• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

Xyber

Mouse sensitivity is so much better now after the patch. turned it down from the 27% it had changed to (which was 0% before) to 6% and now it's just where I want it.

Fledz

So this is a bit annoying (train station mission).
I obviously didn't want to kill any cops but I knocked 3 out and dragged them to safe spots. They were fine, I double checked they were still alive. Got the DSD and when I got back to TF29, Aria was saying she heard things happen. So now it appears like they shot at me first and I had to retaliate, when in fact they didn't even know I was there.

Devs, this is shit storytelling. QA should be picking up on this.

TheRed

I think the game looks glorious. Just reached Golem City. Maybe it's because I'm at 1440p on a good PC, but man it looks great. Never seen such dense detailed environments, except maybe the Division but that game has like 0 interactivity with objects. This game is impressive to me. A sequel like this with just smarter AI would be the best. The hardest difficulty has been a breeze so far.

ebevan91

So this is a bit annoying (train station mission).
I obviously didn't want to kill any cops but I knocked 3 out and dragged them to safe spots. They were fine, I double checked they were still alive. Got the DSD and when I got back to TF29, Aria was saying she heard things happen. So now it appears like they shot at me first and I had to retaliate, when in fact they didn't even know I was there.

Devs, this is shit storytelling. QA should be picking up on this.

I had the same thing happen. I was like "wtf this is completely opposite of what happened!"

SlickVic

This is probably mentioned in-game somewhere, but is the only way to get your health and energy bars back to their maximum is by using consumables? It didn't seem to go back up after finishing a mission and didn't see a 'sleep' option in game to restore everything.

Fledz

This is probably mentioned in-game somewhere, but is the only way to get your health and energy bars back to their maximum is by using consumables? It didn't seem to go back up after finishing a mission and didn't see a 'sleep' option in game to restore everything.

Use the shooting range.

ebevan91

Think I know why my game isn't updating. There's a thunderstorm right now and my internet tends to go out or act screwy during thunderstorms. Also when I go to my network settings, it's saying there's no internet connection (even though there is or obviously I wouldn't be posting right now).

Glass

I've just upgraded to the Tesla stun arm, and although its great, firing it at the enemies turns the condition to Hostile for a brief second before they go down. Is this screwing me out of a No Alarm run or anything along those lines? Normally take enemies out completely silently.

Vic_Viper

So in the first side mission (Golden Ticket)
Are you able to find a way to validate the second passport? I searched the validation building and the guards but didn't find anything. The 1/2 in the mission tab made me think it might be possible.

No but that will be explained later on in the game if you do the other side missions. Or rather there is a payoff later.

did the jensen story bonus mission

I understand why they do this separately, because it would be way to easy to do this as a god with all augs, and I actually found it very refreshing to do it with a fresh start and do things differently. did everything without hacking and any of the exploration augs and the game plays completely differently, haha.

still, I think it was a mistake to not include it in the main game, it just feels to detached and immersion is important in deus ex. as good as the mission was, it just felt unsatisfying. if they go the same route with the dlc I probably won't bite. I want to be part of this world and continue the story with my character.

This felt really odd imo. I wish they had included it in the game like they did with HR's extra quest for its day one edition. Hope the DLC doesnt feel like this or atleast they do it better storywise.

Kaz42

Is it normal to have 12 praxis points at the beginning after meeting with the doc? I feel like I have almost every upgrade I want and I have only played an hour or 2.

Mesoian

Welp, the download bug got me too. Can't launch the game because it can't update itself. That's frustrating.

Edit: Changed download location to australia. that worked.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So... that
abandoned toy factory/document forgery
sidequest... was I supposed to be led there sooner or later? I mean, all I was doing was exploring early Prague, looking for buildings to loot, and while I was on a 2nd floor apartment, I noticed a few jumps could allow me to bypass the main entrance guard, and there the sidequest started when I found the forger a little bit further...

jrcbandit

Is it normal to have 12 praxis points at the beginning after meeting with the doc? I feel like I have almost every upgrade I want and I have only played an hour or 2.

Did you really upgrade everything you needed? You pretty much need all the battery upgrades plus the jump upgrade, breathing upgrade, lifting heavy weight to be able to explore everywhere. Hacking and hacking stealth are also a must have, but initially I only raised stealth to 1 and hacking to 3. That doesn't leave much left over for other things. Without upgrading the battery, you don't recharge much after a skill use and you have big delays.

