• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

nOoblet16

It is possible to complete this without ruining stealth but your jumping aug should not be working due to the hypnotism.

There is one transmitter on the side after you climb up the ladder.

To get the other to you need to find the dumpster on the ground floor. Drag it over to the wall opposite the ladder and put it underneath the walkway ledge. Climb onto that and then climb onto the walkway to deactivate the other two transmitters. This bit is a bit hard to describe but I hope this helps

No high jump works still. I made it without using any dumpster.

Window

Just to be sure the exec safes
can also be accessed without keycards right? Just need to hack into the security terminal and unlock them. Or are they different?

Trojan

For the early Prague side mission with the guy who's selling the fake IDs...has anyone else run into the issue where they can't finish the mission because Ivenka & Edward don't show up? I talked to Ivenka but Edward is not where the map indicates he should be. I've looked everywhere and can't find this bastard.

Is this side mission glitched?

13 hours in and I've just set foot in the "GC" area. Damn this game is so good. That I'm getting this and Dishonored 2, such exceptional stealth games in the same year...

A real pity the game itself is being partially overshadowed by micro transaction bullshit is depressing.

For the early Prague side mission with the guy who's selling the fake IDs...has anyone else run into the issue where they can't finish the mission because Ivenka & Edward don't show up? I talked to Ivenka but Edward is not where the map indicates he should be. I've looked everywhere and can't find this bastard.

Is this side mission glitched?

The marker only indicates Ivenka.

Go to the mini mart - it is at the back of the train station on the bottom right of the map. That is where you find him, he is being attacked in the shop and you need to knock out/kill his attacker

ymgve

can also be accessed without keycards right? Just need to hack into the security terminal and unlock them. Or are they different?

Exec safes
are locked in the floor so you either need a keycard or use the security terminal in a hidden room next to the exec areas

rtcn63

Tip- if you're going the hacking route, don't buy weapons. I regret spending 3K on the stun gun when it can be found in the NSN headquarters for free.

Ushay

So I am in
Golem City and just picked up a Versalife Supply Crate. What is it used for? Says its a story item??

haveheart

Banned
I'm now a couple of hours in.

It's so good. Gameplaywise it's a huge step-up from Human Revolution.

And as of now, I find the story very intruiging. I can't wait to unravel more of it.

The Prague setting is done very well, everything feels real, all the newspapers, poster, the mumbling of the people on the streets and how you are treated - everything feels so natural and realistic.

Window

So (HR easter-egg)
you can see Pritchard's script which he pitched to Picus in one of the apartments (just the cover with the title).

Jeffrey

been a while since I've played HR, not really feeling huge improvements besides being able to jump and climb is nice.

It's a surprisingly safe sequel for something that took 5 years since the 'original'.

Not necessarily a bad thing.

Anyone else triggered by how basically every reading item you pick up seems to be running low on battery?

I never asked for this

CqzPwO_UsAAbvT9.jpg:large

"I have eyes on the back of my eyes, so I can see enemies coming from all directions."
"But Jensen, all you're going to be able to see is the back of your eye sock-"
"SHUT UP! It looks cool."

I was having bad problems with slowdown and menus/maps taking almost 15 seconds to display and numerous game freezing stutters, but after updating my drivers to 372.whatevuh, game-play is extremely smooth, and i spend most of my time between 55 and 75 fps without the slow loading menus and freezing. It's amazing how a simple video driver update can make you hate a game with a passion (due to technical problems) to loving it and only getting 3.5 hours of sleep before a 9 hour work day.

Also I don't want to leave Prague. They can't make me.

oktarb

So I basically got past the first mission "Got fix yo shit".

The immersive quality stands up. Though I find myself gravitating to the 'kill em all' approach. I start stealth, scout, something goes wrong and then its mayhem and death. I have to hack everything insight and boy was I surprised when I hacked a door in my apartment and the tenants went ape shit on my ass.

Like what I seen so far, the weekend cometh!

Carlius

Banned
so seriously...how are ther epeople saying this is the same shit as HR? its just miles better. yolo. enjoying the game a lot more so far.

Uh so is anybody elses copy on Steam stuck in an update loop?

I went to go play today, and it keeps cycling between updating and not updating.

Still can't believe a friend of mine bought this for me on my birthday. best friends are best.

I think I've played like 12-15 hours so far. Steam went down on me a couple nights while I was playing so it didn't register all my time I've spent with the game.

Xyber

Uh so is anybody elses copy on Steam stuck in an update loop?

I went to go play today, and it keeps cycling between updating and not updating.

Still can't believe a friend of mine bought this for me on my birthday. best friends are best.

I think I've played like 12-15 hours so far. Steam went down on me a couple nights while I was playing so it didn't register all my time I've spent with the game.

Try changing the download server to some other country, seemed to help other people.

deoee

I'm scared of this gamebreaking bug that can happen and do not want to continue :S

Can anyone tell me the mission number it can occure on?

