• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

x-Lundz-x

Lostconfused said:
The UI is definitely fit for a console. Even the reworked PC interface doesn't feel similar to the Deus Ex made for mouse and keyboard UI. Not that it's a bad thing. But this game was made for consoles, no question about it.

What game this generation is not made for consoles? Doesn't matter, it's going to be amazing no matter what platform it was developed for.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Lostconfused said:
The UI is definitely fit for a console. Even the reworked PC interface doesn't feel similar to the Deus Ex made for mouse and keyboard UI. Not that it's a bad thing. But this game was made for consoles, no question about it.
I simply don't see a problem with that. I'm buying the PC version, but intended to play it with a gamepad from day 1. If the PC version had an interface incompatible with a gamepad, I would have been quite upset and ended up buying a console version instead.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Human Revolution is no less 'consolised' than The Witcher 2. Thankfully, like The Witcher 2, most of the changes seem to be for the better :).

Horns

I'm def getting the console version and the PC version. I'm just waiting to hear if there is any difference in the console versions.

Solo

Lostconfused said:
Neither do I. I am just saying Solo had a good reason for pointing out that this is not the best place to start calling other games consolized.

And that was literally the only point I was trying to make. Both games are "consolized" to various degrees, DX moreso.

Anyways, any word on how big the Steam download will be?

Deadbeat

Banned
You cant really use the term consolized. Use the term dumbed down. For example: what would you say Socom 4 is? You cant say its consolized because its a console franchise. You say it was dumbed down. HR wasnt dumbed down.

Now hopefully this game does well enough and Square doesnt fuck with Eidos Montreal so then they can make Thief 4 properly.

Simo

Whoa awesome OP. Like BruceLeeRoy awesome. Great job!

Back in the review thread the collector's edition guide was brought up with Future Press announcing Amazon was now taking preorders? Errr is Amazon the only distributor because Gamestop has my preorder for one and has had it for a while now...?

mudkyp

Xater said:
Great OP abunai, now you only need a mod to fix it. ;)

Has anyone read the book? Is it any good?

The book is fun, gives some nice back story to the overall world for Human Revolution. A couple of characters from the first Deus Ex show up as well which is an added bonus.

renitou

I need to find out if R1 will be "shoot" in this game. Can't stand games that mirror the 360 version in regard to the triggers. Cannot adjust to R2 for shooting.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Deadbeat said:
You cant really use the term consolized. Use the term dumbed down. For example: what would you say Socom 4 is? You cant say its consolized because its a console franchise. You say it was dumbed down. HR wasnt dumbed down.

Now hopefully this game does well enough and Square doesnt fuck with Eidos Montreal so then they can make Thief 4 properly.

pretty much this

Horns said:
I'm just waiting to hear if there is any difference in the console versions.

Yeah, this.

I want to pre-order the Augmented Edition but dunno what version to go with.

Is there any general consensus, yet?

renitou said:
I need to find out if R1 will be "shoot" in this game. Can't stand games that mirror the 360 version in regard to the triggers. Cannot adjust to R2 for shooting.

Wonder if I could find a video somewhere, but pretty sure it's R1...

Untracked

Very nice OP.

After trying the preview build I cannot wait for this.
I've decided on the Augmented Edition but I still don't know which platform to go for.

My PC barely ran the preview build, frame rate was all over the place at 1280 x 720 but will the 360 version run any better? I have no clue. Decisions...

Getting this for my birthday about a week after release. Can't wait.

I do vaguely remember renting the PS2 port of the original, but didn't have enough time to complete it.

Untracked said:
Very nice OP.

After trying the preview build I cannot wait for this.
I've decided on the Augmented Edition but I still don't know which platform to go for.

My PC barely ran the preview build, frame rate was all over the place at 1280 x 720 but will the 360 version run any better? I have no clue. Decisions...
What's your hardware? It's pretty reasonable to expect that the performance will be much improved in the final release.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I never played the original game, I got in on D2D today and I'll try and through it before HR comes out. The game looks fantastic.

Untracked

Danne-Danger said:
What's your hardware? It's pretty reasonable to expect that the performance will be much improved in the final release.

2.9GHz CORE i3
4GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5670

It was playable, but the frame rate went to shit in the City Hub. Is there any 360 footage anywhere?

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
I won't be home until the 28th so I gotta wait a few days.

If Human Revolution is consolized I want all PC games to be consolized. To see what consolized mean go play Mass Effect (Inventory) or Invisible War (whole game).

Untracked said:
2.9GHz CORE i3
4GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5670

It was playable, but the frame rate went to shit in the City Hub. Is there any 360 footage anywhere?
Ah, well that is a borderline case. Though from what I heard I think ATI cards struggled more than Nvidia in the preview.

cackhyena

Danne-Danger said:
Ah, well that is a borderline case. Though from what I heard I think ATI cards struggled more than Nvidia in the preview.
Shit. I might be in trouble. A couple posters tried to alleviate my fears with mine having the same troubles and my specs are a little worse than his. Guess it's time to pray, since I already ordered from GMG.

cackhyena said:
Shit. I might be in trouble. A couple posters tried to alleviate my fears with mine having the same troubles and my specs are a little worse than his. Guess it's time to pray, since I already ordered from GMG.
Well, my speccs aren't that much better (Nvidia 275/AMDx3 3ghz) and I got a solid 60 at 1080p most of the time. You could still be alright! I don't think it'll be much worse than the 360 version anyway, if it isn't better.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Untracked said:
2.9GHz CORE i3
4GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5670

Shit. If you were having framerate troubles with that set up then I'll probably be having the same with my specs -

Zerokku said:
Debating on picking this up for PC or my Consoles, mostly cause of specs. How well should I run it with my comp?

