• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

Diancecht

q2e9TXk.png

anigif_mobile-13949-1445287205-4.gif

jrush64

Banned
Assuming your system is going to give you performance benefits versus the PS4 version, is it really worth trading benefits that you'll get for your entire time playing just to play a few hours early?

Im not picky about what system I play on. As long as the game works fine, I'm good.

axb2013

$41.99 on cdkeys is the lowest price right now?

Tempted to buy this very moment but I don't want to start playing during the workweek, which I know I will if I install it and steal time away from sleep and chores, need the weekend to start enjoying it properly. Deus Ex is one of those rare titles where I go out of my way to make sure I can get fully immersed in it. I didn't even fire up Witcher 3 until I was in perfect mood for and the neighbor was finished mowing the lawn.

Not a fan of cheating, even in singleplayer mode but I enjoyed giving myself extras in AC: Unity that Ubi wanted to charge me extra $ for. I'm guessing SE pulled off the same micro transaction BS, attempting to charge extra but not even bothering to close off exploits via cheat engine.

komplanen

Man this better not be one of those days where something goes wrong. This is definitely one of those games for me that if Denuvo doesn't work or something else happens I am going to be scarred for life. For life, I tell you!

Simo

Woke up ready to dive back in!

...art book just arrived too! Just flicked through it, lots of concepts for both Human Revolution and Mankind Divided with a little section on Breach too. Apparently their first pass at Adam Jensen was dubbed "Douchebag Jensen". lol

It was definitely originally 4pm here in the UK. I think BST confused shit. And I don't buy this "everyone had to be open at the same time" bollocks. Lots of games don't unlock until late afternoon/evening with only one interested party involved (F1 2010 by Codemasters didn't unlock until 3pm or 4pm for example). I just think there's some kind of policy in place by Valve/Steam. Maybe it's to stop VPN unlocking.

Pixieking

Banned
It did say like 55GB recommended and I only downloaded 19GB in the preload so I am expecting a lot more :(

It's heavily compressed to minimize download size, but there may also be a Day 1 Patch, since there was a 4gb Day 1 Patch for the PS4 version.

It was definitely originally 4pm here in the UK. I think BST confused shit. And I don't buy this "everyone had to be open at the same time" bollocks. Lots of games don't unlock until late afternoon/evening with only one interested party involved (F1 2010 by Codemasters didn't unlock until 3pm or 4pm for example). I just think there's some kind of policy in place by Valve/Steam. Maybe it's to stop VPN unlocking.

It's totally the publisher's decision when to unlock - nothing to do with Valve (unless the publisher is Valve. :p ).

Sanctuary

Just finished HR Director's Cut last night, and I have this game sitting in my PC. Yet I won't even be able to play it until sometime next week. =(

Simo

GVdqH8P.jpg

2-disc extended soundtrack releasing 30th of September, supposedly. Not sure why it's not coming alongside the game and we have to wait a month, but o well..

Oh hell yeah! That's actually earlier than I was expect since HR's OST seemed to take forever to get released, plus we're still waiting on Doom's OST.....

Pixieking

Banned
Day 1 patches are usually included in Steam preload.

Really? Last thing I preloaded was The Witness, which had a 1gb Day 1 Patch on Steam that was in addition to the preload. But that may have just been the exception. I'll be happy if there isn't a Day 1 Patch, since I've only got 15gb of my internet left to last me the month. :/

It's heavily compressed to minimize download size, but there may also be a Day 1 Patch, since there was a 4gb Day 1 Patch for the PS4 version.

It's totally the publisher's decision when to unlock - nothing to do with Valve (unless the publisher is Valve. :p ).

I remember people having that with DOOM actually. Never preloaded a game on steam before so wasn't 100% sure what way it works. Patch won't bother me but the unpacking will :p

Probably no one, but I'm sure some arrogant kids will get their folks to pay for stuff. I've heard mention that there is also the option for microtransactions within the main story itself and not just breach.

Wouldn't surprise me. My copy of HR had fucking adverts on the loading screen...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Day 1 patches are usually included in Steam preload.

If the public build has been updated since the pre-load period began, which is generally the case, then you have to download the updated data when the game unlocks. This is why the reported unlock completion time is often initially much higher than you'd expect as Steam updates the data before unpacking it, which plays silly buggers with the timer as the process isn't as transparent as it should be.

Late edit: The 3GB "patch" was in fact DLC, in the interest of clarity.

Vic_Viper

Can someone with the Season Pass tell me if the praxis points and weapon packs can all be redeemed today? And if so is there a certain point in the game you need to be or are they unlocked after the tutorial basically? Trying to decide if I should get it today or wait, really want those extra points tho.

Also anyone here get the guide? How is it?

Chabbles

I would hope that is not the case this time as I pre-ordered quite a while ago... not saying it would be acceptable even if I hadn't, but still.

Well you're probably good then. Im just letting you know that a dispatch email from them doesn't 100% mean that its actually dispatched yet, from my experience.

Vic_Viper

I never replayed the director's cut, how is it vs vanilla?

The changes to the boss fights alone are worth another play through. Some people dont like the changes they made to the "piss filter" but I think it looks great. They also fit the missing link in with the rest of the game and also added in commentary tracks if thats your kinda thing. I really enjoyed listening to them.

Top Bottom