself with the basic controls, and remember that you right click to pick things up.

Be patient when aiming in the early stages of the game, the shooting mechanics are a little dated and can be a bit weird to someone picking it up now. Plan your attacks carefully and you'll be fine.

I would argue that the new vision mod is essential for the original game. It's also extremely easy to install, really a no-brainer if you're gonna play the original.

Effect

Deadly Cyclone said:
I feel stupid, I started Deus Ex 1 but found it difficult (partly due to being old, partly due to me not being a PC gamer), how is the difficulty through the rest of the game after Liberty Island?
Curious about this as well. I just finished the Liberty Island mission and didn't find it designed very well. You are a part of a organized military group yet they give you almost nothing really to aide you on what is a solo assault, even if you were to stealth it. It's not like you are being dropped in Solid Snake style and need to grab weapons on site because you can't take anything with you. Why it's you and alone I can understand from a technical stand point but the lake of supplies is something I don't get even looking at the situation. I hope the next mission and area are better design. I had more fun walking around the base after that mission then the actual mission.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
MrCompletely said:
I would argue that the new vision mod is essential for the original game. It's also extremely easy to install, really a no-brainer if you're gonna play the original.

How do you install this? (Again, not too much of a PC gamer, but I have Deus Ex on Steam).

abunai

wutwutwut

Tacitus_ said:
Have you played a build newer than the leaked one? Because the boss in that required you to shoot at him a lot. Or are you just playing with semantics since there were some interactable objects you could throw at him?
Yes, those are what I was referring to, and of course I'm depending on semantics. Everybody depends on semantics, since words mean things. "Shooting the bosses lots" implies using inventory ammo and weapons to fire directly at the boss. That is definitely not what you do when you throw an explosive barrel at him.

ultron87

I went from being not hyped at all for this (despite the amazing trailers) to being super hyped. I don't really know why.

I'll be getting this day one.

.la1n

ultron87 said:
I went from being not hyped at all for this (despite the amazing trailers) to being super hyped. I don't really know why.

I'll be getting this day one.

You have my word, you will not be disappointed.

iratA

Can't find any info that says the Collectors editions are individually numbered. Would be nice though, Link?

garath

I have this pre-ordered on Steam ready to go. I just wish Steam would update with the real release date. I want to see the countdown!

I have all next week off and plan on spending at least a couple days on this game.

garath said:
I have this pre-ordered on Steam ready to go. I just wish Steam would update with the real release date. I want to see the countdown!

I have all next week off and plan on spending at least a couple days on this game.
There is a countdown in the official website: www.deusex.com

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
BIONIC-ARRRMMM!! said:
The game is 11 years old and I didn't play it when it came out, I might dig up the PS2 version (sue me) since it's supposedly a pretty good port down the line but currently I have no interest.
You have no interest in playing one of the best games in the world, that also happens to be the predecessor for a game you're interested in? Solo was right. That's fucking weird.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Awesome OT.

So hyped for this game. I am about half way through Hong Kong in my replay of the original. Sooo good.

JerkShep

Playing the first DE right now, hope I can complete it before HR release.
Oh, and loving it so much. I've just arrived in
Paris
, how far am I?

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I am so excited for this, it's been a long time coming. Getting the PC Augmented Edition off Amazon.

I hope it sells absurdly well.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Well made thread OP, at least we've got one thread all future Deus Ex discussions can stay in now! I'm going to play none-leathal social stealth at first play though, and stick to my damn consequences. The game's going to be glorious.

bengraven

This game will be the complete opposite of everything I hate in gaming today.

coolguysdontlookatexplosionsp1.gif

trw

JerkShep said:
Playing the first DE right now, hope I can complete it before HR release.
Oh, and loving it so much. I've just arrived in
Paris
, how far am I?

If you've just arrived I'd say a third of the way perhaps, maybe less. It's a long game by todays standards.

Tacitus_

wutwutwut said:
Yes, those are what I was referring to, and of course I'm depending on semantics. Everybody depends on semantics, since words mean things. "Shooting the bosses lots" implies using inventory ammo and weapons to fire directly at the boss. That is definitely not what you do when you throw an explosive barrel at him.

See, you could kill a boss in Deus Ex 1 by snooping around and finding their kill phrase. Then you just had to say it at the start of the boss fight. You got my hopes up :|

So sexy.

What's most intriguing here is that the plot and the way it handles its themes, from what I saw in the preview, could very well be good enough to rank among the best in the cyberpunk genre regardless of medium. I'm talking Neuromancer-levels here, which is unprecedented in gaming as far as I'm concerned.

I'm pumped, and way overhyped!

Plissken

Great OP! Been looking forward to this since the first announcement, now just one week til I play possibly the GOTY. Hype get!

One minor issue; when I click the link for "The first CGI teaser" it states "The uploader has not made this video available in your country". (I live in the U.S.)

Tacitus_ said:
See, you could kill a boss in Deus Ex 1 by snooping around and finding their kill phrase. Then you just had to say it at the start of the boss fight. You got my hopes up :|
See in Deus Ex if you picked the wrong option in one conversation several hours ago, you couldn't do that and had to fight the boss.

Solo

Fine Ham Abounds said:
Count me in the "never played the first game but hyped for this one" camp.

You can commence pelting me with tomatoes now.

Gunther Herrmann would like a word with you.

thelatestmodel said:
Dangerous territory, but let's hope you're right!
Though it should be noted that I don't hold Neuromancer in particularly high regard as a work of literature, but I do enjoy it. It's mainly that the genre, in my eyes, has a ton of untapped potential since the major works aren't really up to snuff besides having cool themes (GitS etc.). It's a pretty unique position, and the quality I've seen so far is very high as far as video games go. Anyway, I hope I'm right too!

anyone in the US ordering a UK/EU copy to get all the bonuses seeing as how the preorder content is split in the US? I wonder if it's worth it.

Calavera520 said:
anyone in the US ordering a UK/EU copy to get all the bonuses seeing as how the preorder content is split in the US? I wonder if it's worth it.
Probably not? But if some one gives me a link and makes a good case for it, I might think about buying it.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
EmCeeGramr said:
My expectation is augmented.

I'm sure whatever is wrong with Human Revolution will be fixed in the sequel.

Tacitus_

Lostconfused said:
See in Deus Ex if you picked the wrong option in one conversation several hours ago, you couldn't do that and had to fight the boss.

Still better than cutscene -> bosstime. Oh well, it's not like it's a huge loss.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I got to Hong Kong in the Ps2 version of the original. How much is left after that? I may just start over on it. Sure its ugly as sin, but its still fun.

Top Bottom