2.3GHz Core i5
4 GB RAM
NVidia GTS 360M (1GB Dedicated)

Guess 360 it is for this. Damn it. Though my monitor is only 720p, how much of a difference will that make?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
What a slick thread, I'm impressed.

I've got this shit paid off and ready to go. Consider me hyped.

jchophuvu.gif

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Danne-Danger said:

AMD helped optimize this game on PC. If anything this game will favor AMD/ATI cards.

AwesomeSauce said:
AMD helped optimize this game on PC. If anything this game will favor AMD/ATI cards.
Which may well be true, I just have a vague recollection of people having trouble with ATI. Could just be Brink-thread residue though. :p And to be fair a lot of people had problems with the game being choppy for no real reason, I felt that at times as well.

Motherfuckin' HHHHNNNNNNNNGGGGG.

I've stayed out of most HR threads, so if people have already gone into details about this, fine, but to the people who got a hold of the preview copy, what are we looking at for performance, considering it supports DX11? Modest demands, or Witcher 2/Crysis 2 Extreme?

AwesomeSauce said:

Yeah it definitely runs well on ATI cards.

And as for the choppiness, it's most likely a case of unoptimized code as it only really occurred in the hub areas. Might be a case of streaming in too many textures or something. I'm certain the final product will not have that choppiness.

I ran the preview build with
sandy bridge core i7 2.8ghz
6770M
8GB

ran perfectly smooth at 1920x1080 aside from the slight chop when i first stepped into a new area

Horns

Hank Scorpio said:
Yeah, this.

I want to pre-order the Augmented Edition but dunno what version to go with.

Is there any general consensus, yet?

It looked like the PS3 version was the one to go with because it was the only one that seemed to be shown in videos. Then I saw a German review video (think it's down now) using the 360 version and it seemed on par with everything else I saw on PS3.

I canceled my preorder for PS3 so I can decide the day of. I'll wait for the reviews to highlight differences or take a gamble at a retail store with whichever one has an augmented left.

Saige

I must do better.
I’m really hyped for this game. Just need to hurry and finish the first Deus Ex before it comes out
(just got past Hong Kong).

Teknoman

Zerokku said:
Shit. If you were having framerate troubles with that set up then I'll probably be having the same with my specs -

Guess 360 it is for this. Damn it. Though my monitor is only 720p, how much of a difference will that make?

That was the preview build. I'd still wait and see how the retail version runs.

Neuromancer said:
Side note: my wife heard people on one of my podcasts talking about this game and thought they were saying 'Day of Sex.'

pretty apt. this game is pretty goddamn sex.

At least they weren't pronouncing it dOOOse Ecks

charsace

Lostconfused said:
No. This game was made to be played. Doesn't matter what system.

Anyone that has complained about the dumbing down of gaming needs to support this game. This game is the evolution that people have been waiting waiting for since the Xbox 360 was announced. This game doesn't just strive to be a cinematic experience like Uncharted, Gears of War, Call of Duty and thousands of shallow masses. This game realizes that the gaming medium offers things that movies and books don't offer; interactivity and choice. Two things that can immerse people into gaming on a different level than books and movies. Most other single player games are just roller coasters with a few branching paths along the way that only really shine in multiplayer which where those games really have any type of freedom.

Wings1

Neo Member
Gacha-pin said:
http://support.eu.square-enix.com/f...&la=2&pv=20&SQEXSC=7qllfsuh1m4mt4363djgb80jn3

How does this crap work? Deus Ex:HR haven't been announced in my region yet and I don't think it's going to be. I was going to get a US version...What should I do :( I haven't liked Square Enix for a long time and now, I can't hate them more.

Yeah, this sucks. I preordered the UK augmented version of the game last year from Amazon.co.uk and now they announce this Steam region locking.

Languages - English
Release Region - UK Only
Steam Account Region - UK Only

Languages - English
Release Region - Outside of UK
Steam Account Region - EU, but NOT UK, Russia or Poland

Languages - FIGS*
Release Region - Outside of UK
Steam Account Region - EU, but NOT UK, Russia or Poland

Languages - RP**
Release Region - Russia/Poland
Steam Account Region - Russia/Poland Only

* French, Italian, German, Spanish
** Russian, Polish

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1649553&postcount=124

Time to cancel my copy then and wait for the sales.

Drewfonse

I don't normally buy strategy guides for games, but Amazon is selling this one for $12.99. For
those of you who have played the leak: would a strategy guide add to the experience? I would only use it for weapon/Augs for my first time through and then full on for subsequent runs.

Does it have significant branching paths?

CAN'T WAIT

Top Bottom