Just finished the game, thought it was pretty great. Not sure why the reviews criticize the story, it is not amazing but it is not poor either, it is good enough. Pretty pleased that I also managed to do it without killing or raising an alarms, I was pretty surprised when the Foxiest of Hounds trophy popped up, I thought I was bound to have triggered something during the game and was pleased I managed it in a playthrough where I completed all side missions/explored a lot.

My only question is in relation to the side mission "The Mystery Augs"

I completed each objective on all 3 trips to prague. I got a Tai Yong Medical Card on the second visit and on the third visit I spoke to David Sarif. Does the medical card mean anything?I could not find a vault in the bank to use the card and the quest just ended with Sarif asking questions. Is that all there is to the mission or did I miss something?

Glass

Just looped back on myself and found an enemy I'd put to sleep who got stuck in the floor end up dead. Luckily found her and didnt ruin the achievement, but yeah, if someone clips through a floor, reload.

Spoo

So I'm thinking about doing a 2nd playthrough of this. Did Pacifist the first time, so I'm thinking of going full tank mode and just blasting through everything.

Anyone actually go this route, and if so is it actually fun to do?

Spoo

Just looped back on myself and found an enemy I'd put to sleep who got stuck in the floor end up dead. Luckily found her and didnt ruin the achievement, but yeah, if someone clips through a floor, reload.

I'm sure everyone pretty much already does this, but there were a couple of times during my playthrough where I used the stun gun and it straight up killed people. Not sure if it's a glitch or if there's a small possibility with the stun gun that this can happen. Either way, make it a habit to *always* check the status of the person you shoot after they are down if you can. Also don't shoot people who might fall from high distances.

Never killed a soul with the tranq sniper.

Just finished the game, thought it was pretty great. Not sure why the reviews criticize the story, it is not amazing but it is not poor either, it is good enough. Pretty pleased that I also managed to do it without killing or raising an alarms, I was pretty surprised when the Foxiest of Hounds trophy popped up, I thought I was bound to have triggered something during the game and was pleased I managed it in a playthrough where I completed all side missions/explored a lot.

My only question is in relation to the side mission "The Mystery Augs"

I completed each objective on all 3 trips to prague. I got a Tai Yong Medical Card on the second visit and on the third visit I spoke to David Sarif. Does the medical card mean anything?I could not find a vault in the bank to use the card and the quest just ended with Sarif asking questions. Is that all there is to the mission or did I miss something?

There is a secret series of corporate vaults at the Bank, and they all need passcards.

Kaz42

Did you really upgrade everything you needed? You pretty much need all the battery upgrades plus the jump upgrade, breathing upgrade, lifting heavy weight to be able to explore everywhere. Hacking and hacking stealth are also a must have, but initially I only raised stealth to 1 and hacking to 3. That doesn't leave much left over for other things. Without upgrading the battery, you don't recharge much after a skill use and you have big delays.

Well let's see: Got the social enhancer, hacking 4, rebreather, heavy lifting, remote hacking, long jump. Only thing I seem to be missing out on is icarus landing, hacking stealth, and a few battery upgrades. Haven't done a mission yet only side stuff but it seems like this is almost everything I want right out of the gate.

Ok need some advice.

I'm on SM02 where I have to
install the radio scramblers
Now I can't get to each of the 3 locations without alerting the turrets. Will this alert status affect my complete stealth playthrough? It comes up with alarm/alert status or whatever but I don't hear an alarm and it's only 1 guy running the place. Not like it's the police or anything. Am I ok or have I got to find another way of getting past the turrets? Can't use any of my augs to get past them due to
being slightly hypnotized

nOoblet16

Ok need some advice.

Now I can't get to each of the 3 locations without alerting the turrets. Will this alert status affect my complete stealth playthrough? It comes up with alarm/alert status or whatever but I don't hear an alarm and it's only 1 guy running the place. Not like it's the police or anything. Am I ok or have I got to find another way of getting past the turrets? Can't use any of my augs to get past them due to
You can install them without alerting. Do you have high jump?

Ok need some advice.

Try jumping to the ledges -- you can climb ledges now.

h0tp0ck3t

So... that
abandoned toy factory/document forgery
sidequest... was I supposed to be led there sooner or later? I mean, all I was doing was exploring early Prague, looking for buildings to loot, and while I was on a 2nd floor apartment, I noticed a few jumps could allow me to bypass the main entrance guard, and there the sidequest started when I found the forger a little bit further...

