• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

Tecnniqe

Banned
wtrSG0Q.gif

Floody

Would hacking a robot to kill someone count as lethal? I don't want to screw up my non-lethal save.
3AQmK.gif

Most likely, I'm pretty sure anything that resulted in the enemy dying in HR counted as you killing them, so probably the same in MD.

Kade

Looks like it's unpacking on Steam! Aaaaaaaaa!

edit: nvm, I thought it was unpacking but it was just an update :/

Most likely, I'm pretty sure anything that resulted in the enemy dying in HR counted as you killing them.

Which really sucked, because sometimes you would shoot someone with a tranq, and they'd fall off a ledge and die. Or you'd be dragging them and the physics would freak out, and they'd hit their head and croak. Really great way to screw up a pacifist run without knowing it.

Akai__

Git Gud Akai
You can go all the way down and take people out from there instead. Plus it also makes things easier if you have stun pistol.

I only had a Tranq Rifle. I tried several approaches.
Taking down the lift would let me neutralize like 5 enemies, afterwards Singh would always die.

You are right that I need to get better. 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. playthrough will probably have different results.

aravuus

Comfy Couch + Steam Big Picture Mode + 50" TV + XB1 controller + beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 Ohm.
Perfection. ^_^

+ a cold beverage of your choice, of course

Well, for me it's a cup of hot tea I guess, think I'm getting sick or something

Hahaha an update

Not Drake

I'm pretty sure anything that resulted in the enemy dying in HR counted as you killing them

I've replayed HR Director's Cut during the last few months and some indirect enemy deaths didn't count as "kills". Setting a robot for self destruct causing an enemy to die didn't. Hacking a turret and enabling "friendly fire" most certainly did.

sirap

What's the point of preloading if I have to download another 3gbs on launch? For fuck's sake, they really don't want me to play this game tonight.

Phionoxx

Yup. Steam is downloading another 2.7 GB or so. Going to take a bit on my slow connection. Then still have to go through decrypting. May be awhile yet.

deoee

What's the point of preloading if I have to download another 3gbs on launch? For fuck's sake, they really don't want me to play this game tonight.

Yes I don't get this either.
I mean, personally I have a fast connection, but 3 gb can be huge for other people.

Makes the whole pre-load process useless.

Sanctuary

I never replayed the director's cut, how is it vs vanilla?

Improved textures, but it's not really that different overall. The Missing Link section is implemented into the main game, and the bosses all have more options than just guns blazing to take them out. The "urine filter" that a lot of people complained about (I had zero problems with it) is also gone. In a way, I feel like it hurt the unique look of the game, but overall, with the imporved textures, it's fine. There were also complaints that the Director's Cut had stuttering problems. Maybe it did initially, but I encountered no such issue. The only bugs that I ran across were that the menu tabs stopped working, and the hotbar magically disappeared, but this only happened once.

Top Bottom