• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
"That terrible day two years ago..."

As long as it's not Fallout 4.

I loved Human Revolution. Probably one of my games of the generation.

Buy it... I was a little disappointed after beginning but once I got to exploring and doing side missions, it may even surpass HR for me but I have a long way to go.

KorrZ

6 hours in and I still haven't left the initial district. My god I am just loving exploring in this game. I maxed out all the exploration augs asap and have just been checking every nook and cranny.

KingKong

Has anyone found a silencer yet? I'm on mission 3 or 4 and I've been pretty thorough in my side missions and exploring but I don't think I have any weapon mods yet (though I didn't have high enough hacking to open a few safes)

Has anyone found a silencer yet? I'm on mission 3 or 4 and I've been pretty thorough in my side missions and exploring but I don't think I have any weapon mods yet (though I didn't have high enough hacking to open a few safes)

I believe there's a merchant in the second district that sells a silencer.

Do side missions cancel in this game as the main mission progresses? If so, is there anywhere that has info when the cut offs are... I like to work on missions at my own leisure

Grisby

Been playing this all last night and a lot of today. It's more Deus Ex HR, but that's fineeeee by me. It feels better too, more refined. I've got 4 side missions going and haven't really done any combat for quite a while.

Second area of Prague kind of runs a bit ass on the Xbox though. Tearing and what seems like 20 or lower FPS at points. Not all the time, but its often enough to make you go, "It's not like the game is that good looking."

Don't get me wrong, art style is fantastic, but it feels like it should run a bit smoother.

Music is great so far and everything in the two hub sections Ive been to are super dense.
Have you found the apartment
with the security system? There. Multiple times ;)
Ok, I've been there and haven't found it? I
unlocked a wall safe with a credit chit but that was it.

Winky face.

Cue the obligatory "don't call it an incident man!"

(..although I do actually like how much that changed the world. I was worried it would be kind of glossed over after HR -- seems to be properly setting the stage for the state of augmentation in the original.)

Ruff

Lol, i'm playing through Dying Light at the same time as this and now I keep pressing Q to scan for objects like in DL and knocking random people out in the street. Damn muscle memory.

The pistol is even less satisfying to use than the last game somehow.

What kind of weapons do you guys invest in right now?

I actually really like machine pistol. You can line up the crosshair on a head while in cover, pop out and fire a quick burst to kill, and then drop back into cover. It's more accurate in bursts than the combat rifle. I have the battle rifle but finding ammo for it is like finding gold.

Everyone seems to have the tactical shotgun so ammo is plentiful but unless you're the in-your-face Titan armor player you'll find it hard to effectively use it without being killed a lot.

Only have managed to rack about 4 hours on the game so far but the atmosphere of near-future Prague and the general vibe of the game has pulled me in strong. I feel like the actual feel of the controls on PS4 is a bit lackluster, but all of the options I expect as a fan of Human Revolution are there, and I've gotten far enough to kind of get a glimpse at some of the new augmentations and can't wait to see what they bring to the table once I'm specced out a bit more.

Dubz

Not liking this as much as HR. I've been playing for about 3 hours and I've only done 2 missions with action, and one was the tutorial. The animations are super janky, and the movement is as well. Why do I slow down to a crawl when running up or down stairs.

I know this is a game of exploration, but to not have any significant missions in 3 hours is really....welll...boring.

Acorn

Got one from the merchant in the other apartments

HiiiLife

Jesus this annoyed me so bad lol. I was trying to shoot out every tv I came across.

The game was cool but I don't think I have the patience for these "open world" RPG games anymore. Not like I was when the 360 version came out.

Cool game tho and I'd rather watch YouTube vids of it.

Kyoufu

Going full combat is still annoying because of how scarce ammo is in the early game, if you hose it around you'll find yourself out of ammo on all your guns pretty quickly.

It helps if you are always going for headshots to earn more XP but even then if you shoot about 10 heads your pistol is now empty. Sigh.