Theres a police checkpoint not too far from the place where the sidequest actually starts.
Basically
a corrupt cop stops you and tells you they'll give you a deal on forged papers

ymgve

I wish there was some really expensive upgrade that upgraded your minimum battery level. Just have it be like 10-12 Praxis points so you gotta think really hard about picking it or not.

Is there anything to do in the mission before you return to Prague for the third time?
The Swiss base. Is it just a "get to the exit" thing or can you do something story related there?

I wish there was some really expensive upgrade that upgraded your minimum battery level. Just have it be like 10-12 Praxis points so you gotta think really hard about picking it or not.

Is there anything to do in the mission before you return to Prague for the third time?
The Swiss base. Is it just a "get to the exit" thing or can you do something story related there?

I like that the implication here is that we wouldn't just go minimum battery cloak the entire game.

nOoblet16

Does anyone know how many corporate vault keycards there are and where to find them?
Yes. Hold on I'll quote myself.

Ok, so the real place where the vault containers are stored is underneath the parking in front of the bank, you can go in and there's a moving fan that you have to stop to go past and once you are in you should be able to access a large room that is several stories tall. All the corporate vault containers are stored here. But the Versalife container is underneath the floor at the bottom most part of this room and as I mentioned is the only one that can be accessed through the actual corporate vault in the bank for which you have to play it in the main story. The others can be accessed by going up to them and hacking a panel and then deploying them. Each one of them require a key card and here are the locations for them:

-Travos card is in the basement of the Sobchak security building in the map, you give the guy something and he lets you go in where you find the key card.
-Tai Yong Medical card is on the dead scientist dude who Jensen chases in Sarif's quest. It's the easiest to get.
-Picus card is in one of the apartments in Libuse apartment complex.

Additionally if you also want to access the executive safe in the bank:
-Executive Safe B card is in the bank manager's office in a safe revealed by pressing a button under the desk.
-Executive Safe A card is in the Executive Services office in a safe that can be accessed in the same way.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Theres a police checkpoint not too far from the place where the sidequest actually starts.
Basically
a corrupt cop stops you and tells you they'll give you a deal on forged papers

Huh... guess there is more than one way to start sidequests. That's cool.

ymgve

Yes. Hold on I'll quote myself.

In addition to this, the Executive Safe A keycard can be gained by
using CASIE on the account manager on the right side of the main corridor, pretending to do a security audit. I did this in nighttime Prague, not sure you can do it earlier.

jrcbandit

Should I be stingy with neurophozine or is there plenty to give out to the various people?

Give it away, you find a ton.

Well let's see: Got the social enhancer, hacking 4, rebreather, heavy lifting, remote hacking, long jump. Only thing I seem to be missing out on is icarus landing, hacking stealth, and a few battery upgrades. Haven't done a mission yet only side stuff but it seems like this is almost everything I want right out of the gate.

Well, you have the basic explore augments that are necessary to find the secrets, plus the battery to actually let you use augments. That's a good thing that they give you the option to immediately take all those instead of having to wait to be able to explore, and if people want to go combat heavy they can instead select those augments. It's good to give people choice and also not make you scrounge initially like HR. In any case, get Icarus landing so you don't embarasingly fall to your death... Plus, I like the stealth augment which isn't that useful until you upgrade to level 3, plus the silent feet. Also, I think they only give you like 7 or so kits, plus two more optional ones there. You probably earned the other 3-4 kits playing and the day one bonus kit.

Ok need some advice.

It is possible to complete this without ruining stealth but your jumping aug should not be working due to the hypnotism.

There is one transmitter on the side after you climb up the ladder.

To get the other to you need to find the dumpster on the ground floor. Drag it over to the wall opposite the ladder and put it underneath the walkway ledge. Climb onto that and then climb onto the walkway to deactivate the other two transmitters. This bit is a bit hard to describe but I hope this helps

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
This is the best fucking Metal Gear game in 15 years. What an amazing piece of art. Eidos Montreal never ceases to go above and beyond the call of duty.

nOoblet16

In addition to this, the Executive Safe A keycard can be gained by
using CASIE on the account manager on the right side of the main corridor, pretending to do a security audit. I did this in nighttime Prague, not sure you can do it earlier.

Wait Tomas Romanek
You can talk to him? I didn't know this.

Top Bottom