Why the fuck is the preorder mission not in the actual game, this is stupid. There's even dialogue in the main game that references the setup to it. It's a totally competent mission, heck I think it's better as an early game infiltration mission than the
bombed train station
. But anyone who heeds the "MAIN GAME SPOILERS" warning and waits to finish the game is going to be completely unsatisfied because it is so obviously an early game mission.

If you have any interest in playing the preorder mission, do it pretty much right after M05, it makes no sense to play it way later.

TheRed

so seriously...how are ther epeople saying this is the same shit as HR? its just miles better. yolo. enjoying the game a lot more so far.
Agreed, I loved HR. But this game blows it away, aside from game breaking bugs that hopefully all get fixed I can't see how people could be underwhelmed by this game , it's amazing!

Glass

FAK

End of Golem City spoilers
The intro to Rucker's confrontation just had him say 'Dont kill anymore of my people' even though I was going for a pacifist playthrough and was really careful not to kill anyone.

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak

Just finished, thought it was miles better than Human Revolution. That game had so much potential but also a lot of niggling problems. Playing this game I felt like I was being better rewarded for my choices in how to get through levels, there weren't any awful boss fights in this game, the gunplay and movement is just so much better, the battery and health systems are better, etc. It's the game I wanted Human Revolution to be. This is a contender for GOTY for me, honestly. The only problems I had were of the technical variety, really.

RawNuts

FAK

The intro to Rucker's confrontation just had him say 'Dont kill anymore of my people' even though I was going for a pacifist playthrough and was really careful not to kill anyone.

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak
I had him say this in my game as well even though I'm going pacifist; does that dialogue mean that I fucked it up?

Diancecht

FAK

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak

Interesting. I basically murdered everyone and he thanked me that I didn't kill anyone. I think that line might be borked.

It is possible to complete this without ruining stealth but your jumping aug should not be working due to the hypnotism.

There is one transmitter on the side after you climb up the ladder.

To get the other to you need to find the dumpster on the ground floor. Drag it over to the wall opposite the ladder and put it underneath the walkway ledge. Climb onto that and then climb onto the walkway to deactivate the other two transmitters. This bit is a bit hard to describe but I hope this helps

Oh noooo haha I just used my only two Praxxis points for my super jump, rather than my strength :(

Frostman

Think I'm going to have to snatch this game up, I originally had it pre-ordered but was put of last minute by early reviews (some mentioning a stale formula). £38 is too good

Edit: at Amazon UK btw

TheRed

Just want to say in Golem City
The throat is so amazing, it reminds me of my favorite looking areas in Half Life 2 and Riddick. And you can move all along it up and down freely while the graphics look amazing too.
This game just keeps on giving, loving this area and this game.

Glass

I had him say this in my game as well even though I'm going pacifist; does that dialogue mean that I fucked it up?

I only presume so. I just watched the streamer Cohh Carnage who I know is doing a pacifist run to the same cutscene, and Rucker thanked him for not killing anyone iirc.

Interesting. I basically murdered everyone and he thanked me that I didn't kill anyone. I think that line might be borked.

This fills me with hope though. Not enough hours in the day to do the Golem City again.

nOoblet16

FAK

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak
I went pacifist twice and both times he said "I appreciated your restraint"

nOoblet16

Exec safes
are locked in the floor so you either need a keycard or use the security terminal in a hidden room next to the exec areas
I read some guide that said that you can disable security to have the lockers raised. It is definitely possible to enter the safe without key cards btw, one of them has a weak wall and the other has a vent.

Just beat it and got the Pacifist trophy!

Really happy I pulled off (final mission spoiler)
saving the delegates and reaching marchenko before he blows the bomb by just Icarus dashing through the level

nOoblet16

Runs dry very soon, even maxed out. I mostly use it to cover a small bit of ground when I'm about to get spotted.

How's the Invisible aug for stealth players? Is it too OP or not OP enough or what?
You just need to know how to use the aug properly, you can blaze through levels very very quickly if you use it properly.

Basically the faster you move the faster it drains, so with all upgrades to cloak and battery you can get quite a lot out of it if you move properly. There are two ways to move basically:

1) Activate it while going from a cover to another cover or when you are spotted so that you can move to a different cover.
2) Activate it along with silent footsteps and just make a beeline rush to a far off cover.

Once you do that you move slowly until it recharges completely and then repeat. It makes stealth incredibly easy.

Such a great looking game on PC

Looks like a PS3 game /s

Xyber

FAK

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak

I got the dialogue for not killing anyone, so maybe you just had some body glitch out and somehow die?

Just did a side-mission where a person wanted me to pay for a train ticket and enough for her to "start a new life", I was expecting it to be something like 5-10k but it was only 350..

I am maybe halfway through the game and have almost 40k right now with pretty much nothing to spend it on. :p

Prague night time easter egg

During the side mission "the glitch," when you go to future-past antiky, in the corner of a room, underneath some boxes and inside a box, there is a Human Revolution game cover

Putty

Another 30 mins tonight and I hit by just how pretty this looks on PS4...it's REALLY nice ..back up with really solid performance.

Top Bottom