• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

Moment I fell in love with the game:

I was in the bank, and
hacked into a random side room out of sight, I then hacked into the employees computer, read his e-mails and learned that he had been let go. I went into the security section on his PC to unlock his safe and one of the employees started messaging me, and I had to make excuses and bluff for why I was online with his account.

So good.

The fact that Messenger function is available on computers you hack is genius. It adds the dialogue system of the game as a layer over the hacking system in a clever way.

When I was hacking
the laptop used by the people who were hacking into TF29's front company in that 3rd floor apartment, I had Messenger and I used it and made the guy tell me where he was in the sewers so I could find him. That was pretty awesome.

Shari

You can pay a dude outside Adam's apartment (visible between a fence when exiting one of his apartment buildings exits) some of that Aug medicine for Points of Interest that can lead you places there will be some side stuff. It's only 3 or something, so hunting for side stuff is still needed.

Yes, I'm aware of that one, he gives points of interest, done those already too.

I don't think many of the secondary missions will activate until you get s bit farther in the main storyline. I'm like you. I gotta explore everything as it's presented to me, I visited every interior/secret in Prague and many of the locations were obviously for scripted missions, but I haven't/cant activate them yet. I believe that after you come back from an expedition, more will follow.

Ok so move on with the primary and more will show themselves. Cool.

xVodevil

How on earth do you combine mine template and a freaking frag grenade?

edit:
Nevermind, combine then select the grenade type, then you have to press enter... although the game says R...

nOoblet16

Got a story related question. Went through the exposition of it but still don't understand it.
Why does Brown who is heading that one project to build an Aug city want people to think he supports the human restoration act but actually doesn't support it? Alexa says he stand to lose trillions if it passes but that doesn't make any sense. Also how does killing a bunch of augs with orchid in front of everyone help this?
Where does it say that he doesn't support it? He is the one building that city so he will lose money if the aug resolution passes because then Rabi'ah will just become overcrowded and turn into another Golem City. Killing a bunch of UN delegates and blaming it on Arc would make sure that the resolution passes.

Tacitus_

Yea.. can't progress any more. The game always crashes in the mission "Hunting Down The Final Clues" when you try to travel via the subway. Tried dropping graphics options, going to windowed, disabling subtitles and dropping it down to the previous patch. Always crashes when the load is about to end.

SlickVic

Are certain side missions missable and/or can't be completed if you progress too far in the main story? I thought I remember a review mentioning that, but I was trying to find a guide with minimal spoilers that stated which main missions can lock out earlier side quests.

Tacitus_

Do you try verifying files?

Oh yeah, tried that. Also tried ticking off the DLC. And reticking after that didn't work. Apparently this crash also happens on the consoles...

Balls.

Are certain side missions missable and/or can't be completed if you progress too far in the main story? I thought I remember a review mentioning that, but I was trying to find a guide with minimal spoilers that stated which main missions can lock out earlier side quests.

The game warns you when side missions become unavailable.

J4g3r

Has anyone found a work-around for the tutorial prompts that won't disappear?

I originally would just reload and they would disappear, but that's not the case anymore.

I did the gun range and the message talking about swapping pistol ammo is stuck on my screen, no matter what I do.

On PC if that matters.

5mnJJwa.png

Exactly this.

Early game quest I think has bugged, want to confirm with someone:

I broke into the police document station to help with the forgeries. There is nothing to use in the room that the quest marker insists I need to be in. I hacked the security terminal and disabled all the cameras, but there is nothing else to interact with. I feel like one of the three server looking things on the wall are SUPPOSED to be interacted with, but they are not highlighted and pressing use near them does nothing. There's like... a printer and a vent that takes me outside available for use.

Roussow

Wow, the contemporary issue parallels they're going for here a super transparent, and shockingly relevant considering when this was probably written.

Ghazi

I broke into the police document station to help with the forgeries. There is nothing to use in the room that the quest marker insists I need to be in. I hacked the security terminal and disabled all the cameras, but there is nothing else to interact with. I feel like one of the three server looking things on the wall are SUPPOSED to be interacted with, but they are not highlighted and pressing use near them does nothing. There's like... a printer and a vent that takes me outside available for use.

I was experiencing this earlier as well, unsure if we're just missing something or its actually bugged.

Wow, the contemporary issue parallels they're going for here a super transparent, and shockingly relevant considering when this was probably written.

