• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

Cqrex7yVMAAh3xg.jpg

Any idea how to get in here? I can't figure out if you can interact with the yellow plate and I dont see another way in

Alright I found another one of these things and still dunno how tf to open them

aravuus

My experience in Deus Ex.

Spend 30 minutes trying to get into a heavily guarded room inside restricted building surrounded by cameras, guards and cameras

Once inside, find a vent that leads all the way outside that comes out behind a piece of cardboard on the street.

Pretty much.

I don't mind though, many of the vents are just so fucking conveniently placed they almost feel like cheating lol. It's more fun to sneak behind your enemies, using the active camo whenever needed.

CHC

Man this game REALLY needs a "foreign language only" subtitle option. I want them off for most things, but I don't speak Czech here....

Pretty much.

I don't mind though, many of the vents are just so fucking conveniently placed they almost feel like cheating lol. It's more fun to sneak behind your enemies, using the active camo whenever needed.

Yeah honestly, I kinda feel that way too. In some way I feel that this game (and HR before it) need like ONE more system in place to kinda fuck with the vent crawling - something like lock picks in the first game. Without any actual risk or consumable items used, it totally does feel like cheating a lot of the time.

Still though, not EVERY place has a convenient vent, I just wouldn't mind seeing something kinda throw a wrench in the vent formula.

Ozium

"That terrible day two years ago..."

The Hudson River, two years ago...

ActWan

Ahhhh why did they change the voice actor for Sariff! ;_; I loved his voice!
And why can't I see myself in the mirror, too much augs make you a vampire?
The apartment is pretty cool tho

Dec

I... can't?
The lift, in its lowered state, only gets me to the top of the archway before the checkpoint, but I can't jump any higher on either side onto a roof. I can't raise that lift because it needs a biocell, and the outlet is locked anyways.

Milena mentions a female cop that hates the goon if you mean getting past the checkpoint.

Wait can you remote hack though walls? Is that how I get in here

Remote hack that big window.

sueil

So I marathoned the game in 29 hours from steam unlock until I beat it. Now I have started a I never asked for this permadeath run. The most important Aug for permadeath is Icarus landing because a fall will end 100% permadeath runs without it. You are also immortal inside vents. The enemies cannot deal with vents at all just like human revolution. They eventually give up and leave alert after firing thousands of rounds into a spot you were at 5 minutes ago.

Dec

So I marathoned the game in 29 hours from steam unlock until I beat it. Now I have started a I never asked for this permadeath run. The most important Aug for permadeath is Icarus landing because a fall will end 100% permadeath runs without it. You are also immortal inside vents. The enemies cannot deal with vents at all just like human revolution. They eventually give up and leave alert after firing thousands of rounds into a spot you were at 5 minutes ago.

Seriously, when you lose Icarus landing I didn't realize and spent my praxis on other shit. Died more to falling while trying to platform during that time than I have through the whole game.

The shooting mechanics in this game are quite poor. That's playing with a controller.

I thought it was one aspect they wanted to improve on?

Beat two side missions today and spent the rest of the time wandering around and exploring the map. Man, this game is immersive, and the art direction just keeps blowing me away. I'll probably finally head to TF29 headquarters tomorrow to start the main mission, but I have another side quest I can complete before then.

My copy of the book also arrived today as well. I'm super excited to read it :)

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't really watched much to avoid spoilers but can anyone list the major improvements over HR which I'm currently playing? I'm only 4 hours into it but my current biggest issues are; 30 second wait times after a failed hack, clunky cover system, very limited inventory space early on, feeling very weak early on (a regular cop could kill me in less than 2 seconds before I upgraded my shield), tiny mini map and the voices lose sync with the characters in cut scenes sometimes, I'm hoping these problems are somewhat addressed in this game as I'll grab it if I enjoy HR until the end.

Jeffrey

Man is this game tough early on in Prague lol. HR was like this too. Just me creeping around waiting for slow ass energy to recharge so I can melee again. Died multiple times trying to save the dude who's gonna look at my augs.

ymgve

Cqrex7yVMAAh3xg.jpg

Any idea how to get in here? I can't figure out if you can interact with the yellow plate and I dont see another way in

Alright I found another one of these things and still dunno how tf to open them

Remote hacking aug allows you to open those shutters. It's one of those glitched aughs.