Forget guns, just go with takedowns/icarus charge/projectile blade attack/typhoon. :p

Timeaisis

Hacking in this game seems so... random. I feel like it was much more tactical in HR. But I could BE misremembering. Any tips or should i just literally be cancel scummimg a la Bioshock.

KingKong

I believe there's a merchant in the second district that sells a silencer.

oh didnt even think to check that, I found a pistol with a scope on a guy so I thought I could find mods that way

I keep wanting to get new augs but hacking is too good. I don't know how people don't just put all their points in hacking right away, there are terminals and laptops in practically every room. I guess you could use multitools but they seem to be pretty rare

Not liking this as much as HR. I've been playing for about 3 hours and I've only done 2 missions with action, and one was the tutorial. The animations are super janky, and the movement is as well. Why do I slow down to a crawl when running up or down stairs.

I know this is a game of exploration, but to not have any significant missions in 3 hours is really....welll...boring.
I have no idea where you were coming from. I've clocked 4 hours in this game, in Prague. The reason why I still haven't went to Miller to debrief is because I kept being sidetracked by explorations and sidequests I picked up along the way. This game is packed with content!

Just beat the game.
Holy crap the final boss battle was actually good this time around. And the ending was nowhere near as bad as many made it out to be. It's not a halo 2 ending. It's more like the ending to one of the early Harry Potter movies. They solved the main conflict, saved a bunch of lives, and defeated the bad guy but the main overarching villain is still out there

Moff

ugh I dont want to decide on deactivating.

it's really a non issue because you can deactivate augmentations you haven't even activated/unlocked yet

I struggled with this as well until I realized that. but as a non-lethal stealther there are augs I will never use, like the new shield or the shooting blades

Hacking in this game seems so... random. I feel like it was much more tactical in HR. But I could BE misremembering. Any tips or should i just literally be cancel scummimg a la Bioshock.

Stick with the easiest routes. Hack the ones with the lowest protection first.

It's pretty similar to HR, it's just a bit harder at first due to high detection rate without hacking augs.

Timeaisis

Stick with the easiest routes. Hack the ones with the lowest protection first.

It's pretty similar to HR, it's just a bit harder at first due to high detection rate without hacking augs.

Yeah, I noticed. Detection is waaay higher. And that's what I do. Still seems like just a dice roll every time I hack, which is frustrating. I could invest in better augs, but there's so many other augs I need/want right now.

Sorry to continue to rant, but I really, really dislike the energy system in this game. It's incredibly limiting. Stealth becomes just moving around guys instead of finding cool ways to take them down because of the fact that I'm out of energy all the damn time. And of course, I can upgrade that as an aug, too.

CHC

Oh man climbing up the T
hroat
area with a mix of my augment legs' high jump and the new dash ability.... fucking amazing. Not sure if there was another way to get up there, like an elevator or something, but the whole climb felt very "you're not supposed to do this."

G
olem City
is just a really cool area in general.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Save game loads in the larger section of the Prague map are awful on the PA4. 30+ seconds uggh.

That said, I've played for about 10 hours now and have just gotten to the HQ.

Diancecht

"The Incident"

"The Incident"

"The Incident"

"The Incident"

"The Incident"

"The Incident"

"The Incident"

I feel like such a complete idiot right now because I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get to the very first mission in Prague. You're supposed to
get past some goons blocking access to The Time Machine store
and everything I could think of is out except outright violence, which seems like a really bad idea even if I was committed to outright mayhem, which I am not. I must be missing something incredibly basic and fundamental, something so simple a five-year-old could point it out to me, but I don't know what it is.

I feel like such a complete idiot right now because I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get to the very first mission in Prague. You're supposed to
and everything I could think of is out except outright violence, which seems like a really bad idea even if I was committed to outright mayhem, which I am not. I must be missing something incredibly basic and fundamental, something so simple a five-year-old could point it out to me, but I don't know what it is.

There's another route.