This game is the Trump Presidency timeline for sure

I was experiencing this earlier as well, unsure if we're just missing something or its actually bugged.

I suspect bugged, considering how "obvious" it seems that the thing on the wall should be what I need to use (there was a camera looking straight at them).

Ruff

Is there a way to do an Icarus landing without murdering everyone within a 50 meter radius? by accident lol, seems like it does an attack version if anyone is remotely near.

nOoblet16

Is there a way to do an Icarus landing without murdering everyone within a 50 meter radius? by accident lol, seems like it does an attack version if anyone is remotely near.
The stun only happens if you press a button for the attack otherwise you always get normal landing.

Fledz

It shouldn't, mine just discharges some energy but doesn't scare or harm anyone unless I push Q.

Eggiem

My post (#2407 on page 49) : Use the PC in the same room. Left side in the PC menu, second button ''activate printers''.
(It took me a while,too. xD)

Roussow

You do the standard landing without injury if you just drop without hitting circle -- the button prompt variant is to do damage.

On another note -- damn does the invisibility (even upgraded) drain the fuck out of your energy.

NeoCane

as a FAN of DX1 i was and still am heavily disappointed by DX2, is DX:HR really a succesful and not linear and dumbed down DX game? and is this new title maybe even a step further towards DX1?

Pehesse

I believe you need to hack the computer in that room, activate the option that turns on the wall terminals, then quickly run up to them and do your thing. They don't stay activated for very long, but you can reactivate them afterwards if you take too long.

I believe you need to hack the computer in that room, activate the option that turns on the wall terminals, then quickly run up to them and do your thing. They don't stay activated for very long, but you can reactivate them afterwards if you take too long.

There is no such option as far as I can tell? I'll check again later.

Ruff

Just noticed you can interact with the cereal box at your apartment!
Malik survives confirmed as canon
woo

BY2K

Membero Americo
I suspect bugged, considering how "obvious" it seems that the thing on the wall should be what I need to use (there was a camera looking straight at them).

You activate those terminals via with same Security Hub you deactivate the camera with, but if you take too long to interact with it after, the terminal will deactivate and you'll have to re-activate it again.

Anung

Un Rama
Need help with the choice on mission 11. Spoilers
I can either help the watch maker or do the bank heist. No idea what to pick. The bank heist seems like it'd be better for game play.

nOoblet16

Need help with the choice on mission 11. Spoilers
I can either help the watch maker or do the bank heist. No idea what to pick. The bank heist seems like it'd be better for game play.

Actually the bank heist is the worse one out of the two. Especially if you have been to bank already as part of the side mission to dig up dirt in CEO's office, because then you'd find the mission piss easy.

You activate those terminals via with same Security Hub you deactivate the camera with, but if you take too long to interact with it after, the terminal will deactivate and you'll have to re-activate it again.

There is on the small computer. You only have a few seconds once active to run up and use a terminal.

It was there, the problem was it said "CAMERA 1" on that section so I assumed it was just a special camera and that I needed it to be deactivated.

Goddamnit it.

Tacitus_

Actually the bank heist is the worse one out of the two. Especially if you have been to bank already as part of the side mission to dig up dirt in CEO's office, because then you'd find the mission piss easy.

I disagree completely. The
bomb mission is absurdly short and it hardly reveals anything about what's actually going on. The only saving grace is the social battle and finding the Singularity machine.

nOoblet16

I disagree completely. The
bomb mission is absurdly short and it hardly reveals anything about what's actually going on. The only saving grace is the social battle and finding the Singularity machine.
Nope I'd say it's the other way around.
Atleast you go up against enemies in the bomb mission and end with a social boss fight. The bank mission is pretty much exactly the same as the sidemission so if you had level 3 keycard you can get your fake card made in seconds then go to the lift and just run past the lasers using cloak or just take a vent to the side and then the mission ends. It's ridiculous how short and empty in terms of encounter the bank mission is, there is pretty much no gameplay in that heist.

As for story it doesn't necessarily reveal more just because Megan Reed was involved, all you get to know about is the orchid and the antidote.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Does Prague open up more later in the game? If what you see at the beginning is all you get... well, I was expecting a lot more I guess.

Does Prague open up more later in the game? If what you see at the beginning is all you get... well, I was expecting a lot more I guess.
Yes it gradually opens up, you will start getting missions that require you to take trains to other parts of Prague.