Do sidequests disappear as you progress? I only finished 0-5 (3 is still active) before going to Golem City, were there any more accessible pre-Golem?

Man is this game tough early on in Prague lol. HR was like this too. Just me creeping around waiting for slow ass energy to recharge so I can melee again. Died multiple times trying to save the dude who's gonna look at my augs.

I made it to the
library section
I take it this is where you are.

So does energy recharge over time?

haha thats the worst, you creep behind a guy all ready to knock him out and then when you press the button you realize with horror you have no energy, so then you stand around like a dumbass behind him hoping your energy recharges before he turns around. I feel like the dumbest stealth guy in the world.

For anyone who is trophy minded, does the platinum really require you to complete the mode in Nightmare mode (death = done)? That might discourage me from trying to get the trophy.

Ruff

The city looks amazing at nighttime. Also,
Golem City
was atmospheric as balls. I really don't get the people who said this game looked last gen in the review thread, maybe the animations are a little off kilter but I just want to take screenshots everywhere.

All you had to do was run to the helicopter and you save him

I feel like this is some bullshit on the part of the game designers. When you're given a time-sensitive optional objective alongside the main objective like that, the implication is that you're going to fail the optional one if you don't do it first. Why make 'save Singh' a separate objective if you don't actually have to do it to get credit for it? I spent like fifteen minutes getting progressively more frustrated, thinking I had to take out all the bad guys to save him because that's what the game told me to do, and by the time I reached the helicopter (and circled around it trying to figure out what to do) I ran out of time and it got away. Really poor signposting, I guess; telling the player to do a really difficult thing that turns out to be completely unnecessary.

Dec

I made it to the
library section
I take it this is where you are.

So does energy recharge over time?

To a point. There is a vertical line in your energy bar that is how much energy you will recharge over time. This vertical line gets lower and lower as you use energy until you use a Biocell to reset it to your maximum again.

gfxtwin

It's refreshing compared to the more scripted, linear AAA games that tend to let you breeze through with little effort or thought. Overall, loving the game, one of the best of the year so far for me, up there with Quantum Break, Gears Ultimate Edition (PC), Uncharted 4, Doom, Videoball, Resident Evil 0, etc.

Dec

I feel like this is some bullshit on the part of the game designers. When you're given a time-sensitive optional objective alongside the main objective like that, the implication is that you're going to fail the optional one if you don't do it first. Why make 'save Singh' a separate objective if you don't actually have to do it to get credit for it? I spent like fifteen minutes getting progressively more frustrated, thinking I had to take out all the bad guys to save him because that's what the game told me to do, and by the time I reached the helicopter (and circled around it trying to figure out what to do) I ran out of time and it got away. Really poor signposting, I guess; telling the player to do a really difficult thing that turns out to be completely unnecessary.

What happens if you don't let the helicopter get away? I saved Singh and didn't think I could take down the chopper and thought it getting away was just inevitable. Apparently you can take it down on the opposite side I was standing, but what is the difference to the story?

Brockxz

So you are saying you wanted hand-holding in the game? Really? You do realize that mission is the best way to show you can have a more outcomes than one? I replayed that part at least 5 times and found out you can both - save and disable and you can also one of those options - either save or let him die but still manage to stop helicopter. I don't know what changes are if you didn't save or didn't stop helicopter because i proceeded my game progress completing both objectives. What you need to understand is that Deus Ex games is not about doing exactly what is told you to do. You should always experiment and decide your course of action.
I bet you didn't save Malik in HR (i don 't know if you even have played any other Deus Ex game) because you were told to leave her?

What happens if you don't let the helicopter get away? I saved Singh and didn't think I could take down the chopper and thought it getting away was just inevitable. Apparently you can take it down on the opposite side I was standing, but what is the difference to the story?

No idea. I was actually really confused there, because I got to the helicopter and found the little panel you're supposed to open, hit E on it, got a bunch of XP notifications for completing objectives, and then a cutscene triggered. I assumed I'd done it right, but then the cutscene showed the chopper flying away, and then everything just kind of exploded and it cut to the opening credits, so I didn't really know what was going on.

