• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
truly101 said:
I got to Hong Kong in the Ps2 version of the original. How much is left after that? I may just start over on it. Sure its ugly as sin, but its still fun.

You have maybe 3/4ths left.

truly101 said:
I got to Hong Kong in the Ps2 version of the original. How much is left after that? I may just start over on it. Sure its ugly as sin, but its still fun.

You have a long way to go. Maybe not even half-way through, my recollection of the orders that the levels go in is fuzzy.

Maladict

Neo Member
Great OP. Can't wait to play this. :) Grabbing this too
IYdDn.png

LegatoB

truly101 said:
You just got to Hong Kong? You're about a quarter of the way through.

Deus Ex is a long game.

MNC

Yeah when I first thought Oh shit, Hong Kong, awesome, gonna finish this game soon!

Nope. Been playing for a good few hours after Hong Kong and I'm now just below halfway through the game. :|

BeeDog

Really starting to look forward to this game now, but I can't decide whether to go for the PC version or the PS3 version, and the Nordic Limited Edition or the Augmented Edition.

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
Got the augmented edition for cheap off greenman... still hoping I can get my hands on a Collector's edition later when (if?) I have money...

It's always a good sign when the ads for a game make me rock hard

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Debating on picking this up for PC or my Consoles, mostly cause of specs. How well should I run it with my comp?

2.3GHz Core i5
4 GB RAM
NVidia GTS 360M (1GB Dedicated)

Only thing I'm not sure of is the CPU and Graphics Card.

trw

dmshaposv said:
If the game is successful I'd like the "sequel" to be a remake of deus ex. Lord knows that game could do with a makeover.

No no no no no. The game doesn't need a makeover, it exists in a version that me and many others with me thinks is still one of the best games of all time. I played it for the first time two years ago so it's not rose-tinted glasses either. Sure there are things that could be improved, but that would make it a different game and they would have to change some of the good things that no game since have done better to accomodate that. It's still a masterpiece, don't destroy it, do a sequel to human revolution instead.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
trw said:
No no no no no. The game doesn't need a makeover, it exists in a version that me and many others with me thinks is still one of the best games of all time. I played it for the first time two years ago so it's not rose-tinted glasses either. Sure there are things that could be improved, but that would make it a different game and they would have to change some of the good things that no game since have done better to accomodate that. It's still a masterpiece, don't destroy it, do a sequel to human revolution instead.

Deus Ex 1 is the sequel to Human Revolution :p

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
ThoseDeafMutes said:
You have a long way to go. Maybe not even half-way through, my recollection of the orders that the levels go in is fuzzy.
Then Deus Ex is long as hell. I had finished most of the HK missions but hadn't moved from there yet. I really need to replay it because I have completely forgot what has happened other than
being framed by the agency I worked for for something, having to break into the building to free someone they captured and killing both of those other augmented agents who didn't like me anyway. One of the fights was in a cemetary I think.

KorrZ

trw said:

I agree. Id rather they make a sequel that's completely new instead of remaking a game that's still perfect as is. I just played the original Deus Ex this year and it still holds up extremely well.

Derrick01

Banned
Ready for the game of the year that will be greatly ignored by the majority of Gaf when voting rolls around and instead will be given to another zelda or uncharted. *sigh*

It's gonna be a loooong week.

Solo

Derrick01 said:
Ready for the game of the year that will be greatly ignored by the majority of Gaf when voting rolls around and instead will be given to another zelda or uncharted. *sigh*

The Witcher 2?

;)

Solo said:
The Witcher 2?

;)
Seriously I have no joke replies for this. It's either Human Revolution or The Witcher. One of them is the GOTY the other is probably GOTY is as well. So I say we make an exception this year and call it Games of the Year and the 1st spot is shared between the two.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I am ready. So very ready.

Trying to find a good picture that fits in with my avatar style though. =(

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Brillaint op for what is destined to be one of the best games of this generation.

jorgeton

Wow, excellent OP. Don't know much about this game but I'm intrigued. I also need something new to play now that my backlog is empty(ish).

who's going to make the PC Technology Thread of Nanites and Augmentations? I prefer some one to make a classy OP like the Witcher 2 technology thread, so the main thread can be us kids just creaming our pants.

Derrick01

Banned
Solo said:
Kind of ironic given what thread we're in, no?

I haven't seen any real negative signs of consolization in this game. It tries to mimic the first game as best as it can. They took skills out but fleshed the Augs out even more in place of them so I consider it a fair trade.

Derrick01 said:
I haven't seen any real negative signs of consolization in this game. It tries to mimic the first game as best as it can. They took skills out but fleshed the Augs out even more in place of them so I consider it a fair trade.
The UI is definitely fit for a console. Even the reworked PC interface doesn't feel similar to the Deus Ex made for mouse and keyboard UI. Not that it's a bad thing. But this game was made for consoles, no question about it.

So buying PS3 augmented version initially. Then down the road, standard PC box as I much prefer to the boxart and it's going up on my shelf next to my sealed DX1 Bigbox (^____^)

Top Bottom