• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

nOoblet16

I got the dialogue for not killing anyone, so maybe you just had some body glitch out and somehow die?

Just did a side-mission where a person wanted me to pay for a train ticket and enough for her to "start a new life", I was expecting it to be something like 5-10k but it was only 350..

I am maybe halfway through the game and have almost 40k right now with pretty much nothing to spend it on. :p

That 350 was only the travel cost, you can actually find the ticket in the agent's office that you are investigating and give her that.

Moff

This fills me with hope though. Not enough hours in the day to do the Golem City again.

he told me he appreciated my restraint, but generally I think it's next to impossible to kill someone by accident in this game. you can even throw unconscious people three floors down and they are not dead.

nOoblet16

he told me he appreciated my restraint, but generally I think it's next to impossible to kill someone by accident in this game. you can even throw unconscious people three floors down and they are not dead.

Once I had someone die because their body got stuck in the floor while I was dragging their unconscious body.

Ozium

can't download the patch on steam, so I can't even playh teh fucking game

update stays at starting, and just sits there, I restarted steam and other games updates were downloaded, now it is back to mankind divided and doing the same shit

:(

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination

update stays at starting, and just sits there, I restarted steam and other games updates were downloaded, now it is back to mankind divided and doing the same shit

Yeah, I too am getting a "content unreachable" error. What to do?

Ozium

Yeah, I too am getting a "content unreachable" error. What to do?

I changed my steam download server from Minneapolis (where I live) to New York and still had same error, then I changed it to Seattle and now it seems to be working?

shrug

gotta get close to gaben I guess

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Finished this tonight and ended up loving it, probably going to be one of my favourite games this year. It is essentially more of the same but that's ok by me.

Some thoughts, including ending etc

For me it feels like the middle game of a trilogy. It tells a story which I enjoyed a lot but the 'bigger picture' I hope comes to light in the third game. I'm especially intrigued by the cutscene in the middle of the credits and how that'll come into play in the third game. I mean there are unanswered questions but the main story of the game about the bombing had a satisfying conclusion I thought. I did however howl with laughter at the final boss, I had accidentally found a 'kill switch' and was able to just press a button. Boom boss man dead. I guess me being looking all over the place helped lol

Best part of the game though are the sidestories and I really enjoyed them. The one called The Harvester was especially great Didn't get them all though so I need to go back and see what I missed/look them up on youtube.

I also did the Jensons Story scenario after finishing the game and that was a fun bit of stealthing as well.

The only thing I didn't really like is the Breach mode. I don't know, the style of it just really rubs me the wrong way. If they had gone more the Tron style route I'd love it or used parts of the actualy games levels that would be fun too. I just know after doing the training level I never want to play it again, it feels like something made to keep people coming back/let them flog booster packs or whatever.

Sadist

I've been playing around for a few hours now and I'm still enjoying the side missions, ha. They're very... long this time around. Not a complaint, just an observation.

FAK

End of Golem City spoilers
The intro to Rucker's confrontation just had him say 'Dont kill anymore of my people' even though I was going for a pacifist playthrough and was really careful not to kill anyone.

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak

I murdered everyone I could without setting off any alarms. Although you are going pacifist, were you detected? That may trigger his dialogue.

There are quite a few things about Mankind Divided that are just weird to me, from a design standpoint. First and foremost, the objective marker and the lack of a middle ground between having it TOO on and completely off. Now, there was a moment where I was completely lost, because I had the objective marker turned off. (It starts off, and doesn't tell you that.) There was one little key area I had to get to that I just couldn't find. After struggling for a bit, I realized I could turn on the objective marker. After turning it on, I realized it doesn't just give you a pointer in the right direction. It guides you completely. As in, it tells you to go to one location, then guides you to the next, eventually leading you to your real objective.

As far as I can tell, there's no middle ground between those two. You either have no objective marker, or one that feels like it's holding your hand.

Am I wrong about this, or are those the only two options?

Mechazawa

I changed my steam download server from Minneapolis (where I live) to New York and still had same error, then I changed it to Seattle and now it seems to be working?

shrug

Lol, this ended up being the fix for me. Went Houston -> Seattle and the patch downloaded.

That or just restarting Steam yet again.

Glip_Glop

So frustrating! All I wanted to do was get home from work and play this game.

CHC

Just change your region of download to Russia for the patch, it works fine then. It'll be a little slower but it's a small patch. You can change the region right back after without any issues.

d00d3n

Does it count as killing to deal with the security checkpoint system in the first hub by
sending armed police on them, who mercilessly mow them down with guns?
Is there a more elegant way to solve the situation?

CHC

There are quite a few things about Mankind Divided that are just weird to me, from a design standpoint. First and foremost, the objective marker and the lack of a middle ground between having it TOO on and completely off. Now, there was a moment where I was completely lost, because I had the objective marker turned off. (It starts off, and doesn't tell you that.) There was one little key area I had to get to that I just couldn't find. After struggling for a bit, I realized I could turn on the objective marker. After turning it on, I realized it doesn't just give you a pointer in the right direction. It guides you completely. As in, it tells you to go to one location, then guides you to the next, eventually leading you to your real objective.

As far as I can tell, there's no middle ground between those two. You either have no objective marker, or one that feels like it's holding your hand.

Am I wrong about this, or are those the only two options?

Yeah my two gripes with the UI so far would be

a) I wish the objective marker only showed on your UI when you faced in the direction it was, rather than all the time.

b) I wish there was an option for a small / minimal reticle. The GIANT hexagon crosshair for the assault rifle is really obnoxious and in the way.

etta

my hard graphic balls
14 hours in and still have 5 sidequests to do, and only finished the 8th main mission.