105.Will

Game keeps crashing for me when i travel to Prekazka during chapter 12, F
lowers But no Funeral
on pc. Anyone else have this problem, or a fix?

Eklesp

This took me a little while as well.
hop on the lift thing to the left of the entrance blocked by the goon. Jump on the roof and to the other side.

Moff

Honest to god the hardest part in the whole game, even if you don't count the lack of abilities. there is no other area in the game crowded with enemies like here.
I don't know what they were thinking.

There's another route.

Where?
I can't find any routes above ground level, just the random apartments that go nowhere or roofs that don't connect to anything. The other entrance into the courtyard is past the checkpoint, which requires extortion a permit you probably only get via a side mission, therefore I don't think I need it to finish this mission? The sewers are blocked in both directions by environmental hazards I can't get past because I have no augs. There's another courtyard beside the checkpoint but there's nothing past the restricted area and no ledges or roofs in that area lead anywhere. Do I have to go back to my apartment building? But it's all the way on the other side of the district. Or do I have to do the TF29 mission first?

This took me a little while as well.
hop on the lift thing to the left of the entrance blocked by the goon. Jump on the roof and to the other side.

I... can't?
The lift, in its lowered state, only gets me to the top of the archway before the checkpoint, but I can't jump any higher on either side onto a roof. I can't raise that lift because it needs a biocell, and the outlet is locked anyways.

d00d3n

I need some help for the first thing you need to do in the hub (sewer path). Deus Ex immersive sim-iness is failing me, and I don't understand why ... :(

20160825042154_1wcr38.jpg

So, it seems simple enough. The power switch needs to be on to be able to interact with the panel that opens the door. But I take damage even when I stand on my boxes. Trying to interact with the panel forces you to stand on the metal floor, so that fries you.

Do I have to use one of the explosive barrels to force the door open, is that it? Unfortunately, I sold all my non-tranq guns, so I don't know how I would explode the barrel ...

All my augs are destroyed, so they do not help me

I went back and got a pistol, which allowed me to detonate an explosive container and get past the door. Very annoying puzzle, I have to say. Really punishing for people who sell their ordinary guns. I don't think it is possible to hack that terminal, unless you have the electro immunity thingy.

I... can't?
The lift, in its lowered state, only gets me to the top of the archway before the checkpoint, but I can't jump any higher on either side onto a roof. I can't raise that lift because it needs a biocell, and the outlet is locked anyways.

For what it's worth, that's not how I did it.
I went to the checkpoint, and snuck through it. There's a little gap in the fence to the side of the checkpoint (behind some boxes/crates), so you should be able to just crouch-walk through the side area without being detected. From there, there's a back entrance to the shop's courtyard.

Where?
I can't find any routes above ground level, just the random apartments that go nowhere or roofs that don't connect to anything. The other entrance into the courtyard is past the checkpoint, which requires extortion a permit you probably only get via a side mission, therefore I don't think I need it to finish this mission? The sewers are blocked in both directions by environmental hazards I can't get past because I have no augs. There's another courtyard beside the checkpoint but there's nothing past the restricted area and no ledges or roofs in that area lead anywhere. Do I have to go back to my apartment building? But it's all the way on the other side of the district. Or do I have to do the TF29 mission first?

You can either finish that side quest (it's worth it), or do this:
For what it's worth, that's not how I did it.
I went to the checkpoint, and snuck through it. There's a little gap in the fence to the side of the checkpoint (behind some boxes/crates), so you should be able to just crouch-walk through the side area without being detected. From there, there's a back entrance to the shop's courtyard.

Rudiano

Banned
So I bought "Praxis Kit Pack (x10)" from the PSN store and I didnt get any when I loaded my game. Even tried a new game and new game+ and they still dont appear in my inventory. Thanks for scamming me Sony :-\

d00d3n

OMG, I thought I was working on doing the first mission objective in the hub, but my "shortcut" to the book store led straight into some kind of secret base. I hope that I don't progress more in the main story than I want because of this.

Top Bottom