I ended up watching a Youtube video and saw that you're supposed to pull a battery out from behind that panel on the helicopter, which I didn't get a chance to do. I can only assume that I hit the end of the invisible countdown timer right as I opened the panel, thus failing the objective without even realising it. But, yeah, I have no idea what changes if you actually stop it.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account

Yeah. That line in the intro was just terrible. You wouldn't have to reiterate or remind people of the almost Armageddon that happened 2 years ago in which millions/billions died and even more were affected.

Horrific line.

Hope the rest is better, just got to the apartment.

Truant

That part always bugs me. The writing and voice acting for the Picus lady is terrible. Like, the world is the way it is because of that incident, why would anyone need to be reminded?

That part always bugs me. The writing and voice acting for the Picus lady is terrible. Like, the world is the way it is because of that incident, why would anyone need to be reminded?

I mean yeah it's corny but it's not much different from how a lot of media refers to stuff like 9/11, for example, which is what they're clearly going for.

So you are saying you wanted hand-holding in the game? Really? You do realize that mission is the best way to show you can have a more outcomes than one? I replayed that part at least 5 times and found out you can both - save and disable and you can also one of those options - either save or let him die but still manage to stop helicopter. I don't know what changes are if you didn't save or didn't stop helicopter because i proceeded my game progress completing both objectives. What you need to understand is that Deus Ex games is not about doing exactly what is told you to do. You should always experiment and decide your course of action.
I bet you didn't save Malik in HR (i don 't know if you even have played any other Deus Ex game) because you were told to leave her?

Jesus, that's condescending. 0-60 in two seconds flat.

The game flashes two objectives on screen: "DISABLE THE HELICOPTER" and "(Optional) SAVE SINGH". Thus, I assumed the options were:

- Take the easy way out and go straight to the helicopter, but Singh dies
- Go through a tough fight to save Singh, but maybe the helicopter gets away
- If you're really good, you can save Singh and disable the helicopter

Instead, if you just run straight to the helicopter and disable it, all the dozen armed bad guys shooting at Singh will magically disappear and you get to save the day like a big hero even though you didn't do anything. This is what I feel is badly designed.

Shari

Is there anyway to find secondary missions that I dont know of? I just visited TF29 and finished all the secondary missions that came my way while going for the first one but I'm sure that are more lying around prague that I dont know of and my OCD won't let me go on with the primary mission if there are secondaries to do.

Anyway to discover those? Do I simply continue on with the primary and wait for them to cross my path? Do I use a guide?

Would like tips from anyone that has finished or is very deep into the game so I know how to handle this. I dont mind using a guide but if the game has a better way then I prefer to take the dev's route.

Dear game, don't give me a large hub to explore and then have a guy call me every 2 minutes to ask me where I'm at.

I'll get to the main plot once I'm good and ready.

Dec

Is there anyway to find secondary missions that I dont know of? I just visited TF29 and finished all the secondary missions that came my way while going for the first one but I'm sure that are more lying around prague that I dont know of and my OCD won't let me go on with the primary mission if there are secondaries to do.

Anyway to discover those? Do I simply continue on with the primary and wait for them to cross my path? Do I use a guide?

Would like tips from anyone that has finished or is very deep into the game so I know how to handle this. I dont mind using a guide but if the game has a better way then I prefer to take the dev's route.

You can pay a dude outside Adam's apartment (visible between a fence when exiting one of his apartment buildings exits) some of that Aug medicine for Points of Interest that can lead you places there will be some side stuff. It's only 3 or something, so hunting for side stuff is still needed.

I don't think many of the secondary missions will activate until you get s bit farther in the main storyline. I'm like you. I gotta explore everything as it's presented to me, I visited every interior/secret in Prague and many of the locations were obviously for scripted missions, but I haven't/cant activate them yet. I believe that after you come back from an expedition, more will follow.

mxgt

Banned
Moment I fell in love with the game:

I was in the bank, and
hacked into a random side room out of sight, I then hacked into the employees computer, read his e-mails and learned that he had been let go. I went into the security section on his PC to unlock his safe and one of the employees started messaging me, and I had to make excuses and bluff for why I was online with his account.

So good.

It's refreshing compared to the more scripted, linear AAA games that tend to let you breeze through with little effort or thought. Overall, loving the game, one of the best of the year so far for me..

100% agree. Like Human Revolution did, this feels refreshing, like a game from yesteryear, where it's not crying out to entertain you, rather you get out what you put in. Really fantastic game.

Top Bottom