Short game my ass.

Glip_Glop

Just change your region of download to Russia for the patch, it works fine then. It'll be a little slower but it's a small patch. You can change the region right back after without any issues.
Tried Seattle, Russia, Vietnam...nothing

Edit-did it a few times, worked with Seattle

JustDrive

Prague night time easter egg

During the side mission "the glitch," when you go to future-past antiky, in the corner of a room, underneath some boxes and inside a box, there is a Human Revolution game cover

Also seen a few nods towards movies. From the uncanny resemblance to the silence of the lambs holding cells at
T29
to a soldier patrolling in
Garm
saying " This is my weapon, there are many like it but this one is mine" lol

etta

my hard graphic balls
Also, can someone help me with a side quest:

The first harvester mission, I am almost done. I cleared the suspect and got the files from the storage, but I have to talk to Rednak or whatever his name is but he is not in his paper supply office. I already knocked out the guard in the basement thinking it was Rednak but it wasn't him. I've already travelled in and out of the zone many times, I've done like 3 side quests in the meantime.

Glass

I murdered everyone I could without setting off any alarms. Although you are going pacifist, were you detected? That may trigger his dialogue.

Yeah I was detected, didn't get the Ghost bonus (but did get the Smooth Operator one).
Wanted to test out my tesla and it set a few people off momentarily. Fingers crossed.

Ozium

Also, can someone help me with a side quest:

The first harvester mission, I am almost done. I cleared the suspect and got the files from the storage, but I have to talk to Rednak or whatever his name is but he is not in his paper supply office. I already knocked out the guard in the basement thinking it was Rednak but it wasn't him. I've already travelled in and out of the zone many times, I've done like 3 side quests in the meantime.

he's outside of it cleaning a sign or something, just outside to the left of the door while facing it

Does it count as killing to deal with the security checkpoint system in the first hub by
sending armed police on them, who mercilessly mow them down with guns?
Is there a more elegant way to solve the situation?

No, I got pacifist and this is the option I took.

Ducarmel

Am I a psycho.

I stealth kill every officer that ask for my papers. I even start looking for it by riding on the naturals train.

I'm replaying the game and this time I have no problem shooting any pos in the face.

Moff

Am I a psycho.

I stealth kill every officer that ask for my papers. I even start looking for it by riding on the naturals train.

I'm replaying the game and this time I have no problem shooting any pos in the face.

speaking of psycho, can you clean the whole city or do they respawn endlessly GTA style?

etta

my hard graphic balls
he's outside of it cleaning a sign or something, just outside to the left of the door while facing it
The fuck, hmmmm. The only person outside the shop I've seen is a civilian paranoid about being arrested. I'll have a better look, thanks.

Steam won't download the update from me, says it has issues reaching the content server. Even after restarting Steam and successfully downloading other games. Is it just me?

Ducarmel

Steam won't download the update from me, says it has issues reaching the content server. Even after restarting Steam and successfully downloading other games. Is it just me?

change download location servers in your settings, it could take more then once, I had to change mines twice to get it going.

Trojan

shrug

As a fellow Minneapolis resident, I'm surprised you didn't try the Duluth server as your second option

TheRed

Guys guys! Golem
fucking city! Idk if it's just this area and not much more but damn it's amazing, I already found way to objective but took about 3 hours completely exploring every floor and taking out all the enemies, how did they do it? Every room I went into was full of detail and interesting things to find and emails , it's so impressive I want to keep exploring this place. Holy shit and it looks so good on PC at 1440p.
I'm just excited because I love this game, happy it's turned out so well after all these years. I never expected to like it so much more than HR but I do.
Oh and the music is so good, love the low electric guitar strumming the whole time.

I just found an amazing stash of Neuropozyne. Like 6 in one shelf. It's inside a doctors office in the red light district

Also I don't think this was always a RLD though. I swear I've been here

Edit: oh I think it's because it's night now

rtcn63

You can beat the first Prague story mission in like two minutes if you know what you're doing and have the right augs.
The game really is generous with regards to vents. Super incredibly generous if you just make sure to scan a room entirely.

Also the lvl 1 alarms were triggering as much lvl 5's in Prague.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Can you get Macready to share info about the Dubai mission?

Perhaps being condescending was the wrong move

CamelCloud

Mission 12.

Why isn't the door to Tomas Romanek's office opening after I talk to the receptionist? The woman inside is just walking back and forth without doing jack shit.

EDIT:
I just hacked the door with a multi-tool.

Entire soundtrack has been amazing as expected, but special shout out to the track with the ethereal female vocals that plays in the district Adam's apartment is in at night. Coupled with some of the imagery going on in that area at that time (crime scene), it's quite the mood setter...

bbd23

I just restarted because I was not enjoying the augs I picked at all. fuck stealth. what are fun augs to go with if I want to go in blazing

What the fuck is this shit. I am new to PC, why cant I play my damn game. I don't care if the update doesn't work, let me start the damn game. This is so stupid.

At least you guys seem to have a fix, thanks.

I just restarted because I was not enjoying the augs I picked at all. fuck stealth. what are fun augs to go with if I want to go in blazing

Titan Armor, Typhon, multitakedown (think that's an arm one?), the one when time slows down so you can get headshots quick.

Glass

The receptionist just called for the account manager at the bank, but I'm pretty sure I remember knocking him out earlier. Am I screwed?

Top Bottom