• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

Not Drake

I'm really impressed with the way side quests are presented. Even with the bar raised by TW3, Mankind Divided managed to hit me hard with some of them.

Simo

Just a few pages from the art book I quickly took with my phone for those curious.
29074905262_b9f65ed940_o.jpg

29074905902_bd3b07d7a0_o.jpg

29074907412_481a309495_o.jpg

29074906822_cb8ea1b1aa_o.jpg

29074906472_9e728ff369_o.jpg

29102715851_c9a625c2ec_o.jpg

28561650093_dd79324409_o.jpg

29102714981_0b625269d9_o.jpg

29074934702_7206ed7283_o.jpg

29074934302_a52d2de820_o.jpg

Kuraudo

Banned
Apparently I'd completely forgotten every element of the HR story.

Loving the game so far: like the previous game, it's an RPG that manages to somehow scratch the MGS/Splinter Cell itch.

Vic_Viper

Can someone with the Season Pass tell me if the praxis points and weapon packs can all be redeemed today? And if so is there a certain point in the game you need to be or are they unlocked after the tutorial basically? Trying to decide if I should get it today or wait, really want those extra points tho.

Also anyone here get the guide? How is it?

Is there an patch that needs to be downloaded on PS4 and if so how big was it?

I heard that the Missing Link plays some sort of role in the story for MD so it might be worth another play through real quick while waiting for Steam.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Lirik and itmeJP got basically 100% perf increase from disabling SLI. Dansgaming got performance increase from enabling SLI. Take from it what you will.
That's... Strange.

Are they all using the same cards?

I know Lirik got Titan X (prev gen) but I assume JP got like 5 1080's

w0s

Loving the game so far: like the previous game, it's an RPG that manages to somehow scratch the MGS/Splinter Cell itch.

did they include the past game preview. I watched it on youtube and wondered if it was in the options.

kami_sama

What the fuck, the preorder bonuses, like guns and praxis kits are not unlimited, you use them in one save, the're gone forever.

Never played HR, but watching the recap I couldn't help but think about MGS for some reason

nOoblet16

PC players:

Gamepad or M/KB?
KB/M...this game is struggles to give players as much control as possible using a gamepad. It uses a unique control layout specific to Mankind Divided to provide that but even that isn't enough, most of the new augs require you to be able to move and aim at the same time and the new control scheme is the only one that allows it but it limits that ability to one aug at a time.

Hot keys are pretty much the reason why KB/M is better here by a mile.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just realized I preloaded the game on my HDD and not my SSD. Now it's going to take like an hour to unencrypt. :(

You can move the pre-load manually, for future reference (with less than eight minutes to go until unlock o'clock, there's probably not enough time to do so now). Assuming you've a library folder on your SSD, that you set up within Steam, just move the depotcache folder and appmanifest_appid.acf file from [Steam dir]\SteamApps to [SSD library dir]\SteamApps, then delete the pre-load from within Steam (right-click -> Delete local content) and restart the client.

To find the app id of the game, simply visit its store page and take note of the number in the URL. In the case of Mankind Divided, the URL is http://store.steampowered.com/app/337000/, which means the corresponding manifest file is appmanifest_337000.acf.

Fledz

8min! :eek:

Shame I have to go see a friend from outta town for a few hours though in a couple of hours. I mean, it's not really a shame because I haven't seen him in ages, but I look forward to playing DX drunk when I get home later tonight haha.

Simo

This is from the collector edition?

Freaking Amazon says it will deliver tomorrow...

No this is the actual 200 page art book released by Titan Books today. The art book in the Collector's Edition is pretty much a sample of that book. lol

Plum

I retract my earlier statements.

Listening to HR's Icarus theme whilst seeing that there's only five minutes left to launch has put me in hype overload.

Time to clear out my SSD because fuck, I can't wait for this shit.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Would hacking a robot to kill someone count as lethal? I don't want to screw up my non-lethal save.
3AQmK.gif

Top Bottom