Tacitus_

Nope I'd say it's the other way around.
Atleast you go up against enemies in the bomb mission and end with a social boss fight. The bank mission is pretty much exactly the same as the sidemission so if you had level 3 keycard you can get your fake card made in seconds then go to the lift and just run past the lasers using cloak or just take a vent to the side and then the mission ends. It's ridiculous how short and empty in terms of encounter the bank mission is, there is pretty much no gameplay in that heist.

As for story it doesn't necessarily reveal more just because Megan Reed was involved, all you get to know about is the orchid and the antidote.

I had to skirt around more enemies in the bank mission. In the bomb mission I just jumped up the side of the building, took down 3 guys so I could hack the keypad in peace and I was done. And in the bank mission you can check out the Tai Young vault for info on your augs and there's two other vaults but I hadn't found the keys for them.

nOoblet16

I had to skirt around more enemies in the bank mission. In the bomb mission I just jumped up the side of the building, took down 3 guys so I could hack the keypad in peace and I was done. And in the bank mission you can check out the Tai Young vault for info on your augs and there's two other vaults but I hadn't found the keys for them.

You don't need to do that mission to check out Tai Yong, Picus and the security company's vault. I opened all three of them while free roaming before I even played the mission. As for enemies, like I said, if you have a level 3 access card (which you would if you did the side mission) then you can take the lift and get right in front of the office in seconds. Plus because it's the same location as that side mission you already know where to go and what to do even if you don't use the level 3 card

nOoblet16

What you get at the beginning is like 20% of Prague, the hub is huge and dense so even if the map looks a certain size there is more to it because of multiple rooms, levels, sewers etc

as a FAN of DX1 i was and still am heavily disappointed by DX2, is DX:HR really a succesful and not linear and dumbed down DX game? and is this new title maybe even a step further towards DX1?

If you haven't played HR and are a DX1 fan, play HR. I was a massive fan of DX1, and thought DX2 was a steaming pile (although trying a replay a few years later, I found it kind of fun, just a very poor DX sequel), and I was relieved to find HR excellent. It's flawed, but excellent. I haven't played enough of MD yet to say where it sits, but it's a good sequel to HR so far.

Roussow

Oh -- any way to have your lowest energy recharge level be bigger? Does increasing the max size of the energy bar increase the lowest point it can drop to?

Or is it just like the battery in the first game, if so that seems a little odd, considering in the Directors Cut gave you two rechargeable batteries.

AHA-Lambda

Yea.. can't progress any more. The game always crashes in the mission "Hunting Down The Final Clues" when you try to travel via the subway. Tried dropping graphics options, going to windowed, disabling subtitles and dropping it down to the previous patch. Always crashes when the load is about to end.

I have the exact same problem

Simo

How's the soundtrack?

Fantastic. McCann along with Sascha Dikiciyan, and Ed Harrison have done a great job so far with the score and I'm only in Prague. lol

Lots of ambient sounds too from the night club, which causes the controller to vibrate, and radios means it's not all background score. Great stuff.

Tovarisc

Oh -- any way to have your lowest energy recharge level be bigger? Does increasing the max size of the energy bar increase the lowest point it can drop to?

Or is it just like the battery in the first game, if so that seems a little odd, considering in the Directors Cut gave you two rechargeable batteries.

Increasing capacity just increases maximum possible "energy boost" from consumables. Core part (thicker portion) that regenerates after depleting batteries never grows. Little disappointed in that myself. Makes more expensive augs like cloak just to be excuse for existence of energy consumables.

nOoblet16

Only in lower difficulty level.
And no the base battery does not get bigger, the new system works well in my opinion especially since after a few hours bio cells are not rare anymore unlike first game. Plus unlike HR if you use the secondary battery up it doesn't mean you lose all the charge if you depleted it.

Aangster

A question with some minor station bombing and trailer related spoilers:
What's the fate of Ivan Berk? Jensen can locate his residence and laptop in Golem City, but I can't recall encountering him apart from that brief face coverup during the post-Dubai beginning. Is his fate revealed in the Desperate Measures DLC?

When you arrive at the TF29 station for the first time, I know you're supposed
to plant a whisper chip in the NSN server motherboard but I can't get in the room since Miller is inside. What am I supposed to do?

Tovarisc

When you arrive at the TF29 station for the first time, I know you're supposed
to plant a whisper chip in the NSN server motherboard but I can't get in the room since Miller is inside. What am I supposed to do?

Chip location and where Miller is are two different spaces. One access could be vent nearby...

Top Bottom